daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old March 23rd, 2009, 07:13 PM   #4801
Outcaster

Likes (Received): 0

Russia - 2018
i wanna see world cup in my city
But in FIFA very many politicians & they give WC England, Indonesia or Australia (coz only in Australia continent hasn't WC)
Outcaster no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2009, 07:28 PM   #4802
Its AlL gUUd
Cute but Psycho...

Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
As you hoped kiwibrit pointed out . Your population example was dumb, because you based it on the fact that if a country wins the world cup it makes there culture superior. I based it on the fact that if a lesser country in terms of population consistently punches harder than a superior country, there is more to it than just coincidence. As is the case with England and The netherlands
you haven't read my post again i don't know where u get these assumptions from.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 09:05 PM   #4803
bigbossman

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka
Don't you think this is becoming too much off-topic?
In a way it's relevant because surely size of football culture should be a major determining factor when deciding where the world cup is hosted??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its AlL gUUd View Post
you haven't read my post again i don't know where u get these assumptions from.
I get the assumptions from the fact that you implied that my example was based upon winning tournaments, and you used the USA winning the world cup as an example of thiss. When the crux was about countries with smaller populations punching above their weight, thus indicating luck or a superior football culture. The USA was totally irrelevant to the nature of the debate and you brought them in.

Quote:
Yet i would still say England is a big football nation, bigger then Holland. Performance of the national team alone doesn't determine that. I'd say even before Spain won the Euros Spain was a bigger footballing nation then Holland even tho Holland had a better record at international level. Its like saying if USA won the next world cup they would be a bigger Football nation the England which is obviously not true
bigbossman no está en línea  
Old March 23rd, 2009, 09:14 PM   #4804
antigoon99

Likes (Received): 31

i hope it goes the Belgium/The Netherlands, the UK already has the olympic 2012, that should be enough...
Old March 23rd, 2009, 09:26 PM   #4805
Aka

Likes (Received): 145

Quote:
In a way it's relevant because surely size of football culture should be a major determining factor when deciding where the world cup is hosted??
I don't know. To be honest all of you seem to be discussing who has the bigger dick.

England? The Netherlands? Italy? Germany? Spain? The US? The biggest football nation is Brazil and that's it.
Aka no está en línea  
Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:26 PM   #4806
seattle92

Likes (Received): 2852

Quote:
England wouldn't have won the world cup if it wasn't in England simple as (I know ifs and buts). So many controversial things happened during that world cup to Englands rivals. But obviously the propaganda machine is working LOL.
Come to mind that great semi final against Portugal, that was supose to be played in one city, but was changed at the last minute by the organization. They made the portuguese team to cross the country by train in the day of the match. So that England could stay and rest in London.

That way is easy to win things...
seattle92 no está en línea  
Old March 24th, 2009, 12:20 AM   #4807
bigbossman

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle92 View Post
Come to mind that great semi final against Portugal, that was supose to be played in one city, but was changed at the last minute by the organization. They made the portuguese team to cross the country by train in the day of the match. So that England could stay and rest in London.

That way is easy to win things...
I thought it was the quarter final against argentina, it might've been both games actually.

But yeah it's amazing how things are swept under the carpet
Old March 24th, 2009, 12:21 AM   #4808
bigbossman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
I don't know. To be honest all of you seem to be discussing who has the bigger dick.
lol well i'm English, so i am slating my own "dick"

Quote:
England? The Netherlands? Italy? Germany? Spain? The US? The biggest football nation is Brazil and that's it.
agreed, closely followed by the argies
Old March 24th, 2009, 01:29 AM   #4809
Its AlL gUUd
Cute but Psycho...

Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
I get the assumptions from the fact that you implied that my example was based upon winning tournaments, and you used the USA winning the world cup as an example of thiss. When the crux was about countries with smaller populations punching above their weight, thus indicating luck or a superior football culture. The USA was totally irrelevant to the nature of the debate and you brought them in.
no, u made that assumption by yourself way before my posts. I never stated England is a bigger footballing nation compared to Holland because they won more trophies(or lack of) at international level, that would be you who keep bringing this up. i've suggested national team performance alone doesn't determine footballing culture. England is a bigger football nation for many other reasons.

but like i said some of the English media are trash, you shouldn't read The Sun. Suggesting England are world beaters with lazy and incompetent journalism and then slaughtering them quite ridiculously (e.g personal attacks on players) at every opportunity. But i don't expect any less from trash like that.

oh and im not fully English.
Old March 24th, 2009, 06:58 AM   #4810
JYDA

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizzy View Post
why you being so anti-english? you a yank lover or something?
Quote:
i dislike americans as much as the next man, mainly down to their ignorance with regards to Football!

