daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old October 1st, 2010, 02:46 PM   #7021
Russia__WC__2018
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy- brissy View Post
Many westerners just don't want to go to Russia, me included! Sort that out and you'll make your bet stronger.
No, you don't want to go in that "Russia" from Holysh*twood movies and mass media. This is a different country .
Russia__WC__2018 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2010, 02:51 PM   #7022
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

^
I don't want to go! I mean in Soviet Russie, tv watches you!
Solopop no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2010, 02:52 PM   #7023
Russia__WC__2018
BANNED

World Cup Bid Power Index: Russia Close on England; USA Top Qatar

http://www.worldfootballinsider.com/Story.aspx?id=33759
Old October 1st, 2010, 02:54 PM   #7024
Marek.kvackaj

Likes (Received): 15

I have voted for

Australia 2018 - never hosted FIFA WC, they are having capital

Russia 2022 - never hosted FIFA WC, they are having capital too
Marek.kvackaj no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2010, 02:58 PM   #7025
Russia__WC__2018
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
^
I don't want to go! I mean in Soviet Russie, tv watches you!
Russia is not Soviet, just by secret for you . Actually you can not go, having Cold War dinosours who still can't wake up from coma is not good .
And you mean CCTV and Big Brother in England, PATRIOT acts in USA, etc.?

Old October 1st, 2010, 03:02 PM   #7026
Russia__WC__2018
BANNED

Old October 1st, 2010, 03:14 PM   #7027
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russia__WC__2018 View Post
I would give International PR a 8 and Gov't./Public Support a 7 for the USA. And how do they determine Wow Factor and USPS? It seems that 6 is too low for the USA.
Old October 1st, 2010, 04:07 PM   #7028
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

I wouldn't be too concerned with World Football Insider and their assessment as it was found out about 5 months ago to be bankrolled by the Qatar bid team
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2010, 04:11 PM   #7029
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperydog View Post
Well, like I said, if it's hosted in Australia or the USA, FIFA will have a guaranteed attendee (myself). If it's in Qatar, FIFA will have a guaranteed non-attendee.

So if there's more like myself, then yes, I think there will be attendance problems.
No, 2022 is 12 years away, we will have a newer generation to take "your" place. + we have the entire Arab world around us, they will come DUH. It doesn't necessarily have to be international attendance, in the end its your decision and your loss, stick to your TV screen.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2010, 04:20 PM   #7030
RobH

Likes (Received): 10315

Quote:
It doesn't necessarily have to be international attendance
I'm sorry, but it does and a world cup without international attendence isn't a world cup!!

Tickets will be given over to the FAs of the teams which qualify and it will be up to them to sell them onto their fans. So fans' perceptions of a country are, or at least ought to be important when FIFA makes their final decision. If FIFA thinks they'll have trouble attracting people to a given country, they won't particularly like the argument that the world cup stadiums could "instead" be filled with locals; it doesn't work like that.
RobH no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2010, 04:30 PM   #7031
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
No, 2022 is 12 years away, we will have a newer generation to take "your" place. + we have the entire Arab world around us, they will come DUH. It doesn't necessarily have to be international attendance, in the end its your decision and your loss, stick to your TV screen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe500eIK1oA
Solopop no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2010, 05:25 PM   #7032
mattec

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
love that song
mattec no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2010, 05:42 PM   #7033
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1103

Quote:
Russia is not Soviet, just by secret for you . Actually you can not go, having Cold War dinosours who still can't wake up from coma is not good .
And you mean CCTV and Big Brother in England, PATRIOT acts in USA, etc.?
Mate, don't get too upset. He is merely making a pop culture reference which I wouldn't expect a Russian to of heard and it is no big loss. He really isn't making any serious fun at Russia.
Have a look at this guy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakov_Smirnoff

Quote:
Though I don't pay much attention to this table as it is so subjective, some of the groups don't even make clear if having a lower number is necessarily bad. Australia and 4 other nations are given a 5 for Cost/Funding resources. Couldn't that be interpreted that they have an economically sound funding arrangment and with most infrastructure built, it won't cost as much to stage. Since when was most expensive the best.

Reading what they wrote about Australia shows shodding journalism as the issues they have mentioned have been resolved long before this was published. They even have a go at Australia for "Having to wait for the bid book" to know what venues would most likely be use which is the same for most bids yet made no mention that Qatar only provided 5 renders to the public for months.

I could go on but after reading what they had to say over numerous issues, it's more informative reading people's thoughts and views on this site from various intelligent people who post here.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2010, 06:06 PM   #7034
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbanger View Post
Mate, don't get too upset. He is merely making a pop culture reference which I wouldn't expect a Russian to of heard and it is no big loss. He really isn't making any serious fun at Russia.
Have a look at this guy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakov_Smirnoff

Though I don't pay much attention to this table as it is so subjective, some of the groups don't even make clear if having a lower number is necessarily bad. Australia and 4 other nations are given a 5 for Cost/Funding resources. Couldn't that be interpreted that they have an economically sound funding arrangment and with most infrastructure built, it won't cost as much to stage. Since when was most expensive the best.

Reading what they wrote about Australia shows shodding journalism as the issues they have mentioned have been resolved long before this was published. They even have a go at Australia for "Having to wait for the bid book" to know what venues would most likely be use which is the same for most bids yet made no mention that Qatar only provided 5 renders to the public for months.

I could go on but after reading what they had to say over numerous issues, it's more informative reading people's thoughts and views on this site from various intelligent people who post here.
Thats because the Qatar bid team funds the site/pays for them to say positive and false things about Qatar.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2010, 12:48 PM   #7035
_X_

Yeah.Its strange because they state the obvious which is "Doha's bid is now unofficially dead" yet their score went up 2 points
Quote:
Qatar - Quite how badly Qatar will suffer from Harold Mayne-Nicholls's summing up at the conclusion of the FIFA inspection tour remains to be seen. But his “logistical challenges” comment made headlines worldwide; he questioned whether a small nation could host the finals and failed to make reference to the revolutionary new cooling technologies that have been touted as a key aspects of the bid. The sense that the normally even-handed Chilean had been unfair was palpable at the Doha press conference, for underlying his message was a sentiment that no matter what the rich Gulf kingdom promised it wouldn't be good enough. It was a big blow for Qatar. But the bid continues to run an excellent campaign, with money no object. Its new stadium plans are stunning and it boasts strong international and domestic legacy plans. The bid believes it has provided a viable solution to the problems posed by heat but the difficulty lies in overcoming perceptions that the country is just too hot and too small for the World Cup. Qatar's campaign is building up a head of steam, and with AFC president Mohammed Bin Hammam throwing his weight behind it, not least when he has given up on his FIFA presidential ambitions for another four years, there's no discounting the Gulf state's chances.
Has he cut a deal to get European support for his bid? We can only wait and see.
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2010, 12:56 PM   #7036
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

That Bid Power Index is as ludicrous as the 2016 Olympic index.

I think it had Rio's transport score close to that of Madrid's....how do they expect people to take it seriously when its basically rubbish?
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2010, 12:57 PM   #7037
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

I also don't think they quite understand the word "legacy".
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2010, 04:46 PM   #7038
_X_

Nor security
How does Qatar score a 5 when its so open to insurgency,suicide bombers or airspace incursions via rocket launchers etc with neighbours like Iran and Saudi that hate the West severely and don't even recognise Israel.Very hostile part of the world at this point ,and who knows what the politics of this world will look like in 12 years
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2010, 05:00 PM   #7039
Trelawny
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Nor security
How does Qatar score a 5 when its so open to insurgency,suicide bombers or airspace incursions via rocket launchers etc with neighbours like Iran and Saudi that hate the West severely and don't even recognise Israel.Very hostile part of the world at this point ,and who knows what the politics of this world will look like in 12 years
You are Islamophobic. The only people you need to worry about is the west and Israel doing air raids on civilians.
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2010, 05:09 PM   #7040
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
You are Islamophobic. The only people you need to worry about is the west and Israel doing air raids on civilians.
you ar mikee mousse u dont deserv ur own opinioion.

I'm loving the dribble that you keep posting
Will737 no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup