daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 23rd, 2015, 08:37 PM   #12261
da_scotty

Likes (Received): 791

The Dutch have a big split. A lot of people speak really good (mostly British) English, for example Frans Timmermans sounds like a native speaker. But somehow most politicians (with exceptions) always tend to speak horrid Dunglish. The speakers in the CNN-item are the latter.

Although accent-wise the Dutch may not be perfect, they are nearly all multi-langual, being almost always able to at least reply in English, in a basic form of French and basic-German

Wilhem275 liked this post
da_scotty no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2015, 09:05 PM   #12262
mappero
Co sie kryje za zakrętem?

Likes (Received): 520

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Another bridge across the Scheldt-Rhine Canal at Bath. It is unknown why they built a bridge wide enough for 4 lanes, there is almost no traffic. The road across it leads to nowhere. The traffic volume may possibly not exceed 300 vehicles per day. The road across it becomes the lowest standard paved agricultural road, less than 4 meters wide with no road markings.

Quite easy to realized that. It's quite progressive corridor, especially for traffic in between the Antwerpen <-> Zeeland. The is always a lot of traffic in the summer and Knooppunt Markiezaat is a bottleneck

Błędy na mapach w nawigacjach GPS i internecie

Been in: A, B, BIH, BR, C, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, F, FL, GB, GE, GBR, H, HR, I, L, LT, MC, MEX, MNE, N, NL, P, PL, RO, RD, RSM, S, SK, SLO, SRB, TR, UA, USA, V
Driven in: A, B, BIH, BR, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, F, FL, GB, GBR, H, HR, I, L, MC, MNE, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, SK, SRB, TR, USA

Suburbanist, Luki_SL liked this post
mappero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2015, 05:14 PM   #12263
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

A7/A8 Purmerend - Amsterdam

Quote:
The final environmental impact statement has been published for the construction of new shoulder lanes along A7 and A8 between Purmerend and Amsterdam.

The northbound shoulder lane will be extended south onto A8, to allow easier access and better evening rush hour traffic flow.

A new southbound shoulder lane will be constructed from Purmerend-Zuid to Oostzaan, merging into the Coenplein motorway interchange. It will be continuous through the Zaandam motorway interchange.

Reportedly no appeals were made against the final EIS. This means the project can go into construction phase without taking the Council of State route in court. The project is already awarded.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Henk liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2015, 05:20 PM   #12264
ChrisZwolle
Road user

N261 Tilburg - Waalwijk

New aerial photos of the N261 upgrade project.

1. The A59-N261 interchange, looking east along A59.

2. Same location, looking west along A59.

3. The Waalwijk interchange.

4. The Kaatsheuvel interchange.

5. The Efteling interchange.

6. Looking north along N261, towards A59.

All photos from Airpro Waalwijk Facebook page.
Old March 25th, 2015, 12:01 PM   #12265
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Stating the obvious... A red cross means lane closed. Rijkswaterstaat started a new campaign to battle drivers who drive on closed lanes. Apperently, Highways Agency in the UK also launced such a campaign.

Old March 25th, 2015, 12:10 PM   #12266
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Good luck with that sign

I think a big part of the problem are those lanes closed for... well, the usual political reasons we discussed many times. People see an empty and functional lane and they vote with their feet driving on it no matter what.

Insisting with this "fake closed lane" policy will create dangerous situations, because drivers will never trust the red cross sign, even if it's on for actual dangers or roadworks.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 12:43 PM   #12267
Slagathor
Gay love is love too

Likes (Received): 6162

I concur. It's pointless.
Slagathor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 01:29 PM   #12268
KIWIKAAS

Likes (Received): 751

I saw those signs on the A12 (Zoetermeer-Gouda) at the weekend.
The colour used is the old fashioned 1970's dark blue instead of the newer lighter blue.
KIWIKAAS está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 01:32 PM   #12269
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17448

This sign looks old fashioned at all
Old March 25th, 2015, 01:53 PM   #12270
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A6, Almere

A video presenting the A6 expansion in Almere, which will start in 2017. The video comes with English subtitles.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

EPA001 liked this post
Old March 25th, 2015, 03:15 PM   #12271
Des
Traveller

Likes (Received): 806

Quote:
A video presenting the A6 expansion in Almere, which will start in 2017. The video comes with English subtitles. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJdrf5lCHEI">YouTube Link</a>
When will they finally extend A6 Almere to Lelystad to 2x3?
Old March 25th, 2015, 03:25 PM   #12272
ChrisZwolle
Road user

That is planned as well, but only after the SAA project is completed in 2022. It's a relatively easy widening that could likely be done in one year.
Old March 25th, 2015, 06:01 PM   #12273
da_scotty

Likes (Received): 791

What I wonder is why don't the make a pictogram of the Red cross on a black background instead of saying "red X".... (just like the matrix signs).

Then the sign would make (just a little) more sense.
Old March 25th, 2015, 06:09 PM   #12274
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I have a feeling that motorists who ignore a big red X above the lane also tend to ignore such nanny signs.

More importantly, some Rijkswaterstaat motorway inspectors now also have the legal power to stop such motorists and issue fines.
Old March 25th, 2015, 07:54 PM   #12275
TrojaA
ß-Retter

Likes (Received): 341

I think they'll still ignore it, because I assume most of them don't ignore them willfully. They drive while they're distracted -since the fine for ignoring is 230€ and that's not that cheap.

They will place those signs along the A1, A12, A20, A27, A28 and the A67. (Currently they only placed them along the A12, according to this source: http://www.rtvnh.nl/nieuws/161685/ni...ijstrook-dicht)
TrojaA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 08:35 PM   #12276
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
I think the meaning of that sign should even be clear for Germans driving to NL for buying dope. DICHT

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

TrojaA liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2015, 05:27 PM   #12277
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A lot of tall falsework is erected to build the new 255 meter long arch bridge of the Flevo Line railway that will span the A1 motorway adjacent to the Muiderberg motorway interchange. It may be the biggest rail bridge across a motorway. The bridge is being constructed near the motorway, and will then be positioned across the motorway during a short-term closure.

EPA001 liked this post
Old March 30th, 2015, 05:29 PM   #12278
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Is there a figure of the bridge (alone) cost?

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 04:31 PM   #12279
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A windstorm is affecting the Netherlands today. Quite a number of trucks were blown over.

N50 near Kampen:

http://www.rtvoost.nl/nieuws/default...d=214498&cat=1

EPA001 liked this post
Old April 2nd, 2015, 04:25 PM   #12280
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A1, Apeldoorn

The minister of infrastructure has signed the final EIS for the reconstuction of the Beekbergen interchange and minor widening of A1. It will be released on 15 April.

The plan consists of one new auxiliary lane in each direction along A1 between Apeldoorn-Zuid and Beekbergen Interchange (A1/A50), and a direct connector from east to south at the Beekbergen interchange to accommodate the heavy flow of trucks.

The current traffic volume on A1 between Apeldoorn-Zuid and Beekbergen is 77,000 vehicles per day.

This was the plan from the draft EIS:

EPA001, snowdog liked this post

Tags
congestion, dutch, friesland, highways, motorways, netherlands