daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:34 PM   #6481
Luke80

Likes (Received): 4

AILD talking out of his arse again...
Luke80 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2010, 09:43 PM   #6482
Rev Stickleback

Likes (Received): 1919

Quote:
Originally Posted by flierfy View Post
Advertising space outside the ground which is seen by just a few thousand people is fly-speck compared to the hoardings around the pitch.
to flesh that out slightly, FIFA received $1.6 billion in sponsorship money for this year's world cup. Now, I don't know how much more an advertising hoarding goes for in Miami as opposed to Manchester or Moscow, but's it would need to be pretty large to be a wildly signifacant factor.
Rev Stickleback no está en línea  
Old July 23rd, 2010, 10:09 PM   #6483
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2759

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
yes, he is for real. he was just adding to talks about economies. but as was sais it's a global event. but, as i'll add - for sponsors important are developing economies, as they mean large number of new potential customers.
Don't embarrass yourself Coth, he was trolling as you yourself are bordering on. If an American goes into the Russian thread and starts talking unprovoked about the foreign policy, talking about Putins crimes, or the hopeful impending collapse and weakness of Russia then that would be trolling as well. Yet, from Russians we see this old game played all too often in threads Get it?

You Russians here at SSC really need to get over your post cold war U.S. obsession and stop trying to convince yourself and others you with the mythology of Russia being the white knights out to save the world from the "empire".

Last edited by nomarandlee; July 24th, 2010 at 09:24 PM.
nomarandlee no está en línea  
Old July 24th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #6484
AILD
BANNED

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
When will be the first day that one of you will surprise me and cease to talk mindless Putinese.
How on Earth anything in my post has anything with Putin, troll?

Seems like someone still has Cold War propaganda Media, imaging any "bad" things as Putin's actions. Nice to see another zombie .

Quote:
If an American goes into the Russian thread and starts talking unprovoked about the foreign policy...
This is not american thread, get it? Cold War didn't end. USA continue to finance terrorists on N.Caucusus to divide Russia, USA rebuilt Afghan drug production after NATO occupation, NATO still exist (they created new "threat" now - "terrorism". Problem - Reaction - Solution), US Holyshitwood still russophobic, US media - -II-, US education - -II-, american kids still killing "bad Russians" in computer games, americans still associate Russians with "communists", etc. american absurd.

Relax, dude. I was angry on f***in' USA cause they officially declared that they will help Kurdish terrorists in destabilisation of Turkey. If earlier they hided that they are financing them, but now they lost any respect even to the work of criminal politician and openly support terrorists who already bombed important infrastructure many times in Turkey.

(Turkey is becoming more independent. That's why we saw Israel's attack on Turkish aid ship. That's why Turkey voted against sanctions for Iran. That's why Turkey is rebuilding partnership with Russia in any spheres, and more and more). Watch on attempts to destabilise Turkey through terrorist bombings. This is main USA/UK instrument of pressure.

Zombies just don't want to look at situation wider and from another angle.

JimB, these "propaganda books" and sources are mostly "western" (oops)
Never heard about "Great Game"?

Previous "dollar" financial system is dying. But the hooligan can't die calm, without remaining chaos.

Like the video.

Last edited by AILD; July 24th, 2010 at 12:48 AM.
AILD no está en línea  
Old July 24th, 2010, 01:32 AM   #6485
JimB

Likes (Received): 4782

What the **** are you banging on about, AILD?

This is a thread about bids to host the FIFA World Cup in 2018 and 2022. It is not a forum for you to drone on and on and on about whatever political agenda you have. There's a Skybar for that kind of talk.

Please, if it's not too difficult for you, try to stay on topic.

There's a good lad.
JimB no está en línea  
Old July 24th, 2010, 01:54 AM   #6486
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6818

Quote:
Don't embarrass yourself Coth, he was trolling as you yourself are bordering on. If an American goes into the Russian thread and starts talking unprovoked about the foreign policy, talking about Putins crimes, or the hopeful impending collapse and weakness of Russia then that would be trolling as well. Yet, from Russians we see this old game played all too often in threads Get it?

You Russians here at SSC really need to get over your post cold war U.S. obsession and stop trying to convince yourself and others you with the mythology of Russia being white knights against the evil US empire.
And you are obviously bordering on russophobic racist trolling.

Last edited by coth; July 24th, 2010 at 02:01 AM.
coth no está en línea  
Old July 24th, 2010, 02:11 AM   #6487
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

So the handfull of Russians who often troll in threads about the U.S. on SSC are now considered their own race?

I didn't go into geo-political smack talk fest in a sports thread about Russia unlike your fellow Russian jingoist. Not every obnoxious nationalist is worth going into the trench with or you only share in the embarrassment. Learn the lesson Coth.
Old July 24th, 2010, 02:14 AM   #6488
RobH

Likes (Received): 10293

Quote:
You quote him yet ignore alid's irrelevant rants about war etc. I assume you're dealing with that via pm, being a mod n'all.

i nominate Jim b for moderatorship

Last edited by RobH; July 24th, 2010 at 02:25 AM.
RobH no está en línea  
Old July 24th, 2010, 02:34 AM   #6489
coth
pride leader

Quote:
So the handfull of Russians who often troll in threads about the U.S. on SSC are now considered their own race?

I didn't go into geo-political smack talk fest in a sports thread about Russia unlike your fellow Russian jingoist. Not every obnoxious nationalist is worth going into the trench with or you only share in the embarrassment. Learn the lesson Coth.
you always come into one arguments - all russians are trolls. may be it's a time to check your reflection in a mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
You quote him yet ignore alid's irrelevant rants about war etc. I assume you're dealing with that via pm, being a mod n'all.
some of alid's comments were sure not relevant to the topic, but nomarandlee's were far worse racial.

as i said from my point of view - china, like other bric countries, is important for fifa (for sponsors) mainly not because of their large economy, but because of economy is developing. very very large number of new potential customers far more important than slight, but expensive changes in market shares within developed markets.

Last edited by coth; July 24th, 2010 at 02:42 AM.
coth no está en línea  
Old July 24th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #6490
Matthew Lowry

Likes (Received): 4

2018 England
Matthew Lowry no está en línea  
Old July 24th, 2010, 01:59 PM   #6491
JimB

Quote:
Racist????????

Oh, please! Get over yourself.

Nothing worse than someone who is forever playing the racist card where it doesn't belong.

AILD came storming on to this thread, spouting reams of political mumbo jumbo that had no place here. In the circumstances, nomarandlee's response was quite restrained.
JimB no está en línea  
Old July 24th, 2010, 02:04 PM   #6492
RobH

Likes (Received): 10293

Exactly.
RobH no está en línea  
Old July 24th, 2010, 06:15 PM   #6493
Archbishop

Likes (Received): 145

Russian is a race now?
Archbishop no está en línea  
Old July 24th, 2010, 06:55 PM   #6494
DenilsonUK

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:

130 days to go...
DenilsonUK no está en línea  
Old July 24th, 2010, 10:15 PM   #6495
coth
pride leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
Racist????????

Oh, please! Get over yourself.

Nothing worse than someone who is forever playing the racist card where it doesn't belong.
Ethnicism if you wish, but Racism is a common term for all types of discriminations based on nationality. Be it Chinese or Arabian mod he wouldn't stand that long here with such claims.
Old July 24th, 2010, 10:24 PM   #6496
Buju Banton
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

2018 England
2022 Australia
2026 Morocco
2030 Uruguay/Argentina for 100th
Buju Banton no está en línea  
Old July 24th, 2010, 10:25 PM   #6497
JimB

Quote:
Ethnicism if you wish, but Racism is a common term for all types of discriminations based on nationality. Be it Chinese or Arabian mod he wouldn't stand that long here with such claims.
He'd stand much more of a chance than AILD!
JimB no está en línea  
Old July 25th, 2010, 12:01 AM   #6498
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Russians are an ethnic group. A specific contingent of Russian SSC members whop happen to troll endlessly don't make their own "race". Why are you not grasping this concept?

It would be far more interesting if you could tell us why an American should be able to go into a sports related thread and talk smack about Russia to the equivalent sad, insecure, bitter display that AILD's did. This is hardly the first thread that Russian trolls have derailed such threads in this one and in other non-related threads. For you to "get it" perhaps you need a mental exercise......

Quote:
Russia has only one way t continue their imperial existing - big war. They are trying to provoke it against Poland, Estonia, Georgia, Ukraine......
Summary for Rusheeple.
U.S. is among rare countries which have potential to remain stabile during collapse of the whole previous financial system, because we have enough high technology to consume and sell, food/water and military nuclear potential to prevent aggression against us.
This is why the 1980 and 2002 Winter Olympics and 1996, 1984 Summer Olympics have already been ours.
This is the main reason why FIFA must 2022 to USA.
If AILD has wrote such gibberish instead you would ask the hell his delusional trolling problem was? Such an American would be a bitter insecure wanker embarrassing themselves and I assure you when Russians, and their misguided fellow nationalist who back them, do it you look no less pathetic.
Old July 25th, 2010, 12:13 AM   #6499
AILD
BANNED

Likes (Received): 30

So, Gerald Celente or David Icke, for example, are also Russian trolls if they don't accept US terrorist policy?

Ok, I was wrong writing political things in sport thread, but it was done because I was sick of US "officials" about Kurdish terrorists support, and it doesn't change anything I said.

Mod can easily delete comments.
AILD no está en línea  
Old July 25th, 2010, 02:06 AM   #6500
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Please end all discussions re: race.

Sensitive political discussions will also result in an infraction, and so too will replies to political posts.

Accusations of racism will result in an infraction and will be taken very seriously.
Mo Rush no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup