daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 31st, 2015, 06:51 AM   #441
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Very nice.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2015, 11:28 AM   #442
singoone
€ Scraping the sky €

Likes (Received): 666

Wow, the orange elements truly make a difference, very nice tower.
singoone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2015, 07:15 PM   #443
adevahi

Likes (Received): 1050

This tower will be surely finished in less than 2/3 months.

The 4th march the major of Sevilla said that "he's ready to give the opening permissions in 15 days, if neccesary". Finally, it haven't been opened the 19th march and any date has been said but I'm sure that in april we will know the day of the opening.

Works are not completely finished in the zone around the building, but since january the rate is high
adevahi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2015, 03:16 PM   #444
adevahi

This skyscraper is finally finished, but still not open. Now some companies are installing their offices inside, and in July there will be activities inside.

However, this is only for the floors between the underground and the 25th. From 26th until the top (38th), there still no license to open. A spanish company want to stablish in there a hotel, but they need before more permissions that are difficult,

This video has surely been made somewhen between april and today, it shows the torre Cajasol and also the 15th century built Monasterio de la Cartuja (long time residence of Columbus and right next to this skyscraper):

Marco Bruno, KlausDiggy, krumai, Kika, Zaz965 liked this post
Old June 6th, 2015, 03:30 PM   #445
jack_shooter

Likes (Received): 1092

Crappy tower like a thorn in the flesh of a beautiful city. They could have built it in the outskirts. The Spanish have no taste for esthetics and urban harmony.
jack_shooter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2015, 04:15 PM   #446
Kika
Better United

Likes (Received): 42

They naturally have a much better taste in your country...

Towersla, el.moo liked this post
Kika no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2015, 07:54 PM   #447
adevahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_shooter View Post
Crappy tower like a thorn in the flesh of a beautiful city. They could have built it in the outskirts. The Spanish have no taste for esthetics and urban harmony.
There's 500 meters between the end of the city and the skyscraper, only one building between it and this limit. I would consider this as "outskirts". If you said that because "Monasterio de la Cartuja" is close, that's because in the 15th century it was built in the middle of the countryside.
Old June 6th, 2015, 09:26 PM   #448
jack_shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika View Post
They naturally have a much better taste in your country...

Yeah, as if you didn't have slums in Spain--->

Which is fortunately nothing compared to the 60-70s (before your country joined the EU) --->

PS: Don't bother responding, you're in my ignore list.

Last edited by jack_shooter; June 6th, 2015 at 09:58 PM.
Old June 6th, 2015, 09:44 PM   #449
jack_shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevahi View Post
There's 500 meters between the end of the city and the skyscraper, only one building between it and this limit. I would consider this as "outskirts". If you said that because "Monasterio de la Cartuja" is close, that's because in the 15th century it was built in the middle of the countryside.
I remember the Giralda was the tallest building in the city which could be seen from afar,...in France or Italy such a landmark would be protected from being overshadowed by another (modern) building. They could have built it several miles from the old town. 500m is too close. Just my own personal opinion.
Old June 6th, 2015, 10:21 PM   #450
adevahi

Quote:
I remember the Giralda was the tallest building in the city which could be seen from afar,...in France or Italy such a landmark would be protected from being overshadowed by another (modern) building. They could have built it several miles from the old town. 500m is too close. Just my own personal opinion.
No, sorry, maybe I explained myself badly. 500 meters is the distance between torre Cajasol and the exterior limit of Sevilla City. Between this skyscraper and Giralda there's more than 1,5km.

Apart of it:

The towers of Milano's Duomo are 108 m tall (Giralda is 101), but however in Milan there are skyscrapers higher than 200m.

Also, the project "Hermitage Plaza", in Paris, involves two skyscrapers taller than Eiffel Tower, which also was built in 19th century despite being taller than Notre-Dame and Sacre Coeur...

However, I don't know why I explain this, consideering that in Sevilla there are three structures higher than Giralda since then 1990s: torre ABC, puente del Alamillo and puente del Centenario.
Old June 6th, 2015, 10:36 PM   #451
jack_shooter

Eiffel tower is 6.20 kms from La Défense (The business district of Paris),....Seville's tower is however, too close as you can see in this picture-->

It clearly overshadows the Giralda. But if you're happy with it, good. I'm not the one to criticize your authorities' choice. I just gave my personal opinion.

regards.

adevahi liked this post
Old June 6th, 2015, 11:51 PM   #452
Marco Bruno
Les cites obscures

Likes (Received): 2928

I've never been to Seville, but usually many of those photos show different objects/buildings in distance with zoom, and they all seem very close to each other. But in real life the human eye can't catch that effect, because of perspective.

I remember a few years ago a guy told me something like "in Lisbon you have windmills". I was wtf??? windmills???... The guy saw a panorama zoom photo on the internet, showing all Lisbon. The zoom catched windmills many miles far way from the city. The photo quality was such giving the impression the windmills were near.
Old June 7th, 2015, 11:21 AM   #453
Kika
Better United

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Yeah, as if you didn't have slums in Spain--->

PS: Don't bother responding, you're in my ignore list.
We naturally have a lot to learn from a wise guy like you who’s probably in most forumer’s favourite lists by making comments like the one you did a few posts earlier “The Spanish have no taste for esthetics and urban harmony”. All Europeans have a lot to learn from you, especially Spaniards who were naturally so miserable before they joined the EU in 1986 and all of a sudden became rich making the country one of the major investors in Morocco and Latin America. All because of the countless generosity of the EU…
Are you really so naïve to believe that Spain is only receiving and not giving? How do you think Europeans recovered after WW2? Does the Marshall plan rings any bell to you? How much Spain received on that plan? Do you think you can just come here and make comments like you do and expect no reaction from us? Of course there are many questionable issues in Spain but I don’t believe, in my humble opinion that you are in a position to give lessons here to anyone. To me it looks like you’re just gnawed by the jealousy in seeing others doing better than you… A bon entendeur salut!

Towersla liked this post

Last edited by Kika; June 7th, 2015 at 05:27 PM.
Kika no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 02:27 PM   #454
adevahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Bruno View Post
I've never been to Seville, but usually many of those photos show different objects/buildings in distance with zoom, and they all seem very close to each other. But in real life the human eye can't catch that effect, because of perspective.
Well, I mainly agree with bulding this skyscraper because most of the streets in the historical part of Sevilla are enoguh narrow to make impossible seeing Torre Cajasol.

If you are right next to Cathedral, Alcázar, Archivo de Indias (3 World Heritage in Sevilla) or most of other monuments, is impossible to see the skyscraper. Not the same with Monasterio de la Cartuja and puente de Triana (and a bit with plaza de España and torre del Oro), which now are monuments affected because you can see the torre Cajasol from their positions.

Puente de Triana (1856) and torre Cajasol

Monasterio de la Cartuja and torre Cajasol (watch the video before)

Plaza de España (1929) and torre Cajasol:

Torre del Oro and torre Cajasol

However, the affection is not big in my opinion, you only have to look from another perspective for avoiding watching it, and also Sevilla has hundreds more of monuments from where it is impossible to see the skyscraper

KlausDiggy, Zaz965, Marco Bruno liked this post
Old June 11th, 2015, 03:56 AM   #455
mod11
BANNED

Likes (Received): 104

Before being a young skyscraper, it looks already old (like the one they're building in Monte Carlo).
mod11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2015, 11:18 PM   #456
adevahi

By @edubarbaramos on twitter, maybe it changes some of the opinions here :
Old August 9th, 2015, 11:11 AM   #457
Jujo
A la sombra de los pinos

Likes (Received): 5173

sube

subefotos