daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old October 26th, 2010, 02:09 PM   #7981
RobH

Likes (Received): 10293

Quote:
our member is still in FIFA and he is the head of AFC

you are who use bribes and this normal in your continent that why FIFA suspended Oceana member in big scandal lol
Maybe you want to think before you post next time.

Oceania's FIFA exec has been suspended but Australia's bid is not under investigation. With Qatar it's the other way around, and actually their exec is hardly in a secure position even though he hasn't been suspended.
RobH no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:15 PM   #7982
waqif
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Maybe you want to think before you post next time.

Oceania's FIFA exec has been suspended but Australia's bid is not under investigation. With Qatar it's the other way around, and actually their exec is hardly in a secure position even though he hasn't been suspended.
Qatar not under investigation who was under offical investigation is Australia in june and I can provide the offical link from FIFA site do you want the link ? i can bring it now if you want
waqif no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #7983
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
Qatar not under investigation who was under offical investigation is Australia in june and I can provide the offical link from FIFA site do you want the link ? i can bring it now if you want
Yes please do. At the end of the day, Australia's bid is in the clear & Qatar's is not. Deal with it.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:19 PM   #7984
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
Yes please do. At the end of the day, Australia's bid is in the clear & Qatar's is not. Deal with it.
Qatar what ?
waqif no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:20 PM   #7985
RobH

Likes (Received): 10293

Quote:
Australia was cleared, Qatar is still under investigation. These are the facts.
RobH no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #7986
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
I think there's a clear difference between voting collusion by Doha and what Australia were "accused" of by a rogue media outlet and they were cleared by FIFA, so they obviously didn't do anything wrong. The scale of Doha's collusion with Spain/Portugal can pretty much take FIFA down with it. This is what FIFA gets for allowing such a sham bid to even enter the bidding race.

Despite the severity of the charges facing Adamu and Temarii the collusion issue is the most sensitive for Fifa because, if proven, it impacts on a many as seven executive committee members. The challenge it poses for Fifa was illustrated as five of those whose votes are alleged to have been discussed as part of the Qatar-Iberia deal attended meetings at Fifa House yesterday.

Ángel María Villar Llona, the Spanish head of the Iberian bid, and Qatar’s Mohamed Bin Hammam, president of the Asian Football Confederation, are likely to face questions about the allegations.Their natural or historic allies could also face scrutiny. Bin Hammam has previously had the support of Hany Abou Rida, of Egypt, and Worawi Makudi of Thailand. Villar Llona and the Iberian bid, meanwhile, have natural allies in Latin America, including Fifa’s senior vice-president, Julio Grondona, of Argentina, and Ricardo Texeira, of Brazil.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...f-scandal.html
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:25 PM   #7987
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Qatar what ?
Right, Doha sorry!
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:25 PM   #7988
Wezza
©

Quote:
Qatar what ?
Do I need to spell it out for you?

Quote:
Spain and Qatar face Fifa probe into alleged World Cup bid collusion
The Spain-Portugal and Qatar World Cup bids are under investigation by Fifa's ethics committee following allegations that they agreed to trade votes in clear breach of bidding rules, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.

By Paul Kelso
Published: 10:42PM BST 20 Oct 2010

Big gesture: Fifa president Sepp Blatter's main aim is to restore confidence in the organisation Photo: AP
Sources with knowledge of the investigation confirmed on Wednesday night that the two bids are the subject of an inquiry launched in the wake of corruption allegations against two Fifa executive committee members.
If found guilty of colluding, the bids could face expulsion from the contest for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments. Spain-Portugal is campaigning to win the 2018 race, with Qatar among five candidates for 2022.

The investigation into alleged collusion has the potential to blow the race for the two tournaments wide open, with Spain-Portugal a major rival to England's bid for the 2018 tournament.

Were the Iberian bid to be reprimanded or ejected, England would face a straight fight with frontrunners Russia. Holland-Belgium is considered the outsider of the four European bids.
Confirmation of the investigation into the bids came as Fifa suspended Amos Adamu and Reynald Temarii, the two executive committee members exposed in the Sunday Times' cash-for-votes revelations last weekend.

After a meeting of Fifa's ethics committee in Zurich on Wednesday, at which they both appeared, the pair were provisionally suspended from all football-related activity pending the outcome of an investigation that is expected to conclude in mid-November.

"The decision to suspend these two individuals was taken unanimously," said Claudio Sulser, chairman of the ethics committee.
"The ethics committee has zero tolerance for anything that violates its code of ethics in order to protect the good of Fifa and its image," he said. "We deem that it is crucial to protect the integrity of the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bidding process."

In a statement, Fifa said that a provisional suspension was justified "taking into account the gravity of the case and the likelihood that a breach of the Fifa statutes, code of ethics and disciplinary code has been committed".
Former Nigerian sports minister Adamu was filmed by the Sunday Times suggesting to undercover reporters that a payment of £500,000 to build artificial pitches be directed through a relative's bank account.

Temarii, president of the Oceania Football Confederation, was recorded discussing a £1.5 million payment to improve a football development centre in New Zealand. He also told the reporters that two bids had offered "huge" payments for his support and that he had received offers of between $10-12 million (£7.5 million).

Four other officials implicated in the Sunday Times expose were also suspended. Slim Aloulou, chairman of Fifa's disputes resolution committee, Amadou Diakite, a member of the referees committee, Ahongalu Fusimalohi and former executive committee member Ismael Bhamjee all now face a full investigation.

Fifa general secretary Jerome Valcke said that the vote on the World Cup was unlikely to be delayed beyond the scheduled date of Dec 2, but neither he nor Susler was able to say whether it could go ahead if Adamu and Temarii remain suspended.

Their suspension lasts for 30 days and can be extended for a further 20, but Sulser said he was confident that the investigation would be completed, with an announcement due between Nov 15-17.

Sulser said he hoped to conclude the collusion inquiry into Spain-Portugal and Qatar at the same time. Neither bid was at Wednesday's meeting, though Fifa president Sepp Blatter did meet with the Emir of Qatar in Zurich on Wednesday in a long-standing arrangement.

The Daily Telegraph revealed in September that rumours of collusion between Spain-Portugal and Qatar were widespread in football.
The central charge is that the two bids agreed to trade blocs of votes under their influence, with Qatar's supporters on the executive committee alleged to have agreed to back Spain-Portugal in the 2018 vote in exchange for support from the Iberian's voters in the 2022 race.

"We got the information [about collusion] a few weeks ago, and there have been rumours saying that it definitely took place," said Valcke. "We said that we should ask the ethics committee to look at the case."
The collusion inquiry will be greeted with delight by Spain-Portugal and Qatar's rivals, but it will also raise questions about the wisdom of running the 2018 and 2022 races in parallel.

Valcke defended that decision: "The process for 2018 and 2022 has been perfectly well managed and the ethics committee has made several interventions to make sure that the bids are complying with the rules."
He rejected suggestions that the allegations against Adamu and Temarii showed that Fifa is corrupt.

Blatter said the investigation marked a "sad day for football" adding: "As the president of Fifa, I appeal to all members of the Fifa family to behave in an honest, sincere and respectful manner because football is based on discipline, respect, fair play and solidarity.

"I am a little bit surprised that [you] say is Fifa corrupt? Fifa is actually in the world of sport a well-recognised organisation and institution, so let us do our job and clarify the situation and bring back credibility to football.
"Our society is full of devils and you find these devils in football. We have to fight for fair play. Trust us and you will see confidence will be restored."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...collusion.html

Capiche?
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:27 PM   #7989
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Australia was cleared, Qatar is still under investigation. These are the facts.
the facts is just british newspaper claims about Spain bid and nobody care about it and even it is true FIFA cant do any thing spain can vote for any country they want it is like who said ( why England will vote for it is self ) lol

the fact is Oceana member is suspended
waqif no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:30 PM   #7990
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
Do I need to spell it out for you?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...collusion.html

Capiche?
well I never heard Bin Hamam said he will vote for Spain ! All i heard he will vote for Qatar but if he did that great and I dare FIFA or anyone else can do anything :P
waqif no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:36 PM   #7991
Wezza
©

Quote:
well I never heard Bin Hamam said he will vote for Spain ! All i heard he will vote for Qatar but if he did that great and I dare FIFA or anyone else can do anything :P
Congratulations!
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #7992
MysteryMike
BANNED

Bin Hammam said: ‘Whether the best candidates for 2018 and 2022 win or not, I’m not 100 per cent sure as this depends more on public relations and how as a marketing person you sell your product. There is also a lack of clear written criteria.’Bin Hammam, a Qatari, said vote trading among executive committee members would be taking place. He told the Leaders in Football conference at Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge: ‘I will be looking to the interests of Qatar because that is the bid for me. All the bidders are telling me, “If you vote for me I’ll vote for you”.’

Says more than enough really, what he really meant in the story was "I told Spain/Portugal and their cronies, they vote for me, I vote for them plus they shall get the votes of my cronies". Here is the AFC president saying there is no written criteria so he can go and rig the votes...

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footbal...t-the-best-bid
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #7993
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Bin Hammam said: ‘Whether the best candidates for 2018 and 2022 win or not, I’m not 100 per cent sure as this depends more on public relations and how as a marketing person you sell your product. There is also a lack of clear written criteria.’Bin Hammam, a Qatari, said vote trading among executive committee members would be taking place. He told the Leaders in Football conference at Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge: ‘I will be looking to the interests of Qatar because that is the bid for me. All the bidders are telling me, “If you vote for me I’ll vote for you”.’

Says more than enough really, what he really meant in the story was "I told Spain/Portugal and their cronies, they vote for me, I vote for them plus they shall get the votes of my cronies".

I will be looking to the interests of Qatar because that is the bid for me

of course not Australia interests
waqif no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #7994
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Paging Mo_Rush to thread to do some moderating...oh wait.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:52 PM   #7995
Will737

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSD View Post
I will be looking to the interests of Qatar because that is the bid for me

of course not Australia interests
You make NO sense.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #7996
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
Paging Mo_Rush to thread to do some moderating...oh wait.
your friend Mo Rush stacked in Qatar bid topic and last comment by him was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
Cape Town 2026
waqif no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #7997
MysteryMike
BANNED

Yep as I said says it all, here is the Qatari AFC president and possible future president of FIFA saying there is no written criteria so he can go and rig the votes...that's fantastic. Like I said adios amigos!! Blatter will take his chance and send Bin Hammam and his band of tossers to the FIFA EXIT door, where he will unceremoniously boot them from the organisation. Blatter 1 Bin Hammam and cronies -500, fantastic day for everyone
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #7998
Will737

Does this forum has any form of sanity left? Or have the likes of waqif, rus and wezza just totally screwed the whole place up?
Will737 no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #7999
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post

Says more than enough really, what he really meant in the story was "I told Spain/Portugal and their cronies, they vote for me, I vote for them plus they shall get the votes of my cronies". Here is the AFC president saying there is no written criteria so he can go and rig the votes...

And ?
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:08 PM   #8000
labytnangi

Alternative russian bid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0MufOiEtrw
labytnangi no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup