daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old October 24th, 2010, 09:50 PM   #7901
crazyalex

Likes (Received): 19

Oh no English vs Russian again
crazyalex no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #7902
RobH

Likes (Received): 10315

Alex, you try debating with a group of people who respond back in perfect unison "it's the British press wot dun it"

It's touching in a way to know how much they care about us and our Press, but you won't get very far with them if you want to talk about anything other than the Fourth Estate.
RobH no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2010, 10:24 PM   #7903
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russia__WC__2018 View Post
I see how brits or americans lecturing Russia about its "totalitarian media" everyday in internet. Though they don't have a clue about that.

The main problem, I repeat, is not even a british press bias. The superiority complex, based on what you "did know since birthday" about some countries, is a main problem. And that people don't want to change its dinosour vision of the world.

And I don't understand why are you talking to me, because I argued with matthemod.
Honestly, which century do you live in?

Fascinating.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #7904
dacrio

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
not necessarily.

If the media is right, and the Spainish 4 and Qatari 3 agreed to back the Spanish/Qatari bids in a trade-off, Qatar would be guaranteed to make it to the final round (starting with a base of 7 votes).

They only needed 5 more to win. It would be tough for the Korean and Japanese delegate to vote against their confed, so that gives them 9. As you mentioned, Conmembol tend to vote together, so that then brings Paraguay into play (up to 10). That then meant Qatar only needed to get 3 more votes to win, and they have been working hard to develop goodwill with CAF. If they get the Nigeria/Cameroon/Côte d'Ivoire, thats your 13.

The issue Aka raised though was he was disputing Teixeira being put in the pro-Russia column for 2018 by Dacrio. On this, I agree with him. Would be stunned if any of Conmembol voted against Spain/Portugal - especially in the first round of voting. That being said, he also had Bin Hammam and Makudi voting for Russia, and both are liked to the alleged Qatari/Spain deal, so you would be expecting them to also support Spain. Also he had Abo Rida voting for Holland, when he has been alleged to be the third of the Qatari block.

Switch those three votes, you suddenly get Spain with 10, Russia with 6, England with 5, and Benelux with 3 after his hypothetical first round vote.

believe that qatar has chances to host the world cup is ridicoulus.
a world cup in qatar?!??!
spain 10 votes in the first round?!??! ...too many

I know we're speaking about money but , please, be serious!
dacrio no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2010, 10:34 PM   #7905
Rev Stickleback

Likes (Received): 1921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russia__WC__2018 View Post
This is exactly what must be said about UK and USA. USA even still censoring video reports from Afghanistan.

Or this: British SIS Hit Team Kills Top US Oil Expert For Breaking Gulf Oil Spill News Blackout

This is a long long conversation. How people from countries, which are listed higher in Soros-sponsored "list" have superiority complex, and talking about others, like they don't have access to the "truth".

The situation is directly opposite.

And let's not make a mess from this point.
hmm, you didn't perhaps have a look round some of the "News" from that site?

How about this story
http://www.eutimes.net/2009/03/time-...-white-people/

Time to Grow a Spine Now, White People!

You know you’re not a “hater,” you’re an American and have always wanted to give everyone a fair shake, no matter his skin color. But why can’t us Whites get a break once in a while from all this racism bull we have to listen to, 24/7? You don’t think we deserve a little slack after all we’ve done in this country to improve race relations?

You’re not the only one who feels this way. But you know something else? It’s not Blacks or us “Evil Whites” responsible for the mess we’re in. We’ve been played for suckers for way too long. Maybe, just maybe, it’s not really “racism” behind all of this, but a way of keeping Whites feeling guilty, a way to get OUR rights trampled on and to force us to look the other away as another race does whatever the hell they want to in the world!

Yep, that’s right — the Jews. You might be blowing it all off right now, but listen up: Jews have worked consciously for years to make the US a “pluralistic” society or what they describe in their infinite wisdom, a “Universal Country.” Oh, that sounds great and all, but the facts of the matter is that they’ve really done this for their own inner motives — never really caring about Blacks in the end. Many Jews, privately, are totally hateful about Blacks.

How about...
Europe Becomes Less European With Each New Wave of Mass Immigration

The rise in forced marriages — estimated to be in the region of 10,000 every year, of which 20 percent involve male victims — is yet more evidence that Third World culture has been imported into Britain along with Third World immigrants.

In a disturbing display of the simple truth that a culture is merely the reflection of a people, and that cultures change when the population changes, the incidence of forced marriages in Britain has risen sharply along with the rise in the number of immigrants.

and let's not forget the way that piece of "journalism" you quoted ends...
Quote:
Most unfortunately in all of these events is that another great voice for freedom has been silenced in America with the killing of Matthew Simmons; a sad fact made even more intolerable as the majority of the American people continue to remain complacent while the appetite of the US elite classes to steal all they can is warned is pushing them all towards a new Revolutionary War. 
Call me a cynic if you like, or even one of the "sheeple" who does know the "truth", but something about that site makes me suspect it isn't exactly a reliable source of information.

If that's where you get your ideas of press "cover-ups" from though, it does explain a lot.
Rev Stickleback no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #7906
MysteryMike
BANNED

This thread continues to be derailed by garbage, I mean honestly, Russia you are not doing yourselves any favors. Is this like the Japanese kamikaze efforts when they couldn't win? Why isn't anyone knocking these tosser bids that were stealing your votes via vote rigging i.e Spain/Portugal and Qatar. Anyone who talks again on some tangent Anglophile versus Russophile debate should cop a you know what.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2010, 11:04 PM   #7907
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
Argentina gives tactical green light to Qatar 2022 bid

Argentina has confirmed it will throw its weight behind Qatar’s bid to host the FIFA World Cup in 2022.

“We expect that Doha in return will support our candidacy to co-host the event in 2030 along with Uruguay,” said Carlos Enrique Meyer, Argentinean tourism minister, during a state visit to Doha".

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/argen...id-357860.html

Gulftimes

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topic...6&parent_id=16
Another pay off Qatar? Another bribe? Another nation to corrupt? Qatar should be the first nation eliminated out of the world cup bid, it should have happened when the bidding process initially started, what a disgrace for FIFA.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2010, 11:40 PM   #7908
kidrobot

Likes (Received): 8659

I don't see people from any other countries posting bullshit articles here, other than Britain, that's why there is such an argument between brits and russians.

Anyway, I find it funny how things have changed. Our country was brainwashed for 80 years. So noone believes what the press says.
Now when I talk to some guys from Britain or the US it seems like it is they who have been reading Pravda for the last century. Any conversation about Russia ends with blabbering about kgb, gulag, freedom of press, democracy, speech freedom index or whatever.

Surprisingly, there is an anglosaxon expat community in Moscow. Guys from Britain, America, Australia, Canada. About 40 000 of them. Got their own newspapers, satellite channel. I've talked to many of them and they enjoy living under our bloody regime.
kidrobot no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2010, 11:49 PM   #7909
T74

Likes (Received): 1

I find it amusing that the main media empire that does have its TV/newspaper empire follow its owners agenda (and usually report with bias politically) is News Limited.

News Limited of course which dominates the UK press.

News Limited of course which is owned by an American who was originally Australian.

out of interest, why would an ex-Australian American give a toss about boosting the British self esteem for anything, when its not his allegiance, and his sole allegiance is to himself and selling papers?
T74 no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2010, 12:01 AM   #7910
RobH

Likes (Received): 10315

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrobot View Post
I don't see people from any other countries posting bullshit articles here, other than Britain, that's why there is such an argument between brits and russians.

Anyway, I find it funny how things have changed. Our country was brainwashed for 80 years. So noone believes what the press says.
Now when I talk to some guys from Britain or the US it seems like it is they who have been reading Pravda for the last century. Any conversation about Russia ends with blabbering about kgb, gulag, freedom of press, democracy, speech freedom index or whatever.

Surprisingly, there is an anglosaxon expat community in Moscow. Guys from Britain, America, Australia, Canada. About 40 000 of them. Got their own newspapers, satellite channel. I've talked to many of them and they enjoy living under our bloody regime.
Like we give a ****.
RobH no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2010, 12:21 AM   #7911
TheoG

Quote:

You do realise that RobH and I were posting links to the silly articles to make a point, not that we actually believed them. The one who took it to be a true article was in fact Russian. I'm not saying that Russia is a bad country, or that it's badly run, but some people on here seem to copy and paste stuff off Pravda.ru because they think it's true, which is ignorant and stupid, IMO.

Just out of interest, and off topic, but do Russia have satirical comedy shows, such as Have I Got News For You, or Mock the Week, which take the p*ss out of everything, eg. the government, the people, even our bid for 2018, around the time of the Triesman affair, in a funny way? YouTube them, they're very funny, do you have anything similar in Russia?
Old October 25th, 2010, 12:43 AM   #7912
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7061

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
T
If Rob posts an article about the World Cup bids on this thread, the most that you have the right to assume is that he posted it because it was relevant to this thread.
If Rob posts an article about the World Cup bids on this thread, that I'm have right to comment it and named it BS when I'm so think, isn't it?
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2010, 12:46 AM   #7913
kidrobot

Nah, our satirical comedy shows are very gentle to everyone to my mind. Not only the government, but also to the pop-stars, cops, average joes. They joke about corruption, officials and stupidity, sochi 2014 bid, crap football teams but they are usually too nice.
There is a russian analogue of "Little Britain" though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NBUpQV227M
Old October 25th, 2010, 12:54 AM   #7914
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoG View Post
Just out of interest, and off topic, but do Russia have satirical comedy shows, such as Have I Got News For You, or Mock the Week, which take the p*ss out of everything, eg. the government, the people, even our bid for 2018, around the time of the Triesman affair, in a funny way? YouTube them, they're very funny, do you have anything similar in Russia?
This show have funny name "Projectorparishilton". I'm don't watch this programm, but they have such style. I'm don't want to find some interesting fragments, but here are fragments of interview with Jean-Paul Gaultier:

Old October 25th, 2010, 12:59 AM   #7915
TheoG

BTW, this is a funny read. It's a mock tabloid newspaper called the Private Eye, which is edited by the comdeian Ian Hislop (who, incidentally, I live about a mile from, and whose house Ive been to, family Ive met, pool I've swam in, etc.).
www.private-eye.co.uk/
Old October 25th, 2010, 01:03 AM   #7916
TheoG

Quote:
Nah, our satirical comedy shows are very gentle to everyone to my mind. Not only the government, but also to the pop-stars, cops, average joes. They joke about corruption, officials and stupidity, sochi 2014 bid, crap football teams but they are usually too nice.
There is a russian analogue of "Little Britain" though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NBUpQV227M
That's closer to what Have I Got News For You is like, it's a bit gentler, still good fun though. Mock the Week is just insults, less so since Frankie Boyle, who has managed to get into trouble with just about everyone, including the Queen, still funny.

I prefer sketch shows, like Harry and Paul, or Armstrong and Miller, though, personally.
Old October 25th, 2010, 01:11 AM   #7917
AlekseyVT
BANNED

More video (about gay parade):

Football players:

Russian players watching WC in South Africa:
Old October 25th, 2010, 01:21 AM   #7918
kidrobot

The most scandalous newspaper we ever had was "The Exile". It was published by an american expat living in Moscow. He mocked mafia, government, other expats, other countries, russian opposition, orthodox church, journalists from the world over, i.e. almost everything. He also had a very specific approach to russian women (he called them "cheap whores" and it infuriated a lot of them), tried a lot of drugs and wrote about his prostitute visits. It was a good example of Gonzo-journalism. In 2008 he stopped publishing the newspaper saying he had problems with the government and went back to America. Which is probably not true - if the officials wanted his paper shut, they wouldn't let him bash everyone for 6 years. Most likely he ran out of money.
You can check the whole archive of the issues here: http://exile.ru/
There are some hillarious and witty articles about modern Russia - like this one: http://exile.ru/articles/detail.php?...hrase_id=47586
Old October 25th, 2010, 01:34 AM   #7919
JimB

Likes (Received): 4786

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
If Rob posts an article about the World Cup bids on this thread, that I'm have right to comment it and named it BS when I'm so think, isn't it?
You have the right to comment about an article. Absolutely. Be as critical of it as you want.

But, just because you might only ever post articles which reflect your own opinion, you don't have the right to assume that everyone else does the same. You have no idea what other people might or might not do.

Here's an idea: why don't you ask RobH instead of making such assumptions? That would be the civilized and polite thing to do.

Or is that too much to ask of you?
JimB está en línea ahora  
Old October 25th, 2010, 05:03 AM   #7920
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 950

This Thread is in Chaos Mode!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup