daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Completed Projects and Thread Archive > Completed Projects

Old June 26th, 2012, 03:40 PM   #4081
FWIW

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
5 penthouses have not paid!

I think this is a good idea but better ways are possible. For example an online portal that owners can access which shows the real time status of the payments. That would let owners confirm that the payment has been received.

Easy enough to typex your name off that notice.(looks like someone did it already )
Taziz do have an online portal to do exactly as you said!
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid! Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh, and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.
FWIW no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 26th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #4082
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
5 penthouses have not paid!

I think this is a good idea but better ways are possible. For example an online portal that owners can access which shows the real time status of the payments. That would let owners confirm that the payment has been received.

Easy enough to typex your name off that notice.(looks like someone did it already )
Those units not penthouses, Upper Podium only.. Anyway maybe next time it will be easier to put those apt numbers who already paid the service charge
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #4083
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 254

Are these towers actually cladded or just painted?

I ♥ NYC
germantower está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #4084
McFluss

Likes (Received): 0

50% of those apartments belong to Dubai properties :-)
McFluss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #4085
McFluss

Just found this in JBR Community forum:
http://www.jbrcommunity.com/viewtopi...p=36273#p36273
These guys mean business

Hi Anthony,
I got this document from the lobby in my building. What you think, is this the route to follow by owners to get something done in JBR?

I think all owners who are in agreement with this should e-mail their tower boards with the document signed.

To Real Estate Regulatory Agency

REQUEST FOR INTERVENTION FROM OWNERS in disarray
PROPERTY: JUMEIRAH BEACH RESIDENCES, DUBAI MARINA

We, the Owners , confirm that we want to engage the services of a neutral Facility Manager to assist us with motivating the Developer to comply with the Jointly Owned Property laws.
We advise the following:
1. Till now, the Developer and/or Taziz have not convened an Annual General Meeting for 2012, despite numerous requests from each Board;
2. The Developer and/or Taziz have failed to provide information relating to the proposed structure of the Master Community known as Jumeirah Beach Residences despite numerous requests from each Board;
3. The Developer and/or Taziz have failed to provide the IOAB any copy of the proposed Common Area Site Plan for any Association and include the Master Community Common Area Site Plan;
4. No draft of any Jointly Owned Property Declaration has been shared with any IOAB despite requests over the past years;
5. The Manager, Taziz has failed in its duty to properly manage the Owners Association in the following major respects:
(a) Failure to disclose information to owners relating to the property, including service contracts, insurance, owners details etc;
(b) Failure to meet the conditions attaching to the approval of the Service Charge Budget for 2009 & 2011 which was approved by RERA on the basis that conditions were satisfied;
(c) Failure to comply with requests and directions of Owners;
(d) Failure to properly manage service providers and monitor their performance under any form of contract, the details of which have not been shared.
(e) Failure to declare conflict of interest (Taziz belongs to IDAMA) IDAMA is the maintenance company retained by developer

In the circumstances, we respectfully request RERA to exercise its discretionary powers by directing the Developer and/or Taziz to attend to the following within the below time frame:

By 14 July 2012 Provide the following information to the IOAB:
• Name and email address of all owners within the respective Owners Associations;
• Copy Service Charge Budget for 2012 with all current signed contracts with service providers;
• Details of the proposed structure of the Master Community.

By 31 July 2012
Issue Notices to all Owners convening a Sector General Assemblies for the purpose of electing the Secotr Owners Association Boards and passing the relevant motion appointing the newly elected Boards the authority to approve the 2012 Service Charge and any other business related to the JOPD including the appointment of any service providers (including Association Managers), electing a Representative on the Master Community Association or any Management Board;
By 31 August 2012
Convene all relevant General Assemblies referred to above.
By 30 September 2012
Share details of the draft JOPD and Common Area Site Plan with the IOAB.
By 31 October 2012
Finalise form of JOPD and Common Area Site Plan with the IOAB and submit to RERA together with confirmations from each IOAB.
Immediately
Stop the treats letters to owners who pay at S&P rates until the audit is ready.

DATED this _____________ day of _______________________________ 20______ .

…………………………………………. ………………………………………………
Signature of Owner Bldg and Unit #
Old July 1st, 2012, 03:27 AM   #4086
dubaimarina2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
The should mention the owners names also!
It's illegal.
dubaimarina2008 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 02:29 PM   #4087
Josau
It's show time, folks!

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaimarina2008 View Post
It's illegal.
It' illegal not to pay your contribution to the service charges. If you think you can get away with it, fine, but all those who pay, pay for you, who does not pay. Illegal or not, I'd call it immoral.
Josau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:16 PM   #4088
True Blue
Born Again

Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaimarina2008 View Post
It's illegal.
What law would be broken?

