daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old August 16th, 2010, 05:22 PM   #6581
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHbane View Post
They vie for SOG before.......SYD and PEK for SOG 2000

i hope to see another battle between aussie and chinese.......
You might but I don't see when it will occur.China had its chance re the WC but decided that the winter Olympics were more important,because they actually might win something there.

Its an interesting concept that the Chinese fella would come out with this now but quite frankly while the head of the AFC has his own bid involved he will do everything possible to make sure that an AFC team succeeds in 2022.

Also interesting how everyone thinks that FIFA would fall over themselves to host in China because it would be such a $ spinner.Well the same ratings will also occur in Australia,Japan or Korea-ratings that will absolutely smash the record for the cumulative global audience.
Would it be double??
_X_ no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2010, 11:27 PM   #6582
joshjordaan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 73
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHbane View Post
Yes,so i set the context that if US win 2022........

According to Weidi and CFA official, if asia does not win 2022, CHN definitely will strive for 2026.
Yes thats what i said, go look in my original post.
joshjordaan no está en línea  
Old August 17th, 2010, 04:02 AM   #6583
Joao Pedro - Fortal
Registered User
 
Joao Pedro - Fortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,113
Likes (Received): 7744

I don't know what are the rules to choose countries, but these are my favorites:

2018 - England
2022 - Australia
2026 - Portugal/Spain

Last edited by Joao Pedro - Fortal; August 17th, 2010 at 04:09 AM.
Joao Pedro - Fortal no está en línea  
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:54 AM   #6584
hngcm
Registered User
 
hngcm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,644
Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Also interesting how everyone thinks that FIFA would fall over themselves to host in China because it would be such a $ spinner.Well the same ratings will also occur in Australia,Japan or Korea-ratings that will absolutely smash the record for the cumulative global audience.
Would it be double??
It's not about the ratings, it's about expanding soccer in a country of 1.2 BILLION people.

If they can convert just 3% of the population to soccer....that's already more than the population of Australia.

It's all or nothing for Australia in 2022.
hngcm no está en línea  
Old August 17th, 2010, 08:51 AM   #6585
ryebreadraz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,597
Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hngcm View Post
It's not about the ratings, it's about expanding soccer in a country of 1.2 BILLION people.

If they can convert just 3% of the population to soccer....that's already more than the population of Australia.

It's all or nothing for Australia in 2022.
This. The sponsorship money for a China WC would be huge because of all those companies that want to further their influence in a gigantic market.
ryebreadraz no está en línea  
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #6586
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

Ratings certainly has a lot to do with it.
If the global cumulative total goes from 36 billion to 60 billion or more because its held in western Asia in 2022 then FIFA are 4 years further advanced with China ,India and Indonesia
Australia can facilitate that surge 4 years earlier,plus a large amount of foreigners will get their chance to see matches as per usual-something that is highly unlikely in a Chinese hosted WC
As far as 3% being Australias population ,yep Chinas gonna win against everyone on that count-.15 % in Qatar,6% in England,8% in Japan etc
I'm positive that a WC would grow the football market in Australia massively while also providing FIFA with brilliant timezones for China and India-its a huge factor
An Australian WC will turbocharge Asian football at the very earliest point
_X_ no está en línea  
Old August 17th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #6587
CPHbane
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 163
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
You might but I don't see when it will occur.China had its chance re the WC but decided that the winter Olympics were more important,because they actually might win something there.

Its an interesting concept that the Chinese fella would come out with this now but quite frankly while the head of the AFC has his own bid involved he will do everything possible to make sure that an AFC team succeeds in 2022.

Also interesting how everyone thinks that FIFA would fall over themselves to host in China because it would be such a $ spinner.Well the same ratings will also occur in Australia,Japan or Korea-ratings that will absolutely smash the record for the cumulative global audience.
Would it be double??
I don't think China value WOG more than WC.

Majority of Chinese are tired of winnning more and more Gold Medals. even for WOG, Vancouver 2010 witnessed them coming home with 5 Gold medals( considering China got its first Gold in 2002, this is impressing.........). As long as Central government invest in winter sports.......there will be more boring gold medal for chinese. According to sina.com in 2009 when Harbin was hesitate to bid for 2018, over 70% of chinese netizens in the poll voted against it, which is sharply contrast to the time of Beijing's bid.

WC for China is also controversial, but that is because of bad performance of national team, not because bid itself. just considering one Liga match which may attract over 30 million chinese people to watch in the night, you could anticipate how they are favoring this sport. and back to 2002 in Japan and Korea, many cities competed for match with Chinese national team even they are the worst.....because they could get more Chinese fans......
CPHbane no está en línea  
Old August 17th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #6588
CPHbane
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 163
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Ratings certainly has a lot to do with it.
If the global cumulative total goes from 36 billion to 60 billion or more because its held in western Asia in 2022 then FIFA are 4 years further advanced with China ,India and Indonesia
Australia can facilitate that surge 4 years earlier,plus a large amount of foreigners will get their chance to see matches as per usual-something that is highly unlikely in a Chinese hosted WC
As far as 3% being Australias population ,yep Chinas gonna win against everyone on that count-.15 % in Qatar,6% in England,8% in Japan etc
I'm positive that a WC would grow the football market in Australia massively while also providing FIFA with brilliant timezones for China and India-its a huge factor
An Australian WC will turbocharge Asian football at the very earliest point
For timezone factor, is it good for europeans if in OZ?
CPHbane no está en línea  
Old August 17th, 2010, 02:41 PM   #6589
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHbane View Post
For timezone factor, is it good for europeans if in OZ?
Not bad actually-all daytime matches-earliest 6am
_X_ no está en línea  
Old August 17th, 2010, 06:07 PM   #6590
hullaboo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHbane View Post
I don't think China value WOG more than WC.

Majority of Chinese are tired of winnning more and more Gold Medals. even for WOG, Vancouver 2010 witnessed them coming home with 5 Gold medals( considering China got its first Gold in 2002, this is impressing.........). As long as Central government invest in winter sports.......there will be more boring gold medal for chinese. According to sina.com in 2009 when Harbin was hesitate to bid for 2018, over 70% of chinese netizens in the poll voted against it, which is sharply contrast to the time of Beijing's bid.

WC for China is also controversial, but that is because of bad performance of national team, not because bid itself. just considering one Liga match which may attract over 30 million chinese people to watch in the night, you could anticipate how they are favoring this sport. and back to 2002 in Japan and Korea, many cities competed for match with Chinese national team even they are the worst.....because they could get more Chinese fans......
not to shoot you down, but i will anyway, no cities competed to host the chinese national team as they are allocated by fifa when the draw is done so that is point 1, point 2 so they could get more chinese fans? are you kidding???

china has never travelled in numbers to sports events and often relies on local resident chinese for support or students,

3 world cup matches

costa rica, gwanju stadium att:27,217 cap:42,880
brazil, jeju stadium att:36,750 cap:42,256
turkey, seoul wc stadium att:43,605 cap:64,667

you could buy tickets for all the matches on the day very easily, and before you say it i am not anti china, i live in shanghai, but i would rather someone state the facts rather than blind presumption which you have, assuming your a student from china though because of the way you view things though. but learn facts not fiction
hullaboo no está en línea  
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:42 PM   #6591
Rev Stickleback
Registered User
 
Rev Stickleback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,107
Likes (Received): 1921

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Not bad actually-all daytime matches-earliest 6am
It depends. Early games at this world cup were at 1.30 local time. That would be (Perth excepted - and Adelaide by 1/2 an hour) 4.30 UK time, 5.30 for most of Europe.

As far as TV deals go though, being held in Japan/Korea didn't harm tv revenues any, so it's not a major issue.
Rev Stickleback no está en línea  
Old August 18th, 2010, 02:21 AM   #6592
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Stickleback View Post
It depends. Early games at this world cup were at 1.30 local time. That would be (Perth excepted - and Adelaide by 1/2 an hour) 4.30 UK time, 5.30 for most of Europe.

As far as TV deals go though, being held in Japan/Korea didn't harm tv revenues any, so it's not a major issue.
No it doesn't depend at all mate,its confirmed that early games for an Australian World Cup are 3pm on the East Coast.This means worst case scenario is 6am in the UK,7am for Central European Time
An early game from Perth would be at 8am in the UK,9am in CET
_X_ no está en línea  
Old August 18th, 2010, 10:02 AM   #6593
ExSydney
Melbourne-Sydneysider
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 370
Likes (Received): 78

I can see kickoff times for an Australian WC to be

3pm (EST)
5.30pm (EST)
8.30pm(EST and WST)

In other Words

3pm Brisbane=
7am Central Europe Time(CET)

5.30pm Sydney=
9.30am CET

8.30pm Melbourne=
12.30pm CET

8.30pm Perth=
2.30pm CET

In other words a WC in Australia would be televised into Central Europe live from 7am-4.30pm for most group games.

As finals will be held at night and mainly on the East Coast(maybe a semi in Perth),all finals will start at 12.30pm at the earliest.

No prime time for Europe but certainly not in the middle of the night!
ExSydney no está en línea  
Old August 20th, 2010, 03:40 PM   #6594
vank
Registered User
 
vank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gent
Posts: 7,938

Octopus Paul said that England will win the World Championship 2018.
vank no está en línea  
Old August 20th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #6595
coth
pride leader
 
coth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Moscow
Posts: 21,630
Likes (Received): 6818

Who is this, anyone knows?
__________________
coth no está en línea  
Old August 20th, 2010, 03:54 PM   #6596
Matthew Lowry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape Town South Africa
Posts: 499
Likes (Received): 4

That Time differcwe did not stop Japan and South Korea hosting the event.

2018 Russia or England
2022 AUSTRALIA
Matthew Lowry no está en línea  
Old August 20th, 2010, 04:21 PM   #6597
AILD
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 506
Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by vank View Post
Octopus Paul said that England will win the World Championship 2018.
Where are other bidders? Here, I don't see anyone except England: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-2018-bid.html

And it's already a wrong choice if it is not between 2 variants.
AILD no está en línea  
Old August 20th, 2010, 05:43 PM   #6598
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

More importantly Dirty Harry the Croc has predicted the winner of our Federal Election in Australia tomorrow
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...on-result.html
__________________
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old August 20th, 2010, 07:35 PM   #6599
Walbanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,239
Likes (Received): 1103

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
More importantly Dirty Harry the Croc has predicted the winner of our Federal Election in Australia tomorrow
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...on-result.html
Oh yeah. Miss Maud says otherwise.
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/th...0905-4ael.html

Sorry guys. Back to the WC.
2018 Someone in Europe, I don't care.
2022 Australia or else
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old August 20th, 2010, 08:07 PM   #6600
CaliforniaJones
Registered User
 
CaliforniaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orange County
Posts: 369
Likes (Received): 255

2018: England / Russia
2022 United States

With Brazil, Russia, the USA and maybe China, FIFA would give WC to continental countries.
__________________
My Globe-Trotter network
http://gttravel.ning.com
CaliforniaJones no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu