daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers > Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 14th, 2007, 06:41 PM   #61
Lance
Most ignored user!

Likes (Received): 3

Wonder if that will start to cause any arguements about a building being taller and OCS no longer being the pinnacle..... that would be an interesting arguement for a taller building some time in the future.
Lance no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2007, 06:44 PM   #62
Lance
Most ignored user!

Oh..... and just to clarify.... should we soon being saying the U.K's tallest building will soon be under construction? I assume the timetable will mean this will top out before any of the other projects that are in various stages of progress...?
Old April 14th, 2007, 06:45 PM   #63
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

For now, they can say that 1CS is talled AOD to appease TH/EH whatever, but in the future, say 10 years (maybe when City airport ease restrictions slightly) if they wanted to build a 240m-245m, they can use the fact that RS 1 is actually a taller building to help their case for the new tower
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2007, 06:50 PM   #64
Newcastle Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Oh..... and just to clarify.... should we soon being saying the U.K's tallest building will soon be under construction? I assume the timetable will mean this will top out before any of the other projects that are in various stages of progress...?
Yes, we should

The only taller buildings will be Bishopsgate and the Shard, and Heron is we count it's spire. Bishopsgate Construction will probably start at the same time as Riverside south. I don't know which will finish first though.

But anyway, none of the others are currently a the stage Riverside South is (actual digging on site for the tower basement) though we will have to leave it until JPMorgan announce their intentions and the new scheme is approved (late summer?) to start a proper construction thread.

By then it should be a REAL building site
Old April 14th, 2007, 07:55 PM   #65
Lance
Most ignored user!

Were they looking at letting out the entire complex or just one of the towers? Seems a bit big for any company to have the whole thing...? Still.... nice little catch if they do decide to go with it.
Old April 15th, 2007, 08:14 AM   #66
DarJoLe

Likes (Received): 6360

JP Morgan will take the podium and right hand (southern) tower. The left hand tower is a separate building.
DarJoLe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 01:34 PM   #67
Lance
Most ignored user!

I thought that would probably be the case. The other tower will give them plenty of space to let out. With that an the CP buildings, would imagine we wont see anything else too big going up for a while. Any news of any other big companies looking for some space that may spur on something else begin built?
Old April 15th, 2007, 02:17 PM   #68
Newcastle Guy

I think the Churchill buildings are all filled now? So the only thing Canary Wharf will have left for any company wanting to take a good chunk of space is RS tower 2.

If Crossrail isn't done by the time Canary Wharf is full again, will they push on with Heron Quays West before North Quay instead?

Edit: Regarding big companies looking for space, I believe News International are in talks with Canary Wharf to move their HQ there. Can anyone clarify?
Old April 15th, 2007, 04:28 PM   #69
jef

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcastle Guy View Post
I think the Churchill buildings are all filled now? So the only thing Canary Wharf will have left for any company wanting to take a good chunk of space is RS tower 2.
30 The North Colonnade (300,000 sqft) is u/c speculatively but KPMG has an option to take 100,000 sqft. There are another 100,000 sq ft available in the Bearn Stearns headquarters now u/c and 25 Churchill is also available available as a prelet opportunity (400,000 sqft). The remainings buildings have been presold or prelet. As you said only RS can accomodate large requirements.

Quote:
If Crossrail isn't done by the time Canary Wharf is full again, will they push on with Heron Quays West before North Quay instead?
That's also my understanding. North Quay could be delayed until 2015 as it cannot start construction before the new isle of dogs station for Crossrail is completed/

[
Quote:
Edit: Regarding big companies looking for space, I believe News International are in talks with Canary Wharf to move their HQ there. Can anyone clarify?
Yes. News International has been mulling a move to CW for years. But it was recently reported they had talks with CW to take 25 Churchill Place or 1CS as their new head office. BarCap is also understood to take the last available 300,000 sq ft at 40 Bank Street. Reuters is also looking for additional space in the estate and Bank of America is in talks with CW to relocate their current head office to a much bigger new purpose built office building in 2012, possibly at Heron Quay West.
jef no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 04:39 PM   #70
Newcastle Guy

Thanks Jef
Old April 15th, 2007, 05:05 PM   #71
Madman

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jef View Post

That's also my understanding. North Quay could be delayed until 2015 as it cannot start construction before the new isle of dogs station for Crossrail is completed/
Is it also possible that certain elements of Wood Wharf can begin construction by the time the rest of the estate has been let? That surely would provide more flexibility in office accomodation available to clients than solely the large towers of HQW?
Madman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 06:52 PM   #72
Lance
Most ignored user!

I'm suprised they havent looked in to something alternative to crossrail. The amount of thimes this gets put back and back and back, the group could be losing out on business in the long run.

Is there no possibility of a DLR extension and upgrade. Its a pretty average system at the mo that cant take a large amount of people like the tube. Someone should think of upgrading or replacing that maybe.... a lot of m,oney i'd expect
Old April 15th, 2007, 07:10 PM   #73
Cocolicchio
Excessively Rational

Likes (Received): 13

Well I happen to rather like the design
Old April 16th, 2007, 03:30 PM   #74
Danger! 50,000 volts
Iechyd da!

Likes (Received): 1

The towers design is a much improved version - though I'm not too sure about the podium - tho the bladerunner esque industrial feel sure is a bit of a turn from the current architecture there. Hope North quay designs are radically improved when they get the go-ahead also. HQW towers are good as they are, I guess they could come before North quay - if this railway station continues its usual setbacks?
Danger! 50,000 volts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 10:50 PM   #75
wjfox
Futurist

Likes (Received): 13282

Great panorama of the site, posted by Bruno -

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...8#post12690978
wjfox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 11:36 PM   #76
Newcastle Guy

Thanks to Bruno for possibly the best update so far
Old April 29th, 2007, 07:45 PM   #77
eddie88

Likes (Received): 55

eddie88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 03:48 PM   #78
Ralphkke
Carpe Diem

Likes (Received): 2

I like this design very much.
Ralphkke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 05:31 PM   #79
wjfox
Futurist

Likes (Received): 13282

Update: The redesign with a height increase has been approved. Thread title needs renaming (236m).
Old June 28th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #80
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

These are two nicely designed towers that fit in so well with the Canary Wharf skyline.