daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 25th, 2008, 09:50 AM   #1821
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19413

1.300 kilometers of traffic jam. More traffic jam than many countries have motorways!

[IMG]http://i33.************/2ev56yo.jpg[/IMG]
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2008, 02:48 PM   #1822
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

That's the TomTom source of course, how many kms does (did) the ANWB show?
Old November 25th, 2008, 03:48 PM   #1823
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

1,298 km? Is that the record?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 03:59 PM   #1824
enschede-er
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

yeah , It's a very trouble here in the netherlands so much accidents
enschede-er no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 04:23 PM   #1825
Timon91
Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
1,298 km? Is that the record?
The official record is somewhere around 950 kms, but that is the ANWB, which records all motorway jams. The TomTom service records all jams, so also on the non-motorway roads, and that adds up, really. So I don't think it was a record today.
Old November 25th, 2008, 07:45 PM   #1826
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Actually, ANWB/VID/Rijkswaterstaat get their information mostly from detection in the roadways. These are densely spaced apart in the Randstad, but there are still major stretches without proper traffic jam detection, so TomTom also has more motorway traffic jams. TomTom recieves it's information from cell phone signals.
Old November 25th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #1827
Timon91
Error

That is the most accurate way, probably. Do you know how many km's the ANWB service reported this morning?
Old November 25th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #1828
ChrisZwolle
Road user

About 500 kilometers. Very busy, I think we had only 15 - 20 rushhours with more kilometers in the ANWB measuring way.
Old November 25th, 2008, 08:07 PM   #1829
Timon91
Error

And of course this was a morning rush hour, normally the afternoon/evening/night rush hours are the busiest.

We can expect lots of jams tomorrow, they said on the radio. It's going to freeze again so the roads will get slippery again. I have an early start tomorrow morning, so I guess that I'll have broken both knees and elbows when I finally get to school
Old November 25th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #1830
mgk920
Nonhyphenated-American

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
The pics of my bike trip, around the southern part of interchange Holendrecht.

Map:

[IMG]http://i37.************/2nqbii9.jpg[/IMG]
Are/were there any plans to connect the A9 (from the west) at the A2 with the A6 at the A1 and if so, what is its status?

Mike
mgk920 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 09:32 PM   #1831
ChrisZwolle
Road user

There were plans for decades, but it became stalled. They proposed a new tunnel recently (a tunnel that would go "under" the Naarder Lake [In reality, the A6-A9 passes north of this lake, but not in the imagination of many eco clubs]), but was cancelled. Now they're opting to widen all motorways in the Amsterdam region and reconstruct some interchanges. The A1 would get 2 reversible lanes and 5 regular lanes, so that makes 7 lanes of traffic in the rushhour direction.
Old November 25th, 2008, 09:33 PM   #1832
Timon91
Error

The minister still got the plans for the A6/A9 connection to have another look at it. So there is still a chance
Old November 26th, 2008, 06:39 PM   #1833
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Some news about the A1:

Preliminary funding becomes available; 44 million euros for short term solutions between Apeldoorn and Deventer. In the further future, it's needed to widen the A1 from Apeldoorn to Deventer to 2x4 lanes (2x2+peak hr lanes currently) and 2x3 from Deventer to Hengelo (2x2 currently). The growth of truck traffic will cause a 24/7 line of jammed trucks in 2020, according to calculations.

An additional 200 - 400 million euros is needed for structural solutions for this 45 kilometer stretch of freeway.
Old November 26th, 2008, 06:47 PM   #1834
ChrisZwolle
Road user

140 kilometers of traffic jam in the vicinity of Rotterdam alone.

The whole region seems gridlocked.
[IMG]http://i37.************/16kw379.png[/IMG]

Amsterdam suffers from over 200 kilometers of traffic jam.
[IMG]http://i34.************/219nk8n.jpg[/IMG]

Utrecht ain't much better.
[IMG]http://i34.************/jrpglu.jpg[/IMG]
Old November 26th, 2008, 09:27 PM   #1835
ABRob

Likes (Received): 1

where do you get that? A website (link?)?
ABRob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 09:30 PM   #1836
ChrisZwolle
Road user

http://www.tomtom.com/hdtraffic/

Belgium and Germany are not yet implemented in the High Definition traffic, but are expected to follow in the near future.
Old November 26th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #1837
Timon91
Error

I could see this traffic from my work; the whole city is stuck with cut through traffic
Old November 27th, 2008, 03:26 AM   #1838
CborG
Rick Bakker

Likes (Received): 372

In the news today:

Article in Dutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Eindhovens Dagblad

Akkoord over ruit rond Eindhoven

door Rob Burg. woensdag 26 november 2008 | 09:54 | Laatst bijgewerkt op: woensdag 26 november 2008 | 11:31

DEN BOSCH - De ruit rond Eindhoven komt er. Minister Eurlings van verkeer noemt de voltooiing van de ruit een 'nationaal speerpunt'. De verkenning, waarin nut en noodzaak van de ruit is beschreven, is woensdag door de kamer vastgesteld. Het bereikbaar houden van Brainport is van landelijk belang.

'Bij één incident ligt de hele economie hier plat', zei Eurlings tijdens een recent werkbezoek aan Noord-Brabant. De minister steunt dan ook de plannen van de regio en de provincie om de bereikbaarheid van Zuidoost-Brabant de komende jaren te verbeteren, onder meer met de aanleg van een nieuwe verbindingsweg tussen Eindhoven-noord en de N279 bij Helmond, de zogenoemde grote ruit. Hoeveel geld er naar de regio gaat, is nog niet bekend.

Eurlings heeft voor een zestal knelpunten in het wegennet 1,36 miljard euro gereserveerd. De provincie en het Samenwerkingsverband Regio Eindhoven verwachten dat hiervan een 'substantieel bedrag' naar de regio gaat.

Gedeputeerde Cora van Nieuwenhuizen (verkeer, VVD): "We hebben veel over geld gesproken, er is alleen nog niet afgerekend. Het belangrijkste blijft echter dat je als regio op de zeef ligt van een paar projecten. We horen erbij."

Behalve de voltooiing van de ruit, wordt ook het netwerk van hov-lijnen (hoogfrequente busverbindingen) uitgebreid en komen er twee natuurbruggen. Verder zijn er plannen voor een nieuw station in Acht. Vandaaruit moeten ook hov-lijnen komen naar Eindhoven Airport en het centraal station.

Short translation:

"The beltway around Eindhoven will be completed. Minister Eurlings of Infrastructure and Transport called the completion of the beltway and keeping the economicly important Eindhoven region accessible a case of "national importance." The minister therefore supports the local plans of the province to improve the accessiblity of the region. The plans include a new connection between the A58, north of Eindhoven, and the N279 near Helmond and improvement of public transport."

It's great news but i'm not quite sure though if the current plans for an eastern beltway are included:

Old November 27th, 2008, 09:30 AM   #1839
kosimodo
Mapmaker

Likes (Received): 372

LOL

Haarlemmermeeraansluiting.

Anybody??
kosimodo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2008, 10:32 AM   #1840
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A Haarlemmermeeraansluiting is the Dutch name for a diamond exit. Normally the most simple exit layout.

Tags
congestion, dutch, friesland, highways, motorways, netherlands