daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old April 7th, 2010, 09:56 AM   #5681
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1102

Quote:
atleast they have a massive expat population still without stories of violent racial discrimination.
Primarily their Law & order is stronger and swifter.
Shows what you know.
Walbanger no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2010, 06:49 AM   #5682
The Game Is Up
Proud Facebook Non-Member

Likes (Received): 255

I thought he was talking about that TV show that is still inexplicably on the air after a few decades.

Anyway, I have my doubts about China and 2026. They already had their "coming out party" in the Olympics. And I'm not alone in thinking this. Their footballing is even more behind than we were back in '94. That's how far they need to catch up.

I still stick by my opinion that 2022 is Australia's to lose.
Old April 16th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #5683
VileTorture

Likes (Received): 4

What's the deal with people thinking Mexico might have a bid for a future WC?

As of right now, they can offer only infrastructure and economy, but they cannot guarantee security. Government and law enforcement in that country is so far from corrupt is not even funny.

As for USA, they can offer everything, but they can't offer the spirit of the game, the MLS and other soccer tournaments here are so underappreciated that I wouldnt be surprised if they decide to give less funds to the MLS; however, FIFA can care less about spirit since money is worth more than spirit alone.

Objectibly, and from what I've seen in the news about possible INTERESTED candidates, I do believe and support England - 2018 and Australia - 2022.

As for later candidates, 2026 could make a comeback to South America. Colombia recently annouced a possible bid for it and FIFA's Vice-President gave it his support if infrastructure and security keeps improving as it has been during the past decade.
Argentina would be a great candidate for its history, infrastructure and security (need major improvements in economy).

If not any of these two countries, then I would support a USA bid.
Old April 26th, 2010, 11:41 PM   #5684
love-qatar

Likes (Received): 562

FIFA president Sepp Blatter speaks during a press conference in Doha Saturday, April 24, 2010. Blatter is in Doha for a two-day visit. FIFA president Sepp Blatter said the Arab world deserves to stage a World Cup, boosting Qatar's bid to host the tournament in 2022. Blatter, in Doha to meet with Qatar's football officials, praised the bid's infrastructure on Saturday and said the government's successful hosting of the 2006 Asian Games showed it was capable of organizing big international events.

love-qatar no está en línea  
Old April 27th, 2010, 09:47 AM   #5685
carlosfng

Likes (Received): 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by VileTorture View Post

As of right now, they can offer only infrastructure and economy, but they cannot guarantee security. Government and law enforcement in that country is so far from corrupt is not even funny.

As for USA, they can offer everything, but they can't offer the spirit of the game, the MLS and other soccer tournaments here are so underappreciated that I wouldnt be surprised if they decide to give less funds to the MLS; however, FIFA can care less about spirit since money is worth more than spirit alone.

Objectibly, and from what I've seen in the news about possible INTERESTED candidates, I do believe and support England - 2018 and Australia - 2022.

As for later candidates, 2026 could make a comeback to South America. Colombia recently annouced a possible bid for it and FIFA's Vice-President gave it his support if infrastructure and security keeps improving as it has been during the past decade.
Argentina would be a great candidate for its history, infrastructure and security (need major improvements in economy).

If not any of these two countries, then I would support a USA bid.
I agree with the England/Australia prediction for 2018/2022. About 2026, I think it is already too far away in time to tell (we haven't even had the 2010 WC yet!). What I can say is that sadly I don't see South America being able to host even in 2026. Colombia has the same problems in security as Mexico, and its economy and infraestructure are clearly inferior (at least today). Argentina may have history and widespread security and infraestructure, but the latter is severely outdated and their economy is never a sure thing. Perhaps Chile holds some hope, since they have somewhat good infraestructure and their economy is going well. The rest of the countries can't host on their own: even though Venezuela spent a lot of money on the last Copa America and has some good infrastructure, the country's very unstable in every other way; the others are too small or poor. Oh, and joint bids are not going to happen, not only because lingering grudges but mostly because customs and borders are a huge mess in these countries (especially in the Andes region).

Oh, and I'd never count out Mexico going for a bid right now, because soccer over there is very commercialized and wants to get everywhere sponsors are. Stadia infrestructure is already the most up-to-date in Latin America, and their FA and clubs are almost corporations. This can be shown by the fact that Mexican clubs already play in South America's Libertadores and Sudamericana cups for the sake of money, and if the country hasn't officially joined the CSF it's because it wouldn't have a place guaranteed in the World Cup then. Looking at that, it is clear that a(nother) World Cup is very much the ultimate goal of the Mexican businessmen that run soccer over there, and that's why I think that Mexico will bid (in fact, I'm surprised it hasn't done so already) even if chances are it won't be successful.
carlosfng no está en línea  
Old April 27th, 2010, 11:45 AM   #5686
hngcm

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VileTorture View Post

Colombia's security is worse than Mexico's...
hngcm no está en línea  
Old April 27th, 2010, 12:50 PM   #5687
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-qatar View Post
FIFA president Sepp Blatter speaks during a press conference in Doha Saturday, April 24, 2010. Blatter is in Doha for a two-day visit. FIFA president Sepp Blatter said the Arab world deserves to stage a World Cup, boosting Qatar's bid to host the tournament in 2022. Blatter, in Doha to meet with Qatar's football officials, praised the bid's infrastructure on Saturday and said the government's successful hosting of the 2006 Asian Games showed it was capable of organizing big international events.

Don't get too excited, Blatter is reknowned for his lip service.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old April 28th, 2010, 04:38 AM   #5688
love-qatar

i dont think so, we will support our son Mohammed bin Hamam
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:23 PM   #5689
love-qatar

Translated via google translate, mistakes in translation might be there...
Qatar reveal 2022 World Cup stadiums

The Commission file of Qatar World Cup 2022 through the exhibition "Sport Accord Dubai" the world's largest Sport exhibition, unveiled details on a number of Stadiumss in addition to the use of technology and carbon-free for the first time in order to cool playgrounds and areas reserved for fans and training sites.

It was unveiled today three new Stadiums are characterized by a high level of quality, namely:

• Al-Shamal Stadium: accommodates 45120 spectators, is located in the north of Qatar, on the edge of the Arabian Gulf. This stadium was designed in the form of a sailboat inspired by the maritime heritage of the region. And 10% of spectators that will attend the stadium will arrive via the friendship bridge between Bahrain and Qatar, which will be the longest free-standing bridge in the world.

• Khor Stadium: accommodates 45330 spectators, is located in the north-east of Qatar, and the design of this stadium ision the form of a shell, a design inspired by the marine environment of the area where will be able to some onlookers to see the Gulf from their seats, while the it will benefit players by having a flexible roof which will provide shade on the pitch.

• Al Wakra Stadium: Stadium to accommodate 45 thousand spectators is located in the south of Qatar within a park that includes a center for activities and water sports facilities, shopping center and gardens.

The announcement was made today by the Committee of Qatar 2022 that will expand the two stadiums are, if Qatar won the right to stage the World Cup football and two stadiums. -Rayyan coupling capacity to be 44 740 seats by the addition of seats in the upper layer of the stadium will be full of the outer part from the field in the form of a giant screen to show the latest footage, game, commercials and other information about the tournament.

The pitch second is the private club Gharafa will double absorb also 44 740 spectators through the addition of seats in the upper layer of the stadium and would be a facade pitch colored all the countries that qualify for the World Cup Qatar 2022, symbolizes friendship, tolerance and respect, knowing that football enhances these values.

Cooling Technology

Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Chairman of the Commission file Qatar 2022: "The disclosure today football high quality we have and cooling technology innovation as the latest step in our quest to bring World Cup football to the Middle East for the first time in 2022 ".

"The World Cup football in Qatar will leave a legacy of strong, bringing together nations and cultures through our joint football. These plans show how serious we are and our innovation and our determination to host the World Cup, which would provide a great experience for the players and the fans and the media and the Our stadiums will be equipped with a modern way, where the cooling equipment will contain a carbon-neutral through the use of solar energy technology, so as to ensure that there is no temperature higher than 27 degrees Celsius, which will provide the best conditions for playing. "

"As the technology itself is environmentally friendly, carbon-free will ensure that the training places and areas of the fans also cool and comfortable. What we uncovered about today is something to be submitted for the first time in the world and as part of Qatar's commitment to providing a historical legacy which you want to move this leading technology to the rest of the world. "

[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Transport network[/COLOR]

Hassan al-Thawadi, Chief Executive of the file Qatar 2022, said: "will be linked to all the stadiums of high quality system of underground" Metro "with a new transport links the year, which allows fans to travel to watch the games easily and see more games in the one-day stay in housing over the same period of the championship. "

He added "We designed the stadiums so that it reduces capacity after the World Cup to suit the needs of local football and we can transfer those additional seats to other countries to take advantage of them permanently. That what we unveiled today is only the profile plans for the wider and that we will to disclose them in the near future. "

Qatar aims to host the World Cup football in the Middle East, for the first time in the history of the tournament. And will vote in the FIFA Executive Committee to choose the host for the World Cup in 2018 and 2022 on 2 December 2010, in Zurich.
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:30 PM   #5690
love-qatar

Found some Renders

Al-Shamal Stadium

Al-Gharrafa Stadium

Al-Khor Stadium

Al-Wakrah Stadium

Al-Rayyan Stadium

There is Khalifa Stadium which is ready

Stadiums of Qatar SC, Al Arab SC, Al-Ahli SC,and Al Sadd SC which are going to be expand as well

Last edited by love-qatar; April 28th, 2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:35 PM   #5691
RobH

Likes (Received): 10311

And after the world cup what will happen to these?
RobH está en línea ahora  
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:51 PM   #5692
love-qatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
We have the (QSL) the league and another 2 cups every year

Qatar will bid to host the Summer Olmpic games after last faild

In addition to Gulf cub and host other championships i.g Asian cup which we will host it in Qatar next year 2011

also the interest in the Women sport so they will need the Stadiums for all of this to completion there vision of sport for health

BTW we got all the 11 Stadiums at the moment but they will expansion them for the world cup and the summer olympic games
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:41 AM   #5693
Inferious

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
they we be left empty to be filled up with sand from the desert
Old April 29th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #5694
Wezza
©

Quote:
i dont think so, we will support our son Mohammed bin Hamam
I can tell you right now, Qatar will not be hosting the 2022 World Cup.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old April 29th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #5695
Lord David

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
I can tell you right now, Qatar will not be hosting the 2022 World Cup.
Yep, let the Qataris just aim for another Olympics, one they will not win if they insist on October and the current Qatari Olympics record is a negative as well.
Lord David no está en línea  
Old April 29th, 2010, 12:11 PM   #5696
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Thank you love-qatar for reposting my posts from the Qatar forums to here, All stadiums WILL BE AIR-CONDITIONED TO 27 degrees Celsius, and the stadium WILL BE DOWNGRADED after the tournament finishes from 40k to 20k to suit local needs, but not all of them.

WEATHER WILL NOT BE AN ISSUE ANYMORE

And may we please have the Qatar 2022 bid thread unlocked ? its about time and the bid file will be submitted in a matter of days.

Last edited by Qatar Son 333; April 29th, 2010 at 12:54 PM.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old April 29th, 2010, 07:44 PM   #5697
love-qatar

no problem Qatar Son 333 and thanks

well let them say what they want and think how they think i excused them because they do know little about Qatar, they have geographical ignorance and ignorance in the lack of information so whatever they say do not bother, if you think there is a serious question we are ready to answer and give/correct the information

Thanks for who involves and we will support our candidature for a moment the announcement of the winner
Old April 30th, 2010, 11:06 AM   #5698
Wezza
©

Quote:
no problem Qatar Son 333 and thanks

well let them say what they want and think how they think i excused them because they do know little about Qatar, they have geographical ignorance and ignorance in the lack of information so whatever they say do not bother, if you think there is a serious question we are ready to answer and give/correct the information

Thanks for who involves and we will support our candidature for a moment the announcement of the winner
Lol. What other major cities are there outside Doha & what is their populations?

Last edited by Wezza; April 30th, 2010 at 01:08 PM.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old April 30th, 2010, 11:34 AM   #5699
decks67
decks67

Likes (Received): 6

Quata doesnt seem to be a big enough country to make a single bid. it should teem up with UAE
decks67 no está en línea  
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:18 PM   #5700
Kazurro
Con la roja a muerte.

Likes (Received): 1577

Qatar is too small for bidding for the World Cup. A Gulf Persian countries bid would be interesting by the way.

And furthermore those stadia must be the smallest in the bid. You need some 70000 or 80000 stadia. Are there in Qatar?
Why is not China bidding? I think Blatter would giv'em the WC surely if they want...

And if they dont choose my nation I vote

2018: Russia
2022: US
2026: China
2030: England
Kazurro no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup