daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 6th, 2009, 06:07 AM   #5241
HUSKER
NUEVO ESTADO DE LA LAGUNA

Likes (Received): 418

Spain would be a nice option

Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2009, 08:19 AM   #5242
poxuy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

poxuy no está en línea  
Old September 6th, 2009, 12:58 PM   #5243
Lord David

Likes (Received): 104

I don't know. The Russian bid could wow FIFA with it's selection of venues and host cities, but also could alienate FIFA if it attempts a symbolic "all of Russia's involved" World Cup using cities in the east. The long distance and no doubt transportation issues would need to be solved.

Who knows? they could wow FIFA and sneak out with one of the WC's.
Lord David no está en línea  
Old September 6th, 2009, 06:15 PM   #5244
poxuy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord David View Post
I don't know. The Russian bid could wow FIFA with it's selection of venues and host cities, but also could alienate FIFA if it attempts a symbolic "all of Russia's involved" World Cup using cities in the east. The long distance and no doubt transportation issues would need to be solved.

Who knows? they could wow FIFA and sneak out with one of the WC's.
This is first which is borning in mind.
The list of cities is already published and all of them in Western part, so don't worry). Distances are not so big if you compare with WC-2014 or EURO-2012. This is not a problem; mostly a stereotype in mind before looking at map. Also there will be 4 clusters of cities - North-West, Central, South and Volga clusters, so teams and fans from one group will travel between neigbour hosting cities for more comfort.
poxuy no está en línea  
Old September 13th, 2009, 01:38 AM   #5245
Vicman
La capital rielera

Likes (Received): 39

I like Russia 2018, they've never had a World Cup, and I want a World Cup here in Mexico again lol

From capital mix, cradle of the nation! ::: DESDE LA CAPITAL DEL MESTIZAJE, CUNA DE LA NACIÓN!
Vicman no está en línea  
Old September 13th, 2009, 03:38 AM   #5246
dacrio

Likes (Received): 0

go russia!!!
dacrio no está en línea  
Old September 15th, 2009, 03:43 PM   #5247
~MELVINDONESIA~
INDONESIA

Likes (Received): 26

go Indonesia!!!!!
~MELVINDONESIA~ no está en línea  
Old September 15th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #5248
cd7688

Likes (Received): 98

i think...

it will be a country were soccer is important. They will see in South Africa it was not an option cause soccer is not a big deal and thats why they will go for a safe country that can fill stadiums and can have profits.

So i think england will have it in 2018 and in 2022 it will be USA or Mexico.....

of course my option is Mexico but i wont mind if it is in USA, my home (Monterrey) is 2 hours away from the border and some games could be in Texas.

Well....soon we´ll se the results....and i cant wait for them....
cd7688 no está en línea  
Old September 15th, 2009, 11:54 PM   #5249
danVan

Likes (Received): 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd7688 View Post

So i think england will have it in 2018 and in 2022 it will be USA or Mexico.....

Yeah, right.
danVan no está en línea  
Old September 16th, 2009, 06:25 AM   #5250
BrisbaneROCKS

Likes (Received): 61

The USA don't have a chance in hell. Since last time round for them football hasn't moved forward locally. To be honest, they'd be the last potential host on FIFA's mind.

England for 2018, Australis 2022 is where the solid money is.
BrisbaneROCKS no está en línea  
Old September 16th, 2009, 06:27 AM   #5251
antriksh_sfo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd7688 View Post
it will be a country were soccer is important. They will see in South Africa it was not an option cause soccer is not a big deal and thats why they will go for a safe country that can fill stadiums and can have profits.

of course my option is Mexico but i wont mind if it is in USA, my home (Monterrey) is 2 hours away from the border and some games could be in Texas.

Well....soon we´ll se the results....and i cant wait for them....
GUY U DONT EVEN NEED VISA CAN JUST JUMP THE FENCE THE NIGHT BFOR
antriksh_sfo no está en línea  
Old September 16th, 2009, 06:52 AM   #5252
Benjuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisbaneROCKS View Post
The USA don't have a chance in hell. Since last time round for them football hasn't moved forward locally. To be honest, they'd be the last potential host on FIFA's mind.

Other than the formation of the MLS, and it's expansion from 9 to 15 teams, it's plans for further expansion over the next 2 seasons, and it's continued growing strength after 13 seasons (as opposed to our stagnating 5 year old A-League), the national side being consistantly ranked in the top 20 (often the top 10), and qualifying for all major tournaments since '94, and participation rates amongst kids having never been higher - no, no forward movement at all.
Benjuk no está en línea  
Old September 16th, 2009, 07:21 AM   #5253
SIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjuk View Post
Other than the formation of the MLS, and it's expansion from 9 to 15 teams, it's plans for further expansion over the next 2 seasons, and it's continued growing strength after 13 seasons (as opposed to our stagnating 5 year old A-League), the national side being consistantly ranked in the top 20 (often the top 10), and qualifying for all major tournaments since '94, and participation rates amongst kids having never been higher - no, no forward movement at all.
We all can't be the mighty, mighty A-League.

Anyway, I think Canada should give it a try one of these days, they're the only other country in CONCACAF capable of hosting it.
SIC no está en línea  
Old September 16th, 2009, 07:55 AM   #5254
BrisbaneROCKS

Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjuk View Post

'Stagnant A-League'? haha It's amazing the idiots that exist out there. This comp is going from strength to strength for a league of it's size. The quality of play is getting better each season and tactically the management and coaching systems being developed within Australia are far more advanced than they were in the first season of A-League. European and Asian clubs scout over here all the time now, all in 5 years. Stagnating? Quite smoking the wack my friend.

As for the national side, the US is a decieving flop not taken all that seriously when the going gets tough. Teactically and institutionally, the US national team is like its cars, all show and no go, no substance. For the massive strides in development and investment in the Australian national side in the last 3 years alone, our national side recieved much more respect from advanced football nations than what the US recieves.
BrisbaneROCKS no está en línea  
Old September 16th, 2009, 08:10 AM   #5255
en1044
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 113

Quote:

Quote:
Quite smoking the wack my friend.
Heed your own warning.
Old September 16th, 2009, 09:27 AM   #5256
antriksh_sfo
BANNED

Quote:
'Stagnant A-League'? haha It's amazing the idiots that exist out there. This comp is going from strength to strength for a league of it's size. ........For the massive strides in development and investment in the Australian national side in the last 3 years alone, our national side recieved much more respect from advanced football nations than what the US recieves.
BUDDY YOU SHUD B KIDDING
LAST 4 YRS Rank 2009 2008 2007 2006
US RANK : 11 21 20 7
AUSTRALIA : 14 19 48 Not in top 50

US made it to QF in 2002 only to be subdued by FIFA politics to ensure two famed teams in SF they made US loose in QF in a highly biased umpiring match, cos Turkey, S Korea and Brazil made to SF and if US made ppl wud loose interest.

US ranking is despite it being in the strong CONCOCAF and not Asia Ocenia like Aus.

Aus made 2nd round in 2006, courtesy a winover Japan only one in the whole tournament and as the I round in FIFA WC is a single round robin they scaped through, Though US had held eventual Champs Italy to 1-1 draw and had mighty Czechs in their Group.

AUS no way for WC with a highly concentrated on Southwest coast it is a highly biased geographical, racial and political ways. Dont expect guys to go n play in MCG with the Goal Post 50 mtrs from the nearest Seat.
FYI AUS played their Freindlies in UK as teams reject travelling to Aus.
Stop bidding for the WC go do some Pub brawling which the Aussies r good at.
Old September 16th, 2009, 10:27 AM   #5257
mvictory

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by antriksh_sfo View Post
BUDDY YOU SHUD B KIDDING
LAST 4 YRS Rank 2009 2008 2007 2006
US RANK : 11 21 20 7
AUSTRALIA : 14 19 48 Not in top 50

US made it to QF in 2002 only to be subdued by FIFA politics to ensure two famed teams in SF they made US loose in QF in a highly biased umpiring match, cos Turkey, S Korea and Brazil made to SF and if US made ppl wud loose interest.

US ranking is despite it being in the strong CONCOCAF and not Asia Ocenia like Aus.

Aus made 2nd round in 2006, courtesy a winover Japan only one in the whole tournament and as the I round in FIFA WC is a single round robin they scaped through, Though US had held eventual Champs Italy to 1-1 draw and had mighty Czechs in their Group.

AUS no way for WC with a highly concentrated on Southwest coast it is a highly biased geographical, racial and political ways. Dont expect guys to go n play in MCG with the Goal Post 50 mtrs from the nearest Seat.
FYI AUS played their Freindlies in UK as teams reject travelling to Aus.
Stop bidding for the WC go do some Pub brawling which the Aussies r good at.
Well most Australians can speak better english than you for a start. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about most of australias population is on the east and south east coast not the southwest. How are you justifying that Aystralia is biased on race and politics.
I dont know what you are trying to say about the ranking. Australia never had a chance to build a high ranking being in Oceana we did not play teams of a high enouth standard to increase our rank. As we moved into a better federation our ranking jumped from 48 to 14.
In the last world cup Australia Had a much harder group than the US with Brazil, Japan and Croatia Compared to America's Czeck Ghana and Italy. And Australia only left in the second round because of a dubious umpire decision which awarded eventual winners Italy a penalty in a game which was dominated by Australia.
mvictory no está en línea  
Old September 16th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #5258
antriksh_sfo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvictory View Post
Well most Australians can speak better english than you for a start. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about most of australias population is on the east and south east coast not the southwest. How are you justifying that Aystralia is biased on race and politics.
I dont know what you are trying to say about the ranking. Australia never had a chance to build a high ranking being in Oceana we did not play teams of a high enouth standard to increase our rank. As we moved into a better federation our ranking jumped from 48 to 14.
In the last world cup Australia Had a much harder group than the US with Brazil, Japan and Croatia Compared to America's Czeck Ghana and Italy. And Australia only left in the second round because of a dubious umpire decision which awarded eventual winners Italy a penalty in a game which was dominated by Australia.
COOL YOUR TEMPERS - TRUTH IS ALWAYS BITTER TO ACCEPT

i. 2006 WC - Tougher Group? My Phillistine buddy, USA drew against Eventual champions Italy & had Ghana the African Party Spoiler as any novice in World Football acknowledges & Czech hav been WC finalists twice though not in good form then.

ii. The concentration of the Aus Bid venues - 2 Melbourne, 1 Sydney, 1 Adelaide, 2 Brisbane (If Canberra add 1 more) isnt this concentration in one south east area (West was typo error from me). Pls go back to High School to learn Geography of ur land.

iii. Every month, Kevin Ruud goes to claim that pls dissociate Australia being racial. If v go by wat u say, Why does he need to give this justification every month? Racial attacks on Asians in Australian Cities is like a routine Page 3 story.

But you did not deny the fact Aus go out to England to play their friendlies. If u cant host friendlies why dream WC?

Chill out, there is no problem in losing few Millions in an unsuccessful bid to England, USA or China and pls prepare to face this truth from now on atleast.
Old September 16th, 2009, 09:31 PM   #5259
SSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by antriksh_sfo View Post

CONCOCAF strong? You must be having a laugh. I wouldn't say the AFC is amazingly strong, but it's no weaker than CONCOCAF.
SSE no está en línea  
Old September 17th, 2009, 04:39 AM   #5260
antriksh_sfo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE View Post
CONCOCAF strong? You must be having a laugh. I wouldn't say the AFC is amazingly strong, but it's no weaker than CONCOCAF.
Buddy, CONCOCAF is much stronger than Asia/Oceania.
Compare groups with Brazil, Argentina, Mexico with those of Japan, S Korea and Iran/Bahrain etc
Agreed, UEFA is a a stronger Group, followed by COCOCAF & Africa; but Aus Claim of a tougher Group is ridiculous considering the Asia Oceania belt.
The Brisbane guy needs to redefine the meaning of strong in the Aus dictionary.

Moreover the timing of Australia is a major problem for Europe and remember they got the '94 WC matches scheduled for early evening to match the European viewer's timings. If this is to be obliged, AUS need to host the matches midnight and early morning hrs which is both ridiculous and dangerous in a racially abrasive country like Australia.

Last edited by antriksh_sfo; September 17th, 2009 at 04:46 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup