daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 18th, 2010, 02:21 AM   #5981
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1142

Hahahaha, that Triesman dude was certainly smoking something! It's like raining down on your own parade!
krkseg1ops no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2010, 03:02 AM   #5982
Livno80101
studying

Likes (Received): 3

Although I live in USA, and I would love to watch WC here, I think (and I voted for) that Australia is getting this. It's a new football market, they have great infrastructure, support of whole nation, good financial background, league is getting better and better, and NT have qualified to Finals two times in a row now, after 32 years of absence. And that would be the first (and last) World Cup held in Oceania. And Asian Cup 2015 will be great test competition.

USA can get it, but I dont believe in that.

Japan and Korea were hosts just 20 years ago (I speak from 2022 point of view) and they wont host it. For sure. Next Asian host is China (I talk about Australia as Oceanic country).

And Qatar - all I can say - funny. And unreliable. And wont be held there. Their maximum is Asian Cup, nothing bigger than that.
Livno80101 no está en línea  
Old May 18th, 2010, 04:13 AM   #5983
oopepeoo

Likes (Received): 0

Portugal-Spain
oopepeoo no está en línea  
Old May 18th, 2010, 04:31 AM   #5984
matthemod

Likes (Received): 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by AILD View Post
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle7127762.ece

Yeah! I like piece of british propaganda in the morning, to laugh all day long

Really, what's going on? This is hilarious. I know that UK must blackmail Russia and Russia's bid to support bad vision of the country inside UK, but not so obviously dumb)

No offensive
What's your problem? 1 guy in the inside made some outlandish claim's when not aware of being taped, and suddenly the British media is propaganda? Hello, who initially broke the story in the first place?!

My MiniCity!
matthemod no está en línea  
Old May 18th, 2010, 06:33 AM   #5985
antriksh_sfo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthemod View Post
What's your problem? 1 guy in the inside made some outlandish claim's when not aware of being taped, and suddenly the British media is propaganda? Hello, who initially broke the story in the first place?!
Mate,
I do not think it was purely based on the FA Lead comments.
It was just a reaction to some comment about Vlad & Press freedom - which were unprovoked Political arguments made earlier some other forumer.
It would be fine if we guys can restrain any political arguments in the Sports forums.
antriksh_sfo no está en línea  
Old May 18th, 2010, 06:50 AM   #5986
andypandy
Meh...

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord David View Post
I wouldn't be surprised that if Australia gets 2018. The US will bid again, this time, facing stiff competition from potential bidding nations, Mexico and possibly Canada.

Mexico, in an attempt to modernize their stadiums and that there should be no more global financial crisis.

Canada, in an effort to boost Soccer's stance in the spiritual home of Ice Hockey and Canadian Football. Also a great chance to modernize stadiums and build such stadiums in cities that could really use them, even if the post legacy is merely the occasional international/league soccer match.
"Candian Football"...please explain?
andypandy no está en línea  
Old May 18th, 2010, 07:00 AM   #5987
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6445

Here >.>
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea  
Old May 18th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #5988
Ysh
Бородатый тиран

Likes (Received): 173066

Russia would do it great!
Old May 18th, 2010, 09:31 AM   #5989
magic_johnson

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat-ben-made-poop View Post
Indonesia 2018 got 361 vote LOL

It shame Indonesia canceled bid
No, Indonesia has 56...
magic_johnson no está en línea  
Old May 18th, 2010, 10:10 AM   #5990
Lord David

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by andypandy View Post
"Candian Football"...please explain?
Canadian Football. Canadian Football League - CFL or Ligue Canadienne de Football - LCF depending on what language you use, is the Canadian variant of American Football, played at a national and professional level.

Should Canada want to bid for 2026 if we (or some other Asian bid) gets 2022, expect all stadiums used coming from the CFL, with perhaps 1 or 2 being non CFL stadiums.

I can easily expect this: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1462
Lord David no está en línea  
Old May 18th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #5991
RobH

Likes (Received): 10315

Quote:
Originally Posted by AILD View Post
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle7127762.ece

Yeah! I like piece of british propaganda in the morning, to laugh all day long

Really, what's going on? This is hilarious. I know that UK must blackmail Russia and Russia's bid to support bad vision of the country inside UK, but not so obviously dumb)

No offensive
Haven't you realised yet from the original story that the UK is distancing itself from its press in the aftermath of the entrapment of the bid chairman? Please don't imply the UK and sections of the UK press are one and the same; because they clearly are not.

Why exactly, on another note, are you trawling the UK press to this extent?

The sentences you quoted are deep within an opinion piece, not a news headline, and can hardly be called propaganda. It's almost as if you went looking for something like this just to stir this thread up again.