Well thanks for proving your yank-hating worthiness to the troll
JYDA no está en línea  
Old March 24th, 2009, 07:18 AM   #4811
Aka

Likes (Received): 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle92 View Post
Liverpool.

Portugal had the right to play at their headquarters since they had won more points than England (4-0-0 against 3-1-0).
Aka no está en línea  
Old March 24th, 2009, 07:24 AM   #4812
cmc

Likes (Received): 253

just this simple..

2018- England, Spain, or Russia
2022- US, Mexico, or Australia
cmc no está en línea  
Old March 24th, 2009, 08:07 AM   #4813
en1044
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmc View Post
just this simple..

2018- England, Spain, or Russia
2022- US, Mexico, or Australia
That doesnt seem simple to me.
Old March 24th, 2009, 08:09 AM   #4814
=NaNdA=
Liverpool holic

Likes (Received): 642

No chance for Asian Countries?
=NaNdA= no está en línea  
Old March 24th, 2009, 09:01 AM   #4815
larsul
Proximamente CASAHUS.COM

Likes (Received): 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by =NaNdA= View Post
No chance for Asian Countries?
Except for maybe Indonesia Japan and Korea have it very difficult since they hosted in 2002..
So yes, no chance for asian countries..
SnapChat: larsul60
Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/larsul60
larsul no está en línea  
Old March 24th, 2009, 11:31 AM   #4816
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1789

2018 - England, 2022 - USA, 2026 - Russia, 2030 - Australia

Let's be real...

Half of those proposals in poll is completely unreal.
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea  
Old March 24th, 2009, 03:49 PM   #4817
Shumbi

Likes (Received): 6

2018 - England. Can't see FIFA going elsewhere tbh.
2022 - Australia has a real chance as it has never hosted before and is in the Asian confederation & time zones. The main challenge comes from $USA$ as Mexico won't be given a 3rd world cup any time soon.
2026 - USA if they don't get '22 or Argentina who last hosted in '78.
2030 - Spain will be the obvious choice with 1982 their last time.
Shumbi no está en línea  
Old March 24th, 2009, 07:24 PM   #4818
Ecological
BANNED

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
Liverpool.

Portugal had the right to play at their headquarters since they had won more points than England (4-0-0 against 3-1-0).
It is not controverisal. England would always play thier home games at the national stadium. It would have always been changed to Wembley if England made it that far.

England has had some terrible luck in major footballing tournaments but also some very fortunate luck as have all major international teams. Bigbossman by all accounts is a bit off an idiot. I mean the most famous off all time is Maradona's hand of god.
Ecological no está en línea  
Old March 24th, 2009, 08:51 PM   #4819
bigbossman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecological View Post
It is not controverisal. England would always play thier home games at the national stadium. It would have always been changed to Wembley if England made it that far.
It's a world cup with fixed venues you don't change grounds during to suit your needs FFS

Quote:
England has had some terrible luck in major footballing tournaments but also some very fortunate luck as have all major international teams. Bigbossman by all accounts is a bit off an idiot.
LOL, thanks, in my stride

Quote:
I mean the most famous off all time is Maradona's hand of god.
A handballed goal is no different to any other goal with an infringement, be it offside, through diving to get a penalty, or a not given foul. The only reason people blow that out of proportion is because it was so blatant. We should really stop going on about maradona in England and recognise him for the talent he was!
Old March 24th, 2009, 08:59 PM   #4820
bigbossman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its AlL gUUd View Post
no, u made that assumption by yourself way before my posts. I never stated England is a bigger footballing nation compared to Holland because they won more trophies(or lack of) at international level, that would be you who keep bringing this up. i've suggested national team performance alone doesn't determine footballing culture. England is a bigger football nation for many other reasons.
The point was that the debate was about national teams, if you look through my posts i did also mention other aspects, such as better standard of players and fan culture etc. However this is just going down in circles, it seems we're just not on the same page, so lets leave it at that.

Quote:
but like i said some of the English media are trash, you shouldn't read The Sun. Suggesting England are world beaters with lazy and incompetent journalism and then slaughtering them quite ridiculously (e.g personal attacks on players) at every opportunity. But i don't expect any less from trash like that.
LOL you make as if i read the English gutter press... the problem is a massive percentage of England do and live there life by it. And it will never change.

Quote:
oh and im not fully English.
What does that mean??

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup