daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old October 4th, 2010, 08:31 AM   #7061
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
Yes I know your of Indonesian decent. I was only talking to the other dude and it was based on other comments he made as well. I have read that the Australians are become more and more fearful and worried about their rising northern neighbor. Maybe you should think twice before you chose who to support. . But lets get back on topic.

It's true. Saudi Arabia and America are like best friends. They are an alliance against Iran, building high tech nukes and spy stations. It's there oil state.

This is about the world cup bids though.
Be very careful. You're 2 steps from being booted out of here.
Mo Rush no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2010, 12:50 PM   #7062
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Uh I was clearly talking to "X", but it's all good now. People will say crazy things what they might not mean in the heat of the moment.

X is a good guy though, i see he went to South Africa during the world cup and did some good things. The guy wants the world cup in Australia and might say some crazy things untill his dream comes true.

But Australia 2022 will only be dream, it will never become reality.
Thanks for the backhanded compliment

I'm far from Islamaphobic.I've been to both Turkey and Egypt-both amazing Muslim countries,both tourism hotspots that would do a great job of hosting a technically compliant FIFA World Cup.
Been particularly interested in the Turkish Superlig,where a number of Australians are playing especially Galla where a few NT players are.Also following the fortunes of the Turkish National team under Guus.I'm sure they'll do very well.And of course its only a matter of time before the Egyptians break though internationally,a great team to watch

http://www.facebook.com/harrykewellfanpages
401,714 people like this
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 4th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #7063
Gondolier

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
2 Months left!! . Fifa should just eliminate countries as we go on. South Korea, Japan, Belgium/Holland should just be eliminated now.
R u kidding? That would mean two major Zurich hotels empty for at least 3 days!!
Gondolier no está en línea  
Old October 4th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #7064
MysteryMike
BANNED

I love this word Islamaphobic. I wonder what the exact word was when I was living in Qatar and I could have been arrested and put into prison for practicing/praying towards any other religion other than Islam mmm yeah FAIL!. I haven't seen any such words or phrases within this forum, it has all been in relation to the technical failures of Qatar and suddenly it becomes Islamaphobic. How is it that anyone can support a world cup bid for Egypt or Morocco( btw 2 nations who truly deserve to host a football world cup) and suddenly be an Islamaphobe? Just face it buddy. Qatar is a failure, Qatar is a failure technically, Qatar is a failure politically, Qatar is a failure in world football and quite frankly Qatar should remove it's bid ASAP because frankly Qatar is a Failure with the biggest capital F out of all the bids. There is no more to Fail. Just an official word of withdrawal/elimination from FIFA due to the totally absurd logistics/logic behind the bid. Qatar's world cup bid has been an absolute utter embarrassment to everyone concerned.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 5th, 2010, 12:28 AM   #7065
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 5th, 2010, 09:31 PM   #7066
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
I love this word Islamaphobic. I wonder what the exact word was when I was living in Qatar and I could have been arrested and put into prison for practicing/praying towards any other religion other than Islam mmm yeah FAIL!. I haven't seen any such words or phrases within this forum, it has all been in relation to the technical failures of Qatar and suddenly it becomes Islamaphobic. How is it that anyone can support a world cup bid for Egypt or Morocco( btw 2 nations who truly deserve to host a football world cup) and suddenly be an Islamaphobe? Just face it buddy. Qatar is a failure, Qatar is a failure technically, Qatar is a failure politically, Qatar is a failure in world football and quite frankly Qatar should remove it's bid ASAP because frankly Qatar is a Failure with the biggest capital F out of all the bids. There is no more to Fail. Just an official word of withdrawal/elimination from FIFA due to the totally absurd logistics/logic behind the bid. Qatar's world cup bid has been an absolute utter embarrassment to everyone concerned.
Shows how naive you are. We have the largest official (government backed) Church in the Gulf region + A Jewish synagogue under construction. So what exactly are you on about ?

This thread has reached new levels with clear objectives of creating a bad image of the Qatari bid, ignoring all pro's and bringing up irrelevant/false cons. Pure result of envy, jealousy, hatred & racism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
Masa al kheir from Egypt ya basha. Qatar's bid is apocryphal, obscene, antithetical, hostile, asinine, embarrassing, contemptuous and an insult.

Football character assassination. An apology and withdrawal would be in place.

You'll probably find me featuring on youtube in a decapitation video shortly, having advocated anti-islam sentiments.
Bala 5heir bala um 7mar, ay 5heir min warak ya mal3oon elwalden, la3alek ma terba7 6ool ma roo7ek tetnafas elhawa. Al7een hatha t8ool-lah Basha ?!! Labook labo abo abook, ya um elhelan int !! 7sabek insha2allah 3end allah sub7anah, w yarab yestajeeb da3wati 3leek lel w nahar. ya 6'alem ya 7a8eer ya munafi8. Got that Oncebittentwiceshy ?

Apology and withdrawal ? you must be having dreams after you knew that Qatar is the most likely host of the 2022 edition of the World Cup. Thats whats wrong with you, fear, and your trying everything you can do so that this bid stops ASAP. good luck doing that, since posting a couple of posts here and there on SSC is not going to help you achieve your objective.

Last edited by Qatar Son 333; October 5th, 2010 at 09:42 PM.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old October 5th, 2010, 09:51 PM   #7067
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
This thread has reached new levels with clear objectives of creating a bad image of the Qatari bid, ignoring all pro's and bringing up irrelevant/false cons. Pure result of envy, jealousy, hatred & racism.
Be very very careful. Accusations of racism will be taken as seriously as racist remarks.

I can assure that I am neither Islamophobic, envious , jealous or racist and if anybody continues using the "race card" because its convenient, rather than to address the real challenges with this wishful bid, I can't assure you that you will be around here for much longer.

The nature of the World Cup as an event, continues to elude the minds of any blind nationalists who would support Qatar regardless of the reality.

Qatar should be praised for trying but its very concept is the very thing that will or might see it eliminated from the race before the vote.

So the next time somebody questions 6-10 venues in one city, yes its one city, and they are replied to with a "race card", it will be taken as an accusation of racism and be dealth with accordingly.

Money can't buy anything. The sooner some realize that the fewer "race cards" we will see.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 5th, 2010, 10:00 PM   #7068
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
Be very very careful. Accusations of racism will be taken as seriously as racist remarks.

I Havent seen any actions taken, you keep repeating the same thing and people keep on going.

I can assure that I am neither Islamophobic, envious , jealous or racist

You didnt need to clarify that. although some members have serious issues.

and if anybody continues using the "race card" because its convenient, rather than to address the real challenges with this wishful bid, I can't assure you that you will be around here for much longer.

Lets hope some actions is taken ASAP

The nature of the World Cup as an event, continues to elude the minds of any blind nationalists who would support Qatar regardless of the reality.

Whatever you say boss.

Qatar should be praised for trying but its very concept is the very thing that will or might see it eliminated from the race before the vote.

58 Days left, I am sure if it were to be eliminated it wouldn't have gone this far Mo.

So the next time somebody questions 6-10 venues in one city, yes its one city, and they are replied to with a "race card", it will be taken as an accusation of racism and be dealth with accordingly.
Instead of bashing Qatar's bid, find something useful to do. (For all members)
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old October 6th, 2010, 01:35 AM   #7069
matthemod

Likes (Received): 95

You know what Qatar Son, despite the overwhelming sense of logic telling near enough all non-Qatar supporting nations on here that the Qatar bid is just outright ridiculous, logistically unreliable, corrupt and all manner of any other accusations, you have to admire the guts to actually go for it. Just be careful not to send accusations back the other way...retaliation isn't the best way to get your point across.

I don't think Qatar will make it much farther than the first round of the vote, but why the heck not, I'm supporting them! Got to love that underdog spirit.

My MiniCity!
matthemod no está en línea  
Old October 6th, 2010, 02:18 AM   #7070
woozoo

Likes (Received): 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthemod View Post
You know what Qatar Son, despite the overwhelming sense of logic telling near enough all non-Qatar supporting nations on here that the Qatar bid is just outright ridiculous, logistically unreliable, corrupt and all manner of any other accusations, you have to admire the guts to actually go for it. Just be careful not to send accusations back the other way...retaliation isn't the best way to get your point across.

I don't think Qatar will make it much farther than the first round of the vote, but why the heck not, I'm supporting them! Got to love that underdog spirit.
You support a bid that is logistically woeful, based around 9 white elephant stadiums in a desert, built by workers with no rights who sometimes do not get paid? Because they are underdogs??
Love the logic.
woozoo no está en línea  
Old October 6th, 2010, 03:30 AM   #7071
matthemod

Likes (Received): 95

Damn right!

It's like some sort of completely ridiculous movie, lighten up a bit. I don't really think Qatar has much of a serious chance, but fair play to them actually daring to dream.

My MiniCity!
matthemod no está en línea  
Old October 6th, 2010, 11:20 AM   #7072
Matthew Lowry

Likes (Received): 4

2018 Russia
2022 Australia
2026 USA
2030 Argentina and Uruguay
2034 China
Matthew Lowry no está en línea  
Old October 6th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #7073
slipperydog

Likes (Received): 2401

For those who haven't heard, a member of the USA committee has said that USA will pull out of 2018 and has come out in support of England.
slipperydog no está en línea  
Old October 6th, 2010, 03:24 PM   #7074
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Lowry View Post
2018 Russia
2022 Australia
2026 USA
2034 China
Sauce?
Will737 no está en línea  
Old October 6th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #7075
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
Sauce?
Source: Matthew Lowry
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:15 PM   #7076
MysteryMike
BANNED

FIFA World Cup bid inspection team member Danny Jordaan says he is certain that the 24 men of the FIFA Executive committee will be influenced by its report when deciding on who will host the 2018 and 2022 finals. South Africa's World Cup CEO was part of the six-man team that concluded its nine-candidate inspection tour in Qatar in September, and will have an input into FIFA’s report which is expected to be published later this month..

Speaking at the Leaders in Football conference in London today, Jordaan said the FIFA executive “must have an idea of the capacity [of a candidate] to host the World Cup”. “I’m sure that they’ll study the report and they will be influenced by what the report says,” he said “At the end of the day FIFA wants a successful World Cup and it gives them an indication of what exists in terms of building over the next few years.

“It’s a decision that will be taken in 2010 for 2018 and 2022. So they will want an understanding of what is the proposal of the different countries in meeting the targets so that the event can be successful both from an event perspective and a commercial perspective.” Jordaan said he expected the format would remain the same for future World Cup bid contests.

He suggested that some of the flourishes put forward by 2018/2022 candidates were ephemeral to the ultimate outcome. “The problem always is that when you have a competition like the bidding and [one candidate] provides a black Mercedes Benz, the other nation provides a black Mercedes Benz that is maybe a little bigger than the opposition,” he said.

“You can put us all in a bus, we do not have to fly by helicopter to a venue. "For me it won’t make a difference, but what you must consider is that you have three days to convince me of your case that’s winnable and if I get stuck in traffic for half a day, that’s half a day I don’t see.”

http://www.worldfootballinsider.com/Story.aspx?id=33780
Old October 6th, 2010, 11:17 PM   #7077
MysteryMike
BANNED

An outbreak of football hooliganism at the recent match between Anzhi Makhachkala and Spartak Moscow has drawn a stern response from the Dagestan club. But the potential embarrassment for Russia’s football authorities could continue in the run-up to the announcement of the 2018 World Cup hosts.

Although many in football’s homeland feel rioting fans are a relic of the past, Russian reporters gleefully reminded the world of English fan rampages home and away in response to allegations of corruption in the domestic game here. But reports of a Spartak supporters’ coach being shot at in Makhachkala, while fans clashed inside and outside the stadium, is the last thing Russia’s 2018 bid needs.

The head coach of Anzhi, a newly-promoted Premier League team, was quick to rebuke the official fan club – and said before the game fans had been asked not to respond to taunts from Spartak. Hadji Hadjiev told Sovietsky Sport: “We understand it is linked to the behaviour of red and white fans when we played in Moscow, but we cannot accept this. “We are well aware that an extremist group of Spartak fans has created an intolerable situation at different stadiums, and the executive director of the club Sayid Abdullayev met our fan representatives several times to ask them not to react.”

During Sunday’s game rival fans clashed on the terraces of Anzhi’s stadium, while members of the hosts’ “Dikaya Divisiya” (Wild Movement) fan group displayed a banner accusing Spartak fans of fascism. After the match the Spartak team bus was pelted with stones and a supporters coach was fired on with traumatic weapons.

http://www.mn.ru/sports/20101006/188101032.html
Old October 7th, 2010, 12:12 AM   #7078
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6818

quit that made up crap, really
Old October 7th, 2010, 12:26 AM   #7079
acade88

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Lowry View Post
2018 Russia
2022 Australia
2026 USA
2034 China
impossible, 2026 & 2030 in america? no way!
and 2022 & 2030 in the southern hemisphere, is impossible too... by FIFA rules
acade88 no está en línea  
Old October 7th, 2010, 12:59 AM   #7080
ryebreadraz

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by acade88 View Post
impossible, 2026 & 2030 in america? no way!
and 2022 & 2030 in the southern hemisphere, is impossible too... by FIFA rules
How is 2022 and 2030 impossible by FIFA rules? The only rule I know of is that a confederation cannot host either of the next two World Cups after it hosts one.

2030 is going to be back in Europe anyways. They're going to get one of every three.
ryebreadraz no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup