daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old February 13th, 2009, 12:20 PM   #4661
lpioe
Registered User
 
lpioe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,141
Likes (Received): 18

No, the article talks about the situation at the moment, not in 2018.
__________________




3ds Max Script to create stadium stands for given c-values


my stadium designs (all WIP / unfinished...)

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

lpioe no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #4662
Aka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,382
Likes (Received): 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
That article is rather amusing, though. It seems to be a translation and I rather suspect that it is a translation from Spanish or Portuguese.
It's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
It implies that the English bid is compromised by the fact that it only has one stadium with a capacity of 90,000+ and that it is further compromised by the fact that four of its stadiums are in London.
It doesn't. It even says that there are 3 stadiums in Seville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
The article neglects to mention the fact that Spain / Portugal also has only one stadium with a capacity of 90,000+.
So what? The minimum is 80.000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
It also neglects to mention that it has cited 3 stadiums in Seville
Does it? I think you should read it again.
Aka no está en línea  
Old February 13th, 2009, 02:10 PM   #4663
RobH
Registered User
 
RobH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London-ish
Posts: 12,767
Likes (Received): 10315

If it's not a translation it's very, very poor English.
RobH no está en línea  
Old February 13th, 2009, 02:13 PM   #4664
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
I don't think so.

It just means that, at things stand, only USA, England and Spain / Portugal already comply with FIFA requirements. In other words, they have at least one stadium of 80,000+ and at least 12 stadiums of 40,000+.


England has 12 stadia with 40,000+ in place that meet FIFA requirements?
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old February 13th, 2009, 02:27 PM   #4665
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK
 
www.sercan.de's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 27,950
Likes (Received): 2717

What a crappy article.
so much written but no clue
hwo cares about current stadiums?
Even capacity of La Cartuja or Pizuan Sanchez is wrong
__________________
International titles of Galatasaray SK
UEFA Europa League (1): 2000
UEFA Super Cup (1): 2000

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (1): 2017
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014
www.sercan.de no está en línea  
Old February 13th, 2009, 02:46 PM   #4666
=NaNdA=
Liverpool holic
 
=NaNdA='s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anfield Stadium
Posts: 9,628
Likes (Received): 642

what's the source of that article?
=NaNdA= no está en línea  
Old February 13th, 2009, 02:50 PM   #4667
JimB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,018
Likes (Received): 4786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
It's not.
How do you know that the article isn't a translation from Spanish or Portuguese? It was most certainly not written by someone whose first language is English. It looks as though it has been translated on the internet. And it is heavily biased towards the Spain / Portugal bid. So it seems logical and likely that it was written originally in Portuguese or Spanish.

Quote:
It doesn't. It even says that there are 3 stadiums in Seville.
I suggest that you read the article again. It states: "English reduces the supply is only 10 to 12 stages since four of them are in London". The point being that the article places far greater emphasis on the fact that London has four stadiums than it does on the fact that Seville has three, Madrid has three, Barcelona has three and Valencia two.

Quote:
So what? The minimum is 80.000.
Yes. I know. However, the article says, "England currently has 12 stadiums with 40,000 or more seats, but can only provide one with greater capacity to 90,000 seats, the new Wembley Stadium". The use of the words "but" and "only" clearly (and wrongly) implies that the Spain / Portugal bid is superior in that respect.

Quote:
Does it? I think you should read it again.
I know perfectly well what the article said. It's interesting that you felt the need to edit my post selectively. I wrote that the article, "neglects to mention that it has cited 3 stadiums in Seville, 3 in Madrid, 3 in Barcelona and 2 in Valencia". To clarify, I wasn't making a specific point about Seville. I was making a point about Seville, Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia combined.

Besides, as sercan has said, the article is utterly worthless because it is so comically full of inaccuracies. It's not worth our further attention.
JimB está en línea ahora  
Old February 13th, 2009, 02:53 PM   #4668
JimB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,018
Likes (Received): 4786

Quote:
Originally Posted by =NaNdA= View Post
what's the source of that article?
The author's arse would be my guess.
JimB está en línea ahora  
Old February 13th, 2009, 02:56 PM   #4669
JimB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,018
Likes (Received): 4786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
England has 12 stadia with 40,000+ in place that meet FIFA requirements?
I doubt it. I was only speculating as to what the author meant.

England does currently have twelve 40K+ all seater stadia. But most of them would require some degree of work. And some of them won't even feature in the eventual bid.
JimB está en línea ahora  
Old February 13th, 2009, 03:03 PM   #4670
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
I doubt it. I was only speculating as to what the author meant.

England does currently have twelve 40K+ all seater stadia. But most of them would require some degree of work. And some of them won't even feature in the eventual bid.
South Africa's 2010 LOC Venue Manager was part of editing and writing and the setting of FIFA's technical requirements for world cup venues since pre 2006 they were sketchy in some areas.
So if a tunnel/entrance needs to be moved we know at least one person to blame.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old February 13th, 2009, 03:42 PM   #4671
Aka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,382
Likes (Received): 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
How do you know that the article isn't a translation from Spanish or Portuguese? It was most certainly not written by someone whose first language is English. It looks as though it has been translated on the internet. And it is heavily biased towards the Spain / Portugal bid. So it seems logical and likely that it was written originally in Portuguese or Spanish.
Because he also posted it in English in the Portuguese Forum... and he's Portuguese. Yet you have to ask him to clarify the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
I suggest that you read the article again. It states: "English reduces the supply is only 10 to 12 stages since four of them are in London". The point being that the article places far greater emphasis on the fact that London has four stadiums than it does on the fact that Seville has three, Madrid has three, Barcelona has three and Valencia two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
Yes. I know. However, the article says, "England currently has 12 stadiums with 40,000 or more seats, but can only provide one with greater capacity to 90,000 seats, the new Wembley Stadium". The use of the words "but" and "only" clearly (and wrongly) implies that the Spain / Portugal bid is superior in that respect.
It's interesting for you to say that, because you're almost doing the same thing. You're emphasizing some comments about the English bid and forgetting others like:

"with overwhelming area of the United States, which have an offer that "destroy" all the competition, with over a hundred stages of "eligible"

"On the proposal Iberian Portuguese, Stadium of Light (65,000), Dragon (52,200) and Alvalade (50,000) have recent experience of Euro2004 and meet the manning proposal by FIFA, but none of them is capable, according to the number of minutes to the two games of media World."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
I know perfectly well what the article said. It's interesting that you felt the need to edit my post selectively.
Of course I did. What's the point on quoting something I'm not going to talk about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
I wrote that the article, "neglects to mention that it has cited 3 stadiums in Seville, 3 in Madrid, 3 in Barcelona and 2 in Valencia". To clarify, I wasn't making a specific point about Seville. I was making a point about Seville, Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia combined.
The problem with the article is that they consider that more than one city can have two stadiums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
Besides, as sercan has said, the article is utterly worthless because it is so comically full of inaccuracies. It's not worth our further attention.
Guess what: I was the first one to call it stupid in the Portuguese Forum - long before you did it - since it will only matter at the end of 2017.
Aka no está en línea  
Old February 13th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #4672
JimB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,018
Likes (Received): 4786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
It's interesting for you to say that, because you're almost doing the same thing. You're emphasizing some comments about the English bid and forgetting others like:

"with overwhelming area of the United States, which have an offer that "destroy" all the competition, with over a hundred stages of "eligible"

"On the proposal Iberian Portuguese, Stadium of Light (65,000), Dragon (52,200) and Alvalade (50,000) have recent experience of Euro2004 and meet the manning proposal by FIFA, but none of them is capable, according to the number of minutes to the two games of media World."
Eh? I didn't mention the USA bid because it's not relevant. Either 2018 or 2022 will be held in Europe. Consequently, the only bids that are competing against England are Spain / Portugal, Holland / Belgium and Russia. As to what the author wrote about Portugal, I didn't comment because there were no inaccuracies or inconsistencies for me to point out or correct.

Quote:
Of course I did. What's the point on quoting something I'm not going to talk about?
But it's not okay to change the meaning of what I had written by selective editing. It merely reduces you to setting up a "straw man argument".

Quote:
The problem with the article is that they consider that more than one city can have two stadiums.



Guess what: I was the first one to call it stupid in the Portuguese Forum - long before you did it - since it will only matter at the end of 2017.
Well, I'm glad that we can agree on both those points at least!
JimB está en línea ahora  
Old February 14th, 2009, 03:38 AM   #4673
chivas11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7
Likes (Received): 0

Mexico 2018
ESTADIO AZTECA
[IMG]

ESTADIO JALISCO(old chivas stadium)
http://www.fussballtempel.net/concacaf/MEX/Jalisco.jpg[/IMG]
ESTADIO CHIVAS NEW

[IMG]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8295/chivasstadiumsc9.jpg[/IMG

ESTADIO VICTORIA

ESTADIo CUATHEMOC

estadio CU

POSSIBLE MONTERREY STADIUM FOR MONTERREY,TIGRES,AND MEXICAN NATIONAL TEAM..PLANNED

ESTADIO CLUB MONTERREY

ESTADIO TIGRES UNIVERSITARIO

ESTADIO INDIOS ARENA


ESTADIO CORONA

theres more ..pics of these stadiums if u wanna see more ill put some more..
chivas11 no está en línea  
Old February 14th, 2009, 04:19 AM   #4674
=NaNdA=
Liverpool holic
 
=NaNdA='s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anfield Stadium
Posts: 9,628
Likes (Received): 642

wow.. great stadium..
=NaNdA= no está en línea  
Old February 14th, 2009, 04:21 AM   #4675
Bobby3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,267
Likes (Received): 52

I'd expect them to put forth Azul as a second Mexico DF stadium instead of two GDL if they did a double city.
Bobby3 no está en línea  
Old February 14th, 2009, 05:12 AM   #4676
Carrerra
Registered User
 
Carrerra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pohang
Posts: 1,452
Likes (Received): 22

My forecast :

(WC)
2018 -> England
2022 -> South Korea
2026 -> Egypt
2030 -> Russia

(Euro)
2016 -> Turkey
2020 -> France
2024 -> Italy
Carrerra no está en línea  
Old February 14th, 2009, 11:33 AM   #4677
JimB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,018
Likes (Received): 4786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrerra View Post
My forecast :

(WC)
2018 -> England
2022 -> South Korea
2026 -> Egypt
2030 -> Russia

(Euro)
2016 -> Turkey
2020 -> France
2024 -> Italy
Haha! Nice try. But not a snowball's chance in hell!

Australia and China will both host the World Cup in Asia before either Japan or South Korea get it again.
JimB está en línea ahora  
Old February 14th, 2009, 08:02 PM   #4678
chivas11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7
Likes (Received): 0

ESTADIO AZTECA>






AZUL PLANS TO MAKE IT BETTER


ESTADIO JALISCO
[IMG]http://i24.************/jrv8sx.jpg[/IMG]

image hosted on flickr



ESTADIO CHIVAS NEWWW




ESTADIO SAN LUIS

ESTADIO VICTORIA



ESTADIO MONTERREY INTERNACIONAL




ESTADIO CLUB MONTERREY



ESTADIO TIGRES

ESTADIO CUATHEMOC PUEBLA
image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


ESTADIO UNIVERSITARIO DF

image hosted on flickr


ESTADIO INDIOS ARENA


TELL ME WAT U THINK
ALL OF THESE ARE GOING TO BE ROMODELED
AND NEWS ONES ARE BEING MADE
chivas11 no está en línea  
Old February 14th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #4679
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous
 
-Corey-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 16,218
Likes (Received): 5222

Most of them are nice but Estadio Azteca is so ugly :S
__________________

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea  
Old February 14th, 2009, 11:04 PM   #4680
chivas11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7
Likes (Received): 0

well azteca is a good stadium just needs a little of remodeling..and paint..
its huge..
the second biggest in da worl
estadio jalisco is nice..!!
chivas de guadalajara..a strong mexican team plays there
image hosted on flickr


chivas11 no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu