daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:56 AM   #7601
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Stickleback View Post
Do you actually believe the burning of the American flag was racist or was about hating Americans?
Undoubtely! But Sorokin only answered on the question of journalist about this fact.
AlekseyVT no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:56 AM   #7602
TheoG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tunbridge Wells, UK
Posts: 204
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by void0 View Post
Obviously, FIFA members read English-speaking media and it affects their mind much more than a single comment from Russian bid boss, that's not a fair play.
Fail.
__________________
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed, hasn't he, Percy?"
TheoG no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:59 AM   #7603
TheoG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tunbridge Wells, UK
Posts: 204
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
Undoubtely! But Sorokin only answered on the question of journalist about this fact.
Well good, it wasn't. It was directed at the Man Utd owner, who is American, because everyone hates him, because he got the club into deep sh*t, in short. It was not racist, it was a symbol of disgust at the clubs current owner, not at all Americans.
__________________
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed, hasn't he, Percy?"
TheoG no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:00 AM   #7604
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7063

Last time I see the public burning of American flag in the TV-news from Iran and Iraq. I doubt that the people who doing it very love Americans.
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:04 AM   #7605
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7063

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoG View Post
Well good, it wasn't. It was directed at the Man Utd owner, who is American, because everyone hates him, because he got the club into deep sh*t, in short. It was not racist, it was a symbol of disgust at the clubs current owner, not at all Americans.
So, I also can say that banner of Russian fans was directed at Lokomotiv player, who is African, because many fans don't like this play, in short. It was not racism, it was a symbol of disgust at the former club player, not at all Africans. There were words at the banner - "Thanks to West Bromwich", so it was absolutely understand what it mean.
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:05 AM   #7606
TheoG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tunbridge Wells, UK
Posts: 204
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
Last time I see the public burning of American flag in the TV-news from Iran and Iraq. I doubt that the people who doing it very love Americans.
What can I say, everyone hates Malcolm Glazer

But seriously, the banana was much worse. Take a look at yourselves before criticising others.
__________________
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed, hasn't he, Percy?"
TheoG no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:06 AM   #7607
slipperydog
Registered User
 
slipperydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,851
Likes (Received): 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoG View Post
It was not racist, it was a symbol of disgust at the clubs current owner, not at all Americans.
It wasn't racist, but it was pretty f*cking stupid, considering everything that flag has done for their country. Ignorance in the northwest seems to be more common than just an isolated incident.
slipperydog no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:07 AM   #7608
void0
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St.Petersburg, Espoo
Posts: 2,098
Likes (Received): 2869

I wonder, what will happen if Russia will host world cup finally? I have a feeling that you guys will explain it because of bribing/blackmailing/KGB/Gazprom/...
void0 no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:11 AM   #7609
TheoG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tunbridge Wells, UK
Posts: 204
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperydog View Post
It wasn't racist, but it was pretty f*cking stupid, considering everything that flag has done for their country. Ignorance in the northwest seems to be more common than just an isolated incident.
Yeah, granted, it was really, really f*cking stupid, but still not as bad as the Russians. Blame the northerners.
__________________
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed, hasn't he, Percy?"
TheoG no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:11 AM   #7610
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7063

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthemod View Post
You say "it's fact" but what would you (and every other Russian on here) be like if the head guy of the English bid came out to say "Russia is the most racist and corrupt country in Europe", you would all be in hysterics.
Listen guy, few months ago I'm listened about alcogolism among British youth in the Euronews TV-channel. If I'm not mistaken, there was discussion of this problem in British goverment. Actually, you're have this problem, and this is real fact.
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:14 AM   #7611
slipperydog
Registered User
 
slipperydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,851
Likes (Received): 2401

One of the best youtube clips ever:


Last edited by slipperydog; October 20th, 2010 at 01:26 AM.
slipperydog no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:15 AM   #7612
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7063

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoG View Post
Yeah, granted, it was really, really f*cking stupid, but still not as bad as the Russians.
No, it was more bad. Russian protested again one player, Brits - against all Americans. US flag is symbol of whole nation.
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:16 AM   #7613
crazyalex
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 244
Likes (Received): 19

Oh dear
England vs Russia thread again

Please move on.
crazyalex no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:21 AM   #7614
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7063

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperydog View Post
One of the best youtube clips ever:
For you:


AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:21 AM   #7615
TheoG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tunbridge Wells, UK
Posts: 204
Likes (Received): 1

Argh, I give up, I have absolutely no idea what sh*t is being fed into some people's mouths, but I don't want to be involved with them, that's for sure.

So here's a news article from the Mirror instead:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle605651.html

Lol @ how the Mirror can't even spell 'world'
__________________
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed, hasn't he, Percy?"
TheoG no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:23 AM   #7616
void0
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St.Petersburg, Espoo
Posts: 2,098
Likes (Received): 2869

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperydog View Post
One of the best youtube clips ever:
Oh, God! Again?
void0 no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:24 AM   #7617
slipperydog
Registered User
 
slipperydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,851
Likes (Received): 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
For you:
LOL chill out man. I'm not bashing Russians. I just thought that was hilarious because the reporter is investigating rumors about workers drinking on the job.

One more time...

slipperydog no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:28 AM   #7618
Rev Stickleback
Registered User
 
Rev Stickleback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,107
Likes (Received): 1924

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
So, I also can say that banner of Russian fans was directed at Lokomotiv player, who is African, because many fans don't like this play, in short. It was not racism, it was a symbol of disgust at the former club player, not at all Africans. There were words at the banner - "Thanks to West Bromwich", so it was absolutely understand what it mean.
And what did the banana on it signify?
Rev Stickleback no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:30 AM   #7619
Rev Stickleback
Registered User
 
Rev Stickleback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,107
Likes (Received): 1924

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
Listen guy, few months ago I'm listened about alcogolism among British youth in the Euronews TV-channel. If I'm not mistaken, there was discussion of this problem in British goverment. Actually, you're have this problem, and this is real fact.
Young people get drunk. It must be a first.

How does that impact on England's ability to host exactly?
Rev Stickleback no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:33 AM   #7620
Will737
...
 
Will737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Me!bourne
Posts: 889
Likes (Received): 36





Which is more spiteful?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
Oh sod off.
Will737 no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu