daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old October 18th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #7501
Gondolier

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthemod View Post
Fantasy bubble, you mean historical fact?

JimB, Ecological, this guy is just trolling.
Yeah, hello? This is one of your alter-aliases.

Mislaid your passwords again, Mathilda?
Gondolier no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #7502
crazyalex

Likes (Received): 19

Gondolier ruin this thread
crazyalex no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #7503
Gondolier

In case you haven't noticed, followers -- I can give as good as I get.
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:56 PM   #7504
matthemod

Likes (Received): 95

"Internet Troll: someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion."

This is a civil forum where topics relative to Stadium's and Sports Arena's are discussed respectfully.

My MiniCity!
matthemod no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:57 PM   #7505
JimB

Likes (Received): 4789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolier View Post
Ah...when backed up against a wall, little England goes to the sandbox and pulls the "it's our game card."

Awwwwwww. Hurt your sensibilities, little Robbie? Here's a band-aid.
You missed the smilie? Rob was joking.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. I don't dislike the UK or the Brits.
Methinks he doth protest to much.

Everything about the content and tone of your posts screams enormous antipathy towards the UK. You clearly have a gigantic chip on your shoulder. For your own good health, you really ought to do something about it. You'll find that your life is much better without unnecessarily burdening yourself so.

A good definition of resentment for you (I think it will help you): resentment is like injecting your own body full of poison and then waiting for the other person to die.

Just let it go. You're not going to achieve anything by letting this fester within you.
JimB no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #7506
Gondolier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
Everything about the content and tone of your posts screams enormous antipathy towards the UK. You clearly have a gigantic chip on your shoulder. For your own good health, you really ought to do something about it. You'll find that your life is much better without unnecessarily burdening yourself so.

A good definition of resentment for you (I think it will help you): resentment is like injecting your own body full of poison and then waiting for the other person to die.

Just let it go. You're not going to achieve anything by letting this fester within you.
Oh yeah. Now you're playing my shrink. What are your credentials??

How much do you charge? Can I get a 4-in-1 combo rate from you? Where the hell is that coupon??
Old October 18th, 2010, 06:03 PM   #7507
waqif
BANNED

The Australian 18 October
World Cup bid team met man accused of bribery

AUSTRALIAN World Cup bid delegates met a group of Nigerian officials last year, including the man at the centre of bribery allegations.
Football Federation Australia yesterday confirmed that Amos Adamu, the Nigerian president of the West African Football Union, who also serves on world governing body FIFA's executive committee, was at a meeting at the Australian high commissioner's residence during the under-17 World Cup in November.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225940394267

this second time FIFA get such reports about Australia in this year and should now take action also AFC should kick Australia out of Asia and send them back to Oceania after their scandal with Tahiti member who is president of the Oceania Football.

in 28 october meeting they should cancel Australia bid since it is the only country don't have seat and try to buy votes by money and Jewelry.

and here some reports about the last time ....

June-July: Fifa investigates Australia's 2022 World Cup bid over bribes

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2890/...022-bid-after-

waqif no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #7508
Gondolier

Quote:
"Internet Troll: someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion."

This is a civil forum where topics relative to Stadium's and Sports Arena's are discussed respectfully.
Awwwwwwwwwww. I engaged in civil discussion. When I started listing intelligent points, all of a sudden you swarmed up with insults and put-downs.

And when I got back at you...you pull the "troll" card.

Can't take it? Maybe the blood rush is too much for you. Maybe it's you JimB, PhD, should be counseling you; not me.

I haven't cracked. But you guys just reminded me that I gotta change the kitty litter.

Later, chumps...
Old October 18th, 2010, 06:11 PM   #7509
crazyalex

Likes (Received): 19

**** this shit I'm out of here

Good night.
crazyalex no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #7510
JimB

Quote:
Fantasy bubble, you mean historical fact?

JimB, Ecological, this guy is just trolling.
Yes, of course he is.

No one could genuinely be so obtuse, surely?

Nevertheless, it's a slow work day. So it's been fun toying with him.
JimB no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #7511
JimB

Quote:
But so what? You're playing in the 21st century. Not 1895 or 1905. Duh!! Get with it!!

Or is that too contemporary to wrap your head around? Have you even changed your calendar since 1910?
History, tradition and identity might mean nothing to you.

But they are qualities highly prized by the football fraternity.
JimB no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 06:19 PM   #7512
RobH

Likes (Received): 10325

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
The Australian 18 October
World Cup bid team met man accused of bribery

AUSTRALIAN World Cup bid delegates met a group of Nigerian officials last year, including the man at the centre of bribery allegations.
Football Federation Australia yesterday confirmed that Amos Adamu, the Nigerian president of the West African Football Union, who also serves on world governing body FIFA's executive committee, was at a meeting at the Australian high commissioner's residence during the under-17 World Cup in November.

this second time FIFA get such reports about Australia in this year and should now take action also AFC should kick Australia out of Asia and send them back to Oceania after their scandal with Tahiti member who is president of the Oceania Football.

in 28 october meeting they should cancel Australia bid since it is the only country don't have seat and try to buy votes by money and Jewelry.

and here some reports about the last time ....

June-July: Fifa investigates Australia's 2022 World Cup bid over bribes

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2890/...022-bid-after-

I take it innocent till proven guilty isn't a central tennet of the Qatari legal system then?
RobH no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #7513
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Awwwwwwwwwww. I engaged in civil discussion. When I started listing intelligent points, all of a sudden you swarmed up with insults and put-downs.

And when I got back at you...you pull the "troll" card.

Can't take it? Maybe the blood rush is too much for you. Maybe it's you JimB, PhD, should be counseling you; not me.

I haven't cracked. But you guys just reminded me that I gotta change the kitty litter.

Later, chumps...
You are a massive troll though,not a very good one but massive all the same
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 06:33 PM   #7514
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
I take it innocent till proven guilty isn't a central tennet of the Qatari legal system then?
Guilty of meeting an ExCo member FFS
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #7515
Ecological
BANNED

Likes (Received): 23

I suspect Gondolier enjoys such types of conversation considering he has no life. still my short comings in rushed replies are surely enough evidence to see I am indeed a retard of the highest magnitude. Unfortunately ... I'll take my highly paid job and maybe one day return to study English. and not the highly acclaimed British language.

Ecological no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #7516
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1103

I'm curious to know what Gondolier thinks of West Indies Cricket

...or the Sporting status of Puerto Rico.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #7517
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallsmurf View Post
Gondolier - You are spectaculalry missing the point - Britain is a multinational state - one state (UK) which is recognised in UN - but comprising 4 (or maybe 3 1/2) separate nations with unique identities, histories and charecteristics, with varying degress of self-autonomy.

But unlike IOC which categorically recognises UN recognised countries only, FIFA is more flexible and recognises other territories and dependencies.
It doesn't matter at all for everyone outside Britain and for the topic. USA has dozens of states on its own, Russia is a federation with more than 80 subject that includes 21 republic and 5 other autonomous subjects with 30 official languages.
Old October 18th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #7518
RobH

Likes (Received): 10325

The first international wasn't Texas vs Ohio though, it was Scotland vs England.

If we're going to go off-topic it might as well be about something interesting. Has anyone else come across The Unofficial Football World Championships before. Japan are the current World Champions:

http://www.ufwc.co.uk/

Welcome to the Unofficial Football World Championships – probably the least known but most exciting football competition on Earth.

This is how it works: the Unofficial Football World Championships (UFWC) pitches real international teams into a continuous series of boxing-style title matches. Winners of UFWC title matches become title-holders, and move up the rankings table.

UFWC lineage goes right back to the very first international football match in 1872, between Scotland and England in Glasgow. As Scotland and England were the only international teams in existence, the winner of this initial match could safely claim to be the best side in the world – the Unofficial Football World Champions, if you will. Unfortunately, neither side managed to win the match – the score was a rather disappointing 0-0. So swiftly fast-forward to the second international football match, again between England and Scotland, and played in London on 8 March 1873. This time there were a full six goals – England won 4-2, and became the very first Unofficial Football World Champions. But they didn’t hold the title for long. In 1874 they were beaten 2-1 by Scotland, meaning the UFWC title passed to the Scots.

The UFWC title bounced backward and forward between England and Scotland, and then Ireland and Wales got involved. The British home nations dominated the UFWC during international football’s formative years, until the instigation of international tours and tournaments meant sides from all around the globe began to play each other. Following the UFWC lineage through almost 800 friendly and competitive matches, we can trace how the title was passed between over 40 different nations during more than 130 years of international football.
RobH no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 09:02 PM   #7519
Rev Stickleback

Likes (Received): 1924

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
It doesn't matter at all for everyone outside Britain and for the topic. USA has dozens of states on its own, Russia is a federation with more than 80 subject that includes 21 republic and 5 other autonomous subjects with 30 official languages.
The UK government itself has the official line that the UK is four countries with a common government.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.g...gov.uk/Page823

If anyone believes they are better informed than the UK government on the subject, then perhaps they ought to take the issue up with them.
Rev Stickleback no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2010, 09:06 PM   #7520
Rev Stickleback

Likes (Received): 1924

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
The first international wasn't Texas vs Ohio though, it was Scotland vs England.
The first international fixture might actually be USA v Canada. In cricket! It took place in 1844.
Rev Stickleback no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup