daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old October 28th, 2010, 12:16 PM   #8101
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
and Jan can see the multi names & banned them
MysteryMike no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #8102
MysteryMike
BANNED

The joint Spanish and Portuguese bid to host the 2018 World Cup have denied allegations they agreed a pact with Qatar, who are bidding for the 2022 edition, to manipulate the voting process. Soccer's world governing body FIFA are investigating claims of collusion and vote-swapping for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments, which is banned and can lead to disqualification.

Last week, FIFA provisionally suspended two members of their executive committee, which begins a two-day meeting on Thursday to address the bidding process, over allegations they offered to sell their votes to undercover newspaper reporters from a British newspaper. "The Iberian bid already told FIFA last Wednesday that it does not have any agreement with any other bidding nation," Miguel Angel Lopez, chief executive of the Spanish/Portuguese candidacy, said in a statement on Thursday.

They had offered FIFA full cooperation in the investigation, he added. FIFA's executive committee is due to announce the hosts for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups in Zurich on Dec. 2.

Russia, England, Spain/Portugal and Belgium/Netherlands are bidding for 2018 and Japan, South Korea, Australia, United States and Qatar want 2022.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/281020...collusion.html

Either way these votes won't be going to Doha now mmm smells like the olympic bid all over again doesn't it?
Old October 28th, 2010, 12:29 PM   #8103
MysteryMike
BANNED

Old October 28th, 2010, 12:32 PM   #8104
TheoG

Likes (Received): 1

This thread is a bag of lols. How sad.
Old October 28th, 2010, 12:36 PM   #8105
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Hi All

Please consult forum guidelines. You will note that provoking forumers by consistently trying to be offensive or aggressive in your posts will result in infractions.

MysteryMike as a case in point. Not every post needs to highlight your views of the Russian bid.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 31st, 2010, 02:32 AM   #8106
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
What are your thoughts about the BeNe bid now that we have found controversy elsewhere?
I love that bid.Bennelux would host a wonderful World Cup
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 31st, 2010, 03:13 AM   #8107
_X_

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...-Cup-bribe-bid
Morocco failed in football World Cup bribe bid
SIMON PLUMB - Sunday Star Times
05:00 31/10/2010

Morocco tried, and failed, to buy the Oceania Football Confederation's vote in the race to host this year's World Cup, according to claims in the latest videos from a British newspaper sting.

As revelations from the Sunday Times' investigations into alleged Fifa corruption continue, a secretly filmed Auckland meeting between suspended OFC delegate Ahongalu Fusimalohi and an undercover reporter sees Fusimalohi claim that in 2004 the African nation floated a $200,000 bribe attempt.

Fusimalohi goes on to say it was "thrown in the rubbish".

"Let's just say they made offers," Fusimalohi says on the video. "Let's just say there were people being offered [$US150,000], something to that effect, maybe more, I'm not sure," Fusimalohi is captioned as saying (the audio on the video is often poor).

"It comes in brochures, it comes in all sorts of forms, but the first thing you do is destroy it and throw it in the rubbish."

While the video seemingly adds proof to the existence of bribes and corruption within the Fifa bidding processes, the OFC's apparent spurning of the alleged Moroccan attempt may help its cause when Fifa's ethics committee investigates the Times' claims.

Last week Fairfax Media revealed how over the past six years OFC president Reynald Temarii, suspended alongside Fusimalohi, had repeatedly tried to build a multi-million-dollar Auckland football academy, uncovering blueprints for the redevelopment of Mangere Centre Park and stalled plans for the unused Supertop site at Mt Smart Stadium.

The latest batch of Sunday Times videos feature even more from Fusimalohi. He is recorded saying Temarii was set to vote for Spain in the upcoming meetings to decide the host nation of the 2018 World Cup – suggesting a deal where the Spanish were willing to help train and develop OFC youth teams.

Fusimalohi told Fairfax he accepted the opportunity to submit an official statement to Fifa this week – calling the Sunday Times' sting attempt "rubbish".

"I can guarantee you everything that's come out of the Sunday Times about me is misleading," Fusimalohi told Fairfax.

"I have watched the whole one-hour interview."

FIFA has delayed confirming worldwide qualification paths to the 2014 World Cup.

But New Zealand Football, which needs the information to start booking the All Whites' 2011 fixtures, is confident the hitch should clear over in a few days.

Fifa committee member and NZ Football chairman Frank van Hattum spent the week at world football headquarters in Zurich for a scheduled meeting with Fifa's Associations Committee.
Ad Feedback

Prior to the cash-for-votes scandal that has rocked the biggest organisation in world sport, it was expected van Hattum would return home knowing the All Whites' qualification route to Brazil in 2014.

But van Hattum now says it will have to wait until early next week – though he's "pretty sure" things will stay the same for the All Whites' favourable path to the World Cup.

"No, we haven't confirmed things yet," van Hattum told Fairfax.

"We're still pretty sure it's going to be exactly as it was last time though.

"At the end of the day I think I might find out Monday or Tuesday. I would think early next week."

Earlier this month NZ Football chief executive Michael Glading told Fairfax busy plans for the All Whites' 2011 diary were already well down the track, and he would be able to open negotiations with potential opponents as soon as Fifa confirmed the All Whites' route to Brazil 2014.

It is expected the All Whites will have at least three World Cup qualifying games next year – but Glading cannot plan what he hopes will be four additional fixtures until Fifa confirms the qualifiers.
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2010, 10:58 AM   #8108
mdhar.v12

Likes (Received): 42

As far as 2022 is concerned only US and Australia are the main contenders. and maybe Australia might have an edge over US, as FIFA and IOC are exploring new markets rather than traditional western countries…..and I think there will be no “OBAMA effect” which has failed to secure Chicago 2016 Olympics…..
mdhar.v12 no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2010, 11:18 AM   #8109
Mo Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...-Cup-bribe-bid
Morocco failed in football World Cup bribe bid
SIMON PLUMB - Sunday Star Times
05:00 31/10/2010

Morocco tried, and failed, to buy the Oceania Football Confederation's vote in the race to host this year's World Cup, according to claims in the latest videos from a British newspaper sting.

As revelations from the Sunday Times' investigations into alleged Fifa corruption continue, a secretly filmed Auckland meeting between suspended OFC delegate Ahongalu Fusimalohi and an undercover reporter sees Fusimalohi claim that in 2004 the African nation floated a $200,000 bribe attempt.

Fusimalohi goes on to say it was "thrown in the rubbish".

"Let's just say they made offers," Fusimalohi says on the video. "Let's just say there were people being offered [$US150,000], something to that effect, maybe more, I'm not sure," Fusimalohi is captioned as saying (the audio on the video is often poor).

"It comes in brochures, it comes in all sorts of forms, but the first thing you do is destroy it and throw it in the rubbish."

While the video seemingly adds proof to the existence of bribes and corruption within the Fifa bidding processes, the OFC's apparent spurning of the alleged Moroccan attempt may help its cause when Fifa's ethics committee investigates the Times' claims.

Last week Fairfax Media revealed how over the past six years OFC president Reynald Temarii, suspended alongside Fusimalohi, had repeatedly tried to build a multi-million-dollar Auckland football academy, uncovering blueprints for the redevelopment of Mangere Centre Park and stalled plans for the unused Supertop site at Mt Smart Stadium.

The latest batch of Sunday Times videos feature even more from Fusimalohi. He is recorded saying Temarii was set to vote for Spain in the upcoming meetings to decide the host nation of the 2018 World Cup – suggesting a deal where the Spanish were willing to help train and develop OFC youth teams.

Fusimalohi told Fairfax he accepted the opportunity to submit an official statement to Fifa this week – calling the Sunday Times' sting attempt "rubbish".

"I can guarantee you everything that's come out of the Sunday Times about me is misleading," Fusimalohi told Fairfax.

"I have watched the whole one-hour interview."

FIFA has delayed confirming worldwide qualification paths to the 2014 World Cup.

But New Zealand Football, which needs the information to start booking the All Whites' 2011 fixtures, is confident the hitch should clear over in a few days.

Fifa committee member and NZ Football chairman Frank van Hattum spent the week at world football headquarters in Zurich for a scheduled meeting with Fifa's Associations Committee.
Ad Feedback

Prior to the cash-for-votes scandal that has rocked the biggest organisation in world sport, it was expected van Hattum would return home knowing the All Whites' qualification route to Brazil in 2014.

But van Hattum now says it will have to wait until early next week – though he's "pretty sure" things will stay the same for the All Whites' favourable path to the World Cup.

"No, we haven't confirmed things yet," van Hattum told Fairfax.

"We're still pretty sure it's going to be exactly as it was last time though.

"At the end of the day I think I might find out Monday or Tuesday. I would think early next week."

Earlier this month NZ Football chief executive Michael Glading told Fairfax busy plans for the All Whites' 2011 diary were already well down the track, and he would be able to open negotiations with potential opponents as soon as Fifa confirmed the All Whites' route to Brazil 2014.

It is expected the All Whites will have at least three World Cup qualifying games next year – but Glading cannot plan what he hopes will be four additional fixtures until Fifa confirms the qualifiers.
This really is NOT news.

The stadium contracts promised to French Contractors were the worst kept secret of the Morroccan bid.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2010, 11:20 AM   #8110
Mo Rush

Quote:
I love that bid.Bennelux would host a wonderful World Cup
Excellent bid, wonderful host. Poor marketing, and hard to stand out in this bid race.

Wouldn't mind at all. I think we all know a Bennelux WC would be special, well organized and festive.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2010, 11:52 AM   #8111
woozoo

Likes (Received): 185

An example of a "compact" world cup with plenty of football history that would work well.
woozoo está en línea ahora  
Old November 2nd, 2010, 04:13 PM   #8112
_X_

Quote:
There's resistance though from governmental bodies and population with respect to FIFA's ludicrously colonial demands. Submission time.
They seem to be everyone's second preference and just could surprise if they can somehow get past the first round.
Its fair to say that they have stayed well clear of controversy and are finally,finally getting some traction because of it

Its such an incredibly competitive group of UEFA bids,that seems the biggest problem
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2010, 04:23 PM   #8113
RobH

Likes (Received): 10315

The biggest problem is FIFA don't know how to run a bid process, and even if they did have proven to be corruptable! That, my friend, is the biggest problem. The IOC managed to keep control of an Olympic bid race which included London, Paris, Moscow, New York and Madrid - the two most important cities in Western Europe, Russia and the US' number 1 cities, and erm, Madrid! That could have been Cold war II, the Napoleonic wars and the Armada rolled into one if it got out of control, but it didn't because it was a very well run process on the whole.

FIFA need to learn from this because I can't imagine how this could be a bigger farce than it already is.

EDIT: Sorry, just reread your post, and you meant the biggest problem for Holland/Belgium didn't you? You're probably right on that front.
RobH no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:18 PM   #8114
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
The biggest problem is FIFA don't know how to run a bid process, and even if they did have proven to be corruptable! That, my friend, is the biggest problem. The IOC managed to keep control of an Olympic bid race which included London, Paris, Moscow, New York and Madrid - the two most important cities in Western Europe, Russia and the US' number 1 cities, and erm, Madrid! That could have been Cold war II, the Napoleonic wars and the Armada rolled into one if it got out of control, but it didn't because it was a very well run process on the whole.

FIFA need to learn from this because I can't imagine how this could be a bigger farce than it already is.

EDIT: Sorry, just reread your post, and you meant the biggest problem for Holland/Belgium didn't you? You're probably right on that front.
Yep.
This bid hasn't been prepared to drop to the level of its continental rivals and they should be rewarded for that.
As far as questions being asked by the good folk from the low countries,I'm sure its not going to inhibit their chances.
Many details are always hammered out after the winner is confirmed anyway

And yes Rob-FIFA must learn from this.The previous occasions where more than 1 WC was awarded at the same time was ages ago.As I've posted before-13 votes at $10 million each is an incredibly cheap outcome for a bid that goes down that route
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:20 PM   #8115
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
The Bene(lux) bid may hold a soft spot as 'everyone's second favorite' but it has been speculated the Chocolate Clogs dont reserve a soft spot for their own bid in terms of FIFA's draconic requirements.
Their marketing effort with an embarrassing Mexican wave simulation has been piss poor as well. Lack of government support and half ass marketing is not the way to winning the world cup bid in 2018. Corruption, collusion with the most undeserving 2022 bids and bribing officials with as much as you've got and offering half your nation if need be is
Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:23 PM   #8116
_X_

Quote:
The Bene(lux) bid may hold a soft spot as 'everyone's second favorite' but it has been speculated the Chocolate Clogs dont reserve a soft spot for their own bid in terms of FIFA's draconic requirements.
I reckon that you would also have a lot of ExCo for second preferences,not just the global fans of the game

Gotta laugh at the requirement for a separate lane on the road for FIFA
Rustenburg seemed to have one of them-it was called the emergency lane
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:37 PM   #8117
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Gotta laugh at the requirement for a separate lane on the road for FIFA
You mean the blatter lane?? This is what happens when there isn't one.

FIFA boss Sepp Blatter is at the centre of a cover-up mystery after police apparently tried to keep his role in a high speed car crash secret.

Blatter lost control of his 155mph Mercedes Benz sports car as he clipped another vehicle while overtaking on his way to his home in Berner Oberland, Switzerland.

The Merc span out of control and slammed straight into a Volkswagen Golf coming the other way.

Both cars overturned but Blatter, 73, and the other driver escaped with just cuts and bruises during the crash this weekend.

But within minutes of the accident Swiss police removed the numberplates from Blatter's 115,000 GBP Mercedes SL 63 AMG motor, apparently to disguise the identity of the driver.

At first police refused to reveal any details of the accident. Finally, three days later, a police spokesman said: "Investigations are ongoing. We haven't decided yet whether the files will be handed over to an examining court."

Blatter's spokesman Hans Klaus would only say: "Mr Blatter is doing well. He is working as usual. I am aware of the accident but will not comment on it."

Controversial Blatter has faced several calls for him to quit his 1 million USD (612,000 GBP) a year job as FIFA boss.

Earlier this year he provoked outrage when he said high-earning Premiership stars were treated "like slaves" by their clubs.

And he infuriated female players by saying there would be more interest from spectators if they wore tighter shirts.

http://www.austriantimes.at/index.php?id=9288
Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:44 PM   #8118
_X_

Quote:
And he infuriated female players by saying there would be more interest from spectators if they wore tighter shirts.
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2010, 06:00 PM   #8119
MysteryMike
BANNED

Sepp has class written all over him
Old November 3rd, 2010, 02:39 AM   #8120
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Likes (Received): 4861

For those who didn't want to believe...

Confirmed: South America will get 4.5 spots for the upcoming World Cup in Brazil!!!

Sorry, but the article it's in spanish.

Conmebol mantendrá 4,5 cupos para Brasil 2014

Tras fuertes rumores que aseguraban que Suramérica corría el riesgo de perder uno de los cupos para el Mundial de 2014 tras ser Brasil el país anfitrión, el secretario general de la Conmebol, Eduardo Deluca, precisó que se mantendrán las cuatro plazas y media que actualmente se manejan.

Asunción.- Suramérica mantendrá cuatro plazas y media plazas para la Copa del Mundo de Brasil 2014, dijo hoy el secretario general de la Conmebol, Eduardo Deluca.

Los cuatro primeros equipos de las eliminatorias sudamericanas se clasifican directamente, mientras que el quinto disputa un repechaje con el cuarto de CONCACAF, destacó AP.

Además, Brasil tiene un boleto directo como país anfitrión.

"El presidente de FIFA, Joseph Blatter, dijo a Julio Grondona, uno de los representantes de la América del Sur ante esa institución, que en ningún momento se habló de la posibilidad de restarle una plaza a nuestro continente sólo porque Brasil tiene asegurado un lugar en el siguiente Mundial a jugarse en ese país'', explicó Deluca.

Deluca participó el martes en Asunción en un congreso local de desarrollo deportivo.

"Tenemos, entonces la palabra de Blatter pero es el comité ejecutivo de FIFA el que tendrá que resolver definitivamente la cuestión en su reunión ordinaria a cumplirse a fines de este mes en Zurich'', aclaró.

Source: http://caracas.eluniversal.com/2010/...A4684411.shtml

CONO SUR
CHILE - ARGENTINA - URUGUAY

Last edited by Mo Rush; November 3rd, 2010 at 12:02 PM.
Bolsilludo no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup