daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old October 19th, 2010, 07:04 PM   #7581
Russia__WC__2018
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 176
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Incidentally, I'd still love to know within what context Sorokin talking about London's crime rate and underage drinking in England is appropriate. I can't think of any reason for him to have brought these things up.
Are you stupid or what? There is a link. There is online translator. Go!

And why person is not allowed to talk about other country's issues? It's not about English Bid.

You see how many problems and absurd the only article created, because some have "superiority complex" and don't want to use translator.
Russia__WC__2018 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2010, 07:08 PM   #7582
RobH
Registered User
 
RobH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London-ish
Posts: 12,769
Likes (Received): 10322

Quote:
Are you stupid or what?
Definition:
–adjective

Stupid: Insulting members on an internet forum when one has already had one account removed.
RobH está en línea ahora  
Old October 19th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #7583
matthemod
Registered User
 
matthemod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gillingham, Medway
Posts: 765
Likes (Received): 95

The Ethics Committee at Fifa is why you can't talk about another country. If you're involved with your countries bid, you are not ethically allowed to slander and insult another country who is also bidding.
__________________
http://pricetown.myminicity.com

My MiniCity!
matthemod no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2010, 07:13 PM   #7584
Russia__WC__2018
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 176
Likes (Received): 4

Oh, I understood. You don't need to read the interview, because nothing stops you to use online translator and realise why you was wrong.

You only need to provoke other member. Good job.
Russia__WC__2018 no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2010, 07:21 PM   #7585
Russia__WC__2018
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 176
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthemod View Post
and insult another country who is also bidding.
He just stated the fact. The fact is insulting?

And one more time: read the text.

For lazy (without editing):
Quote:
- Why did the attacks on our bid is going out of England?

- There are not talking about England as such, but rather about the peculiarities of the British press. Style at them like this: caustic comment on any drawbacks, not only strangers, but their own. Suffice it to recall the story of David Trismanom when they struck a blow to themselves. I do not think that the numerous attacks by the British media is just an English bid. I do not want to believe it. It would be very costly for them to exercise.

- Why Russia is practically not respond to attacks?

- We do this absolutely consciously. No scandal, do not enter into squabbles, although we have much to say. It's no secret, for example, that in London the highest crime rate when compared with other European cities, and the highest level of alcohol consumption among young people. But why should poke his nose in that and so everybody knows?

- Even if we recall the sensational story with a banner against Odemvingie, the same day in Manchester on the stand burned an American flag. But more about that almost no one wrote.

- It is. We were aware of, but did not focus on this account. While it could start a conversation about the lack of tolerance and inciting ethnic hatred by English fans. But we do not behave like the aunt in the kitchen, which sits hayot neighbors. We are confident that can handle normal methods: the conviction to make a serious commitment, demonstration of successful cooperation with the IOC in preparing for the Games in Sochi in 2014. In a word, works fine. And FIFA is certainly appreciate it.

- You generally have assumed that the British media will such violent attack?

- Yes. Realized that this would happen, just after publishing an article about Lord Trismane. Because when the British - I mean the journalists, rather than an application - realized that done, it took them somehow divert attention away from this unpleasant history. And they began to look psevdonegativnye by a competitor.
Russia__WC__2018 no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2010, 07:34 PM   #7586
coth
pride leader
 
coth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Moscow
Posts: 21,631
Likes (Received): 6818

remove it please. they should learn what is ethical tolerance.

spaniards, frenchies reads russian forum here and sites with no problems, russians have no problems in reading english, german, spanish without knowledges. the world does not spinning around britain. before false quoting someone, care to read him in original source.
__________________

Last edited by coth; October 19th, 2010 at 07:51 PM.
coth no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2010, 07:37 PM   #7587
matthemod
Registered User
 
matthemod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gillingham, Medway
Posts: 765
Likes (Received): 95

It's slander that's all it is. I don't know whether London does or doesn't have the highest crime rate/youth drinking but it is not ethical as a representative of a nation's FIFA World Cup bid to bring that up vocally. There is absolutely no reason for him to say it other than to discredit the English Bid and to slander the Nation as a whole. Why bring it up anyway? London isn't hosting the world cup the whole of England is, so what's the use in saying such a thing?

You say "it's fact" but what would you (and every other Russian on here) be like if the head guy of the English bid came out to say "Russia is the most racist and corrupt country in Europe", you would all be in hysterics.
__________________
http://pricetown.myminicity.com

My MiniCity!
matthemod no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2010, 07:44 PM   #7588
Russia__WC__2018
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 176
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthemod View Post
You say "it's fact" but what would you (and every other Russian on here) be like if the head guy of the English bid came out to say "Russia is the most racist and corrupt country in Europe", you would all be in hysterics.
Because it's not the fact.

Oh, yeah, and these are contant themes in british press. So no need for England Bid to repeat it.

And read the text again. He answered on question, and showed examples with explanation why Russia's Bid doesn't use it to blackmail other bid.

You, brits, like to provoke tensions from nothing by articles and posts...
Russia__WC__2018 no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #7589
matthemod
Registered User
 
matthemod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gillingham, Medway
Posts: 765
Likes (Received): 95

You're missing the point, it does not matter if it is fact or not, as a representative of his nation's FIFA bid, he is ethically obliged NOT to insult or slander another nation. It's also fact that London is one of if not the most multi-cultural city in Europe but you don't see him saying that do you, because that's not slander.

Even if the British media was as biased as you claim, the English FIFA representative would not say such things about the Russian Bid as no other nation bidding has done. Let the media do whatever they want, they are not the ones acting as representatives to FIFA.
__________________
http://pricetown.myminicity.com

My MiniCity!
matthemod no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #7590
Russia__WC__2018
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 176
Likes (Received): 4

I would be happy if England Bid Chief said the same type of phrase: we and british press don't create scandals from nothing, don't enter into squabbles, exaggorate and cut the context, and we are confident that can handle normal methods, although we have much to say..

But it would be lie, considering the british press campaign.
Russia__WC__2018 no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2010, 08:32 PM   #7591
crazyalex
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 244
Likes (Received): 19

crazyalex no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #7592
Rev Stickleback
Registered User
 
Rev Stickleback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,107
Likes (Received): 1922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolier View Post
Yes, and Iran declares itself an "Islamic republic." Just because a gov't declares itself whatever....doesn't mean the outside world has to toe that B/S line.
So which bit of "Islamic" and "Republic" do you think is false?

Is Iran a buddhist monarchy in your eyes?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Russia__WC__2018 View Post
- Even if we recall the sensational story with a banner against Odemvingie, the same day in Manchester on the stand burned an American flag. But more about that almost no one wrote.

- It is. We were aware of, but did not focus on this account. While it could start a conversation about the lack of tolerance and inciting ethnic hatred by English fans.
Do you actually believe the burning of the American flag was racist or was about hating Americans?

And what example of English fans inciting ethnic hatred are you aware of?
Rev Stickleback no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2010, 09:08 PM   #7593
RobH
Registered User
 
RobH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London-ish
Posts: 12,769
Likes (Received): 10322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russia__WC__2018 View Post
I would be happy if England Bid Chief said the same type of phrase: we and british press don't create scandals from nothing, don't enter into squabbles, exaggorate and cut the context, and we are confident that can handle normal methods, although we have much to say..

But it would be lie, considering the british press campaign.
We and the British Press? Why should the England bid leader speak on behalf of the British press? As I've said before, the two are unrelated, in my country at least. I don't know how things work in Russia though.
RobH está en línea ahora  
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:02 AM   #7594
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

THE World Cup is football's showpiece but - as the Dutch showed in this year's final - the biggest prize can sometimes induce tactics that range from questionable to dastardly.

So it is with the bid process to host the tournament, enmeshed this week in scandal as FIFA probes claims that two executive committee members who vote to award the tournament hosting rights have courted bribes from undercover reporters posing as representatives of the US bid. Then, just a day later, it emerged that FIFA is considering suspending two bidding nations amid claims they agreed to swap votes for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments.

Among the Australian bid team there have sometimes been frustrations, a realisation that bids that are publicly funded - such as Australia's and the US - face greater scrutiny and oversight than others, such as Russia and Qatar, that boast deep pockets and a win-at-all-costs mentality.

Vote swapping is strictly prohibited by FIFA's bid rules and two unnamed bidders - widely believed to be Qatar and Spain-Portugal - are under investigation. Again, FIFA's process - awarding the 2018 and 2022 World Cups at the same time and deploying a voting system of multiple rounds - hardly discourages the prohibited behaviour.

So what does all this chaos mean for Australia's hosting chances? If, as seems possible, Qatar and Spain-Portugal are suspended from bidding, Australia would benefit. A chief rival for 2022 would be removed and powerful Asian confederation boss Mohammed bin Hammam, a Qatari, would throw his support behind Australia. The two executive committee members caught out by The Sunday Times are under investigation by FIFA's ethics committee. Should they be suspended or sacked, would FIFA rush to replace them from within their confederations? Or would it vote to award hosting rights as scheduled on December 2 without them - a move that would surely disadvantage Australia, which is relying on Oceania's vote?

Australia has worked assiduously to win support - including secondary backing from those committed to other bids in the first round of voting. It puts its hopes in the glowing impression left on FIFA's assessment team that toured the nation's facilities earlier this year and in the powers of persuasion of its billionaire chairman. But as the tapes of Adamu and Temarii reveal, no assurance counts as a guarantee in this murky world.


http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spor...019-16sh7.html
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:27 AM   #7595
TheoG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tunbridge Wells, UK
Posts: 204
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russia__WC__2018 View Post
I would be happy if England Bid Chief said the same type of phrase: we and british press don't create scandals from nothing, don't enter into squabbles, exaggorate and cut the context, and we are confident that can handle normal methods, although we have much to say..

But it would be lie, considering the british press campaign.
World politics lesson. In the UK, the FA and the press are completely unrelated. There are different types of newspaper in the UK - tabloid and broadsheet. Broadsheets are more reliable, often, more formal and just generally better. The Sunday Times is a broadsheet newspaper, it is one of Britain's most well respected newspapers. Tabloids are more sensationalist, often make up crap and have pictures of topless women in them. The News of the World is a tabloid newspaper, as is the Daily Mail (ish).

The British press have no 'campaign', as one force. Some newspapers have differing views from others, they don't all gang together and say 'hey, let's p*ss off Country X today!', as you seem to be suggesting. Their job is to report news in an unbiased, sensible fashion, which some are more successful at than others, sell copies and make money.

Some newspapers will tend to make scandals to sell more copies, that's inevitable. Others won't do that, make up stuff to make money. Sure, if they discover something exclusive and interesting, they'll report it, but they won't make up anything. The Daily Mail Treisman affair was part of the former, part of the latter. This is all the latter.

Whether this is the case in Russia, I don't know.

And, referring to your post about the banana incident, the Man Utd fan burning the flag was a symbol of the fan's hate towards the club's current owner, who happens to be American. It wasn't a racist remark to the whole country. The banana incident, on the other hand, was racist, and the club should be punished in some way for it, it was purely out of order.


Off topic, sort of, but did anyone else see the news story about the Russians making inflatable tanks
__________________
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed, hasn't he, Percy?"
TheoG no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:34 AM   #7596
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Well the Russians seems to be off the hook according to the previous report.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:38 AM   #7597
slipperydog
Registered User
 
slipperydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,851
Likes (Received): 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Well the Russians seems to be off the hook according to the previous report.
For vote-trading or for denigrating other bids?
slipperydog no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:43 AM   #7598
void0
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St.Petersburg, Espoo
Posts: 2,098
Likes (Received): 2869

Obviously, FIFA members read English-speaking media and it affects their mind much more than a single comment from Russian bid boss, that's not a fair play.
void0 no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:44 AM   #7599
void0
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St.Petersburg, Espoo
Posts: 2,098
Likes (Received): 2869

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperydog View Post
For vote-trading or for denigrating other bids?
Vote-trading? Where did you read that?
void0 no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:49 AM   #7600
Will737
...
 
Will737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Me!bourne
Posts: 889
Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by void0 View Post
Obviously, FIFA members read English-speaking media and it affects their mind much more than a single comment from Russian bid boss, that's not a fair play.
Oh dear.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
Oh sod off.
Will737 no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu