daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 13th, 2007, 01:30 PM   #161
Centrum

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrintersRowBoiler View Post
Wow! Centrum, at this point can you share any of the retailers slated to set up shop at the Roosevelt Collection?
Kerasotes Theater is signed - 90,000sf.
We have several other leases in the works - I can't disclose the names until the leases are signed.

We've sold about 137 residential units out of 342.
Centrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2007, 07:11 PM   #162
PrintersRowBoiler

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centrum View Post
We have several other leases in the works - I can't disclose the names until the leases are signed.

Thanks! If youd don't mind me asking, how does the financing part of the project work since it is such a unique configuration of a living center? Typically, you see lenders wanting to see 50% sales before they extend a loan. In this case, how do you secure a loan with less than 40% sold and with only one lease? Do you have letters of intent from the potential tenants to help underwrite the project?
PrintersRowBoiler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:10 AM   #163
Loopy
Chicago, USA

Last edited by Loopy; May 18th, 2010 at 07:25 PM.
Loopy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 08:13 AM   #164
southloopscotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centrum View Post

That will be a welcome amenity in this nieghborhood!
Please tell us a Trader Joe's is going in there! (When you can)
southloopscotty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:16 PM   #165
RavenWolf55

I've had my eye of this one since the begining. I think the development is good for the city and should be welcomed but my question to you Centrum, will your company change to exterior look of this project? From an aesthetic point of view this project is far from the potential it can have. As I mention before I like the project, not happy with the look. If the exterior can be changed, the potential for this project to be a tourist destination is finaminal. I think a MORE modern or glassier look would help. Bilbao and Millinium Park has shown that a bold vision can spark world-wide attention. And world-wide attention mean easy marketing and easy sells. I'm not saying redo the whole thing, I am saying is a diffent look would really help this project transform from a city project to a world renown location.
RavenWolf55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:36 PM   #166
Chicagotom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenWolf55 View Post
I've had my eye of this one since the begining. I think the development is good for the city and should be welcomed but my question to you Centrum, will your company change to exterior look of this project? From an aesthetic point of view this project is far from the potential it can have. As I mention before I like the project, not happy with the look. If the exterior can be changed, the potential for this project to be a tourist destination is finaminal. I think a MORE modern or glassier look would help. Bilbao and Millinium Park has shown that a bold vision can spark world-wide attention. And world-wide attention mean easy marketing and easy sells. I'm not saying redo the whole thing, I am saying is a diffent look would really help this project transform from a city project to a world renown location.
Centum- I have to agree with RW55. Much of the early discussion on RC was how suburban the design was. I can't imaging that your changing it give that fact that your well along the way. But from a design perspective I think that the tread would liked something more. I would like to hear what the design teams thoughts were.
Chicagotom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2007, 01:41 AM   #167
BorisMolotov

Likes (Received): 9

Is that tower in the back still a part of the plan?
BorisMolotov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2007, 01:45 AM   #168
RavenWolf55

True that any major change maybe quite late but I still think a cosmetic change is still likely. Using Glass and steel as oppose to brik my improve the aesthetics of it all.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 08:17 AM   #169
Chitowner245

I also wish there was no crime, no pollution, and that the world was perfect. I'm happy just to have something like this in the south loop, and I think we shouldn't be so picky all the time about something like this that will influence the development of many great highrises in the future. This thing isn't meant to be an architectural wonder- it's meant to create more activity in the local economy and act as a catalyst for more future development. The housing market is cooling even here, but when this thing really gets going, I guarantee we'll see a lot more development than even most of us optimistic high rise nerds expect. This thing will have a greater impact than I think any of us could possibly anticipate. I'm excited not only for this to be completed, but to see what other projects will emerge because of the addition of all this retail and other services.
Chitowner245 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2007, 01:15 AM   #170
RavenWolf55

As I've metioned before, I welcome economic activity to the South Loop but that does not mean we should settle for mediocre architecture. After all this is Chicago, a city well known as the mecca of modern architecture. When Trump revealed this first tower design, the city spoke against it for being bulking and bland. We all can agree that the current design is much better. The Chicago Spire has changed repeatable base of public opinion. If RC only was in a small parcel of land, I'd honestly would not care so much, but the fact is RC take a very parcel of space and it's presence will be felt. There is nothing wrong with voicing ones opinion on the aesthetics of a project, since it has been done so often here and in SP site. While I favor development in the South Loop we should not bite our tongue for asking for better aesthetics. We can all agree that the South Loop need MORE development and development that will compliment the city and the rest of the Loop and not be an island it itself.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 03:06 AM   #171
Centrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrintersRowBoiler View Post
Thanks! If youd don't mind me asking, how does the financing part of the project work since it is such a unique configuration of a living center? Typically, you see lenders wanting to see 50% sales before they extend a loan. In this case, how do you secure a loan with less than 40% sold and with only one lease? Do you have letters of intent from the potential tenants to help underwrite the project?
Basically, there is debt and equity and different pieces come in at different times based on certain requirements. I unfortunately cannot get into the details. The normal requirements to open a pure condo project are different on a mixed use project.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 03:07 AM   #172
Centrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisMolotov View Post
Is that tower in the back still a part of the plan?
Yes - but it will be phased.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 03:14 AM   #173
Centrum

Quote:
I am happy to repond to questions surrounding the facts of the project. I appreciate your opinions, however, I want to avoid debating them on this forum.

Thx,
Old May 23rd, 2007, 03:52 AM   #174
RavenWolf55

Centrum-
My point was to never debate.
We all want your project to succeed, my point was the cosmetic aspect of it. Which can be change without adding cost to the construction (metal Vs. brick---------unless you already ordered those bricks)
Example: a modern look with glass and steel would be easier and more quicker to place , clean and mantain then brick. Look at the Federal plaza or the Inland Steel builing, it is it's simplicity that makes it more. There are also engineering ways that require less foundation thus lowering the cost. There were ways to lower the cost of this project and give you an optimal profit line. Centrum, I'm not trying to debate you or put your company down, it has made many fine projects. I'm just trying to be your Muse here and giving you a little friendly neighborhood advise.
Old May 24th, 2007, 03:41 AM   #175
Centrum

Quote:
Centrum-
My point was to never debate.
We all want your project to succeed, my point was the cosmetic aspect of it. Which can be change without adding cost to the construction (metal Vs. brick---------unless you already ordered those bricks)
Example: a modern look with glass and steel would be easier and more quicker to place , clean and mantain then brick. Look at the Federal plaza or the Inland Steel builing, it is it's simplicity that makes it more. There are also engineering ways that require less foundation thus lowering the cost. There were ways to lower the cost of this project and give you an optimal profit line. Centrum, I'm not trying to debate you or put your company down, it has made many fine projects. I'm just trying to be your Muse here and giving you a little friendly neighborhood advise.
Changing building materials, on any project, after it has been designed and permitted is not easy and usually does not save money. Additional design fees, schedule delays, and permit revisions usually soak up any cost savings.
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:03 PM   #176
RavenWolf55

thank you for your answer Centrum.
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:46 PM   #177
CHIsentinel
padisha emperor

Likes (Received): 319

Centrum, I was hoping you might be able to answer the question as to why there is always the one tower shown on the renderings, when I thought that originally there were two high-rise towers planned for this site? Or am I just imagining things - also, where is the second tower relative to the large one which is always shown on the renderings?

Thanks!
CHIsentinel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 12:05 AM   #178
Loopy
Chicago, USA

Last edited by Loopy; May 18th, 2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old May 25th, 2007, 09:16 PM   #179
CHIsentinel
padisha emperor

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
I know you weren't asking me, but allow me to try to answer this.

I believe the second tower idea came from another Centrum/Walsh project that was being studied at Financial and 9th. I've looked back at the older posts, and I can't figure out where we got this idea of a two-tower Roosevelt Collection, except from this mistake. I was curious about this too, and that was the best answer I could arrive at.
Thanks Loopy, but I do remember seeing two separate renderings for the highrise towers, and they were distinct from one another; one was also taller than the other. That is why I had asked Centrum awhile ago if he/she had any of those renderings again. Am I imagining things?? Does anyone else remember the renderings that were posted perhaps even on SSP??
CHIsentinel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 06:29 AM   #180
Loopy
Chicago, USA

Last edited by Loopy; May 18th, 2010 at 07:32 PM.