daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 6th, 2014, 04:19 PM   #10421
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverworld View Post
By the way, I was driving to Groningen yesterday. Is there any chance the Hoogeveen interchange will be redesigned at some point? Following the motorway A28, only one lane is available for continuing to Groningen where everyone wants to go, while two lanes continue towards Emmen and Germany, where noone wants to go. Moreover, the one lane towards Groningen makes one of the tighter turns I have seen on motorway interchanges. Talking about this situation.
There are no plans for it. It rarely, if ever causes congestion so it's not a priority at all, although I agree the situation is not ideal.

It's a result of previous plans, where the motorway to Groningen was planned from Emmeloord to Assen/Groningen. The A28 between Hoogeveen and Assen was originally a provincial road, then gradually expanded into a motorway. The A28 between Meppel and Hoogeveen was originally planned as an east-west motorway to Emmen, which explains the situation at Hoogeveen.

The planned numbers in 1968:

* RW32: Zwolle - Meppel - Leeuwarden
* RW37: Meppel - Hoogeveen - Emmen
* RW36: Hoogeveen - Assen - Groningen

It was changed to A28 in 1977, one year after they started signing the A-numbers.

The unbuilt Emmeloord - Assen motorway is still visible in the current road structure, because there are no east-west routes from Assen to the west. Also, Assen was a small town until the 1960s. It currently has 67,000 inhabitants.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Neverworld, mappero liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2014, 04:52 PM   #10422
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Aquaduct Drachtsterweg, Leeuwarden

Construction has officially began today on the "Aquaduct Drachtsterweg", a short tunnel under the Van Harinxma Canal in the city of Leeuwarden. It's part of a project to widen the Drachtsterweg to 2x2 lanes as a high quality urban arterial.

This means there are currently three aquaducts under construction in Leeuwarden. This aquaduct will be completed in late 2015. It replaces a bascule bridge. It will be the 16th aquaduct in Friesland province.

Render video:
Old February 7th, 2014, 05:00 PM   #10423
ChrisZwolle
Road user

traffic fines

There have been 10,334,619 traffic offenses sanctioned in the year 2013, up from 9,661,094 in 2012. The far majority of the fines were issued for exceeding the speed limit, 8,442,360 such fines were issued (82% of all traffic fines).

Out of the 10.3 million traffic fines, only 5% were issued by a police officer pulling the violator over (554,529). Approximately 25% of all speeding tickets are issued via section controls, or 2,159,897 fines, most of those on A4 at Leidschendam (815,968) and A2 Amsterdam - Utrecht (990,870).
Old February 8th, 2014, 01:59 AM   #10424
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

That is insane and depressing. Is www.flitsservice.nl still working?

I am curious of the 5% tickets issued by officers, but 18% not being speeding. Does it mean 13% red-light camera tickets? What other kinds of booby-traps are there?
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 02:27 AM   #10425
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
As a member of that site I can report that my other tab with Flitsservice is still up and running

Quote:
Does it mean 13% red-light camera tickets? What other kinds of booby-traps are there?
Might be parking fines. Because they are not cops but 'authorized investigating officer' (google translate: original is: Bevoegd OpsporingsAmbtenaar/BOA). Not sure if that clarifies (part of) that 13%.
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 01:39 PM   #10426
MrAronymous

Likes (Received): 6100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
New style signage in Breda
Are they no longer back-lit? Cause I think I can see the reflective material shimmering in the sun. Also what is going to happen to the other kinds of 'Anwb redesign' signs?
MrAronymous no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 02:20 PM   #10427
snowdog
Speed freak

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:

I am curious of the 5% tickets issued by officers, but 18% not being speeding. Does it mean 13% red-light camera tickets? What other kinds of booby-traps are there?

Speed 8.4 mill, parking 668k, 220k redlight, 1 mill rest.

Document shows other data as well, the ''average speed camera zones''/''section control'' are in the bottom tables.

The A20 and A13 zones were down most of the year hence the low results.
The new section on the A4 near Leidschendam and the A2 between A'dam and Utrecht have been a big cash cow for the government.

Both are wide (2x3 and 2x5 lane respectively) motorways, who are flat, straight, and going through farm/grassland but have a silly 100km/h speed limit to satisfy NIMBY morons, and eco facists.

Last edited by snowdog; February 8th, 2014 at 02:30 PM.
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2014, 10:42 PM   #10428
Red85
AARRGGHH

Likes (Received): 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post

Speed 8.4 mill, parking 668k, 220k redlight, 1 mill rest.

Document shows other data as well, the ''average speed camera zones''/''section control'' are in the bottom tables.

The new section on the A4 near Leidschendam and the A2 between A'dam and Utrecht have been a big cash cow for the government.

Both are wide (2x3 and 2x5 lane respectively) motorways, who are flat, straight, and going through farm/grassland but have a silly 100km/h speed limit to satisfy NIMBY morons, and eco facists.
Really the only reason why these mother****ers are there. Money. And where speeding is dangerous, in urban area's, there isn't a camera or officer in miles around.
Red85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2014, 02:11 PM   #10429
lafreak84
Free Palestine

Likes (Received): 535

I thought speed cameras were set to trigger at 140km/h? I used to drive just under that in Rotterdam and never got a ticket.
lafreak84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #10430
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A9 second Muiden Bridge

The construction of the second Muiden Bridge across the Amsterdam-Rhine Canal began today. It is part of the new A9 bypass at the Diemen motorway interchange.

The new bridge will feature 9 lanes, 4 westbound, 2 reversible and 3 eastbound. It is part of the Schiphol-Amsterdam-Almere megaproject, and is part of the sub project A1/A6 Diemen - Almere which will be constructed between 2014 and 2020.

The exact dimensions of the bridge are not known, so I can only estimate them, the total span is circa 300 - 310 meters, and the main span is circa 165 meters. The clearance for shipping is 10 meters.

It is located approximately 150 meters south of the A1 Muiden Bridge.

In total 20 lanes cross the canal at this location.
Old February 10th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #10431
snowdog
Speed freak

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafreak84 View Post
I thought speed cameras were set to trigger at 140km/h? I used to drive just under that in Rotterdam and never got a ticket.
Quote:

If they'd work you'd get fines from 107 or 108 km/h iirc... ( or 87 in the 80 zone)

lafreak84 liked this post

Last edited by snowdog; February 11th, 2014 at 03:04 PM.
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2014, 06:45 PM   #10432
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A4 Delft - Schiedam

The A4 in Schiedam is progressing well.

photos by jb_nl

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Slagathor, snowdog liked this post
Old February 11th, 2014, 06:01 PM   #10433
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A4 Steenbergen

Aerial photo of the A4 at Steenbergen.

photo by Joop van Houdt

EPA001, Slagathor, Agnette liked this post
Old February 11th, 2014, 06:06 PM   #10434
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21249

What are planned autosnelwegen openings for 2014?
Old February 11th, 2014, 06:10 PM   #10435
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

A4 near Leiden should be fully opened with 2 aqueducts somewhere in this year. The A1 near Amsterdam widened to 2x4 lanes, the A10-South near Amsterdam-Zuidoost will be widened to 2x4 lanes ( both part of the huge SAA-project) and further along A10 finally the full capacity of the Coentunnel will be available along with an extra lane on the A8 just north of the tunnel
Highway-wise that's about it. So no real openings, but more widenings. 2015 will be a good year for new highways

http://www.wegenwiki.nl/Lijst_van_we...n_in_Nederland
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 10:19 PM   #10436
EPA001

Likes (Received): 5837

Also a small section of the A15 (Westbound Ridderster-Vaanplein) will be finalised this year.
"Atheism is more than just the knowledge that Gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature" - Carl Sagan
EPA001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 10:21 PM   #10437
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The Nijverdal Tunnel (N35) will also open to traffic in late 2014. It's the last national road that still runs through the main street of a town in the Netherlands. Even though the new road is not perfect (should be 2x2 + controlled access), it will be a big reliever.
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:06 PM   #10438
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Máxima Bridge, Alphen aan den Rijn

The construction of the Máxima Bridge has been approved by the Council of State. All appeals have been rejected.

The new bridge will span the Oude Rijn River in the northwestern part of Alphen aan den Rijn.

Slagathor, Agnette liked this post
Old February 13th, 2014, 03:19 PM   #10439
aswnl

Likes (Received): 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokiracer View Post
the A10-South near Amsterdam-Zuidoost will be widened to 2x4 lanes
You mean the A10-East.
aswnl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 04:06 PM   #10440
keokiracer