If anyone is guilty of propaganda it is you. You're behaving like a troll, which is a shame because you've been a lot more sensible than some of yor fellow countrymen in these threads for the most part.
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 18th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #5992
3SPIRES

Likes (Received): 124

My friends went to Moscow for the Russia v England European qualifier back in 2007 and they told me that they found the locals to be generally the most dour people they'd met. They said it was very unusual to see a Russian smile. If the Russians are as miserable as I am told (and I have no reason to doubt what my friends told me) then I can't see the WC going to Russia for that reason alone. After all the WC is meant to be a party (or at least friendly) atmosphere.
3SPIRES no está en línea  
Old May 18th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #5993
Alemanniafan

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SPIRES View Post
My friends went to Moscow for the Russia v England European qualifier back in 2007 and they told me that they found the locals to be generally the most dour people they'd met. They said it was very unusual to see a Russian smile. If the Russians are as miserable as I am told (and I have no reason to doubt what my friends told me) then I can't see the WC going to Russia for that reason alone. After all the WC is meant to be a party (or at least friendly) atmosphere.
Wow, we really do have someone here who really knows what he's talking about!

- By the way, I know someone who knows someone, who's neighbor has visited Coventry once some years ago for a week and he said the people there are supposed to eat catfood for breakfast. (And I have no reason to doubt what that person told me.)

PS: Now honestly and seriously, what you talk about there most probably has far more to do with your friends and their behavior than with the people living in Moscow. I've visited Russia and I've experienced very warmhearted, friendly, welcoming and convival people nearly everywhere I went.
Old May 18th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #5994
3SPIRES

My friends are football fans who went to Russia to watch a game of football, so I think it is very relevant in the context of staging a football tournament that is expecting foreign football fans.

Oh and I'm a member of the official England supporters group and remember that hundreds of England supporters commented on how miserable the Russians were - infact I cannot remember anyone saying anything different!

PS: So the Russians don't think I'm being unfair the same was said about Belarus.

Last edited by 3SPIRES; May 18th, 2010 at 01:20 PM.
3SPIRES no está en línea  
Old May 18th, 2010, 01:22 PM   #5995
Alemanniafan

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
My friends are football fans who went to Russia to watch a game of football, so I think it is very relevant in the context of staging a football tournament that is expecting foreign football fans.
So you're saying
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SPIRES
If the Russians are as miserable as I am told (and I have no reason to doubt what my friends told me) then I can't see the WC going to Russia for that reason alone.
And now you're saying that those friends are in fact english football fans? - Fans who are widely known to be rather troublesome fans overal and are in fact not exactly very welcome in numerous countries all over Europe.
OK - just let me quote myself to answer your absolutely ridiculous argument and while you read my quote just keep in mind what you said in the end of your own posting:
You:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SPIRES
PS: So the Russians don't think I'm being unfair the same was said about Belarus.
me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemanniafan
what you talk about there most probably has far more to do with your friends and their behavior than with the people living in Moscow.
Old May 18th, 2010, 01:27 PM   #5996
RobH

Likes (Received): 10315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemanniafan View Post
So you're saying
And now you're daysing that those friends are in fact english football fans who are widely known to be rather troublesome Fans overal and are in fact not exactly very welcome in numerous countries all over Europe?
Will you stop peddling this outdated fact? German organisers at the last world cup thought England fans were amongst the best there and the last major incident, as I told you last time you trotted out that particular line, was probably a decade ago now.

This forum's turned to shit quite frankly. Too many immature people around. What has non-smiling Russians to do with anything either? This is the same Russia that was awarded Sochi 2014 by the IOC not long ago. The IOC didn't seem to mind!
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 18th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #5997
3SPIRES

My opening line said that my friends went for the football
Quote:
My friends went to Moscow for the Russia v England European qualifier back in 2007
You are completely wrong when you insinuate things about the English football fans whose opinion I was using. My friends are all members of the official supporters group, to be in this you have to pass a police check - so it is a fact that we are NOT hooligans or any sort of criminals. The only fans that are allowed tickets for England matches abroad are all in this club. I think you need to update your 1980's views on English football fans.
3SPIRES no está en línea  
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:17 PM   #5998
Fobos2030

Likes (Received): 3191

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Infrastructure is something that would likely be built anyway. It's slightly disingenious to use that to either boost a bid or disparage one. Though saying that, Olympic Games and World Cups often have the effect of speeding up planned works. Knowing you have a deadline and a billion pairs of eyes on you is a pretty sure fire way of making sure things get done!
Yes you are right and i am not trying to say that poor Infrastructure is a russian bid +. But Infrastructure is also not a -. Because we will build all need for WC till 2018 and that's is for shure. We have money for that and we really need this for our economy.
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:42 PM   #5999
salgovernale
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:

Oh and I'm a member of the official England supporters group and remember that hundreds of England supporters commented on how miserable the Russians were - infact I cannot remember anyone saying anything different!

to be fair its not just russians who are dullards with no sense of humour, its all eastern europeans
salgovernale no está en línea  
Old May 18th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #6000
3SPIRES

Hey Alemanniafan look at the welcome the English fans got in Israel a few years ago:

I'm not sure they would give the Germans such a welcome!
3SPIRES no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup