daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 16th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #3481
BigMike90

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
CDA isn't so much the problem. They had to do this because they made the coalition with the PvdA and one of the key points in forming the coalition was introducing the kilometer charge. CDA already said they aren't such a big proponent of the km charge anymore.

The PvdA is the real evil, finance minister Wouter Bos is the biggest liar in the government, he said that most drivers would profit from the km charge. Yes, with the 3 cent km introduction charge, it may be, but not with the 6,7 cent per km in 2018, a 37% increase per year. That's about 10 - 15 times inflation...

Especially the working class will be hit, because the people who will be cheaper off are those who buy a brand new car every 3 years, or don't drive much, like the elderly.
Its government. That includes the CDA. Hell even the traffic minister is from that party. Still people vote in these lunatics every time. People even going to have to work till 67 now.

BigMike90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2009, 09:05 PM   #3482
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19411

Vote for Geert Wilders or D66 then if you think they can do it better...

PvdA (labour party) is one big incompetent party. They put the most stupid people in high posities, like party chairman Hamer, minister Vogelaar of neighborhoods and integration (who resigned) and now Ter Horst of Home affairs is proposing to increase the amount of fines given by the police in order to increase credibility/authority of the police department, I mean what is up with that? To reach that quote, they need to fine for minor violations, no that's a good way to increase authority of the police! Dijksma and Cramer aren't the brightest politicians either..

Not to mention they're all women. No wonder PvdA is -50% in polls.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 09:33 PM   #3483
da_scotty

Likes (Received): 792

Let's quit the political Debate, as we are going offtopic!

================================================

I heard that camiel eurlings (PVDA.. at least there is someone with brains there) is proposing a new river crossing in rotterdam, that is positive news!!
Old November 16th, 2009, 09:40 PM   #3484
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Camiel Eurlings is from the CDA party.
Old November 16th, 2009, 09:53 PM   #3485
da_scotty

Likes (Received): 792

my mistake..
Old November 16th, 2009, 10:53 PM   #3486
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Eurlings is still the best minister of traffic we've had in years.
Old November 16th, 2009, 10:55 PM   #3487
ChrisZwolle
Road user

As there is no direct correlation between toll/tax income and infrastructure spending, the whole tax thing is more a department of finance thing than a department of infrastructure. I think finance minister Bos has more saying in this issue than Eurlings.
Old November 17th, 2009, 01:20 PM   #3488
BigMike90

Likes (Received): 4

something tells me chris is voting CDA. Sure the PVDA is incompetent, hell they sure dont know how to do good politics anymore. But one cannot deny the fact we have 5 kabinets of balkenende with the CDA as leading party. Which means they also support:
-working till 67
-new kilometer tax system
-"na het zuur komt het zoet"
-we will do a research and see if it possible in 2059. Like putting off everything.
-shutting down coffeeshops, red light district.

I hate the way CDA voters are keeping this conservative people in power and are taking everything they do. The same people that blame everything on the PVDA but not recognizing the CDA is the leading party in this whole matter. It really strucks the mind...

Im thinking about voting D66, but thats only because Pechtold is a good politician, not the party itself.
BigMike90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 01:47 PM   #3489
ChrisZwolle
Road user

What I vote is not important. My vote for nationwide elections usually depends on what plans there are in road construction. Personally, I would be better off with the km charge, because I don't commute a long distance on motorways and most of my mileage are from work-related drives or roadtrips, mostly to other countries. The first type is compensated by € 0,35 per km. The second is outside the Netherlands, so km charge doesn't apply.

However, I am against the road charge in it's current proposal because people now have to pay the piper for the government incompetence and unrealistic policies over the last 30 years. Second, I don't think the km charge will actually be spent on roads. It would mean a threefold increase in road spending which I don't see happening, even though it would be a good thing. Third, there's no limit on the increase of the km charge. Sure, in 2012 it's € 0.03, in 2018 it's € 0.067, but what is it 2025?
Old November 17th, 2009, 04:23 PM   #3490
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Demolition of an old bridge across A2 near Utrecht. This bridge had to go because of the freeway widening to 10 lanes.

photos by A2 Hooggelegen project bureau and Darja Boers.

[img]http://i36.************/taocgg.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.************/e6c8x2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i36.************/30nd65v.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i33.************/2gy4qc6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i34.************/20u368o.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i37.************/bjbzo9.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i35.************/xqhlwz.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i33.************/2vlrxa8.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i34.************/1ru2i0.jpg[/img]
Old November 17th, 2009, 05:41 PM   #3491
andrelot
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Anyone has news on the new A4 link freeway construction between Den Haag and Rotterdam? I recently moved to The Netherlands and figured out that the only other option, the A13, is almost never uncongested during daytime. I also read that government gave green light on the project overruling local environwackos (no offense intended, they're everywhere anyway).

Have works already begun on that strecht?

And what about the Maastricht situation, are there going to build a tunnel or a bypass on A2, as I think that it will be highly improbable they would let an elevated freeway to be built?
andrelot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #3492
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I doubt if the A4 will be under construction within the next 3 years. They still need to go through some procedures called the "tracébesluit" (record of decision) and public hearings probably. Given the fact the construction of A4 already started in 1968, but has been abandoned since, and various proposals were killed over the 4 decades that followed, I don't think there is a realistic timetable yet.
Old November 17th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #3493
andrelot
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Other question: with this pay-for-drive tax, how tolls will be collected from foreing cars? At least here in Tilburg, there are a lot of Belgian, German and even some French cars.

My guess is that they will implement a road sticker like they do in Austria, Czeck, Switzerland and Bulgaria... Anyone has info on plans for foreign cars? It just annoys me to turn my car windshield into a sticker strip as more and more countries start imposing those. European Union should have an agreement so a common sticker system for international cars would be in place.
andrelot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 07:14 PM   #3494
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The plans aren't exactly finalized yet. Now we only know the introduction charge will be € 0,03 "on average" in 2012 and € 0,067 "on average" in 2018. Foreign cars will probably exempt of tolls until 2018, when they have to buy a vignette. But who knows where pan-European tolling system will be in 2018. Maybe France and Germany want to adopt this GPS tolling too.

Anyway, I really doubt if they will introduce the system by 2012 anyway, that's in two years, and I don't think they will manage to set up this extremely complex system within two years, let alone spend 4 - 6 billion euros on developing it.

I like your signature by the way
Old November 17th, 2009, 09:32 PM   #3495
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Nice pics, Chris! Did they already demolish the other one?
Old November 19th, 2009, 10:22 AM   #3496
xlchris
Not much

Likes (Received): 202

Lots of traffic jams today Partly because there has been problems with the connectivity of Vodafone. Chaos at locations where trucks crashed etc.

[IMG]http://i49.************/ehgr6e.jpg[/IMG]
Old November 19th, 2009, 12:38 PM   #3497
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

If missing A4 will be ever constructed, will it be 2X3 straight away ?
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 01:11 PM   #3498
ChrisZwolle
Road user

No, 2+3 according to the most recent plans...
Old November 20th, 2009, 02:26 PM   #3499
pilspaus

Likes (Received): 0

or in other words, big fail, if the new stretch is completen, loads and loads of people will make use of it and then u have another spot that is jammed all day, but thats my opinion.
pilspaus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 06:46 PM   #3500
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Some pics near Hoevelaken.

The road is the A1 motorway. It has shoulder running at certain hours.

1. CCTV camera looking eastbound, watching the shoulder running (if operational)
image hosted on flickr

2. Looking eastbound. Shoulder is closed to traffic at the moment.
image hosted on flickr

3. Looking westbound. Shoulder running is not implemented in this direction, only eastbound.
image hosted on flickr

4. Signage for interchange Hoevelaken (A1/A28) ahead.
image hosted on flickr

5. 25x zoom. Actual distance: 550 meters.
image hosted on flickr

6. Watching the watchers.
image hosted on flickr

Tags
congestion, dutch, friesland, highways, motorways, netherlands