daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old October 27th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #8041
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
WTF does the queen have to do with the world cup?
MysteryMike no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #8042
waqif
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 200
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
FACT - Australia is more an Asian country than Qatar could ever hope to be. There are more people from Asian backgrounds in Australia than the entire real population of Qatar. Australia is the top ranked FIFA nation in Asia. All of Asia knows what country is a disgrace/failure to International and Asian football (aka Qatar) and what country is doing major things for football in Asia (Australia).
Australia never been in Asia and Autralia not belong to Asia and Asian countries will not vote for them you never win Asia CUP you never win Asian Games you never host any one of them you are strangers in that area you can bid later as Oceana country after FIFA remove banned of your Area due your area corruption.
waqif no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #8043
T74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 622
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
Australia never been in Asia and Autralia not belong to Asia and Asian countries will not vote for them you never win Asia CUP you never win Asian Games you never host any one of them you are strangers in that area you can bid later as Oceana country after FIFA remove banned of your Area due your area corruption.
ummm, you are aware Australia is the sole bidder for the 2015 Asian Cup?

looks like your statement will be officially a "fail" in just 3 months
T74 no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #8044
RobH
Registered User
 
RobH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London-ish
Posts: 12,764
Likes (Received): 10311

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
Australia never been in Asia and Autralia not belong to Asia and Asian countries will not vote for them you never win Asia CUP you never win Asian Games you never host any one of them you are strangers in that area you can bid later as Oceana country after FIFA remove banned of your Area due your area corruption.
Qatar bid = under investigation
Australia bid = not under investigation

Which bit of this do you NOT understand?

This is the ONLY relevent point when talking about corruption and the 2022 bids. The fact that an Oceania member has been caught potentially asking for money has NOTHING to do with Australia 2022.
RobH está en línea ahora  
Old October 27th, 2010, 02:30 PM   #8045
LarisaCh
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 3rd Rome
Posts: 388
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
World-class centrepiece stadiums in Moscow, Kazan and Sochi look impressive on paper. However, St Petersburg's new arena, scheduled to finish in 2008, will now be completed at the end of 2011 following wrangling over funding between Gazprom and the city administration. Spartak Moscow's new stadium was due to be finished in 2009, but now looks likely to be completed in 2012. The officials call these "temporary problems", pointing once more to the good work in Sochi, though not all Russians are so sure.
I don't see point. What difference - whether these stadiums will be completed for 6-7 or 9-10 years before the start of World Cup? I even think that the first option a little more preferable.
LarisaCh no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #8046
JimB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,016
Likes (Received): 4786

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
Beckham was lampooned in the Russian press.


Surely not? According to the Russians on here, the Russian media always shows total respect to all the other bidders - a model of thoughtful and fair minded journalism. According to Russians, only the British media can be guilty of writing negative articles or making negative comments about other bids.

JimB no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #8047
Wezza
©
 
Wezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Townsville
Posts: 8,861
Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
no one care about your ludicrous comments your opinion also is nothing here
What's ludicrous about the facts? You don't know what you're talking about, you can sit down now.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 03:02 PM   #8048
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
Fact nobody will vote for Australia as Asian country they will give WC 2022 to Asian country

they can have chance if they back to oceana

otherwise they will beat as what happened in AFC CUP bid
The truth hurts. Australian firms effectively ran the Asian Games in Doha.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #8049
Wezza
©
 
Wezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Townsville
Posts: 8,861
Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
The truth hurts. Australian firms effectively ran the Asian Games in Doha.
Ouch.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 03:53 PM   #8050
LarisaCh
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 3rd Rome
Posts: 388
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post


Surely not? According to the Russians on here, the Russian media always shows total respect to all the other bidders - a model of thoughtful and fair minded journalism. According to Russians, only the British media can be guilty of writing negative articles or making negative comments about other bids.

OMG, not again!

JimB, you speak about nothing. Are you read at least one of these articles? How can you judge about book which you never read? Just because somebody said that it's bad? It's don't mean that it's really so. It's like in Soviet times - "I'm never read Pasternak's books, but I'm deeply hate it."

Try to think by own brains, not by brains of your good journalists!
LarisaCh no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 03:56 PM   #8051
JimB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,016
Likes (Received): 4786

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarisaCh View Post
OMG, not again!

JimB, you speak about nothing. Are you read at least one of these articles? How can you judge about book which you never read? Just because somebody said that it's bad? It's don't mean that it's really so. It's like in Soviet times - "I'm never read Pasternak's books, but I'm deeply hate it."

Try to think by own brains, not by brains of your good journalists!
Lighten up, fella.

You didn't see the ?
JimB no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #8052
LarisaCh
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 3rd Rome
Posts: 388
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
Beckham was lampooned in the Russian press for providing nothing more than a "pretty picture" and making general points that could be related to any of the candidates.
I'm however, can't say that this is lie. But this statement is too equivocal and need in detailing.
LarisaCh no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #8053
Walbanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,239
Likes (Received): 1102

I thought what they said about David Beckham (if they said it) was funny and fairly accurate. Totally sick of seeing his overrated mug, still he's better than having Nichole Kidman present your bid.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 04:19 PM   #8054
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
Lighten up, fella.

You didn't see the ?
Its a lady you're conversing with
__________________
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #8055
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
The truth hurts. Australian firms effectively ran the Asian Games in Doha.
[IMG]http://t2.************/images?q=tbn:y_oq3DnVgGtZmM:http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa162/jasongordon34/ouch.jpg&t=1[/IMG]
__________________
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #8056
jacoboy7
Registered User
 
jacoboy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth
Posts: 482
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
no one care about your ludicrous comments your opinion also is nothing here
Do you even know what ludicrous means?

Have you realised you are the ONLY Qatarai discussing the situation.
Do you know why?

All your "friends" have come to realise the truth, and the only reason why you don't yet is because your ignorant, and arrogant.
You think you are on top of the world, and no one, especially westerners can take it from you.

Well news flash, everything relating to sport in your country was made possible by us, AUSTRALIA!

Everything you say is idiotic.

Why won't Asia vote for Australia, what because the majority of us aren't of asian decent...and you call us racist.
There are more Asian immigrants in Australia than the entire population of your country!
__________________

"Scientists discover the Unknown, Architects design the Unique, Engineers create the previously Impossible"

jacoboy7 no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 06:17 PM   #8057
LarisaCh
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 3rd Rome
Posts: 388
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Its a lady you're conversing with
Thanks. I'm was sure that it's easy to understand that Larisa is female name
LarisaCh no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #8058
Qatar Son 333
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Doha (Qatar)
Posts: 8,001
Likes (Received): 7

Interesting how disturbed people could be from just one person, really shallow of you guys.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #8059
JimB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,016
Likes (Received): 4786

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarisaCh View Post
Thanks. I'm was sure that it's easy to understand that Larisa is female name
Larisa could just as easily have been the name of a city, for all I knew!

Anyway, apologies!
JimB no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #8060
waqif
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 200
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
The truth hurts. Australian firms effectively ran the Asian Games in Doha.
truth hurst ? Qatar Gas & Oil run every thing in Australia fly & move from Air to ground , Qatar companies have , own and manage millions of investments in every Australian city.

it is normal when people says the bigger Australia is better than tiny Qatar, but what realy hurts you and these Australian guys to see all these votes around tiny Qatar bid
waqif no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu