daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 16th, 2011, 11:45 PM   #5621
petertenthije

Likes (Received): 2

double post, some delay with the computer

Last edited by petertenthije; June 17th, 2011 at 12:10 AM.
petertenthije no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:04 AM   #5622
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
Originally Posted by woutero View Post
Chris, do you know why the section from Hooipolder to Breda was not included? Is that section less busy? It doesn't seem that way.
It's slightly less busy, but the difference is not that significant. However, that section of A27 is much more space-constraint and substandard than further north, which would make it far more expensive to upgrade. I think money is simply the biggest issue. However, the current corridor approach is much better than the 90's and early 2000's patchwork we've seen before.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:30 AM   #5623
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 780

Quote:
Originally Posted by petertenthije View Post
Omroep Gelderland is reporting the A15 will be extended to Zevenaar, it's expected to be completed by 2017, but as a toll road.

http://www.omroepgelderland.nl/web/n...rgetrokken.htm
A toll road? Is that the first one in the country? If so, is this something new you'll be seeing more of?

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:47 AM   #5624
-Pino-
Funkin' down the Track

Likes (Received): 127

We have toll tunnels and used to have toll bridges, but no open toll roads I think.

I'm still to see how this road will eventually get tolled. We've had similar plans in the past that ended up without toll. In this particular case, I think that a toll road would be outright stupid. The Arnhem-Nijmegen region faces bottleneck issues caused in part by the low number of Rhine crossings compared to the large number of people that need to cross the Rhine every day. An additional Rhine crossing in this area is much needed to keep the region moving. In such a situation, you should not levy a luxury tax for making an additional crossing available.
Old June 17th, 2011, 08:52 AM   #5625
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I agree, and besides that, there are alternatives such as N325 and A12/A50 around Arnhem. It would be stupid to let them get congested (again) just because of tolls on A15. In my opinion, the regional governments should pay more to keep it toll free. We don't pay the provincial road tax for nothing. Toll only works on routes with no reasonable alternatives, such as the Westerschelde Tunnel, or a tunnel to Texel. The Kil Tunnel near Dordrecht should become toll free.

Last edited by ChrisZwolle; June 17th, 2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:30 AM   #5626
aswnl

Likes (Received): 84

I wouldn't be surprised of a possible scenario that regional governments decide that tolling of the A15 would be exchanged with tolling of the other Rhine-bridges (Roermondsepleinbridge, the old Rijnbridge and N325), a few months/years after completion of the extended A15...
aswnl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:42 AM   #5627
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A5 Amsterdam

An aerial photo of the A5 Westrandweg across the "ring canal Haarlemmermeer". This viaduct incorporates the longest prefab beams ever constructed in the Netherlands (61.75 m)

Old June 17th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #5628
Slagathor
Gay love is love too

Likes (Received): 6162

Maybe it's just me but I find toll roads royally evil when I'm already paying road tax. If you don't drive and leave the car parked outside your house: you pay road tax. Wanna drive? Pay an additional toll! Jesus, people.
Slagathor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2011, 11:49 AM   #5629
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A12 Utrecht - Bunnik

Some pictures of the 10-day widening from 6 to 8 lanes, by boe!

embankment washed away somewhat by heavy rains:

temporary 5 lanes on what used to be a 3-lane roadway.

new asphalt.

überwide gantry
Old June 19th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #5630
bogdymol
bogdymod

Nice pictures Chris. The asphalt looks so dark... but the crashbariers could be shinyer
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #5631
mappero
Co sie kryje za zakrętem?

Likes (Received): 520

On last Friday late evening I had to drive from Eindhoven (near Ikea) on A50 and A28 to Groningen (knpt Julianaplein). I was driving from 0.30 to 2.31.
Brilliant no traffic! Non stopping, driving on cruise control 130 km/h, only one time I had to slow down to 60 km/h in Hoogeveen to take slip road.
So 243 km in 2h01m ! I wish I could drive like that everyday. No stress braking on left lane. No slow drivers on left lane. Just set the speed, music and go
It was my first driving positive experience in The Netherlands since years...

Błędy na mapach w nawigacjach GPS i internecie

Been in: A, B, BIH, BR, C, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, F, FL, GB, GE, GBR, H, HR, I, L, LT, MC, MEX, MNE, N, NL, P, PL, RO, RD, RSM, S, SK, SLO, SRB, TR, UA, USA, V
Driven in: A, B, BIH, BR, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, F, FL, GB, GBR, H, HR, I, L, MC, MNE, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, SK, SRB, TR, USA
mappero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #5632
bogdymol
bogdymod

308 km/h on public roads in NL:

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #5633
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2111

Lifetime gaol.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 05:21 PM   #5634
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Lifetime ass spanking!

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #5635
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Stupid haole.
Old June 20th, 2011, 11:14 PM   #5636
Glodenox

Likes (Received): 655

I hope that whenever that guy crashes (not if, but when), he won't be taking anyone else to death with him.

Greetings,
Glodenox
Old June 21st, 2011, 07:29 AM   #5637
Agnette

Likes (Received): 29

E22, A7, Drachten - Groningen, 24 Mar 2011:

Agnette no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 10:30 AM   #5638
kubam4a1

Likes (Received): 6

Such idiots like above might be the reason why the motorway speed limits are set so low. I am not a proponent of a total, strict control, and I think that certain limits and enforcment in NL are exaggerated, but he should lose his licence immediately - for the safety and comfort of others.
Old June 21st, 2011, 12:07 PM   #5639
Slagathor
Gay love is love too

Likes (Received): 6162

We need to be more strict about handing out licenses in the first place. If you look at the scientific evidence of extensive research that shows teenagers (especially boys) are inclined to exaggerate and show off and they're incapable of properly judging risks, I'm not so sure we should allow them to drive. Or at least not quite so easily.

Adding insult to injury are recent plans to allow 17 year olds to start driving.

Either we should move the legal driving age up to 21 or we need to come up with a way to keep better tabs on younger drivers. Perhaps periodical tests or something along those lines.
Slagathor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 12:32 PM   #5640
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slagathor View Post
We need to be more strict about handing out licenses in the first place. If you look at the scientific evidence of extensive research that shows teenagers (especially boys) are inclined to exaggerate and show off and they're incapable of properly judging risks, I'm not so sure we should allow them to drive. Or at least not quite so easily.
In Italy there is a law stating that people under 21 years of age (or for three years after getting the license, I can't remember) can drive only cars below a specific ratio power/weight. I don't know how much this is enforced, though: it is also a very unpopular law, because it forces families to buy another car for the kid, if the family car is too powerful.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
congestion, dutch, friesland, highways, motorways, netherlands