daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #5521
poxuy
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Moscow
Posts: 531
Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1772 View Post
"stuped americoso"?
I think someone drank to much vodka for lunch...
You are really stupid.
poxuy no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #5522
1772
Registered User
 
1772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,573
Likes (Received): 1439

Quote:
Originally Posted by poxuy View Post
You are really stupid.
Oh, and "rus" comment was filled with intellectualism?
1772 no está en línea  
Old January 30th, 2010, 03:38 AM   #5523
Its AlL gUUd
Cute but Psycho...
 
Its AlL gUUd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London
Posts: 6,017
Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorubalife View Post
Because of unfair criticism by the English and German(South Africa lost to the Germans to host the 2006 WC by one vote) press, from an African point of view I hope that ENGLAND NEVER HOST THE WORLD CUP. Leading to Africa's biggest sporting showpiece ever, South Africa and Africa has received so much bad publicity from particularly the English media that it got me that they wanted to even cancel the world cup because its in Africa's shores. I'm so disappointing about this bad press that it reported about 20% truth and the rest just fiction trying to paint a dark picture(maybe it's because we black) leading to this world cup that it lead me thinking that the English doesn't want Africa to be part of their modern day world. FIFA has recognized this and I hope that it will come against them, if they do host the world cup let it be known that AFRICA IS NOT IN SUPPORT OF THEM because Africa is not part of there world.

This is a quote from last night press conference:



Thank you. Africa has been victimized yet again.
What a ridiculous and narrow minded post. The English regularly travel to South Africa, for holidays, Cricket tests, Rugby etc etc and its always good for the South African economy when they go over. English fans will also be one of the largest travelling support you will get at the World Cup this year. Have a go at the press if you want but don't generalise, you don't sound very welcoming so i wouldn't say you speak for all South Africans thankfully.
__________________
I T S Y

Last edited by Its AlL gUUd; January 31st, 2010 at 02:21 AM.
Its AlL gUUd no está en línea  
Old January 30th, 2010, 11:26 PM   #5524
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicken City, GA
Posts: 8,126
Likes (Received): 3197

Fine, I'll throw in the warning: Let's keep it civil, everyone. If someone posts an inappropriate comment then let it drop, but let's not build up a flame war, please.

Stay on topic.
__________________
"How can anybody be enlightened? Truth is after all so poorly lit."
GunnerJacket no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2010, 02:48 AM   #5525
Palatinus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 164
Likes (Received): 0

Australia will never host a FIFA World Cup.

It has only 20 milions inhabitants, and is too far away from european fans.

I think will be:

2018: England / Russia - Russia has 142 milions inhabitants, is in europe and football is rising among the people. England or UK is history.

2022: USA - FIFA want to take advantage of 310 (will be from actual 300) milions inhabitants and the best business market in the world.

2026: China - 1.3 BILION needs no more explanation... (the choice won't be India because Chinese love football but they still don't play it , while Indians don't like football..)

2030: Italy or Russia (italy will be advantaged for the 100th years of FIFA WC, because is the homeland of football with England).

2034: South America or Central America

2038: Arab world (Why not Egypt or Algeria to be near Europe?)

2042: India

2046: Europe
Palatinus no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2010, 02:56 AM   #5526
Aka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,382
Likes (Received): 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
italy [...] because is the homeland of football with England
How come?
Aka no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2010, 03:04 AM   #5527
Mr. Fitz
Get Your Walk On Son!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dublin
Posts: 256
Likes (Received): 4

@Palatinus, just because China has 1.3 billion inhabitants doesn't mean it should host a World Cup, it's also a horribly corrupt place. If it becomes democratic by then well fair enough.
Mr. Fitz no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2010, 03:44 AM   #5528
Its AlL gUUd
Cute but Psycho...
 
Its AlL gUUd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London
Posts: 6,017
Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fitz View Post
@Palatinus, just because China has 1.3 billion inhabitants doesn't mean it should host a World Cup, it's also a horribly corrupt place. If it becomes democratic by then well fair enough.
didn't stop them getting the Olympics tho. hosting major sporting events is all to do with politics, corrupt delegates and subtle bribery anyway. usually not to do with who has the best bid or who is the most deserving.
__________________
I T S Y
Its AlL gUUd no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2010, 05:03 AM   #5529
Mr. Fitz
Get Your Walk On Son!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dublin
Posts: 256
Likes (Received): 4

Still, FIFA may take and probably will take a different view on it to what the IOC did (or at least I hope).
Mr. Fitz no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2010, 10:47 AM   #5530
boyerling3
Registered User
 
boyerling3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 146
Likes (Received): 4

I think Platinus has one of the best lists that I've seen. My personal thoughts are that it should be:
2018: England
2022: Australia
2026: China
2030: Argentina/Uruguay
2034: Russia
2038: USA
2042: Bahrain/Qatar/UAE
boyerling3 no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2010, 03:31 PM   #5531
Its AlL gUUd
Cute but Psycho...
 
Its AlL gUUd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London
Posts: 6,017
Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fitz View Post
Still, FIFA may take and probably will take a different view on it to what the IOC did (or at least I hope).
FIFA is probably the most corrupt organisation anyway, just look at the President (Sepp Blatter) and Vice President (Jack Warner who sold his WC tickets etc), says it all. They aren't football people unfortunately.
__________________
I T S Y
Its AlL gUUd no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2010, 05:11 PM   #5532
Mr. Fitz
Get Your Walk On Son!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dublin
Posts: 256
Likes (Received): 4

Yeah, Havelange was so much better than Sepp, absolutely hate him. Was just clear that the workers for the Olympics were treated like crap, you'd think someone would care about that.
Mr. Fitz no está en línea  
Old February 5th, 2010, 03:40 AM   #5533
Palatinus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 164
Likes (Received): 0

Australia will never host a FIFA World Cup.

It has only 20 milions inhabitants, and is too far away from european fans.

I think will be:

2018: England / Russia - Russia has 142 milions inhabitants, is in europe and football is rising among the people. England or UK is history.

2022: USA - FIFA want to take advantage of 310 (will be from actual 300) milions inhabitants and the best business market in the world.

2026: China - 1.3 BILION needs no more explanation... (the choice won't be India because Chinese love football but they still don't play it , while Indians don't like football..)

2030: Italy or Russia (italy will be advantaged for the 100th years of FIFA WC, because is the homeland of football with England).

2034: South America or Central America

2038: Arab world (Why not Egypt or Algeria to be near Europe?)

2042: India

2046: Europe


China is a critical market. FIFA needs expansion to rule over the world being the first sport (and federation) in terms of registered players and sponsors.

Asia is a business core. 3,5 bilions inhabitants, seven times Europe (Russia is not included in Continental Europe).

I disagree about Australia. It's a great nation, great sport tradition , but it has got only 20 milions inhabitants, it's an island, too much distant from Europe and South America, the flight cost is over the top....

Meantime, i don't feel arab world (ex oil market) will host a World Cup. I think countries like Algeria and Egypt will one day (35 milions and 80 milions inhabitants near Europe, Russia and black africa) cause they have mediterranean tradition similar to south european countries.

After expand in China, FIFA will break in to reach the Indian market.
Palatinus no está en línea  
Old February 5th, 2010, 04:00 AM   #5534
ryebreadraz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,597
Likes (Received): 17

With the tickets for 2010 not selling too well, it will be interesting to see how that affects the 2018/2022 bidding. Would FIFA want to go to countries where they know they'll sell out every single match aka the "safer pick." I'm not sure if 2010's slow sales will or will not impact the next bid process, but it's a definite possibility.
ryebreadraz no está en línea  
Old February 5th, 2010, 04:08 AM   #5535
wayhigh
AwEsOmE
 
wayhigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bryansk RUSSIA
Posts: 251
Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1772 View Post
Poor russians.

Wouldn't it be funny if they planned 40 years ahead?
what are you laughing about? we are taking over the world. we will be laughing soon!
__________________
LooKs sO kOOl Sochi 2014
wayhigh no está en línea  
Old February 5th, 2010, 07:49 AM   #5536
Walbanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,239
Likes (Received): 1102

Quote:
we are taking over the world
Of course you are
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old February 5th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #5537
Ceefee
Registered User
 
Ceefee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 495
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
[I][B]Australia will never host a FIFA World Cup.

It has only 20 milions inhabitants, and is too far away from european fans.

.
mate its not all about population...theres alot more to it than that. yes population can be indicative of economy ect it does not however mean more football fans or football market you said india doesnt like football (but they have a big population) and you also said fifa want the WC in big markets so therefore its all about money therefore population wouldnt matter in that case. the hosting process comes down to soo much more than general demographics... its politics, spread of the game, infrastructure. every bid has its pros and cons.
Ceefee no está en línea  
Old February 5th, 2010, 11:20 AM   #5538
1772
Registered User
 
1772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,573
Likes (Received): 1439

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayhigh View Post
what are you laughing about? we are taking over the world. we will be laughing soon!
Haha, of course you are!
1772 no está en línea  
Old February 5th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #5539
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicken City, GA
Posts: 8,126
Likes (Received): 3197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
Australia will never host a FIFA World Cup.

It has only 20 milions inhabitants, and is too far away from european fans.
I don't recall this being part of FIFA's criteria, more importantly travel logistics and costs are such that getting Down Under can be as cheap as traveling to South Africa or Brazil.

Quote:
2026: China - 1.3 BILION needs no more explanation... (the choice won't be India because Chinese love football but they still don't play it , while Indians don't like football..)
Based on population alone, eh? Even though you allude to the nation's passive interest in the game, and to say nothing of the quagmire that bests describes their sporting infrastructure outside of Beijing. While I won't dismiss China's bid outright, a World Cup spread over 4+ weeks and across many parts of the nation is a far different animal than the Olympics. The Chinese are all about appearances, and the margin for error in this event this soon would be astronomical.
Quote:
2038: Arab world (Why not Egypt or Algeria to be near Europe?)
I get the idea of expanding cultural appeal, but I shudder to think we're compartmentalizing the world this way.
Quote:
2042: India
And yet you dismiss them above. Are you assuming they evolve in their passion for the game or will FIFA be attempting to instill more enthusiasm for football? Plausible, but this far out there will likely be many nations both more attractive and as "due" as could be.
__________________
"How can anybody be enlightened? Truth is after all so poorly lit."
GunnerJacket no está en línea  
Old February 7th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #5540
CaliforniaJones
Registered User
 
CaliforniaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orange County
Posts: 369
Likes (Received): 255

Can anyone give me a link for the 2006 world cup inspection group report please ? We are doing some comparisons and speculations from previuos reports.
__________________
My Globe-Trotter network
http://gttravel.ning.com
CaliforniaJones no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu