daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 31st, 2015, 02:51 PM   #12881
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Is there any exact date when the section was rededicated, 1st November?

A15: rededication Oostvoorne – Rozenburg 15km (2015) – ? – map
It happened last night, so I'd put it on today (oct 31st)
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2015, 08:07 AM   #12882
KIWIKAAS

Likes (Received): 755

Good move. I always found it strange that that stretch remained N status while the road has been A grade for the last 9 or 10 years.
KIWIKAAS está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2015, 10:46 AM   #12883
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19427

The N15 was built to a motorway profile, with regular shoulders along most of its length. The most substandard section is around the Suurhoff Bridge, which is basically a giant S-curve with no shoulders.

Traffic is usually quite light west of the N57 interchange. It drops after each exit. Especially in this part of the Port of Rotterdam, where most industries are large but don't require that much staff, so there's only some more traffic when shifts end.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2015, 02:22 PM   #12884
snowdog
Speed freak

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesstoop View Post
People like Snowdog are exactly the reason why we need section control. (In case anyone was wondering.)
why on earth would you want national speed limits on motorways, about half of the motorways in Germany are unlimited:

http://www.autobahnatlas-online.de/Limitkarte.pdf
http://www.autobahnatlas-online.de/LegendeLimit.pdf

And all is fine there, you can actually focus on driving instead of on some stupid limitation by stupid people who force their views/limitations on someone else.

I refuse to comply with some rules, a speed limit on motorways is one of them, it isn't the governments place to decide that imo.
Quote:
take it you also speed up a bit at every exit (the section control consists of 3 sections and at each exit you're between sections)?
Nope, flitsnav says it's 6 zones, can't be bothered to risk to find out tbh.
Quote:
Maybe you should see a psychologist about it
Because I refuse to conform to some nonsense like some stupid sheep ? Just because something is a law doesn't make it right ( I could name numerous examples from the past).

But anyhow, besides being to stubborn to comply to some nonsense, you have to make up for the lost time on that stretch somehow.

Sentilj liked this post

Last edited by snowdog; November 1st, 2015 at 02:27 PM.
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2015, 02:30 PM   #12885
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
Nope, flitsnav says it's 6 zones, can't be bothered to risk to find out tbh.
Are you sure that you have the latest Flitsnav version then? Because I'm 100% sure there are only 3 sections (there used to be 6, but with the partial 130 and 100 during the night some sections aren't 'controllable' any more). Just so you know, Masterdam (a name that no one will know here but you do) does this on a regular basis and he's never received a fine in the section control there. See this video for example
Old November 1st, 2015, 02:36 PM   #12886
snowdog
Speed freak

Likes (Received): 92

Hmm thanks, I didn't really read into that, so can just do 130 between the exit and onramp without being fined. That would save a lot of irritation!

Since the average speed checks on the A4 and the overall chaos on the roads ( A20, A13 and A4), the A13>A4 is a worse route to A'dam from R'dam than A20>A12>A2. Despite the horrible A2 stretch.
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2015, 02:53 PM   #12887
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
Hmm thanks, I didn't really read into that, so can just do 130 between the exit and onramp without being fined. That would save a lot of irritation!
Yep, just check as to which gantry the cameras are hooked onto I'm 100% sure about Vinkeveen, a bit less sure about Breukelen. But I'm sure someone on Flitsservice could clear that up for you
Same on the A4 btw, I've never overtaken so many people as on the A4 Leidschendam-Leiden as for some reason people seem to think that the section control continues all the way through Hoogmade or something like that
Old November 2nd, 2015, 05:04 PM   #12888
radamfi

Likes (Received): 58

Are there any statistics comparing accident rates where there are average speed cameras compared to other areas? I pass through average speed cameras a lot in the UK, especially where there are roadworks keeping the limit to 50 mph. I would suggest that it is easier to stick to the limit in these places without worrying too much about looking at the speedometer (not that I would recommend that), as all you have to do is go the same speed as everyone else.
radamfi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2015, 05:46 PM   #12889
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Noord-Brabant

North Brabant province published a plan for the improvement of mobility in the province (and partially also in Limburg province).

Their wish list:

* ITS along the regional motorway and highway system. € 125 million
* A58 widening Eindhoven - Tilburg 2x3 + southern side of Breda 2x3. € 420 million
* A67 Leenderheide - Geldrop 2x3. € 60 million
* A67 Geldrop - Asten 2x3. € 135 million
* A2 Batadorp - De Hogt (west side of Eindhoven). Widening 3 lanes southbound. € 30 million
* A2 Leenderheide - Weert-Noord, possible widening. € 30 (initial funding, by far not enough to fund a widening to 2x3)
* N279 expansion projects. € 265 million

Plus a few small improvements, mainly interchange improvements along A67.

Complete plan: € 1150 million, including € 395 million paid for by the provinces.

The ITS project is a bit vague. It has a lot of fancy buzzwords like 'smart mobility' or 'intelligent' or 'smart roads', and some kind of 'innovative lane' along the to-be-widened A58.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

EPA001, Aumgn, Luki_SL liked this post
Old November 3rd, 2015, 06:53 PM   #12890
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21257

Yet no news whatsoever on building N65 into A65
Old November 3rd, 2015, 07:16 PM   #12891
da_scotty

Likes (Received): 792

There are plans for the most troubled part around Vught, this in combination with the new free-flow/tunnels of the Den Bosch-Eindhoven/Tilburg Railway lines. Nothing definete yet though.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 09:30 PM   #12892
Suburbanist
on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_scotty View Post
There are plans for the most troubled part around Vught, this in combination with the new free-flow/tunnels of the Den Bosch-Eindhoven/Tilburg Railway lines. Nothing definete yet though.
A-status is not the most important thing, grade-separated lanes are. Here is something I didn't understand: they spent a lot of money to upgrade N261 to expressway. That provides an access to Tilburg and, fully opened and coupled with the 2013-complet ring road, makes use of N65 a bit redundant for people departing from Tilbrg and going to 's-Hertogenbosch or points beyond. N65, however, is a more critical link because, if upgraded, could provide a free-flowing route from Nijmegen to Breda (and Belgium.

N65 has what I believe to be some of the most dangerous level crossing in Netherlands: https://goo.gl/maps/2UGjUkN52J42 (Google Street View)

Upgrading N65 will not be so easy, though, because there are several building very close to the ROW and some abutting it, contrary to the previous situation on N261 where the problem was only grade separation, not ROW.
Old November 4th, 2015, 05:46 PM   #12893
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A9, Amstelveen

A couple of aerial photos of A9 through the city of Amstelveen, just south of Amsterdam. This segment of A9, from Holendrecht (A2) to Badhoevedorp (A4) will be widened to 2x4 lanes. The average traffic is approximately 130,000 vehicles per day.

The works are planned from 2019 to 2026, I'm not sure why it would take 7 years. A segment of A9 near the old center of Amstelveen will be built below grade. It was originally planned as a tunnel, but the municipality of Amstelveen could not provide the € 100 million it had pledged for the construction of the tunnel.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Batavier, Attus, EPA001, Luki_SL, 8166UY and 1 others liked this post
Old November 5th, 2015, 08:42 AM   #12894
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 849

I'm betting that segment of the new below-grade A9 through the centre of Amstelveen may allow for a future covering-up with greenspace at a later date.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2015, 03:33 PM   #12895
ChrisZwolle
Road user

speed limits

19 more stretches of motorway will go up to 130 km/h in 2016. Most of these are 24/7 limited at 130 km/h. This eliminates some of the stretches where 130 is currently only allowed between 1900 and 0600 hours.

Starting 5 February 2016, these stretches will go up to 130 km/h.
Old November 5th, 2015, 05:08 PM   #12896
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A15 Ressen - Zevenaar

A draft environmental impact statement is expected soon on the A15 extension south of Arnhem. It will run from the Ressen motorway interchange to A12.

An overview:

1. Widening A15 Valburg (A50) - Ressen (A325): 2x3 lanes
2. new interchange A15 Bemmel
3. crossing over the Betuwe Route freight railroad
4. Bridge across the Pannerden Canal (Rhine)
5. semi-depressed curve near Groessen
6. crossing under the Arnhem - Oberhausen railroad
7. new interchange Duiven / Zevenaar
8. widening of A12 Duiven - Oud-Dijk (A18): 2x3 lanes
9. new motorway interchange Oudbroeken (A12/A15)
10. eliminating exit 29 Zevenaar
11. new interchange Zevenaar-Oost (east).
Old November 8th, 2015, 07:30 PM   #12897
DSzumaher
Infra's user

Likes (Received): 9738

This is my first time in the NL and this thread. I have a little knowledge about all Dutch, so I apologize for the mistakes, but it can at least be fun watching.

Not yet warm up, and already the bouwplaats as badly as in Germany.

Express lanes in Eindhoven.

If you liked it, maybe something else will come up.
Old November 8th, 2015, 07:45 PM   #12898
Suburbanist
on the road

A2 is a nice road. Did you capture more videos?
Old November 9th, 2015, 03:07 AM   #12899
GorbazTheDragon

Likes (Received): 1

Wow, this threw me back to when I lived in Zuidhorn (Groningen) as a child. After travelling to quite a lot of other places, I've been more and more impressed by the infrastructure of the Netherlands, especially the road and rail network.

Was visiting TU Delft earlier this month, and had a peek at the A4 Delft-Kethelplein section (sorry no pictures), quite an impressive project (bypasses the awkward set of lights at Plaspoelpolder for Den Haag-R'dam transit). Especially nice to see the last pieces of the puzzle being put together, and now moving to improvements to existing roads, like the A9 Badhoevedorp and A1 Muiden.

Quite a contrast to Chile, where I lived for 7 years.
GorbazTheDragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2015, 11:28 AM   #12900
Slagathor
Gay love is love too

Likes (Received): 6169

The geography if Chile is infinitely more interesting though.
Slagathor no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
congestion, dutch, friesland, highways, motorways, netherlands