daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Architecture

Architecture architecture news, historical buildings and structures, places of worship, iconic buildings and structures, and famous architects & architecture

Old December 8th, 2009, 01:42 AM   #201
byong_sun

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseania View Post
i guess if Thailand had same kind of 'little politicians' like those in malaysia today, Rama 1 would never construct Grand Palace and thailand would never enjoy successful tourism industry generated from it...who knows?
comparing Grand Palace with this istana?come on la....but if we were want to have some thing as grand as Grand Palace in thailand,i wonder how much tax payers money will be spent coz we hv not only one royal family.

this istana is for tourism?hahahaha..yeah right.
byong_sun no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 8th, 2009, 04:15 AM   #202
aseania
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

tax payers money can be used for whatever purposes AS LONG AS the purpose could bring those money back (and make some profit)...

so, can this Istana gives the money back to government? sama-sama fikirkan....

oh...i forgot. that grand Taj Mahal also built until the mughal government almost got bankrupted. but today, see the contribution of that masterpice...

...well, time has changed...
aseania no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2009, 07:29 AM   #203
byong_sun

Last edited by byong_sun; January 26th, 2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old December 8th, 2009, 08:00 AM   #204
aseania
BANNED

that's not 'common sense', that's a personal assumtion. if it is true, than ok...but if not?

our people now tend to make slandering people as a culture without feel guilty...
aseania no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2009, 08:39 AM   #205
byong_sun

Quote:
that's not 'common sense', that's a personal assumtion. if it is true, than ok...but if not?

our people now tend to make slandering people as a culture without feel guilty...

ok im sorry if it isnt true.
Old December 8th, 2009, 09:48 AM   #206
johnsonooi
Proud to be Malaysian

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
tax payers money can be used for whatever purposes AS LONG AS the purpose could bring those money back (and make some profit)...

so, can this Istana gives the money back to government? sama-sama fikirkan....

oh...i forgot. that grand Taj Mahal also built until the mughal government almost got bankrupted. but today, see the contribution of that masterpice...

...well, time has changed...
I do not think this new istana is a must, as the government has built the Istana Negara and the Istana Melawati in Putrajaya. So why need more istanas? Wasting our taxpayer money again to go to some corrupted Malaysians?
johnsonooi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2009, 12:49 PM   #207
byong_sun

imagine how many needed ppl can be helped with the money?i really hate to see the government waste so much money on some special families.
Old December 8th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #208
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 189

1.well if the rumors were true that the garden at the current istana negara will be redevelop, then yes the istana is not a waste of tax payers money,instead its a good investment

2.the current istana negara is full of history,and being converted into a world class museum,should be good for the public as well as enhansing KL's image.

3.at least the new istana negara garden will be open to the public in compliences with the wishes of tuanku syed sirajuddin, imagin yourself having a picnic at a palace ground, how cool is that.

4. the istana negara has not function as a residences for sometimes now, its more of an office of the SPB YDA..with istana melawati function as HIs Majesty office in putrajaya...even PM and minister also got 2 office lah,one in putrajaya the other is in the parliment building.. if you look at istana melawati the residential portion of it is smaller than sri perdana residential wing.

5.i don't think this is an oversize home for some special family,as there is no royal household of malaysia,and SPB only be in office for only 5 years.

hartal day and melaka maju 2010 day are my birthday, hope the gomen will make it a public holiday
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:15 PM   #209
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1055

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
1.well if the rumors were true that the garden at the current istana negara will be redevelop, then yes the istana is not a waste of tax payers money,instead its a good investment
If you looked at Google Earth, the current Istana garden is too small for any form of redevelopment.

Quote:
2.the current istana negara is full of history,and being converted into a world class museum,should be good for the public as well as enhansing KL's image.
We have many world class heritage too but none are world-class showcase/museum. We spent so much on sprucing up places like Memorial Tunku Abd Rahman and some of the exhibits are not in proper order. AV presentations are usually switched off.

The historical Rolls-Royce used by Tunku at Museum Negara had its Spirit of Estacy saen off many years ago. The crecent and star emblem on Dr. M's official car at Galleria Seri Perdana had its fateful turn a few years back. I (as a history aficionado) do not see how this Istana gonna be turned into a world-class museum looking at the current state of the plenty around. Only the PDRM Museum are worth mentioning and even that was a few years ago.

Quote:
3.at least the new istana negara garden will be open to the public in compliences with the wishes of tuanku syed sirajuddin, imagin yourself having a picnic at a palace ground, how cool is that.
This would not happen and this is a gimmick. Even if it does, it would be a super small area for PR purposes. I knew cause I have relatives whom stayed at the fringes of the new Istana at Damansara Heights and even being rich and influential, their property are being constantly monitored despite the fact that it is only under-construction now. Mind you that this is not even encroaching into the Istana property yet. So how about when the royalty is in residence and that public Joe are allowed into the garden? Doesn't make sense at all (esp on the security part).

Quote:
4. the istana negara has not function as a residences for sometimes now, its more of an office of the SPB YDA..with istana melawati function as HIs Majesty office in putrajaya...even PM and minister also got 2 office lah,one in putrajaya the other is in the parliment building.. if you look at istana melawati the residential portion of it is smaller than sri perdana residential wing.
Why the current Istana is not a residence? That is because all rulers have their own 'home-sweet-home' in KL. Not that they are so constrained that they have no rooms there or what.

One can't compare the PM and ministers because their parliament offices are mainly for parliamentary work. Even opposition heads and stuffs have offices there despite they too have their own primary offices. BTW both Istanas are primarily residences and not offices. And I beg to differ that the residential portion of Istana Melawati is smaller than that of Seri Perdana. This is because of the difference in structural arrangement and style. Furthermore this wouldn't happen as it is against protocol.

Quote:
5.i don't think this is an oversize home for some special family,as there is no royal household of malaysia,and SPB only be in office for only 5 years.
What do you mean by Malaysia got no Royal household? It would be half-truth even if you say we have no permanent royal household for the country but we do have 9 royal families (and another 4 governors whom behaved like they are royalties too). So at any given point of time we do have a royal family 'at the helm' while another 8 as 'backups'. No other country in the world have so many royalties. We are not just talking about over-sized home but HOMES or should I say - palaces! Apart from that, we have got so many luxuries and stuffs allocated for them and the ever-growing numbers of Tengkus and Tunkus. So I think the current Istana is more than sufficient.
Old December 8th, 2009, 07:39 PM   #210
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 189

hai yah bro, i am just being positive,as it already U/C. if it were still in the planning stage, i would give the same opinion as you did,as now its too late, all we had to do is to live with it.. the current istana was never meant to be permanent, and the land had been allocated like 50++years ago,so this project had been long been overdue..

and when i say office, it meant the place where the king does his kingly function, as all of them got their own homes here in kl, so the istana function as sort of his officelah,while their personal palaces their residential...how can the 2 palaces being residences,when nobody live there? over the yrs i always saw them coming in the morning and leaving in the evening...real residences palaces are like white house,were we know the president live there permanently.

the istana negara is the property of the federal gov, not a personal property of the king unlike the others palaces were...i dont think that people should hate the istana just because only some fortunate people may live there,just like sri perdana,not everyone can be its residence

my personal opinion the current istana is situated on a small hill,sandwiches by 2 highway,does not make a grand statement, so maybe some people are soo ashame when comparing it to others head of state pnyer residences,so that why they built a new one..

p.s. last month i had visited memorial tunku abd rahman, and i was the1st one there in 3 days, yes a lot of the exhibit were wrong, like the files related to WP,in the table(where got WP during tunku times) my god not just the AV,the AC n light also turn off.and the memorial tun hussein, is too bling-bling,confusing and at the end of the day you don't really learn anything about the man... but some museum like the islamic art museum as well as the national museum can be considered goodlah.

ohh and alot of museum in malaysia rather than telling people what,why and when something happen, always got the word "atas sebaB2 TERTENTU", aper sebab2 tertentu tu,xder saper yg tahu.

hartal day and melaka maju 2010 day are my birthday, hope the gomen will make it a public holiday
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:49 AM   #211
byong_sun

the problem with 'istana' is that u cant demolished it.so keep on building new ones will only consume lands.istana's park alone would reached miles in diameter.even if they would build new istana on the existence land by demolishing the old one,still dont justify spending millions of ringgit on special families.having one istana is more than enough la..

Last edited by byong_sun; December 9th, 2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:05 AM   #212
dengilo

Likes (Received): 712

Yeahl lah well said but the truth of the matter we all know who the real king is just on the other side of the hill!!!
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 06:33 AM   #213
msyukry08

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
msyukry08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 06:58 AM   #214
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 882

wah dats nice...thx syukry
rizalhakim está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 07:07 AM   #215
Victor18
For Malaysia!!

Location: Kuala Lumpur, London, Casablanca, Agadir, Tunis, Qatar, Tokyo, Singapore, Bangkok
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by byong_sun View Post
the problem with 'istana' is that u cant demolished it.so keep on building new ones will only consume lands.istana's park alone would reached miles in diameter.even if they would build new istana on the existence land by demolishing the old one,still dont justify spending millions of ringgit on special families.having one istana is more than enough la..
Exactly!,like other countries with royalties,one state suppose to have only one castle!,whats the use of having more than 5 in one state??,its like fading off the prestigious image of the istana and its making it becoming less classy,much more so with all these new ones being build all over the state,its more like a mansion being build by local developers!!!

Vision 2020: The Malaysian Skyscraper Forum
Victor18 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 07:59 AM   #216
byong_sun

Last edited by byong_sun; January 26th, 2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old December 27th, 2009, 08:27 AM   #217
dengilo

Likes (Received): 712

[QUOTE=byong_sun;49097847]kalu guna duit sendri takpa

That i agree ,i dont care how many more "istanas they want to build
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 12:04 PM   #218
SHAH FIRDAUS
Taller Is Better

Likes (Received): 6

they should tear down old istanas to make way for housing or commercial developments,there's no point to having so many istanas...very expensive to maintain....
SHAH FIRDAUS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 01:16 PM   #219
Victor18
For Malaysia!!

Location: Kuala Lumpur, London, Casablanca, Agadir, Tunis, Qatar, Tokyo, Singapore, Bangkok
Likes (Received): 9

Yg kat Klang punye,i always pass by there and always admire the istana but now its always empty yet it has so nice gardens and sceneries,what a waste,i remember there is a story once that the istana is haunted which makes the royal family move out to the one at Shah Alam!!,maybe any of you guys know??

Anyways lets stick back to topic

Vision 2020: The Malaysian Skyscraper Forum
Victor18 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 01:39 PM   #220
byong_sun

Last edited by byong_sun; January 26th, 2010 at 12:17 PM.