The only problem I have is that maybe there could be mistakes. I regularly get calls and emails telling me my maintenance payments are overdue when they have all been paid and up to date. I then have to confirm which date the transaction was made so they can identify the payments.

There are none so blind as those who won't see.
True Blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:54 PM   #4089
McFluss

What is illegal is not to comply with the laws. Most developers don't comply. taking them to court is expensive and takes time, 2 things most investors can't afford. What is left to them is to protest until audited books are made available and HOA has voted the budget. Or is it legal to overcharge and under deliver?. See the new great PR disaster by Nakheel.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/jail-...F?tab=Comments

and

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/tenan...F?tab=Comments

or this one that made me laugh:

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/dubai...F?tab=Comments
Old July 15th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #4090
madhurag

Likes (Received): 1

Dubai’s JBR pet lovers still in dog house: no-pet policy to stay
DPG puts end to rumours that policy on pets in the master community would be eased

By Parag Deulgaonkar
Published Sunday, July 15, 2012

The “no-pet” policy in Dubai’s upscale Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) master community is strictly in effect and unlikely to be eased.

Dubai Properties Group, master developer of the 36 residential towers, confirmed to Emirates 24/|7 that the no-pet policy was in force, as it called on residents, who have sneaked pets to remove them from their apartments.

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...07-15-1.467193
madhurag no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2012, 04:14 AM   #4091
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Cτte d'Azur

Likes (Received): 2742

'Chronic' service charge defaulters could face lockout in JBR

Quote:
By Parag Deulgaonkar | Published Thursday, July 19, 2012

JBR: Imad Allaedin

Service charge dodgers in Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) master community may not be able to access their car park, the pool or even their apartment. But that is not the case yet.

The “chronic” defaulters have been informed by Taziz Property Management Solutions that the services to them have been “limited” with immediate effective, Emirates 24|7 has learnt.
http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...07-19-1.467929
Old July 21st, 2012, 10:14 AM   #4092
McFluss

Thanks for the article link. I read it and was surprised to see the way Taziz refer to themselves. quote " Taziz is the appointed Association Manager". If I remember, Taziz is an interim Manager appointed by the developer. They mention they will charge 1% interest for payment delays. The law does not allow them to do this without the HOA vote. In order for them to be able to do anything, they should first provide audited books (missing since many years for JBR and ET). They should register the HOA, hold an AGM and then the HOA can decide if they want to keep Taziz or remove them and what actions they will take against defaulters. As an owner I am not impressed with their performance. I am impressed with the way they obey to DPG to take away common areas from the projects and justify not delivering the gyms, parking's and the poor job done by all other DPG companies (security, cleaning, maintenance, etc..) Taziz conflict of interest is the issue. Taziz also forget that DPG owes a lot of money to owners and that SC's belong to HOA anot to the developer. In fact all actions taken by Taziz are illegal and should be reviewed with a legal adviser as they hurt the properties value and owners interest. I don't understand why JBR owners don't react to the article. They should not allow Taziz and DPG misleading PR to be the printed in the media without corrections from their side. Unless 24/7 is not showing the comments......maybe because they got some advertising from DPG?. Everything is possible nowadays.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 07:40 AM   #4093
Spurs

Likes (Received): 26

New mosque in Amwaj is causing lots of issues for residences. Amwaj 1,2,3,5 all look onto the mosque and the call to pray and reply of the service is loud and can last for nearly 3 hours. Last night from 8:40 to nearly 10pm!
Spurs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #4094
McFluss

RERA lost the plot again. They create problems, they don't deal with them and continue to create more problems. These guys at RERA should start putting their acts together.
What a mess.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/rera-...ds-467331.html
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #4095
Spurs

Empowers fixed charges

In December 2011 I purchased a 3 bedroom property in Amwaj 4, JBR. Working within the Real Estate Market I did my due diligence on the property and the sale went through smoothly.

A friend of mine already owned a 3 bed and explained to me that the service provider for the air-conditioning was Empower and as well as usage he paid a fixed cost per quarter of AED 850 (AED 3,400 per year). As our apartments were almost identical I felt this was manageable and didn’t think anymore of it. Also my friend told me the fixed costs were based on the level of the apartment and if you face the sun or not (I later found out this is rubbish). My property was lower than his and less sun so I hoped it would be even less than his.

The reality was when I received my first monthly bill the fixed cost per quarter was AED 2,381 (AED 9,525 per year). I thought there must be a mistake and sought to speak to Empower.

Over the next 6 months I was passed from 4 different companies Empower, Dubai Properties, Idama, and Taziz all of which said this issue had nothing to do with them and passed me on to someone else.

Idama did carry out a report on my A/C and said that the fixed cost for my apartment should be AED 1,181 per quarter (AED 4,725 per year) but this report was never released as Dubai Properties said Idama should not have done the report. I then went and spoke to an independent air-conditioning company who gave me the same results in writing.

Eventually after none stop pressure from my side I have ended up with Dalip Tripathi a Senior Manager at Dubai Properties debating with Samer Khoudeir (Chief Sales & Marketing Officer) over my issue. From what I understand when Empower took the project on Dubai Properties promised Empower a fixed return which came from each individual apartment. On these grounds Empower took the job. Now if a mistake was made on an individual apartment Empower are short of what was promised and so are unwilling to adjust.

Where does that leave me??
Old July 31st, 2012, 01:51 PM   #4096
Pleth

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
In December 2011 I purchased a 3 bedroom property in Amwaj 4, JBR. Working within the Real Estate Market I did my due diligence on the property and the sale went through smoothly.

A friend of mine already owned a 3 bed and explained to me that the service provider for the air-conditioning was Empower and as well as usage he paid a fixed cost per quarter of AED 850 (AED 3,400 per year). As our apartments were almost identical I felt this was manageable and didn’t think anymore of it. Also my friend told me the fixed costs were based on the level of the apartment and if you face the sun or not (I later found out this is rubbish). My property was lower than his and less sun so I hoped it would be even less than his.

The reality was when I received my first monthly bill the fixed cost per quarter was AED 2,381 (AED 9,525 per year). I thought there must be a mistake and sought to speak to Empower.

Over the next 6 months I was passed from 4 different companies Empower, Dubai Properties, Idama, and Taziz all of which said this issue had nothing to do with them and passed me on to someone else.

Idama did carry out a report on my A/C and said that the fixed cost for my apartment should be AED 1,181 per quarter (AED 4,725 per year) but this report was never released as Dubai Properties said Idama should not have done the report. I then went and spoke to an independent air-conditioning company who gave me the same results in writing.

Eventually after none stop pressure from my side I have ended up with Dalip Tripathi a Senior Manager at Dubai Properties debating with Samer Khoudeir (Chief Sales & Marketing Officer) over my issue. From what I understand when Empower took the project on Dubai Properties promised Empower a fixed return which came from each individual apartment. On these grounds Empower took the job. Now if a mistake was made on an individual apartment Empower are short of what was promised and so are unwilling to adjust.

Where does that leave me??
The fixed cost for a two bedr. apt. is 1,081.03 Dirhams per quater (+ usage). So I thought yours would be a lot more expensive for a 3 bedr.??

Empower is probably the most expensive way to cool your home in the whole of United Arab Emirates! Next time I move I will not move into a home that is connected to Empower, and I would warn everybody to check things like this out before they decide where to live.
Old August 16th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #4097
Spurs

Email from Taziz:

Dear Owner / Tenant

We would like to take this opportunity to update you on some major enhancements currently happening at Jumeirah Beach Residence. DPG has entered into a contract with Meraas Holding to upgrade and develop the beachside area, in front of Rimal and Amwaj sectors.

The project involves the creation of an integrated retail and leisure area with underground parking facilities. The new development will strengthen JBR’s image as a leading destination and will contribute to positioning of JBR as one of the most desirable residential, retail and leisure communities in the region.

Development activity has already started, and will be complete by end of 2013. For the construction phase, Meraas - the developer of the project - has put plans in place to minimize inconvenience to the community and include additional temporary parking as well as traffic management.

During construction, residents and visitors will continue to have access to the beach through pedestrian crossings adjacent to the car park. We are also looking at strengthening the police presence at The Walk to assist pedestrians and to better manage the traffic.

The new development has been planned so as to ensure that sea views will not be blocked for any residents within the community.

We will be able to share more information on the development plans with you in the near future, and appreciate your understanding and support during this period of enhancements.

Best Regards

Taziz Management

T +9714 4345900
F +9714 4357272

P.O. Box 500388
Rimal 5, Plaza Level
Jumeirah Beach Residence
Dubai United Arab Emirates
Old August 19th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #4098
Pleth

Likes (Received): 14

So they put a huge fence up and covered the beach.
Why do they call it Jumeirah Beach Walk when you cannot see the beach? Shame.
Old August 20th, 2012, 01:21 AM   #4099
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleth View Post
So they put a huge fence up and covered the beach.
Why do they call it Jumeirah Beach Walk when you cannot see the beach? Shame.
Official name is "The Walk" its nothing about the beach
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #4100
building1

Likes (Received): 11

Is the beach club open yet ? What are the fees ?
building1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
dubai