daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 17th, 2007, 09:20 PM   #121
Chitowner245

Likes (Received): 0

Wow, this could be incredible for the south loop, but the way this thing is designed is a traffic nightmare. However, people will just need to stop driving their cars all the time, so this negative point I just brought up could end up being a good thing. I can't see Bon-ton on the other side of roosevelt, that makes no sense economically- unless another large development goes up there.
Chitowner245 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2007, 03:02 AM   #122
Sir Isaac Newton

For the past few days, there have been a few things of machinery on the RC site, including a backhoe that has started digging up some stuff...not sure if this is related to the construction of Roosevelt Collection at all or if it is related to something else?
Sir Isaac Newton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 03:11 AM   #123
Loopy
Chicago, USA

Last edited by Loopy; May 18th, 2010 at 04:28 AM.
Loopy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 03:13 AM   #124
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

I'm going on old info, but it doesn't seem like they sold many units in their first phase, which seems kind of odd since people will have access to lots of shopping right outside their door.
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 03:44 AM   #125
Sir Isaac Newton

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
I'm going on old info, but it doesn't seem like they sold many units in their first phase, which seems kind of odd since people will have access to lots of shopping right outside their door.
I could be mistaken, but I think that 1-bedrooms are starting in the $300's? If that's the case, that could be part of the reason why their sales haven't been stellar, as their prices are pretty pricey for the South Loop.
Old April 7th, 2007, 09:32 PM   #126
Chitowner245

^ exactly, why would someone pay that for a one bedroom when they could pay that for a one bedroom, parking, and great lake views at other developments (central station, marquee, 1720..etc.) Not to mention the amount of hectic mayhem people living in RC will have to deal with. There are simply more attractive places to live for the same price.
Chitowner245 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #127
PrintersRowBoiler

Likes (Received): 1

The places at RC are top of the line with its standard amenities. Plus, they have the large windows and high ceilings that are hard to come by. I know they sold 65 units within the first week after their grand opening party... although that is probably a drop in the bucket. Based on previous posts (Carsons posts), it sounds like they have all of their retail lined up, which might be enough to secure the loans to break ground. Once this is complete, I have a good feeling that people will catch on. I had heard at one point that they would break ground in MARCH. It is a short work to the CBOT and plenty of other downtown offices and I believe they are trying to lure the yuppies (in fact in their rendering, it is funny cuz the CBOT stands out more than any other building in the background).
PrintersRowBoiler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 10:01 PM   #128
Sir Isaac Newton

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrintersRowBoiler View Post
The places at RC are top of the line with its standard amenities. Plus, they have the large windows and high ceilings that are hard to come by. I know they sold 65 units within the first week after their grand opening party... although that is probably a drop in the bucket. Based on previous posts (Carsons posts), it sounds like they have all of their retail lined up, which might be enough to secure the loans to break ground. Once this is complete, I have a good feeling that people will catch on. I had heard at one point that they would break ground in MARCH. It is a short work to the CBOT and plenty of other downtown offices and I believe they are trying to lure the yuppies (in fact in their rendering, it is funny cuz the CBOT stands out more than any other building in the background).
I agree. I do think that RC has a lot to offer for someone looking for a condo. I guess that given that they do have so much to offer, spyguy was curious why the condos haven't sold at a blistering pace like they have at 1720 South Michigan or some Museum Park buildings....my guess was that the higher prices make the deal a little less sweet.

While their sales won't break any records, it still seems like they are still selling a decent amount of condos...and like you mentioned, with all of the retail that they may have lined up, given that they are a mixed-use development, my guess is that they may not need to sell as many residential units to secure a loan.

Regardless, I am definitely excited about this development...it will bring a lot of amenities to the neighborhood that are greatly needed, not to mention it will be transorming an enormous area of wasteland into an area that should be a vibrant part of the neighborhood!
Old April 7th, 2007, 11:05 PM   #129
Loopy
Chicago, USA

Last edited by Loopy; May 18th, 2010 at 04:28 AM.
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:50 PM   #130
Centrum

We are relocating a 30" gas line and some MCI fiber.
Centrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 05:29 PM   #131
Loopy
Chicago, USA

Last edited by Loopy; May 18th, 2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old April 12th, 2007, 07:41 AM   #132
Chi_Coruscant

Welcome, Centrum. Are you representing the firm with same name?
Chi_Coruscant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 10:05 PM   #133
Centrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi_Coruscant View Post
Welcome, Centrum. Are you representing the firm with same name?
yes
Old April 13th, 2007, 11:55 PM   #134
Centrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
Welcome to the forum Centrum!

This project holds a lot of interest for many of us here. I hope that you will check in frequently and participate. Remember to check the "South Loop Development" thread as well as this one for Roosevelt Collection commentaries and inquiries.

So, when will we see some dirt getting pushed around?
Very soon. We will start with tunnel grouting and then test piles.
Old April 14th, 2007, 01:37 AM   #135
Chicagotom

Centrum - our new inside guy! Well thanks for participating and welcome to the forum.
Chicagotom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2007, 05:59 AM   #136
Loopy
Chicago, USA

Last edited by Loopy; May 18th, 2010 at 04:39 AM.
Old April 15th, 2007, 08:25 PM   #137
Centrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
You've got lots of tunnels under and adjacent to the site. Do you have grout them all?

Please tell us about the procedure too. Do you need to run grout lines throughout the tunnel and pump it in? Or do you just bore a hole and pour it in? Do you need to create bulkheads first?

We have about 1000' to grout, and we are not grouting all of the them - just the ones that are close to the piles, of which we have about 3000. We need to construct bulkheads and we drill several holes to pump grout in. We also need to construct a permanent access shaft.

We are going to start that work around April 30th.

I'll try to stay current on questions, but I have limited time.

Drew
Old April 16th, 2007, 04:35 AM   #138
CHIsentinel
padisha emperor

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centrum View Post
We have about 1000' to grout, and we are not grouting all of the them - just the ones that are close to the piles, of which we have about 3000. We need to construct bulkheads and we drill several holes to pump grout in. We also need to construct a permanent access shaft.

Drew
Centrum, you rock. Thanks for the info; I love the fact that these forums attract other professions, who work, breathe construction in addition to all of the skyscraper fans who just love great buildings. Good luck and keep us posted.
CHIsentinel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 02:27 AM   #139
Sir Isaac Newton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centrum View Post

Drew
Looking out my window a little while ago, it looks like Centrum and his coworkers may have started that work...
Old May 4th, 2007, 04:21 AM   #140
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIsentinel View Post
Centrum, you rock. Thanks for the info; I love the fact that these forums attract other professions, who work, breathe construction in addition to all of the skyscraper fans who just love great buildings. Good luck and keep us posted.
I'll second that. Thanks for giving us your insider's perspective on this project. Drop by any time and let us know what's happening.
i_am_hydrogen no está en línea   Reply With Quote