daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 27th, 2007, 02:13 AM   #361
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Likes (Received): 489

^ Thanks for sharing with us 3~0~0!

Even though "Friday" could not show some love here and posting them himself, but who really notices minor stuff like that, right?

Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2007, 08:52 PM   #362
soup or man
Avant Garde

Likes (Received): 864

A portion of the tower crane for the Ritz has been erected.

(Check camera 2)

http://clarkconstruction.oxblue.com/lalive/

Last edited by soup or man; September 5th, 2007 at 12:25 AM.
soup or man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 08:43 AM   #363
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Finally we can get this show on the road. Thanks for the heads up 300! Hopefully by years end we can see a couple of levels off the ground...

On the same note, does anyone know if Chick Hearn Ct will eventually become a pedestrian only zone?
Old September 5th, 2007, 08:56 AM   #364
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

Likes (Received): 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferneynism View Post
On the same note, does anyone know if Chick Hearn Ct will eventually become a pedestrian only zone?
Yes.
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:30 PM   #365
soup or man
Avant Garde

Lots of activity on the Ritz site.
Old September 6th, 2007, 10:12 PM   #366
soup or man
Avant Garde

You can see portions of a crane being brought onsite.
Old September 7th, 2007, 12:12 AM   #367
colemonkee
aimin high. shootin low.

Likes (Received): 11

Same deal at the LAPD Headquarters. These were shot this morning around 8:00 am (forgive the marine layer)

I'll post these on SSP as soon as their servers go back up.
colemonkee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2007, 12:40 AM   #368
alexdaytona

Likes (Received): 0

wow can't wait to see the ritz carlton when it's finished.
alexdaytona no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2007, 09:40 AM   #369
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Same deal at the LAPD Headquarters. These were shot this morning around 8:00 am (forgive the marine layer)

^ That blue wall is blocking my view...

I want to able to see the entire construction site (eye candy)!!!

Great pix btw.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Fern~Fern* no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2007, 05:34 PM   #370
colemonkee
aimin high. shootin low.

Likes (Received): 11

I can view the entire site from the top of my parking garage, I just haven't had the time to go up there this week. Those pictures were taken essentially from the front door of my building, as I was walking out to go to work. I'll get pictures of the entire site next week, realistically.

colemonkee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2007, 06:02 AM   #371
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
I can view the entire site from the top of my parking garage, I just haven't had the time to go up there this week. Those pictures were taken essentially from the front door of my building, as I was walking out to go to work. I'll get pictures of the entire site next week, realistically.

^ Excellent! Can't wait to check out the pix*

Old September 9th, 2007, 08:40 AM   #372
soup or man
Avant Garde

From blogdowntown.com

Quote:
Prompted by a call for a motion of support, the Arts District BID voted 6-4-2 to approve the One Sante Fe project this afternoon following a brief presentation by developer Bill McGregor of McGregor Company and architect Michael Maltzan. The 400 unit residential complex is one step closer to fulfilling an MTA mandate that it show broad community approval.

Designed to enhance the surrounding community and create a pedestrian friendly complex that will help house students at SCI-Arc, elements of the 65ft high design were reintroduced; the planned green space, an open plaza, additional parking and work/life units combined with residential rentals and sites for future ground floor retail. Also presented were conceptual plans to have provisions for access to the Los Angeles River in the event there is future recreation for the concrete bed between the 1st and 4th St viaducts.

Also confirmed was the street conversion of Santa Fe Ave from a Class II Highway to a modified collector road. The change will alter traffic now heavy with Class 2 vehicles, a concern of community advocate and founding member of LARABA, Drew Lesso. He also noted how none of the planned live/work units are planned as Artists in Residences, and told the BID board that approving the complex "may be the end of the Arts District."

Lesso also noted that SCI-Arc will have its lease with Richard Murello expire in 2015, and there is "no telling of the outcome, and [the project] could become a market rate complex."

The site's zoning will change from Public Use to Commercial II in order to allow residential and commercial retail. One BID board member said the project to be out of scale with the neighborhood, adding that it "seems imposing." The changes to the roadway will drop some existing parking spots, a move that some feel will cause added conflict with the film industry as base camps carve out from the lessened supply.

After the meeting Maltzan and project partner Wil Carson stood on Santa Fe, across from 2nd, on what will be the northern portion that will form a corridor. The scale of the project does approximate the painted white line and top of telephone poles, as was noted in a previous post.

One interesting note during the meeting was from MTA Transportation Manager Robin Blair who clarified that the high complex would buffer noise from the Red Line yard, a consideration previously raised by residents who note the rising din of rail traffic.

The early stages of input during the approval process were expected, according to Maltazan, who stressed after the meeting many concerns will be looked into. "I have a personal investment in the area," he stated on Santa Fe Ave, "I am trying to achieve a project that does understand the future of the area" and as the Arts District is marked for development, it's not an area that, as he said "can hide from those challenges."
image hosted on flickr

Old September 10th, 2007, 06:16 AM   #373
dtla

Likes (Received): 2

Has anyone heard any radio commercials for a concert at LA Live cause I heard one this morning, which is surprising because it isn't even finished yet

Does anybody know when ssp will be working again?

dtla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:24 AM   #374
soup or man
Avant Garde

It'll be at the end of October. I think it'll be the Dixie Chicks and others.

And I hope SSP comes back soon. Can't stand this place.

Old September 10th, 2007, 06:38 AM   #375
CITYofDREAMS
The Place

Likes (Received): 179

There was double track ad in the LA times Calendar Section today... among others Anita Baker and Aretha Franklin are schedule to perform at the Nokia theather Nov. 3 and Feb. 14 respectively.

CITYofDREAMS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:47 AM   #376
dtla

Likes (Received): 2

Finally Downtown is becoming a destination for more than just people who are obsessed with skyscrapers. That really signals a new life for DT

dtla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:43 AM   #377
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

[QUOTE=Threehundred;15280012

And I hope SSP comes back soon. Can't stand this place.[/QUOTE]

^ Oh shut up dude, if that was the case you would have left long ago. You know this is like your second home and your sooo hooked and remember we know about your little towel secret...

On with the show...

Aretha Franklin!!!! R~E~S~P~E~C~T!!!!

Old September 10th, 2007, 07:44 AM   #378
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtla View Post
Finally Downtown is becoming a destination for more than just people who are obsessed with skyscrapers. That really signals a new life for DT

^ Absolutely! Downtown is looking real good now in days.

Old September 13th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #379
ArchiTennis
Angeleeeeeeeno

Likes (Received): 66

Another step forward for Grand Avenue project

A City Council panel rejects the Bonaventure Hotel's challenge of the $2-billion downtown L.A. effort.

By David Zahniser, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
September 12, 2007

A key committee of the Los Angeles City Council on Tuesday rejected an effort by the Westin Bonaventure Hotel to derail a $2- billion mega-project that would bring a luxury hotel and more than 1,300 homes to downtown.

The council's Planning and Land Use Management Committee voted in favor of tract maps for the Grand Avenue project despite accusations from the Bonaventure's lawyer that the project would violate a downtown redevelopment plan by adding too many housing units.

Bonaventure attorney Christopher Sutton refused to discuss his client's challenge. But in an Aug. 24 letter opposing the project, he said Councilwoman Jan Perry should not have voted on it since she lives less than two blocks from the project site.

"Until and unless all alleged conflicts of interest are eliminated, the city as a whole must not even consider these land use matters," Sutton wrote.

Perry said she reviewed the issue three years ago, asking her attorney to confer with the city attorney's office and determine whether she needed to recuse herself. "They reached the conclusion that there was no conflict," said Perry, who represents much of downtown. "I had no greater benefit from this project than anyone else in the area."

The council approved environmental documents for the Grand Avenue project in February, voting to provide up to $66 million in tax breaks.

Related Cos. had been scheduled to break ground Oct. 1 on the project's first phase, which is east of Walt Disney Concert Hall and will include two skyscrapers housing a Mandarin Oriental Hotel and 500 homes, one-fifth of them designated as affordable.

Because of the pace of the permitting process, construction is now scheduled to begin in December, said Related Cos. spokeswoman Beatrice Hsu.

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa has been trying to strike a deal with Bonaventure owner Peter Zen that would head off a time-consuming legal battle over the project. Zen issued a similar legal threat two years ago when the city offered tax breaks to L.A. Live, another hotel mega-project being built near Staples Center.

In that case, Villaraigosa reached an agreement that allowed Zen to convert some of his hotel rooms into condominiums if vacancy rates reached a certain threshold.

[email protected]

Westin Bonaventure Hotel It really disturbs be that people like Peter Zen exist!! He's afraid of some competition so he'll sue to get rid of it!

Even though construction has been dellayed (another!) two months, I'm glad it will eventually start by the end of the year.
ArchiTennis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2007, 06:08 AM   #380
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Dammit! Two more months..... we are really going to fall behind schedule!

...Peter Zen

Tags
los angeles