daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old October 14th, 2010, 06:22 AM   #7261
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
Oceania sucks! I never want to see New Zeland in a world cup again! Oceania's spot should be given to South America so we can see Ecuador in it.
Yet they were the only unbeaten team at this years WC and gave us some great moments including

NZ=49
Equador=72
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2010, 07:43 AM   #7262
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Likes (Received): 4861

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Yet they were the only unbeaten team at this years WC...
New Zealand is unbeaten in world cups, that's true, but is also true that they never won a single match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
NZ=49
Equador=72
World cup matches give a lot of points for the FIFA ranking, even if all the matches you play end in a draw. Ecuador don't play an important match since the 2010 world cup qualifiers. That's the reason why New Zealand is in a better position than Ecuador.

CONO SUR
CHILE - ARGENTINA - URUGUAY
Bolsilludo no está en línea  
Old October 14th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #7263
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolsilludo View Post
New Zealand is unbeaten in world cups, that's true, but is also true that they never won a single match.
They should have really beaten Italy and moved out of the group, they were unfortunate, thanks to what essentially was a dive from De Rossi. How much football in New Zealand has improved was demonstrated by not just their national squad but also by their Wellington Phoenix club side when they went and defeated Boca Juniors.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 14th, 2010, 08:31 AM   #7264
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
World cup matches give a lot of points for the FIFA ranking, even if all the matches you play end in a draw. Ecuador don't play an important match since the 2010 world cup qualifiers. That's the reason why New Zealand is in a better position than Ecuador.
Did you ever consider that quite possibly New Zealand are a better team than Equador? Even though they've spent hardly any time playing football and their country is dominated by another sport, they still managed to make it into the world cup and attained a higher ranking in the world. You were speaking about growth, well that is growth
Old October 14th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #7265
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
They should have really beaten Italy and moved out of the group, they were unfortunate, thanks to what essentially was a dive from De Rossi. How much football in New Zealand has improved was demonstrated by not just their national squad but also by their Wellington Phoenix club side when they went and defeated Boca Juniors.
Come on!, Italy played in South Africa one of its worst world cups. And Boca Juniors, what can i say about Boca Juniors?. Nowadays they are in the eleventh position of the argentine league.

CONO SUR
Old October 14th, 2010, 08:56 AM   #7266
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Quote:
Did you ever consider that quite possibly New Zealand are a better team than Equador? Even though they've spent hardly any time playing football and their country is dominated by another sport, they still managed to make it into the world cup and attained a higher ranking in the world. You were speaking about growth, well that is growth
...and New Zealand is definitely NOT a better team than Ecuador.

CONO SUR
Old October 14th, 2010, 08:58 AM   #7267
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
...and New Zealand is definitely NOT a better team than Ecuador.
FIFA says otherwise
Old October 14th, 2010, 09:01 AM   #7268
MysteryMike
BANNED

Old October 14th, 2010, 09:03 AM   #7269
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Quote:
FIFA says otherwise
Did you read what i wrote a few minutes ago?.

Quote:

CONO SUR

Last edited by Bolsilludo; October 14th, 2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old October 14th, 2010, 09:13 AM   #7270
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Did you read what i write a few minutes ago?.
You mean wrote? What does that matter? FIFA have the final say in who is what ranking. If Equador actually versed New Zealand, I'm sure Equador would get beaten on current form.

New Zealand drew with Paraguay in the world cup, they drew with Italy and they drew with Slovakia.
They beat Serbia before the world cup, all these nations are ranked higher than New Zealand but they did draw against them/beat them and it's not like New Zealand play some sort of system like 6-4-0 or something, they play an attacking 4-3-3 system, which sometimes even changes into a 3-4-3 system. Equador on the other hand, I know love to park the bus, and quite simply they are nowhere near these other nations, the last time I heard anything about Equador, it involved a 5-0 drubbing at the hands of Brazil.

Last edited by MysteryMike; October 14th, 2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old October 14th, 2010, 09:59 AM   #7271
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Quote:
You mean wrote? What does that matter? FIFA have the final say in who is what ranking. If Equador actually versed New Zealand, I'm sure Equador would get beaten on current form.

New Zealand drew with Paraguay in the world cup, they drew with Italy and they drew with Slovakia.
They beat Serbia before the world cup, all these nations are ranked higher than New Zealand but they did draw against them/beat them and it's not like New Zealand play some sort of system like 6-4-0 or something, they play an attacking 4-3-3 system, which sometimes even changes into a 3-4-3 system. Equador on the other hand, I know love to park the bus, and quite simply they are nowhere near these other nations, the last time I heard anything about Equador, it involved a 5-0 drubbing at the hands of Brazil.
Oh my god!, I'm shaking. New Zealand... the next world cup champion. Give me a break!.

CONO SUR
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #7272
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Oh my god!, I'm shaking. New Zealand... the next world cup champion. Give me a break!.
I said they'd probably beat Equador, South America have been playing the game for how long? It's the most popular sport in almost every nation there, New Zealand on the other hand, football is probably the neglected step child of New Zealand sport. But now with the performance at the world cup, the tide is turning and New Zealand has every chance of turning into a powerful footballing nation.
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:17 AM   #7273
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Quote:
I said they'd probably beat Equador, South America have been playing the game for how long? It's the most popular sport in almost every nation there, New Zealand on the other hand, football is probably the neglected step child of New Zealand sport. But now with the performance at the world cup, the tide is turning and New Zealand has every chance of turning into a powerful footballing nation.
They are a rugby power, but in football they have a long way to go my dear friend.

CONO SUR
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:19 AM   #7274
T74

Likes (Received): 1

NZ did well for what they have, but a powerful football nation?

On NZ wanting to move over, the rationale is probably similar to what Australia had. In Oceania you don't get any decent matches to condition your team before the do or die elimination against the other confed. Basically means your team don't play together properly until the last two games of your qualification process

Also agree Oceania is a joke. Personally I'd merge them into Asia, and them split Asia in half (mid-east/central & south Asia for one confed, Oceania, SE and East Asia the other)
T74 no está en línea  
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:25 AM   #7275
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

I'm totally agree with you.

CONO SUR
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:28 AM   #7276
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7061

Quote:
Come on!, Italy played in South Africa one of its worst world cups. And Boca Juniors, what can i say about Boca Juniors?. Nowadays they are in the eleventh position of the argentine league.
However, Italy still remain a big power in European football. If they played in South Africa one of its worst world cups, it's only their personal problems. I was not bored of New Zealand's play.

During WC2006 I watched matches of Trinidad & Tobago team. They made draw with Sweden and England was not able to scored them during 80 minutes. Really, during this match vs. England I don't regret that Trinidad&Tobago played in WC.
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:34 AM   #7277
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7061

Australia look good at previous WC2006 and lose in 1/8 final by future champions (Italians) only at last minutes due to dubious penalty. At WC2010 Australians look better than France, Greece or Italy. Therefore I'm sure that such region must be represent in World Cups.
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #7278
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
However, Italy still remain a big power in European football. If they played in South Africa one of its worst world cups, it's only their personal problems. I was not bored of New Zealand's play.

During WC2006 I watched matches of Trinidad & Tobago team. They made draw with Sweden and England was not able to scored them during 80 minutes. Really, during this match vs. England I don't regret that Trinidad&Tobago played in WC.
Sometimes these situations happen, but ultimately the best always win.
That's the reason because almost always the world champions are the same.

CONO SUR
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #7279
_X_

Quote:
Sometimes these situations happen, but ultimately the best always win.
That's the reason because almost always the world champions are the same.
Anyway bloke time to move one
The wonderful thing about the WC is its diversity between confederations.Is the standard higher in the UCL,most likely,Euro maybe but this is the WC and some parts of this world are going thru a big growth phase compared to the established markets

I'm sure we'd all be supporting a combined Argie/Uru bid for 2030.
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:57 AM   #7280
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
Australia look good at previous WC2006 and lose in 1/8 final by future champions (Italians) only at last minutes due to dubious penalty. At WC2010 Australians look better than France, Greece or Italy. Therefore I'm sure that such region must be represent in World Cups.
Thanks for your mature,worldly opinion
_X_ no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup