daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 13th, 2016, 04:48 AM   #1841
Saiholmes

Likes (Received): 5347

Quote:

Apartments Break Ground at Prominent Hollywood Property

Work is finally getting underway for a multifamily residential development on a prominent site in Hollywood.

Last week, heavy equipment arrived on-site on at 1840 N. Highland Avenue, an large parking lot located north of the Hollywood & Highland Center. The property - which fronts Franklin Place, Highland, Las Palmas and Franklin Avenues - is slated for a podium-style apartment complex featuring 118 residential units.
http://urbanize.la/post/apartments-b...ywood-property

The swimming pool is awesome for hot summer days!

el palmesano liked this post
Saiholmes no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2016, 05:12 PM   #1842
Saiholmes

Quote:

New Design Emerges for East Hollywood Development

A leasing brochure produced by CBRE and Kennedy Wilson points to a redesign of CIM Group's proposed development at 5601 Santa Monica Boulevard, formerly known as Paseo Plaza.

The project, which is described as a an "Urban Power Center," dates back to 2006, when Culver City-based Continental Development Group first entitled the property. Under the revised proposal, CIM plans to rehabilitate the interior of the historic Sears Building - built in 1928 - as retail space, while its rooftop would be converted into a 20,000-square-foot park featuring with landscaping, outdoor seating and seasonal programming.
http://urbanize.la/post/new-design-e...od-development

East Hollywood is kind of an un-missable place that's really inspiring.
Old November 14th, 2016, 02:32 AM   #1843
Saiholmes

Quote:

Alexander: CBU's last hurrah for old gym, preparation for new arena

Cal Baptist’s men’s basketball team opens its regular season Friday afternoon in cozy Van Dyne Gym, with a 4 p.m. game against Montana State-Billings as part of a four-team tournament.

What was once a skeleton of girders and framework has taken shape. The building currently known as the CBU Events Center — and that name almost certainly will change when a donor or a sponsor kicks in the right amount of money — is more than 60 percent complete.

Those who are allowed to tour the interior of the construction site can at last visualize the finished product: a $73 million, 153,000 square foot facility, with 5,050 seats (and room to expand to more than 6,000) for basketball, concerts, commencement and chapel and other campus uses, which CBU administrators have stressed will take up the vast majority of the available dates.
http://www.pe.com/articles/friday-81...riverside.html

Great to have something like this in Riverside.
Old November 14th, 2016, 07:13 AM   #1844
towerpower123
Let's Revive our Cities

Likes (Received): 4181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiholmes View Post
http://thesource.metro.net/2016/11/0...-descriptions/
Quote:
Airport Rail Connector and Green Line Rail Extension
Connects Metro Green Line Rail, Crenshaw/LAX Line Rail, and Metro and municipal bus service to the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) via the LAX Automated People Mover.

Purple Line Rail Subway Extension: Century City West to Westwood/VA Hospital
Extends Purple Line Rail Subway 2.5 miles along Wilshire Bl, two stations, from Century City West to Westwood/VA Hospital; connects the Sepulveda Pass underground via the Westwood/UCLA Station.

High Desert Multi-Purpose Corridor: SR-14 to SR-18
Builds the Los Angeles County portion of a new freeway and toll lanes with parallel rail/transit service and a bikeway to connect cities in the Antelope and Victor Valleys, including Palmdale and Lancaster.

I-5 Truck and Carpool Lane Additions: SR-14 Interchange to Lake Hughes Rd
Adds one truck lane and one carpool lane in each direction, while maintaining existing general purpose lanes.

Gold Line Rail Extension: Foothill to Claremont
Extends Gold Line Rail 11 miles and adds five stations, from Citrus College Station to the Claremont Metrolink Station; linking Claremont, Glendora, La Verne, Pomona and San Dimas.

Orange Line BRT Connector to Gold Line Rail
15.3-mile bus rapid transit line from North Hollywood Orange/Red Line Rail Station to the Gold Line Rail in Pasadena. The project could be converted to a rail service at a later date if ridership demand outgrows the bus rapid service capacity.

Orange Line BRT Improvements
Enables Orange Line bus rapid transit buses to bypass several key intersections to improve bus speeds and passenger travel times.

East San Fernando Valley Transit Corridor
9.2-mile high-capacity transit project, 14 stations, connecting the Orange Line Van Nuys station to the Sylmar/San Fernando Metrolink Station.

West Santa Ana Transit Corridor
New light rail connection from the city of Artesia to Union Station spanning 20 miles using city streets, Metro, and ports-owned rail right-of-way. The project would be built in two phases: first between Artesia and the Green Line and then between the Green Line and Union Station.

Crenshaw/LAX Light Rail Track Enhancement Project
Constructs a portion of the Crenshaw/LAX light rail line (currently under construction) adjacent to the LAX runways so it is fully underground.

Sepulveda Pass ExpressLane Transit Corridor
Adds two ExpressLanes in each direction along the I-405 from I-10 to US-101, while maintaining current general purpose lanes, to provide express bus service connecting the San Fernando Valley to Westwood.

Vermont BRT Corridor: Hollywood Bl to 120th St
Adds a 12.5-mile high capacity bus rapid transit corridor from Hollywood Bl to 120th St. The project could be converted to a rail service at a later date if ridership demand outgrows the bus rapid service capacity.

SR-57/SR-60 Interchange Improvements
Two miles of freeway, on-ramp, auxiliary lane and street widening improvements in the vicinity of Grand Av and Golden Springs Dr.

Green Line Rail Extension: Redondo Beach to Torrance Transit Center
Extends Green Line Rail 4.7 miles, four stations, from Redondo Beach to the Torrance Transit Center.23. Vermont BRT Corridor: Hollywood Bl to 120th St Adds a 12.5-mile high capacity bus rapid transit corridor from Hollywood Bl to 120th St. The project could be converted to a rail service at a later date if ridership demand outgrows the bus rapid service capacity.

I-710 South Corridor Zero Emission Truck Lane Additions: Long Beach to Commerce
Adds two Zero-Emission truck lanes in each direction, for a total of 18 miles, while maintaining current general purpose lanes. The project includes improvements to the Shoemaker Bridge. The project is planned to be built in two phases.

I-105 ExpressLane Additions: I-405 to I-605
Creates two additional ExpressLanes, totaling 16 miles, while maintaining current general purpose lanes in each direction.

Sepulveda Pass Transit Tunnel

An 8.8-mile high-capacity transit project between the Orange Line’s Van Nuys Station and the Purple Line Extension’s Wilshire/Westwood Station with a stop on the UCLA campus.

Gold Line Eastside Rail Extension
Extends Gold Line Rail east from Atlantic Station. Two alignments are planned for construction, one along SR-60 to South El Monte, and the other along Washington Bl to Whittier.

West Santa Ana Transit Corridor Segment 2
New light rail connection from the City of Artesia to Union Station spanning 20 miles using city streets, Metro, and ports-owned rail right-of-way. Segment 2 would run be between the Green Line and Union Station.

I-5 South Corridor Lane Additions: I-605 to I-710
Adds one general purpose lane and one carpool lane in each direction, for a total of seven miles. When complete, there will be a total of five general purpose lanes and one carpool lane in each direction.

Crenshaw Line Rail Northern Extension to West Hollywood

Extends Crenshaw Line Rail north from the Expo/Crenshaw Station to Hollywood at the Red Line Rail Hollywood/Highland Station.

I-405/I-110 ExpressLanes Direct Connect Ramps & Interchange Improvements
The new project provides direct connector ramps between ExpressLanes on the I-110 and I-405.

LAX BRT Connector to Santa Monica
Links Airport Metro Connector to Expo Line Rail via a bus rapid transit corridor along Lincoln Bl. The project could be converted to a rail service at a later date if ridership demand outgrows the bus rapid service capacity.

Metro Rail and ExpressLanes Extension from Westwood to LAX Metro Connector

Ten-mile high-capacity transit and rail extension from Wilshire/Westwood Station to the Airport Metro Connector. Project could also add ExpressLanes along the I-405 that provides express bus service connecting Westwood to LAX.

LA River Bike Path Extension: Canoga Park to Glendale
Constructs a 12-mile bike path along the LA River connecting Canoga Park to Glendale. The project will complete the LA River Bike Path between Downtown Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley.

LA River Waterway and Bike Path: Elysian Valley to Maywood
Constructs eight-mile bike path along the LA River connecting the Elysian Valley to the City of Maywood through downtown Los Angeles. The measure will complete the LA River Bike Path between Long Beach and the Sepulveda Basin in the San Fernando Valley.

I-605/I-10 Interchange Improvements
Interchange improvements in all directions (North, South, East and West).

SR-60/I-605 Carpool Interchange Improvements
Improves interchanges from I-605 Rose Hills to I-10, and SR-60 from Santa Anita to Turnbull Canyon. Includes: new auxiliary lanes, wider lanes and bridges, interchange connectors and ramp improvements.

LA River Waterway and Bike Path: Elysian Valley to Maywood
Constructs eight-mile bike path along the LA River connecting the Elysian Valley to the City of Maywood through downtown Los Angeles. The measure will complete the LA River Bike Path between Long Beach and the Sepulveda Basin in the San Fernando Valley.

Historic Downtown Streetcar
Builds a 3.8-mile streetcar along existing traffic lanes from 1st St to 11th St in downtown Los Angeles.
Bring on the shovels because this is simply the most incredible expansion of mass transit in any American city in the last 90 years! Of course it will take till 2060 and many projects will be heavily modified, but the funding is passed to get it done!

186 Newark, NJ Development projects MAPPED
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1874870
http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

See my DeviantArt account at http://towerpower123.deviantart.com/

Mplsuptown liked this post
towerpower123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 07:14 PM   #1845
blackcat23

Likes (Received): 2975

First look at new South Park development

Please follow on Twitter @UrbanizeLA, Facebook and Instagram.
blackcat23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 08:31 PM   #1846
hateman

Likes (Received): 1797

Someone should do a compilation of all the apartments that have the same red, white, grey, sometimes yellow, blocky design scheme in LA. Must number in the dozens.
We are seeking to follow the type of architecture which is good in the sense that it does not of necessity follow the whims of the moment but seeks an artistry that ought to be good, as far as we can tell, for all time to come. -FDR

We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us. -Winston Churchill
hateman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 08:53 PM   #1847
MrAronymous

Likes (Received): 5877

I call it Cheapo Americano.
MrAronymous no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 09:20 PM   #1848
blackcat23

More on the proposed Cambria Hotel

Old November 14th, 2016, 11:49 PM   #1849
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3585

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat23 View Post
Hey Blackcat (or anyone else knowledgeable about these things), do you guys have, or know where to find, a mockup like the one in that image showing silhouettes or models of all the U/C DTLA developments? Like a Google Earth file or something?

Every time I drive by downtown, I try to picture how it's going to look when it all fills in, but there are way too many projects to keep all in my head.
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2016, 05:37 PM   #1850
Saiholmes

Quote:

Irvine's economic success story
The O.C. center of innovation, technology and creativity is an employment powerhouse

By night, 250,000 people call the dynamic and diverse city of Irvine home. By day, that number more than doubles. Irvine is the region’s job engine, and it’s a shiny, high-tech one that attracts a highly educated, highly skilled workforce that swells the city’s daytime population to 600,000.

“The city is a major attractor for the county in terms of workforce, jobs, innovation and foreign investment,” says Lucy Dunn, CEO of the Orange County Business Council. “Scientists and engineers originally flocked to the county for military research and manufacturing jobs, which began to translate to basic bioscience and hi-tech research,” she says. “That spurred what are now some of the leading companies in the world, including Irvine-based Allergan and Broadcom.”

Irvine hosts 49 of the top 100 publicly traded companies headquartered in Orange County, according to the Orange County Business Journal. More than one-third of the companies ranked in the Fortune 500 have corporate presence in the city, according to the 2016 Guide to Irvine. There are 200,000 jobs in the city, resulting in a jobs-to-population ratio of 94.8 percent, the best ratio of all American cities of its size or larger. Last year, a division of the Financial Times of London ranked Irvine as the No. 3 Small American City of the Future for Economic Potential.
http://www.irvineinspired.com/ndash-...c-success.html

baisaroff liked this post
Old November 15th, 2016, 07:13 PM   #1851
blackcat23

Fresh renderings for the Sunset Time

Kudos to Brandon/Soup or Man for hunting them down.

Old November 16th, 2016, 07:40 AM   #1852
Saiholmes

Quote:

Thrills are par for the course at new $60 million Porsche facility in Carson

The driver’s timing is off and the 420-horsepower car spins around on the ice aimlessly. But it’s not in danger. This was just a test run around the new track at the Porsche Experience Center in Carson.

The $60 million Carson complex opens to the public on Friday on the site of the former Dominguez Hills Golf Course adjacent to the 405 Freeway at 19800 S. Main St., across from the docking site of the West Coast’s Goodyear blimp.

The facility is home to 4.1 miles of winding roadway courses designed to flummox and excite the most experienced drivers.
http://www.sgvtribune.com/lifestyle/...lity-in-carson

erbse liked this post
Old November 17th, 2016, 06:55 AM   #1853
Saiholmes

Quote:

Work Underway at Santa Monica's Trailer Park Redevelopment
Multifamily residential complex rises near Expo Line Station.

The Millennium East Village, which is rising from a 3.5-acre site at 2930 Colorado Avenue, will consist of a series of five-story buildings featuring 374 residential units, coming in studio, one-, two- and three-bedroom floor plans. Approved plans call for 38 of the apartments to be set aside as affordable housing, as well as 25,000 square feet of commercial space along Colorado Boulevard.

Renderings of the development, which is being designed by the Cuningham Group, portray modern buildings, intersected with walkways and open space. Cunignham's website describes the Village as a "fluid, interconnected campus," reconnecting a sprawling development site with the surrounding street grid.
http://urbanize.la/post/work-underwa...-redevelopment

Colorful structures are a great way to add some bright colors to your space.

Old November 18th, 2016, 04:55 AM   #1854
Saiholmes

Quote:

Los Angeles Rams break ground on $2.6-billion Inglewood stadium, 'new era' of NFL

With more than 100 invited guests in attendance — politicians, media, members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and even NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell — Kroenke and others plunged shiny silver shovels into a pile of dirt and extolled the virtues of a privately financed stadium that’s expected to cost more than any other.

“This thing is going to be unbelievable,” Kroenke said. “I don’t think people really understand the scale of this.”

“For the first time, we have a true indoor/outdoor venue. … It’s totally unique in the world,” said Mark Williams, who heads the sports and entertainment division at stadium architect HKS.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/l...117-story.html

Finally it all starts falling in place.

nomarandlee liked this post

Last edited by Saiholmes; November 18th, 2016 at 05:10 AM.
Old November 18th, 2016, 07:59 AM   #1855
Saiholmes

The most expensive stadium and the first true indoor/outdoor venue in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperydog View Post
Some updated renderings...

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/newrep...ly&p=136657103

baisaroff, aquaticko, streetscapeer liked this post
Old November 18th, 2016, 08:12 PM   #1856
blackcat23

Renderings revealed for Tribune Media's 30-story tower

Old November 18th, 2016, 10:22 PM   #1857
blackcat23

First look at Hollywood & Gower

aquaticko liked this post
Old November 19th, 2016, 06:28 AM   #1858
Saiholmes

Quote:

L.A. County supervisors place the welcome mat out for George Lucas' museum

The L.A. County Board of Supervisors gathered to vote on whether to officially support bringing George Lucas’ proposed Lucas Museum of Narrative Art to Los Angeles’ Exposition Park.

The symbolic vote, however, was unanimous: Yes.

On Wednesday, leaders from the worlds of Hollywood, museums, educators and nonprofits crammed into the first two rows of a cavernous hearing room to show their support for the project. Among those on hand: DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg, L.A. County Museum of Art CEO and Director Michael Govan, Academy Museum of Motion Pictures’ leader Kerry Brougher, as well as representatives from Exposition Park’s Natural History Museum, California Science Center and California African American Museum and nearby USC, Lucas’ alma mater.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...109-story.html

The next big thing for LA.

xXFallenXx, MarshallKnight liked this post
Old November 19th, 2016, 08:39 AM   #1859
Kenni
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat23 View Post
Even with all the recent hotel rooms being built, LA still has a shortage of rooms (huge city). So, why built something so small in DT, where space right now is at a premium?

Saiholmes liked this post
Kenni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2016, 10:19 AM   #1860
towerpower123
Let's Revive our Cities

Likes (Received): 4181

Will the Inglewood Rams stadium have any direct rail-based transit access. The current plans only have the future Airport line with the Inglewood station 1.5 miles away, which no one will ever walk. It would really suck if a 22nd Century stadium is completely reliant on cars and shuttle buses for access, especially since a whole development the size of a small city is supposed to be developed around it!

Also, that Tribune Media tower is absolutely fantastic and I hope they do not value-engineer it!

186 Newark, NJ Development projects MAPPED
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1874870
http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

See my DeviantArt account at http://towerpower123.deviantart.com/

fskobic liked this post
towerpower123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
los angeles