daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 30th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #7001
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Oooooooooooooooooo

So just because FIFA has said that its not allowed (which is obvious from the beginning) that its the end of the world for the Qatar bid !!? seriously, this is such a childish game we are playing.

Hell must have broke loose when FIFA inspector also stated that Qatar currently has logistical problems (duh, the games are 12 years away...)

I will say what i want and I dont really care, really, you shouldnt be botherd anyways

WE HAVE DEALS WITH MANY COUNTRIES, AND THE LIST IS INCREASING WEATHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT

The issue is not just related to a couple of FIFA Executive committee members anymore, but rather governments, major companies and important world figures in sport and politics.

We could say that we might have grabbed the German vote as well

What proof does FIFA have of Qatar bribing the members ? nothing. If they have proof they could clearly be seen as "gifts" the rest is really details.

Answer me this, has Australia or USA done what they have to do to grab enough votes for this World Cup ? it seems from what i see that Qatar is the only one that "really" wants this.
Australia has opted to move its most popular sports code to comply with the FIFA guide lines. What did Qatar do they opted out for an Earlier game. Reason A.

Australia has a population much larger than Qatar, infact around 5 of our cities, have more or around about the same population as Qatar. Reason B

I could go on but, it's not worth wasting away energy on mindless idiots like you.
Solopop no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2010, 05:20 PM   #7002
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
Your the only one of the 'qatari's' (not all but the qataris that post in your bid thread) worth listening to/reading.

Australia and USA have easily done enough to show they want it - much more than Qatar so I ask you, what has Qatar really done to really show that they really want the WC. It seems that most of the people currently in Qatar could honestly not give a damn about it because they won't be in the country by 2022.
I keep getting that, not sure why.. is it because I try to cope with your attitude by replying in a similar manner ? Interesting.

I still want to see you saying what Australia and USA has done to get 2022. why do I have to answer with a lot of info and you dont by simply saying "we did it already, what about you".

--------------
Well I didn't really mention "show" that it wants to host, but rather the actions being taken.

BUT, that fact that the country spent 1.5 Million Euros on a showcase model for the second generation cooling, so that if we were to host the world cup, the actual game will in no way be affected by the heat (+ comfort for spectators). Doing it in an environmentally friendly way (carbon neutral).

Blatter visiting Qatar and stating that the Middle East should host the world cup and Qatar has a very good chance to be the first. not to mention that he witnessed a cup final and visited the first outdoor air conditioned stadium in the world.

Being the only country in Asia to host the AFC Asian Cup for the 2nd time (Qatar 2011 Asian Cup) + The most successful Asian Games ever (Doha 2006).

Brazilian & South African Support (Hosts of 2010 & 2014 FIFA WC) +
many countries support for the bid such as: Venezuela, El Salvador, Arab Countries etc.

Hosting world class international friendlies (Brazil vs England + Brazil vs Argentina)

Providing a full scale bid with full 12 stadiums all of them with FIFA requirements (In terms of number of stadiums and capacities)

Providing 170,000 seats to be donated to developing countries thus post world cup, their will be 22 stadiums built around the world. Thus having a great legacy of 11 stadiums with appropriate capacities.

,,,,,.. Just a little from the top of my head...
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #7003
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
Australia has opted to move its most popular sports code to comply with the FIFA guide lines. What did Qatar do they opted out for an Earlier game. Reason A.

Australia has a population much larger than Qatar, infact around 5 of our cities, have more or around about the same population as Qatar. Reason B

I could go on but, it's not worth wasting away energy on mindless idiots like you.
See, even you cant give a serious response. thats not related to what Australia has done to show how much it wants the WC. higher population ? seriously ? I wasn't aware of a "Increase population for the sake of 2022 Bid" drive/program.....

On the other hand Qatar didn't need to move any sport since THE main sport IS FOOTBALL. Apparently unlike Australia or USA.

oh and, Ehem...

Quote:
1 It is prohibited to insult, demean (directly or indirectly) another forumer or Moderator.
This includes racist comments based on nationality. Provocations of any sort will be sanctioned accordingly.
Old September 30th, 2010, 05:35 PM   #7004
Solopop
Solopop

Australia.

Hosted 2 Olympics. 2000 Sydney - said to be the greatest ever.
Has actually made it to the WC.
Unlike Qatar, we don't face logistical challenges like weather, and infrastructure.
We have a population that can be relied on to fill stadiums.
Countless sporting events that pit Qatars list to shame.
Supported by the likes of Indonesia one of the worlds largest countries
Is organising events even before the winner is annouced - Breakfast on the Bridge
Falls into one of the best timezones for the worlds largest football watching region.
Backed by, Everton Manager, Nicole Kidman, Qantas, PwC. Countless other people.
Through the 1GOAL program we are helping defeat aids in Africa and spread the game.

That's just off the top of my head.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #7005
Solopop
Solopop

Quote:
See, even you cant give a serious response. thats not related to what Australia has done to show how much it wants the WC. higher population ? seriously ? I wasn't aware of a "Increase population for the sake of 2022 Bid" drive/program.....

On the other hand Qatar didn't need to move any sport since THE main sport IS FOOTBALL. Apparently unlike Australia or USA.

oh and, Ehem...
Just proved how diversified we are, compared to our fellow competitors.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2010, 05:49 PM   #7006
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

The Blatter and Bin Hammam Agreement
  • Bin Hammam backs off from FIFA Elections
  • Qatar Hosting 2022 FIFA WC
  • Bin Hammam AFC President for another term.
  • Bin Hammam supports Blatter for FIFA Presidency.

+

Qatar's bid is CENTRAL, its in the middle of the world, UNLIKE AUSTRALIA, it would be able to satisfy Europe, Africa & Asia with Prime time and semi-prime time matches. (3.5 Billion in Prime time).
Old September 30th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #7007
Solopop
Solopop

^
ahahaha! Yeah, and I'm KIng Kong.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:24 PM   #7008
slipperydog

Likes (Received): 2401

I am really excited about attending the World Cup in 2022. If it was in Australia or the US, I would be there in a heartbeat. But as an objective observer, I have to say that if it was awarded to Qatar, I wouldn't even consider going. It's just not appealing to me whatsoever. And I just have this feeling that most fans throughout the world agree with me. To shell out thousands of dollars and deal with the hassle of travel, you have to give the fans a pretty convincing reason to do so.

The stereotypes are that it is a barren desert, bloody hot, extremely conservative, and alcohol unfriendly. Whether these are true or not, people often make decisions based on perception, not reality. And the general perception of the Middle East worldwide is not very positive. No offense intended, but because of this, I believe it would be one of the most poorly attended World Cups ever.
slipperydog no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:44 PM   #7009
hngcm

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperydog View Post
I am really excited about attending the World Cup in 2022. If it was in Australia or the US, I would be there in a heartbeat. But as an objective observer, I have to say that if it was awarded to Qatar, I wouldn't even consider going. It's just not appealing to me whatsoever. And I just have this feeling that most fans throughout the world agree with me. To shell out thousands of dollars and deal with the hassle of travel, you have to give the fans a pretty convincing reason to do so.

The stereotypes are that it is a barren desert, bloody hot, extremely conservative, and alcohol unfriendly. Whether these are true or not, people often make decisions based on perception, not reality. And the general perception of the Middle East worldwide is not very positive. No offense intended, but because of this, I believe it would be one of the most poorly attended World Cups ever.
Yup.

Would you rather travel to:

New York City, Washington DC, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Miami.

OR

Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide.

OR

Doha, Doha, Doha, Doha, oh and Doha.
hngcm no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #7010
ryebreadraz

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Good blog article on the 2022 competition from the BBC. Dismisses Japan, Korea and Qatar, and tends to favour Australia over the US. A good summary overall.

Link
Makes a lot of good points. I think it doesn't mention enough the money generated by a US World Cup, but I think we all know about that. With regards to legacy, I'm curious what the difference in money spent on legacy related things and its impact between the different bidding countries. You would think the US would be able to make so much more that they would be able to create a greater legacy, but how much more, I don't know and the Australians still have a very good bid. While I'd love the US to win 2022, I'll make the trip to Australia if they get it. I've been there before and it's a fantastic country.
ryebreadraz no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:23 AM   #7011
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
I keep getting that, not sure why.. is it because I try to cope with your attitude by replying in a similar manner ? Interesting.

I still want to see you saying what Australia and USA has done to get 2022. why do I have to answer with a lot of info and you dont by simply saying "we did it already, what about you".

--------------
Well I didn't really mention "show" that it wants to host, but rather the actions being taken.

BUT, that fact that the country spent 1.5 Million Euros on a showcase model for the second generation cooling, so that if we were to host the world cup, the actual game will in no way be affected by the heat (+ comfort for spectators). Doing it in an environmentally friendly way (carbon neutral).

Blatter visiting Qatar and stating that the Middle East should host the world cup and Qatar has a very good chance to be the first. not to mention that he witnessed a cup final and visited the first outdoor air conditioned stadium in the world.

Being the only country in Asia to host the AFC Asian Cup for the 2nd time (Qatar 2011 Asian Cup) + The most successful Asian Games ever (Doha 2006).

Brazilian & South African Support (Hosts of 2010 & 2014 FIFA WC) +
many countries support for the bid such as: Venezuela, El Salvador, Arab Countries etc.

Hosting world class international friendlies (Brazil vs England + Brazil vs Argentina)

Providing a full scale bid with full 12 stadiums all of them with FIFA requirements (In terms of number of stadiums and capacities)

Providing 170,000 seats to be donated to developing countries thus post world cup, their will be 22 stadiums built around the world. Thus having a great legacy of 11 stadiums with appropriate capacities.

,,,,,.. Just a little from the top of my head...
Those points alone should get Qatar over the line....
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:34 AM   #7012
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
The Blatter and Bin Hammam Agreement
  • Bin Hammam backs off from FIFA Elections
  • Qatar Hosting 2022 FIFA WC
  • Bin Hammam AFC President for another term.
  • Bin Hammam supports Blatter for FIFA Presidency.

+

Qatar's bid is CENTRAL, its in the middle of the world, UNLIKE AUSTRALIA, it would be able to satisfy Europe, Africa & Asia with Prime time and semi-prime time matches. (3.5 Billion in Prime time).
None of which matters since the bid is impossible.

No hosting so many venues in 1 city, not today, not in 2022, with or without Blatter.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2010, 01:05 AM   #7013
timmy- brissy
Don't Stare!

Likes (Received): 28

Well, well, well...as a englishmen i don't really care about us winning the world cup, sure it would be nice but i can't imagine me living here by then. We are the home of football, have infrastructure, the passionate fans and if built new stadiums they would be used afterwards. We also feature the most football league's in the world. Honestly London could quite easily hold the WC on it's own! But that's not going to happen...

Spain and Portugal - would also like to see this nice weather, nice culture and have a big football passion just keep out the flares! Spain and Portugal should still be big teams and players like Canales will be coming to 28 or so i think. Would have the Nou Camp as the final though.

Holland and Belgium - hardly un-talked about. Would be great to see these guys hold it, two countries who don't do anything wrong and keep to themselves. Good stadia some work though.

Russia - They show a lot of money and determination but it's going to have sort out it's perception. Many westerners just don't want to go to Russia, me included! Sort that out and you'll make your bet stronger.

As for our fellow companions of english speaking nations. I would thorougly enjoy them both holding the world cup! Australia has the weather, cities, culture, sporting life style and the unique wildlife can only add to that! Still need better stadia but they're who i really want. America ah, you guys a long with Australians get so much slack for your lack of football culture. But these events will only make the sport stronger over there. I would love for it to be in America, just so i could go and visit LA again and watch England or Spain play. Of course if some matches we're played in LA i wonder how many celebs would turn up to support the US? :P But you have stadiums, advertisement and the infrastructure quite easily, adding public transport would be a nice additions as well.

But really i don't mind who wins, as long as they showcase great stadiums, football passion and grow the sport you have my support.
timmy- brissy no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2010, 06:18 AM   #7014
Trelawny
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

I demand the Australian trolls to be banned.
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2010, 07:27 AM   #7015
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
Come on mate,can you just accept the fact that its universal that no one wants the WC in Qatar and that is reflected in these threads.Anyone I know that has been to a WC has already stated they would not attend.Not only that, the bid doesn't comply with the national hosting agreement or the host city agreement
Imagine a USA v England match in Qatar.Well actually that could include USA,England,Australia,Spain,South Korea,Japan,Portugal-7 of the other bidders who have fought in Iraq and Afghanistan or others such as Germany ,France,Italy,Canada,Poland,Romania,Turkey,Denmark, Bulgaria,Sweden,Czech Republic,Norway,Hungary,Slovakia, Albania,Croatia,Lithuania,Macedonia,New Zealand,Latvia, Estonia,Azerbaijan,Finland,Greece,Slovenia,Armenia,Malaysia,Montenegro,Singapore,Ukraine,Bosnia,Luxembourg,Ireland, Jordan,Austria,Iceland.

Thats 25 of the top 50 FIFA ranked nations(including Israel) that Doha's neighbours (Iran or Saudi Arabia) would not be happy with making it an impossible task for a secure WC
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2010, 11:16 AM   #7016
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Come on mate,can you just accept the fact that its universal that no one wants the WC in Qatar and that is reflected in these threads.Anyone I know that has been to a WC has already stated they would not attend.Not only that, the bid doesn't comply with the national hosting agreement or the host city agreement
Imagine a USA v England match in Qatar.Well actually that could include USA,England,Australia,Spain,South Korea,Japan,Portugal-7 of the other bidders who have fought in Iraq and Afghanistan or others such as Germany ,France,Italy,Canada,Poland,Romania,Turkey,Denmark, Bulgaria,Sweden,Czech Republic,Norway,Hungary,Slovakia, Albania,Croatia,Lithuania,Macedonia,New Zealand,Latvia, Estonia,Azerbaijan,Finland,Greece,Slovenia,Armenia,Malaysia,Montenegro,Singapore,Ukraine,Bosnia,Luxembourg,Ireland, Jordan,Austria,Iceland.

Thats 25 of the top 50 FIFA ranked nations(including Israel) that Doha's neighbours (Iran or Saudi Arabia) would not be happy with making it an impossible task for a secure WC
This post makes 0 sense.... I mean really, SO WHAT ? whats wrong with the countries you have listed ? Clearly you dont know anything about Qatar or its 2022 bid.

Qatar is Iran BEST ally in the region and Saudi Arabia so far is the most supporting of Qatar's neighbors. so what are you on about.

+

Brazil vs England last year, I dont recall any death threats or mass riots, this isnt the Israeli-Palestinian borders or Iraq.... for such a great level match to have a great attendance and no problems whatsoever is really good, there will most probably be no problems in attendance in 2022.
Old October 1st, 2010, 11:43 AM   #7017
slipperydog

Likes (Received): 2401

Quote:
.... for such a great level match to have a great attendance and no problems whatsoever is really good, there will most probably be no problems in attendance in 2022.
Well, like I said, if it's hosted in Australia or the USA, FIFA will have a guaranteed attendee (myself). If it's in Qatar, FIFA will have a guaranteed non-attendee.

So if there's more like myself, then yes, I think there will be attendance problems.
slipperydog no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2010, 11:49 AM   #7018
timmy- brissy
Don't Stare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
It's not like you've not been trolling... i've read the last 50 pages and you do indeed troll! So quiet down and stop being so hypocritical.
Old October 1st, 2010, 11:53 AM   #7019
timmy- brissy
Don't Stare!

I admire Qatar's determination, but to be honest Qatar has hardly any relevance on football in the world scale. Now America or Australia don't exactly too but at least they have good national teams and have created some great players and America seems to be creating some great talent. But if football relevance to world is a thing for Fifa, England, Spain/ Portugal and Holland/Belgium are right up there.
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:00 PM   #7020
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperydog View Post
Well, like I said, if it's hosted in Australia or the USA, FIFA will have a guaranteed attendee (myself). If it's in Qatar, FIFA will have a guaranteed non-attendee.

So if there's more like myself, then yes, I think there will be attendance problems.
I wouldn't be interested in visiting Qatar for a WC either. The World Cup is a big party, people partying on the streets, drinking etc Can you imagine that happening in Qatar? I think not.
Wezza no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup