daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #7481
Gondolier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 303
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecological View Post
Now a serious question? What age did you drop out of school?
The year after you did, tinkerbell!!
Gondolier no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #7482
Ecological
BANNED
 
Ecological's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,518
Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolier View Post
Suck on it, jackass!!
You'd like that wouldn't you?
Ecological no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:33 PM   #7483
JimB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,016
Likes (Received): 4786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolier View Post
No; I am not. You are.

So what you're saying is that FIFA is the more reocgnized world body than the UN? Funny, I never heard of FIFA peace-keeping troops. Yeah...I've seen those FIFA jackets on the field...but gee, I never mistook them for 'legitimate' world forces.

Why aren't Basque-Spain Quebec, Appalachia, Normandy, Chiapas, Chechnya, Kashmir, etc., separate "nations" like the English provinces of Wales, Scot & NI purport to be? Because their larger entities adhere to the more WIDELY accepted notion that to be a separate, sovereign NATION, OTHER nations must recognize you as such. Not by some sporting federation headed by addled fuddy-duddies who still like to wear armbands and not allow new technology to decide controversial decisions for fear that it will interrupt the flow of the game. At least the USSR, Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia had the GUTS to actually break up and declare themselves SEPARATE, INDEPENDENT states. So silly...just like the silly 4-in-1 combo 'masquerade' that Britain likes to play.

YOU ARE SORELY mistaken in confusing a mindset of sports values with the reality of legitimate, sovereign nations. Funny, I never heard of a Welsh representative to the FAO, or the IAEA or UNESCO--sub-agencies of the United Nations, a legitimate body which deals with ACTUAL borders and people seeking homelands and legitimate citizenship? Odd that Milosevic was not tried by FIFA or the IAAF. Or that the war criminals of World War 2 were NOT tried by the IOC or FIFA. I wonder why?

And come to think of it, I haven't seen actual Scot, Welsh or Ulster passports. Have you?
Hahahahahahahahahaha!

This gets better and better! You're just digging an ever deeper hole for yourself.

You're absolutely right, you know. There are no FIFA peace keepers stationed in the world's trouble spots. Funny that, because we aren't talking about the volatility of Afghanistan. Or the decades old division of Cyprus. Or the badlands of the Sudan.

And you're just as right about the fact that FIFA has never tried any war criminals. But no one should have to point out to you that that's because the laws that FIFA makes and upholds aren't laws concerning human rights or the ethics of war or the recognition of national boundaries. Their laws are about the offside rule; the tackle from behind; and the size of the goals. It beggars belief that you should continue to confuse the two.

The biggest irony of all is that you wrote:

YOU ARE SORELY mistaken in confusing a mindset of sports values with the reality of legitimate, sovereign nations

.......................Earth to Gondolier! Earth to Gondolier! Come in, please.

You're the only one who is confusing the two. Persistently so.
JimB no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:34 PM   #7484
matthemod
Registered User
 
matthemod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gillingham, Medway
Posts: 765
Likes (Received): 95

What does it matter in terms of the FIFA bid about the U.K. having 4 seperate FIFA governing bodies?

If you want to think of it literally, England are making it harder on themselves. If we were to hypothetically have a Great British team (heaven forbid) that would mean we could pick and choose the best players from each country. The Ryan Gigg's and Kenny Dalglish's in a British team would have made England have a FAR greater chance of being successful in the World Cup. In terms of the FIFA 2018 bid, if it was a British bid then yes it would ALSO be better, a World Cup with Hampden Park and The Millenium Stadium?! Yes please!

But no...that is not the case in World Football. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland like it or not have different governing bodies, it's just fact. It's not even as if having separate organisations benefit us in any way for the reasons i've just stated.

What you're going on about seems utterly pointless, you're just going on about the U.K. as one because it seems you apparently just don't like our set up. Let me repeat, the U.K. is DISADVANTAGING itself by having 4 separate Football Associations.

You're just a Troll, and I'm sure you going to have a lovely response to this, bypassing all the reasons I've given to Troll some more.
__________________
http://pricetown.myminicity.com

My MiniCity!
matthemod no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:34 PM   #7485
Gondolier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 303
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecological View Post
You'd like that wouldn't you?
Well, my belt's halfway loose.
Gondolier no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #7486
Gondolier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 303
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthemod View Post
Let me repeat, the U.K. is DISADVANTAGING itself by having 4 separate Football Associations.
Then why do they keep it so?
Gondolier no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:37 PM   #7487
Ecological
BANNED
 
Ecological's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,518
Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolier View Post
The year after you did, tinkerbell!!
And i'm still more educated then you! wow.
Ecological no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:37 PM   #7488
Gondolier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 303
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
Hahahahahahahahahaha!

This gets better and better! You're just digging an ever deeper hole for yourself.

You're absolutely right, you know. There are no FIFA peace keepers stationed in the world's trouble spots. Funny that, because we aren't talking about the volatility of Afghanistan. Or the decades old division of Cyprus. Or the badlands of the Sudan.

And you're just as right about the fact that FIFA has never tried any war criminals. But no one should have to point out to you that that's because the laws that FIFA makes and upholds aren't laws concerning human rights or the ethics of war or the recognition of national boundaries. Their laws are about the offside rule; the tackle from behind; and the size of the goals. It beggars belief that you should continue to confuse the two.

The biggest irony of all is that you wrote:

YOU ARE SORELY mistaken in confusing a mindset of sports values with the reality of legitimate, sovereign nations

.......................Earth to Gondolier! Earth to Gondolier! Come in, please.

You're the only one who is confusing the two. Persistently so.
HahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahHahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahHahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahHahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahHahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahHahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahHahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahHahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahHahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahHahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahHahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahHahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah!!
Gondolier no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #7489
Gondolier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 303
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecological View Post
And i'm still more educated then you! wow.
If you say so, nimrod.
Gondolier no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #7490
Ecological
BANNED
 
Ecological's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,518
Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolier View Post
Then why do they keep it so?
As mentioned. lets all take a trip to the bars in and around Cardiff in the up-coming fixture. You can wear my nice new England shirt and I'll leave you for just 10 minutes. Then you might be able to grasp it ... the hard way.
Ecological no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #7491
matthemod
Registered User
 
matthemod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gillingham, Medway
Posts: 765
Likes (Received): 95

Why does it matter? It doesn't affect you, it doesn't affect the rest of the World in any way. We are 4 culturally distinct countries with 4 national teams that have existed long before the World Cup or FIFA.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you're right.
__________________
http://pricetown.myminicity.com

My MiniCity!
matthemod no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #7492
Gondolier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 303
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecological View Post
As mentioned. lets all take a trip to the bars in and around Cardiff in the up-coming fixture. You can wear my nice new England shirt and I'll leave you for just 10 minutes. Then you might be able to grasp it ... the hard way.
Alright, I'll wait for my first-class ticket and limo pick-up.
Gondolier no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:40 PM   #7493
Ecological
BANNED
 
Ecological's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,518
Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolier View Post
If you say so, nimrod.
I genuinely feel exasberrated trying to figure what the **** you're on the about half the time!
Ecological no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:40 PM   #7494
Gondolier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 303
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthemod View Post
Why does it matter? It doesn't affect you, it doesn't affect the rest of the World in any way. We are 4 culturally distinct countries with 4 national teams that have existed long before the World Cup or FIFA.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you're right.
You have your fantasy bubble; I have mine. Let's float away.
Gondolier no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:43 PM   #7495
Ecological
BANNED
 
Ecological's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,518
Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolier View Post
You have your fantasy bubble; I have mine. Let's float away.
With the amount of air in your head, I suspect the only reason you're still on this planet is because your parents have built your leesh into the foundations.
Ecological no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:43 PM   #7496
Gondolier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 303
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecological View Post
I genuinely feel exasberrated trying to figure what the **** you're on the about half the time!
You think? You probably don't.

Oh educated one...it's exasPerated...NOT exasberrated. Now, you were saying?? Oh, wipe that foam off your harelip.
Gondolier no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #7497
Gondolier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 303
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecological View Post
With the amount of air in your head, I suspect the only reason you're still on this planet is because your parents have built your leesh into the foundations.
Oh Cambridge PhD, it's L-E-A-S-H...NOT leesh. Tsk..tsk.

Now about that vocational school you wanted to get into...
Gondolier no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #7498
JimB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,016
Likes (Received): 4786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolier View Post
Why aren't Basque-Spain Quebec, Appalachia, Normandy, Chiapas, Chechnya, Kashmir, etc., separate "nations" like the English provinces of Wales, Scot & NI purport to be? Because their larger entities adhere to the more WIDELY accepted notion that to be a separate, sovereign NATION, OTHER nations must recognize you as such. Not by some sporting federation headed by addled fuddy-duddies who still like to wear armbands and not allow new technology to decide controversial decisions for fear that it will interrupt the flow of the game. At least the USSR, Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia had the GUTS to actually break up and declare themselves SEPARATE, INDEPENDENT states. So silly...just like the silly 4-in-1 combo 'masquerade' that Britain likes to play.
As has already been pointed out, the home nations have had their own football teams and identities since long before there was any formalized international competition. For many years, international football consisted only of games played between the home nations. By the time that Jules Rimet came up with the idea for a World Cup, it was far too late to shut that particular stable door. The horse had bolted long ago.

By contrast, the semi-autonomous or disputed states that you mention don't have decades of international footballing history behind them. There has never been any reason for them to have a separate football team. And there won't be any such reason unless or until the dispute is finally resolved in favour of independence.
JimB no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:49 PM   #7499
Gondolier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 303
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
As has already been pointed out, the home nations have had their own football teams and identities since long before there was any formalized international competition. For many years, international football consisted only of games played between the home nations. By the time that Jules Rimet came up with the idea for a World Cup, it was far too late to shut that particular stable door. The horse had bolted long ago.

By contrast, the semi-autonomous or disputed states that you mention don't have decades of international footballing history behind them. There has never been any reason for them to have a separate football team. And there won't be any such reason unless or until the dispute is finally resolved in favour of independence.
But so what? You're playing in the 21st century. Not 1895 or 1905. Duh!! Get with it!!

Or is that too contemporary to wrap your head around? Have you even changed your calendar since 1910?
Gondolier no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #7500
matthemod
Registered User
 
matthemod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gillingham, Medway
Posts: 765
Likes (Received): 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolier View Post
You have your fantasy bubble; I have mine. Let's float away.
Fantasy bubble, you mean historical fact?

JimB, Ecological, this guy is just trolling.
__________________
http://pricetown.myminicity.com

My MiniCity!
matthemod no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu