daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers > Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 8th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #301
PortoNuts

Likes (Received): 7139

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
This isn't under construction. They're just building to ground level. This should be moved to proposed.

http://skyscrapernews.com/news.php?ref=2843
It's under construction while construction is going on, not matter to what level.

Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2011, 01:26 AM   #302
tovan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

true. but there isn't going to be any construction for atleast another 6 months, if at all...and even if they built the basement, it is not clear, if these towers ever get built.

I don't think a couple of basement levels justify a skyscraper thread (neither in the proposal nor in the construction section).
tovan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #303
Langur
Londinium langur

Likes (Received): 1640

^ How on earth does it not warrant a place even in the proposal section given that it's already partly built, and soon to move to its second construction phase? This is already a lot further along than a mere proposal.
"Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end." Edward Whymper
Langur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2011, 11:34 PM   #304
PortoNuts

Quote:
JP Morgan begins hunt for London HQ tenants

JP Morgan has begun looking for new tenants to occupy its existing City of London headquarters as it prepares its relocation to the former Lehman Brothers building in Canary Wharf.

The U.S. investment bank has instructed two property consultants DTZ and Cushman & Wakefield to sublet over 700,000 sq ft of office space at its City of London offices in Alban Gate and Aldermanbury Square.

The bank is scheduled to relocate from the two locations to 25 Bank St. in Canary Wharf by next year, after agreeing to pay the Canary Wharf Group GBP495 million for the 1 million sq ft former Lehman building, and plans to use it as its European investment bank headquarters from 2012. The move will occur at some point in first quarter of that year, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

The decision to move to Bank Street came after JP Morgan had signed a previous deal with CWG, paying GBP237.9 million in November 2008 for land at Riverside South, a new site in the Docklands estate, where it had envisaged building a GBP1.5 billion project to build 1.9 million sq ft of office space across two towers.

JP Morgan still owns the Riverside South land--and has instructed CWG to continue building to street level--but has extended the development contract from 2013 to 2016.

DTZ, which advised JP Morgan on its relocation to Canary Wharf, declined to comment on the appointment. JP Morgan confirmed the appointments, but declined to comment further.

The space will test the appetite of financial occupiers--the most likely type of tenant for the space due to its large scale. According to research released today by Cushman & Wakefield, financial institutions' appetite for European office space across is recovering strongly from its post-crisis nadir.

Take up of office space by banks across Europe between April 2010 and March 2011 was 20% above the five year average, according to the firm, with 1 million sq m (10.7 million sq ft) let--more than double the figure for 2009 and 2010. Of these, London was the most active market in Europe--with nearly 300,000 sq m of take-up, amounting to 27% of the total.

The last quarter of 2010 was particularly strong for London, with major deals sealed for French bank BNP Paribas' (BNP.FR) new headquarters at King's Cross and JP Morgan's confirmation of its own Canary Wharf move.

One potential tenant for the Alban Gate space is Schroders, according to commercial property trade publication, Estates Gazette, which said the U.K. asset management firm had been expressing an interest in relocating from its current Gresham Street home to Alban Gate.

It reported that Schroders is looking for more than 170,000 sq ft for a new headquarters - having previously eyed a potential move to a new skyscraper on Bishopsgate called The Pinnacle, which is also known as The Helter Skelter.

A spokeswoman at Schroders said that it "has no active requirement at present." However, she confirmed that it had appointed agent Knight Frank "to undertake a preliminary assessment of the City market as part of our longer-term planning process and identification of potential future options."

Sources at Knight Frank said that the firm was not considering the JP Morgan buildings on behalf of Schroders.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/jp-...nts-2011-06-10
Old July 29th, 2011, 02:02 AM   #305
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

image hosted on flickr

Downtown London? by TIA International Photography, on Flickr
Old July 29th, 2011, 11:45 AM   #306
LondonFox
BANNED

Likes (Received): 922

So, nothing is happening with this now then... ? JP are just holding land with no intention..
LondonFox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #307
Freethinker84

Likes (Received): 39

By the sound of it they're getting the basement levels complete on a drawn out basis then seeing how the office market pans out. Demand for office space in CW is not exactly overwhelming at present, especially as the City will be getting flooded with rival high spec space. Probably end up with a smaller scheme just as the next recession hits.
Old July 29th, 2011, 03:54 PM   #308
djm160190

Likes (Received): 763

personally I think a smaller scheme would look better - i don't really like the current design of this.
djm160190 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #309
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonFox View Post
So, nothing is happening with this now then... ? JP are just holding land with no intention..
They're "studying" their options. Word was they would build the site to street level and hold the site and the 999 year lease for future investment, but obviously no work to take that foundation out of the weather has begun.
Old July 29th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #310
LondonFox
BANNED

Likes (Received): 922

They should just tell JP to go sling it if they aren't going to build ..
LondonFox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #311
PortoNuts

If they have no interest in that plot of land why don't they just sell it to a developer? CW Group for a start?
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:50 PM   #312
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Quote:
Isn't it the other way round ? Isn't JP telling London to 'sling it' because the pitchfork-wielding mob wants to punish the banks ?
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #313
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm160190 View Post
personally I think a smaller scheme would look better - i don't really like the current design of this.
+1

I don't like these sort of fat, chunky, think and short towers.
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #314
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Quote:
When the land was leased there should have been a clause requiring development to begin within 5 years after which, the leasehold expires. JPM really screwed everyone over.
Old July 29th, 2011, 11:43 PM   #315
PortoNuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO143 View Post
+1

I don't like these sort of fat, chunky, think and short towers.
That's the style that works best for CW though.
Old July 29th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #316
daniel_hermès
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

I dont really know why in london there are " skyscrapers" everywhere ... I think it could be much better that they were bulid in canary wharf... Every city has a business center or quartier des affaires.. so.. dont really understand why they are destroying the skyline of London with these monsters... In my opinion all the midrise bulidings who are at the moment under construction should be located in CW and let london with the classicism, and do like in paris... where the financial center is La Defense and every construction which is gonna be built has a top height.

My heart beats for Paris

Last edited by daniel_hermès; July 31st, 2011 at 03:41 AM.
daniel_hermès no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2011, 10:07 PM   #317
chjbolton
chjbolton

Likes (Received): 75

I used to think the same way but London and its mess just grows on you. Take my words for it
Old July 31st, 2011, 05:30 AM   #318
delores

Likes (Received): 467

thankfully it isn't zoned it makes London incredibly diverse and messy in parts but that's it's ultimate driving force and raison d'etre.
delores no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 04:16 AM   #319
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

Canary Wharf development continues with new tower

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...er-development
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #320
aarhusforever
EU citizen

Likes (Received): 9117

...well, i guess it's better that nothing..but DAMMIT...I really loved this project

Aarhus - the second largest city in Denmark

Aarhus...my Aarhus
aarhusforever no está en línea   Reply With Quote