daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old October 22nd, 2010, 01:54 AM   #7781
cobra713

Likes (Received): 235

What's with "life-giving" democracy? It is the salvation for the very few, but death for millions of people.
There are more than 150 countries on planet Earth. And how many of democratic states are succesful? 10-20 ?
Anglo-saxon mentality is all about invasions, wars, bloody conflicts, greed, debauchery, violence and xenophobia.
Just look at any recent military conflict. Where are the yanks and brits, there is a pool of blood. West is a chief evil to all peaceful nations.

I repeat, Western civilization should be destroyed.
cobra713 está en línea ahora  

Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2010, 02:09 AM   #7782
slipperydog

Likes (Received): 2401

What does any of this have to do with hosting the World Cup in 2018 and 2022? Because frankly, you Russians are pretty boring.
slipperydog no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 02:15 AM   #7783
Mr Trebus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra713 View Post
What's with "life-giving" democracy? It is the salvation for the very few, but death for millions of people.
There are more than 150 countries on planet Earth. And how many of democratic states are succesful? 10-20 ?
Anglo-saxon mentality is all about invasions, wars, bloody conflicts, greed, debauchery, violence and xenophobia.
Just look at any recent military conflict. Where are the yanks and brits, there is a pool of blood. West is a chief evil to all peaceful nations.

I repeat, Western civilization should be destroyed.
really? says the clueless **** with a stalin avatar..knobhead.
Mr Trebus no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 02:43 AM   #7784
trmather

Likes (Received): 72

So anyway, the World Cup...
trmather no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 03:28 AM   #7785
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmather View Post
So anyway, the World Cup...

Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 03:38 AM   #7786
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6818

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
I don't understand a word of that post, I didn't say Russians were divided into two races and I don't get what you mean when you say a banana is a popular attribute of British football. Gobbledigook I'm afraid.

I know Mo Rush is dealing with russia_wc_2018 anyway, so thanks for your bizarre response coth, but hopefully things will calm down a bit once his second account is removed.
He is half Tatar, born in USSR.
I mean what i mean - Banana is a popular attribute of some British clubs, but nobody pays attention of what clubs exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoG View Post
referring to got me into a pointless debate through not answering questions properly and posting dribble that they seemed to cut and paste off the Pravda website.
apologizing and immediately making a pricking offending comment... we are all not stupid here, we are able to read the context - "apologize for insulting, but your are still retard brainwashed idiots"

And for your known pravda and pravda.ru are two different newspapers.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 04:39 AM   #7787
JimB

Likes (Received): 4786

To paraphrase Keith Burkinshaw..........there used to be a 2018 / 2022 World Cup Bids thread over here.

Any chance that we could wipe the slate clean, ignore all previous posts (however provocative), accept that Russian media and British media operate in different ways and, henceforward, ONLY discuss the technical merits or weaknesses of each of the bids?

Perhaps Mo could insist that all further political pissing contests on this thread be deleted or exiled to some Skybar elsewhere on SSC? Or perhaps those of you that wish to continue this endless back and forth could start a new thread of your own, titled:

2018 / 2022 World Cup Bids - The Politics

..............Because this thread has now become depressingly tedious. And no finger pointing, please. We are all to blame for allowing it to come to this.
JimB no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 04:54 AM   #7788
T74

Likes (Received): 1

looks like the Spain/Qatar allegations are gaining traction, and possibly casualties:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225942092784

FIFA widens investigation after allegations of bloc voting for World Cups Ashling O'Connor

UP to seven potentially tainted ballots that could decide the hosts for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups are being investigated by FIFA.

The votes pertain to regional blocs on FIFA's 24-strong executive committee, which is scheduled to decide on December 2 which countries will stage the tournaments.

It has emerged that FIFA's ethics committee is investigating an allegation of vote trading between Spain/Portugal, a joint bid for 2018, and Qatar, a candidate for the tournament four years later.

Four votes on the executive committee would be expected to fall under the influence of Spain and Portugal, while Qatar could probably depend on three.

The allegation, being looked into by Claudio Sulser, the ethics committee chairman, is that the two bids agreed to back each other in the separate contests for 2018 and 2022 respectively.

This would represent a clear breach of the rules and could result in both or either bid being thrown out of the contest.Such an outcome would have repercussions for England, who are in competition with Spain/Portgual, in that the contest would likely boil down to a two-horse race with Russia.

Another joint bid, by the Netherlands and Belgium, is seen as a rank outsider. It would raise serious questions, though, about whether the ballot could go ahead as planned with just 15 eligible voting members.

On Wednesday night, the world governing body suspended Amos Adamu, of Nigeria, and Reynald Temarii, the Oceania federation president from Tahiti, after publication of the damaging allegations in The Sunday Times last weekend that they had guaranteed their votes in exchange for cash for personal football projects.

It is not clear whether they will vote on December 2 because the ethics committee inquiry into their conduct is not expected to be completed until mid-November.

It is understood that no hard evidence has been put to the Qatar or Spain/Portugal bid committees, which dispute the allegations.Sepp Blatter, the FIFA president, held talks yesterday with Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani, the Crown Prince of Qatar, during a long-arranged meeting that was delayed one day because of the ethics committee hearings on Wednesday.

Jerome Valcke, the FIFA general secretary, said at a press conference in Zurich on Wednesday night that he had asked Sulser and his committee to "look at the case" of alleged collusion between the two bidders.

He said: "We got the information a few weeks ago and there have been rumours saying that it definitely took place."However, sources suggested that the investigation had gone further, to include several FIFA executive committee members who may have been approached to sell their votes. As observers noted, collusion between countries - if it happened - would only be effective if the bid committees could guarantee the outcome by knowing they had the support of certain executive committee members.

FIFA also fears that The Sunday Times will contain more damaging allegations this weekend.

Adamu has denied the allegations in the newspaper, which has handed over more than 90 minutes of video footage. He was filmed allegedly telling undercover reporters who were posing as lobbyists that he wanted 580,000 pounds to build four artificial pitches in Nigeria, but that the money should be paid into a family member's bank account.

He said he would co-operate with the ethics committee inquiry."Whilst I wholly refute all allegations made, I fully support the inquiry since it is important that these claims are thoroughly investigated," Adamu said.

"Only by doing this will FIFA - and the wider football community - be able to trust that its appointed representatives are beyond reproach."

Temarii has insisted he is innocent and that he was quoted out of context.

The Times
T74 no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 05:35 AM   #7789
Trelawny
BANNED

This thread is getting crazy now, I like it!! The fight for the 2018 and 2022 world cup bids may cause world war 3!
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 05:46 AM   #7790
MoreOrLess

Likes (Received): 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
This thread is getting crazy now, I like it!! The fight for the 2018 and 2022 world cup bids may cause world war 3!
Yeah I'd guess racism would be your thing.
MoreOrLess no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 05:51 AM   #7791
Trelawny
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrLess View Post
Yeah I'd guess racism would be your thing.
I'm guessing you have never been to the Oasis sub forum. This is childs play racism.
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 06:03 AM   #7792
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

Quote:
This would represent a clear breach of the rules and could result in both or either bid being thrown out of the contest.Such an outcome would have repercussions for England, who are in competition with Spain/Portgual, in that the contest would likely boil down to a two-horse race with Russia.
If these allegations are proven true I think throwing out the bid for just this time doesn't do justice. If FIFA wants to be serious about bid trading and vote buying I think they need to not only disqualify such nations for an upcoming bid but also disqualify them for the next bid or two that such nations are available for bidding as well.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 06:10 AM   #7793
crazyalex

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
Nah more like Cold War 2
crazyalex no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 09:24 AM   #7794
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7059

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Trebus View Post
I think if you had a straw poll of nations across the earth as to which of the UK and Russia has a better human rights record,is more racially tolerant and democratic and a beacon for freedom and truth..mother russia fails on all fronts.I bet you think stalin was a good bloke dont you..fool.
It's a vicious circle. Majority of the world's people know about Russia only from the newspapers and Hollywood crap.

Sometimes you need only visit the country to destroy the myths of propaganda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samantha_Smith

But this theme became so boring.
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 09:28 AM   #7795
en1044
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 113

Wow...I don't open this thread for a few days and look what happens. A mess.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 09:53 AM   #7796
TheoG

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
He is half Tatar, born in USSR.
I mean what i mean - Banana is a popular attribute of some British clubs, but nobody pays attention of what clubs exactly.

apologizing and immediately making a pricking offending comment... we are all not stupid here, we are able to read the context - "apologize for insulting, but your are still retard brainwashed idiots"

And for your known pravda and pravda.ru are two different newspapers.
Yes I know Pravda and pravda.ru are different papers, one is slightly normal, the other still thinks Russia is communist.

What I said in my post was that I apologise if it has looked like I insulted Russia as a country, their bid, or all Russians, but I get annoyed by the attitude of some Russian people on here who act like brainwashed idiots, not saying that all Russians are brainwashed idiots. Read the context more carefully, it might help
Old October 22nd, 2010, 10:10 AM   #7797
RobH

Likes (Received): 10311

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
RobH está en línea ahora  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 10:13 AM   #7798
T74

Saw on the England thread some of the feedback re: the technical report has leaked, with England apparently rated well ahead of the others.

Any word yet on how the contenders for 2022 measured up??
T74 no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 11:12 AM   #7799
RobH

Likes (Received): 10311

Hardly any surprise there, England is of course well, well ahead of Russia in technical terms and readiness for hosting this world cup. That's no secret and you don't need a technical committee to tell you that. I'm surprised we're apparently well ahead of the Spain/Portgual bid but perhaps the technical committee have concerns about the lopsidedness of their effort given the number of stadiums in each nation.

Does anyone know if this document is being made public, as the IOC do with their evaluation reports, or are we to be treated to the very particular brand of FIFA transparency which also ensures bidding nations have no requirement to publicise their bid books??
RobH está en línea ahora  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 12:45 PM   #7800
Endrias

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyalex View Post
Nah more like Cold War 2
But would they call it Cold War 2 it sounds like a video game
Endrias no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup