daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 17th, 2010, 08:04 PM   #5941
Landanar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AILD View Post
And England still didn't send official apologies to Russia for Triesman absurd.
Sure. People with imperial pride. They think that they can everything.
Landanar no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:09 PM   #5942
RobH

Likes (Received): 10293

How many Georgians have you brutally killed today Landanar?

Oh I'm sorry, does that offend you? What a shame. I thought we were playing a game of making sweeping assumptions about people based on their nation's history.

Mo, could you tidy this thread up and send this idiot to the SSC Gulag? Thanking you kindly.
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #5943
fizicki neradnik
Easily fooled

Likes (Received): 0

Why not? Mexico hosted 2 times.
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #5944
rus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Kenguru!
rus no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #5945
RobH

Quote:
Originally Posted by AILD View Post
Bid Director Sorokin an hour ago said that. They have 2 assumptions - technical problems in UK or early press rumours.
But they don't make a big drama about it. Just a statement of fact. I assure UK will fix it fast.
Hopefully yes.

I don't think anyone in the UK agrees with his comments (unless they're later proven true which is unlikely), and I think that's pretty clear from the fact he resigned so quickly from both his jobs. But I suppose it is in Russia's interest to make as much hay of this as they can; I'm sure England would be if the roles were reversed.

I can't believe for a second England 2018 hasn't tried sending an apology to Russia and Spain, so perhaps technical problems are an explanation for Sorokin's comments. Who knows?

What I do know is that I'd hate England to lose the bid because of this. I'd have no problem with England losing to Russia if that happens in December, but if it's because of an own goal on our part that'll be a bitter pill to swallow.
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:20 PM   #5946
rus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post

Oh I'm sorry, does that offend you? What a shame. I thought we were playing a game of making sweeping assumptions about people based on their nation's history.

Mo, could you tidy this thread up and send this idiot to the SSC Gulag? Thanking you kindly.
And how many millions of Russian killed georgian Stalin?
rus no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #5947
Landanar
BANNED

Quote:

I was right. English - very stupid nation.
Which georgians, idiot? I live in Moscow. There are many georgians. I studied with georgian in my class. I like FC Lokomotive. There are georgian defender. One of the bset in russian championship.
I can say that propaganda in Britain really great... That stupid people really believe that we killed them. Some europeen organizations recognized that Saakashvili attacked Osetia. But stupid english people want to believe that Russia - angry enemy of all.
You brains had washed very well.
Also i can ask some questions
1) What for you attacked Yugoslavia?
2) Did you find chemical weapon in Irak?
3) Do you know that english creat first Internments in world during Boer Wars?
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:31 PM   #5948
RobH

Quote:
I was right. English - very stupid nation.
Only one person in this thread is being stupid enough to have his account deleted and he ain't English mate.

I couldn't get away with with post you've just written and I've been here for three years. Let's see how far your 18 posts and your week old account get you when the mods read this thread eh? I'd wager you're not going to be sticking around here much longer.

Can we get back on topic now please. If you want to give reasons why you're supporting Russia's bid that's fine, if you want to slag off England you won't be here long.

Last edited by RobH; May 17th, 2010 at 08:37 PM.
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:34 PM   #5949
Landanar
BANNED

Quote:
Only one person in this thread is being stupid enough to have his account deleted and he ain't English mate. If you don't get that hint you're dumber than I thought.
Try to read all reply. And ask my questions. I asked your. So do it too, please.
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #5950
RobH

No, this thread is about the world cup. Stay on topic or go away.
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #5951
AILD
BANNED

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
FIFA Ethics Committee to Investigate Triesman Comments

FIFA confirmed it has launched an investigation into statements made by former England 2018 chairman David riesman about two of the country's rivals in the World Cup bid race.

"FIFA can confirm that FIFA secretary general JÚr˘me Valcke has requested the FIFA Ethics Committee to examine the alleged statements made by Lord Triesman in relation to the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups," said a statement by world football's governing body.

"In addition, FIFA has sent a letter to The Football Association asking The FA to provide a report on this matter, including Lord Triesman's position.

"FIFA will not make any further comment on this matter until it has been dealt with by the FIFA Ethics Committee."

Yesterday, Triesman was forced to resign his chairmanship of the bid and the Football Association following a story that appeared in the Mail on Sunday, a British tabloid. It reported disparaging remarks made to a “friend” about Spain and Russia that were covertly recorded in a newspaper sting operation.

The newspaper quoted Triesman saying that Spain would try to buy Russia’s help to “bribe” referees in this summer’s World Cup in return for its withdrawal from the running to host the 2018 finals.

FIFA rules prohibit negative campaigning about bid rivals.

Triesman's resignation came less than 48 hours after he accompanied an England 2018 delegation, including David Beckham, to Zurich for the hand over of the World Cup bid book to FIFA president Sepp Blatter.

World Football Insider understands that Triesman's replacement Geoff Thompson, a FIFA vice president, today held a meeting with England 2018 bid CEO Andy Anson and director of communications Simon Greenberg to hammer out a new bid strategy.

England 2018 hope Thompson's swift appointment will retain FIFA president Sepp Blatter's confidence in the bid committee and provide assurances to members of the FIFA executive committee that it is not fatally flawed.

Thompson will have the chance to help get the England 2018 bid campaign back on course when he meets with other FIFA and UEFA executive committee members at the Champions League final this Saturday. Inter Milan and Bayern Munich contest the final at Madrid's Santiago Bernabeu stadium.
http://www.worldfootballinsider.com/Story.aspx?id=33285
AILD no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:45 PM   #5952
RobH

Quote:
"In addition, FIFA has sent a letter to The Football Association asking The FA to provide a report on this matter, including Lord Triesman's position.
Not much to report really is there? It wasn't negative campaigning in any sense as he thought he was having a private conversation with a friend. It was a stupid thing to say but it'd be stretching it to claim this breaks the rules.

And he's not involved with the bid or the FA now.

I suppose FIFA must go through the protocol of investigating things like this, but I can't really see anything coming of it.
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #5953
Landanar
BANNED

Quote:
No, this thread is about the world cup. Stay on topic or go away.
Sure. But.
It was very stupid step, when you wrote about Georgia. Russians - very peace-loving nation. And also Russia was multicultural during 500 years. For example, Kazan city. There are mosque and church into Kremlin. Russians always had tolerance to other nations. Also, there are 3 Georgians streets in Moscow, which was built 300 years ago.
Don't write what you don't know.

You typical english... You want to change theme, when you understand that can answer questions.
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:48 PM   #5954
RobH

Nothing about the world cup in that post either I notice?
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:56 PM   #5955
Landanar
BANNED

Quote:
Nothing about the world cup in that post either I notice?
How much information about world cup in this post?

"How many Georgians have you brutally killed today Landanar?

Mo, could you tidy this thread up and send this idiot to the SSC Gulag? Thanking you kindly. "

World cup is mainest football competition. It's about worls cup, so don't be so angry.
Old May 17th, 2010, 09:00 PM   #5956
RobH

I made that post to make a point about the xenophobia you've displayed in this thread.

I'm not arguing any further, I'll let the mods deal with you. You're clearly here to troll around and I hope to see your account deleted quickly. Bye.
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 09:09 PM   #5957
AILD
BANNED

Likes (Received): 30

Big offtop, can't ignore it. Don't read if you want.
UK installed communism in Russia. They financed bolshevicks in 1917 and orchestrated revolution, which killed all Emperor's family.
Gulags were created by Trotskysts (Leo Trotsky - agent of british intelligence, revolutioner), so again by UK. 454,000 were died in Gulags 1934-1952 (not 60 millions, dumb myth of mass propaganda).
UK banks helped Hitler's rise to power (Bank of England).
UK directed Hitler against USSR (first he wished to go into India, UK colony).

No wonder that Russians don't like UK. It's a source of tragedies, which killed probably more than hundred of millions of Russian people, and which totally changed the way of Russian history in 1917, when "communism" was imported in Russia by UK agents.

David Icke is right. UK (so USA and all "western democracies") is controlled by reptilians from London City. Queen's family is also a main drug dealer (opium wars, Afghanistan today). More than 50% of Afghan drugs are transported in Russia through Manas base -> a weapon against Russia's youth generation.

You, people, even can't imagine what's going on in the world. And so shocked that some people hate UK. Of course, they hate, because of exact deals which went to millions of tragedies, mostly in Russia.

If not UK, Russia would ne no communistic in 1917-1991, without Gulags, Hitler's attack in 1941, without half of European part destroyed by fascists, and with 300 millions of people.

Just a big offtop to explain the real reasons of bashing.
AILD no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 09:29 PM   #5958
jlch1987

Jjjajaja, this people is crazy, what the #$%& have to do the georgians, comunism, The Queen, USA or Stalin with the WC?

This is now officially a MINE IS BIGGER, YOURS IS SHORTER THREAD... shame for both...
jlch1987 no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 09:32 PM   #5959
boyerling3

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
FIFA seek answers over 'bribe' claims
Soccernet staff

FIFA has requested the English Football Association to provide a report over alleged statements made by former FA chairman Lord Triesman in relation to the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups.

Triesman, who quit amid the controversy on Sunday morning, allegedly told a former aide that Spain were planning to bribe referees at this summer's World Cup and offer their support to Russia's bid for the 2022 World Cup if they were to help.

The England 2018 World Cup bid team faxed letters of apology to both associations as they attempted to minimise the damage caused, while FA board members David Sheepshanks and Roger Burden have been drafted in as acting joint chairmen of the national governing body.

But now FIFA, world football's governing body, is to intervene after the chief of Russia's bid, Aleksey Sorokin, called for ''appropriate measures" to be taken.

A FIFA statement read: "FIFA can confirm that FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke has requested the FIFA ethics committee to examine the alleged statements made by Lord Triesman in relation to the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups.

"In addition, FIFA has sent a letter to The Football Association asking the FA to provide a report on this matter, including Lord Triesman's position.

"FIFA will not make any further comment on this matter until it has been dealt with by the FIFA ethics committee."
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-c...cc=5901&ver=us
boyerling3 no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #5960
jlch1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizicki neradnik View Post
Why not? Mexico hosted 2 times.
Because Colombia, the original host couldn't afford the preparation...
jlch1987 no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup