daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 06:27 PM   #201
Sir Isaac Newton

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Urban Politician View Post
^ Where did you hear that? There have been conflicting reports about this
I read it on one of the posts either here or on SSP, maybe 2-3 months ago. Since my knowledge of the Curve's status is only second hand, I could definitely be wrong. What conflicting reports have you heard that point toward the Curve still being planned to be built?
Sir Isaac Newton no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2007, 06:48 PM   #202
The Urban Politician
The City

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Isaac Newton View Post
I read it on one of the posts either here or on SSP, maybe 2-3 months ago. Since my knowledge of the Curve's status is only second hand, I could definitely be wrong. What conflicting reports have you heard that point toward the Curve still being planned to be built?
^ I read that post as well, but later on somebody said that this claim was untrue. At this point, I have no idea what's going on with that project
The Urban Politician no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 07:31 PM   #203
Mr Downtown
Urbane observer

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagotom View Post
Any Pics of the site?
This morning:

Quote:
Also Whats the Curve look like lately?
Just looks like a piece of dirt. Bonnie Sanchez-Carlson reported at the last Near South Planning Board meeting that D2 had decided not to proceed at this time. However, it's still on D2's website:

http://www.d2realty.com/projects.html

but so is 250 South Wacker, which D2 sold in May to AEW.
Mr Downtown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:10 PM   #204
Sir Isaac Newton

So from what it sounds like, D2 hasn't scrapped the Curve - at least not yet....but perhaps may just be waiting a year or two to start construction (or perhaps even longer), until they feel that conditions are more favorable?
Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:53 PM   #205
Mr Downtown
Urbane observer

We have no idea what D2 plans. We're all just reading goat entrails at this point.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:49 PM   #206
Chicagotom

Thanks Mr. DT for the RC pic. The site looks very active. looking forward to progress pics.

I guess I forgot the name of the building that is currently U/C south of Polk on Clark. What is that ones name? Looks like the Curve is going to go between it and Target. I was looking for a pic and some details on the one that is U/C.
Chicagotom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 02:53 AM   #207
InTheLoopSam

The Curve

Folks - The Curve is alive and well, as mentioned in a Crain's article just 4 weeks ago (long after the rumors of its demise were spread). Kleiman of D2 - this part was certainly inferred by the article - probably wants to give Roosevelt Collection a head start so it has time to open before The Curve opens, which will obviously be a plus for initial leasing. Also, I'm sure he wants to to give AMLI 900 some time to stabilize first as well.....the article stated groundbreaking will be later this year....

But since "Mr. Downtown" can't confirm this, I guess it's just a big question mark.....
InTheLoopSam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 03:51 AM   #208
Sir Isaac Newton

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheLoopSam View Post
Folks - The Curve is alive and well, as mentioned in a Crain's article just 4 weeks ago (long after the rumors of its demise were spread). Kleiman of D2 - this part was certainly inferred by the article - probably wants to give Roosevelt Collection a head start so it has time to open before The Curve opens, which will obviously be a plus for initial leasing. Also, I'm sure he wants to to give AMLI 900 some time to stabilize first as well.....the article stated groundbreaking will be later this year....

But since "Mr. Downtown" can't confirm this, I guess it's just a big question mark.....
That definitely seems like a sound decision on D2's part, and it is great to hear that the Curve may still start construction later on this year
Old July 3rd, 2007, 04:27 AM   #209
Mr Downtown
Urbane observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagotom View Post
I guess I forgot the name of the building that is currently U/C south of Polk on Clark. What is that ones name?
Amli900
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=679
Old July 4th, 2007, 03:01 AM   #210
Centrum

I am the project manager for the entire development for Centrum. I also oversee other mixed use projects managed by other developers in our office.

Edit... I tried to respond to an earlier question about what I do.
Centrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2007, 10:31 PM   #211
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

http://www.suntimes.com/business/456...food05.article

A Whole new ballgame
Whole Foods brings rivalry to growing markets

July 5, 2007
BY SANDRA GUY

The Southgate Market shopping center sits amid an explosive retail scene. Home Depot sits a block to the west, while a Roosevelt Collection condo-and-retail center is planned next to the Target store at Roosevelt and Clark. The Roosevelt Collection, just west of the Target store, will house specialty retailers, six or seven restaurants, a high-end coffee shop and, reportedly, retailers such as Victoria's Secret and Banana Republic.
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:24 AM   #212
ardecila
Jack-Of-All-Trades

Likes (Received): 2

Hmm.. I wonder who the high-end coffee shop is? Argo Tea and Intelligentsia come to mind, as high-end shops interested in downtown locations. Starbucks and Caribou wouldn't be referred to as high-end, probably.

Centrum - I don't expect a response to the previous question about the coffee shop, but can you explain why the stairway at the northern end was reduced in scale? Mr. Downtown described the original plans as a "Spanish Steps" sort of thing, but the only renderings I have seen show a rather narrow, unceremonious staircase. Isn't this kind of short-sighted, considering the growth in the LaSalle Park area and in downtown generally?
ardecila no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:06 PM   #213
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

The next Friends of Downtown Brown Bag presentation

Thursday, July 26th at 12.15 pm note change of date
Chicago Cultural Center
Millennium Room, 5th floor east

The Roosevelt Collection

This large mixed-use development in the South Loop combines 400,000 square feet of retail, restaurants, and a 16-screen movie theater with more than 350 loft and 300 highrise residential units. Keith Campbell and Ryan Sommers of RTKL Architects will discuss the design on a challenging site promises to become one of Chicago's most striking retail centers as well as a dynamic residential community.
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2007, 01:24 PM   #214
Centrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Hmm.. I wonder who the high-end coffee shop is? Argo Tea and Intelligentsia come to mind, as high-end shops interested in downtown locations. Starbucks and Caribou wouldn't be referred to as high-end, probably.

Centrum - I don't expect a response to the previous question about the coffee shop, but can you explain why the stairway at the northern end was reduced in scale? Mr. Downtown described the original plans as a "Spanish Steps" sort of thing, but the only renderings I have seen show a rather narrow, unceremonious staircase. Isn't this kind of short-sighted, considering the growth in the LaSalle Park area and in downtown generally?
The width of the stair had to be reduced b/ CDOT is installing an 8' sewer on the western edge of the stair. We cannot build over it. You might have seen an older design. I think our new design is very attractive and more grand.
Centrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 05:28 AM   #215
ardecila
Jack-Of-All-Trades

Likes (Received): 2

Thanks, Centrum.

Could you perhaps post a rendering or drawing that shows the most recent design for the stairs?

www.imageshack.us - takes 10 seconds to upload an image.
ardecila no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2007, 06:24 AM   #216
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

Taken today (with AMLI 900 at right)
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:20 PM   #217
Mr Downtown
Urbane observer

Friends of Downtown program cancelled

Centrum has asked RTKL not to make the long-scheduled presentation on the Roosevelt Collection at Thursday's Friends of Downtown Brown Bag Luncheon.

A substitute program has been arranged. Nathan Mason, of the city's Department of Cultural Affairs, will speak on Public Art Downtown.
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:29 PM   #218
edsg25
BANNED

Likes (Received): 105

does anyone know why this development wasn't designed to make use of the waterfront? seems like tweaking its location a bit could have put a lot of the retail and entertainment activity right smack on the river.
edsg25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 12:05 AM   #219
Mr Downtown
Urbane observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
does anyone know why this development wasn't designed to make use of the waterfront?
You mean other than the fact that they have no water frontage?

The river was moved west of Wells Street in 1929.
Old July 25th, 2007, 01:26 AM   #220
edsg25
BANNED

Likes (Received): 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post
You mean other than the fact that they have no water frontage?

The river was moved west of Wells Street in 1929.
that i didn't realize. i thought their property line went up to the riverfront.
edsg25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote