daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old October 9th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #7141
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
Obviously they have changed or the would have told Qatar not to bid. London is actually capable of hosting a world cup by it's self, so your point makes no sense.
uhm these contracts are signed after the host is selected.
Mo Rush no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #7142
Mo Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
what rule ! FIFA has 5 rules to host world cup
there no rule between it talk about cities number !

hahahah this only what Mo Rush think becouse he dont know what the difference between WorldCup and UEFA Championship
he is the blind not the Qataris or FIFA lol
yes, because South Africa has not just hosted the WC, Cape Town was not just a host city, and I do not have copies of the 2010 host city contract, stadium use agreement etc.

I clearly don't know the difference. They very fact that you even consider 7 venues in a small city shows that you still do not grasp the concept of a World Cup. This is not the Olympic Games or the Asian Games or a tennis tournament

7 stadia in 1 city. Not going to happen. As I've said before, blind nationalism is clearly apaprent here.

See Rio, see Johannesburg, see Paris, see Cape Town.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #7143
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
yes, because South Africa has not just hosted the WC, Cape Town was not just a host city, and I do not have copies of the 2010 host city contract, stadium use agreement etc.

I clearly don't know the difference. They very fact that you even consider 7 venues in a small city shows that you still do not grasp the concept of a World Cup. This is not the Olympic Games or the Asian Games or a tennis tournament

7 stadia in 1 city. Not going to happen. As I've said before, blind nationalism is clearly apaprent here.

See Rio, see Johannesburg, see Paris, see Cape Town.
This map taken from the Bid website outlines the position of stadiums, there are ONLY 3 IN DOHA !!! however there are 4 in Al-Rayyan.

Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #7144
Lord David

Likes (Received): 104

"Only" "3", he says. 3 is still like 1 too many.
Lord David no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #7145
Mo Rush

Both of which is not going to happen.

Distance between Al Rayyan and Khalifa Stadium 4.97km
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #7146
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
Both of which is not going to happen.

Distance between Al Rayyan and Khalifa Stadium 4.97km
In case you haven't noticed, Khalifa Stadium IS in AL Rayyan....
Old October 9th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #7147
Mo Rush

well then you should have called the Asian Games, Al Rayyan
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #7148
Mo Rush

Google Earth says 9.8km from Doha.

I drive 12km to get to work or 10km to get Cape Town's CBD.

This means Cape Town could build stadia in Bellville, the CBD, Century City, Newlands, Khayelitsha, and many other areas and host the entire WC!

I'm so excited.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2010, 02:10 PM   #7149
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
This map taken from the Bid website outlines the position of stadiums, there are ONLY 3 IN DOHA !!! however there are 4 in Al-Rayyan.

Can you add a scale to the map please? Ta.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2010, 02:14 PM   #7150
Archbishop

Likes (Received): 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
ANYWAYS,

Regardless of the 2nd of December results.

4 stadiums WILL be built.

Including Education City , Alkhor, Alwakrah & Sport city.

That + 3 existing (Al-Gharrafa, Al-Rayyan & Khalifa Stadium)

that means we will have 7 stadiums that were part of the World Cup plan existing but without a FIFA WC, the other 5 would have been built only if the FIFA WC comes to Qatar.
Are they going to be built the same size or are they going to be reduced like the plans after the World Cup?
Archbishop no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #7151
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archbishop View Post
Are they going to be built the same size or are they going to be reduced like the plans after the World Cup?
Sport city stadium will stay full capacity (47K), the rest however will be ~25K. So the modular elements that would have been added to the rest of the stadiums would have been 170K in total capacity of modular elements. Post world cup, they would have been shipped of to 22 poor developing countries to be reassembled there.

these are the models for the modular parts.
Old October 9th, 2010, 03:55 PM   #7152
RobH

Likes (Received): 10327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
Can you add a scale to the map please? Ta.
Here's a map with a scale for comparison:

RobH no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2010, 04:13 PM   #7153
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Cheers.

So Al Rayyan is basically a suburb of Doha then.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2010, 04:57 PM   #7154
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

There's not even any use in discussing a useless bid which has failed the technical and football requirements for a world cup in such pathetic fashion. Pack it up and withdraw Qatar's bid ASAP. It's a farce, a disgrace and an utter embarrassment to everyone concerned.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2010, 05:13 PM   #7155
JimB

Likes (Received): 4801

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
There's not even any use in discussing a useless bid which has failed the technical and football requirements for a world cup in such pathetic fashion. Pack it up and withdraw Qatar's bid ASAP. It's a farce, a disgrace and an utter embarrassment to everyone concerned.
Enough.

We get the idea that you don't like this bid. I too doubt the validity of Qatar hosting the World Cup on their own. I think they could have a much more realistic chance if they presented a joint bid with UAE, for instance.

But let's not bang on about it ad nauseam, eh? And while we're at it, a modicum of respect shown towards the Qataris on this board might not be out of order.

Last edited by JimB; October 9th, 2010 at 05:20 PM.
JimB no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #7156
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
But let's not bang on about it ad nauseam, eh? And while we're at it, a modicum of respect shown towards the Qataris on this board might not be out of order.
Here's my respect. http://qatarsucks.com/

I grew up in Qatar buddy (if you didn't know), so I don't think attacking a garbage bid with these king's ass kissing qatari's on this board who were bought like zidane, roger miller, more than half their football squad and turned the world cup bidding process into an utter farce is out of line.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #7157
amrja

Quote:

I grew up in Qatar buddy (if you didn't know), so I don't think attacking a garbage bid with these king's ass kissing qatari's on this board who were bought like zidane, roger miller, more than half their football squad and turned the world cup bidding process into an utter farce is out of line.
Hmm, so you found yourself a website full of close minded, racist bigots like yourself?

You expect us to take you seriously when you link to a website that claims that all Qataris are "unintelligent/ materialistic/ ignorant/ ugly bastards"? Thanks for confirming what I knew all along - you are a racist. You have linked to racist websites, generalized about Qataris in a racist manner, and have generally shown how much of an ignorant fool you really are. And yet, surprise surprise, the mods do nothing about it.

Instead of actually offering constructive criticism, which would be welcomed, you choose the path of racist, ignorant and bigoted dialogue. Yet you expect people to take your sorry ass seriously.

You are extremely out of line here. It is quite sad how obsessed you are with Qatar, and JimB is right - it is getting extremely tiring.
amrja no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2010, 06:11 PM   #7158
JimB

Likes (Received): 4801

Quote:

You have no right to judge individuals on this board. You don't know them from Adam. I don't know what nationality you are but I dare say that people / governments in your country have done bad things too. Should we all disrespect you on that basis? Should you disrespect me because of the people / governments of my country? Should everyone disrespect everyone on that basis? If that was our guiding principle, these boards would soon descend into an unmanageable mess of accusation and counter accusation and no one would ever get to discuss buildings which - in case you had forgotten - is what this website is all about.

So please........however legitimate your grievances against Qatar may be, don't bring your baggage with you on to these boards. Treat other posters with respect or, if you really are incapable of controlling your emotions, just stop posting.

Endlessly repeating a shopping list of pejorative adjectives that you believe to be appropriate to Qatar (or Qatar's bid for the World Cup) doesn't constitute debate. It isn't helpful. And it just takes the discussion off track - to everyone's detriment. So I politely and respectfully ask that you hold your tongue (however difficult it may be for you) and stay on topic. Thank you.
JimB no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #7159
Trelawny
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

It's better when the stadiums are closer, so the tourist can visit more possible games. Look at USA 1994 going from L.A to Chicago, or Brazil 2014 going from Porto Alegre to Manaus. Look at the distance. Closer the better.
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2010, 09:51 PM   #7160
Kunigund
Oh, the irony?

Likes (Received): 4

Vladimir Putin promises to show up in Zurich ahead of the FIFA vote on December 2

AFC chief visits Kazan
Kazan: AFC President Mohamed Bin Hammam visited the Republic of Tatarstan on Friday.

Tatarstan is bidding to become part of Russia’s potential host cities for the FIFA World Cup 2018 and 2022.

Tatarstan has been jockeying for Moscow's favours as President Rustam Minnikhanov has announced that his republic would apply to host international football matches as part of Russia's 2018 and 2022 World Cup bid. A FIFA delegation has inspected and visited the capital city of Tatarstan, Kazan, which hopes to be a host city.

Kazan is also the home of Russian powerhouse Rubin Kazan club.

Bin Hammam, accompanied by fellow FIFA Executive Committee member Hani Abourida, of Egypt, in his visit to Kazan on Friday, was very much impressed by the football tradition and infrastructure in the city.

He says that it is clear that the city of 1.2 million population would do a great job if given a chance.

“It is a great honour and pleasure to be received by the Republic of Tatarstan’s people in Kazan. I would like to thank President (Minnikhanov) for his fantastic hospitality."

Bin Hammam stated that AFC would “only” back Europe’s desire to host the 2018 version of the world football extravaganza.

“I want to assure Europe on behalf of AFC that we recognise and support their desire to host the 2018 edition,” he said.

“It will be an open bid and everybody is free to support anyone,” said Bin
Hammam. “But our support is for Europe when it comes to 2018."

However, Bin Hammam stressed that the AFC is not in a position to support one candidate as AFC itself has already four bidders.

“We have four countries that are very capable of hosting the World Cup. We will put our best foot forward in 2022. We are determined,” he said.

Seven countries are bidding for the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cup. They are Australia, Belgium & Netherlands, England, Russia, Spain & Portugal, and USA.

Three countries - Qatar, Japan and Korea Republic - are in the running for only the 2022 edition.

In his reply, Minnikhanov said football was Russia’s leading sport but the country had never hosted the FIFA World Cup.

“We will make it a spectacular competition and an unforgettable experience for all the participants and supporters. And we at Tartastan are also planning to build a brand new 45,000 seat stadium to fulfill the need of the world football bonanza. The new stadium can be potentially first be used and tested in the XXVII World Universiade in 2013.

"Our Primer Minister Vladimir Putin also promised to show up in Zurich ahead of the FIFA vote on December 2. He is 'Ready to Inspire' us. ”he said, referring to Russia's bid motto.

http://www.the-afc.com/en/inside-afc...f-visits-kazan
Kunigund no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup