daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old November 8th, 2010, 11:16 PM   #8221
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolsilludo View Post
South America beats Australia 2-1 in CONMEBOL-OFC playoffs.
Bugger off will you and let people talk about 2018/2022,of which there are NO South American bidders
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #8222
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Likes (Received): 4861

Hey brother!, I didn't start this debate.

CONO SUR
CHILE - ARGENTINA - URUGUAY
Bolsilludo no está en línea  
Old November 8th, 2010, 11:57 PM   #8223
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Hey brother!, I didn't start this debate.
Yes, you did, you started this from the first time you joined after you found a serious lack of support for your moronic bid for the 2030 world cup, which by the way is perfectly poised for the 12 year cycle when Europe gets to bid again, more than likely Russia will be your opponent. All I can say is best of luck to you

Then you started on a rampage about how good South American football is compared to everyone else, that's fantastic but the holders of the world cup is an European nation. If Australia played in South America they would be the 5th highest ranked FIFA nation in South America, which by their results against various South American opposition is more than justified. This is all with football not being pretty much the only sport, you can only imagine how good Australia will get in the future, so again best of luck to you and your delusions
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 12:37 AM   #8224
_X_

Quote:
You feel proud to post this data? You should be ashamed.

Not in our land. I repeat, you NEVER won a single match in South America.
10 whole matches at senior level in total against the whole 10 teams----wow
At other levels we played 3 times and won in Chickayo,South America and Uberlandia,South America

Can I just quietly remind you that Uruguay has won 10 medals at the Olympics-from a total of 16,321 awarded
No gold in 82 years
There is not one sport in the world that Uruguay has a better head to head record than Australia--------not one

Enough of the pissing
Back to bidding for the 2018/2022 WC

Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 12:57 AM   #8225
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Yes, you did, you started this from the first time you joined after you found a serious lack of support for your moronic bid for the 2030 world cup
Our bid has more support than you imagine. Surely more than yours.

Quote:
which by the way is perfectly poised for the 12 year cycle when Europe gets to bid again, more than likely Russia will be your opponent. All I can say is best of luck to you
The 12 year cycle no longer exist. You are very uninformed.

Quote:
Then you started on a rampage about how good South American football is compared to everyone else
You are wrong, CONMEBOL insn't better than everyone else. What I said was that CONMEBOL is, along with UEFA, the world's most powerful confederation.

Quote:
If Australia played in South America they would be the 5th highest ranked FIFA nation in South America, which by their results against various South American opposition is more than justified.
Are you sure?. Mmmmm, I don't know bro. Good teams like Ecuador and Colombia couldn't qualify. Is Australia better than Colombia or Ecuador?. Besides, in Asia you don't have to play matches at high altitude. You don't have any idea what the lack of oxigen is!. I want to see Australia play in Bogota (2640 meters), Quito (2800 meters) or La Paz (3077 meters).

CONO SUR
Old November 9th, 2010, 01:12 AM   #8226
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Can I just quietly remind you that Uruguay has won 10 medals at the Olympics-from a total of 16,321 awarded
No gold in 82 years
We are talking about football, not about other sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
There is not one sport in the world that Uruguay has a better head to head record than Australia--------not one
Yes there is, it's called FOOTBALL.

Uruguay: 3.424.595 habitants, 4 times world champions.
Australia: 22,516,536 habitants, 0 times world champions.

CONO SUR
Old November 9th, 2010, 01:31 AM   #8227
_X_

Quote:

You can't read-I said HEAD TO HEAD
4 wins,4 losses,1 draw
2 wcq wins a piece,1 confed cup win to Australia

Can we get back to the bidding race
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 01:32 AM   #8228
AndreasBerlin

Quote:

I was just about to argue with you about Uruguay's "4" titles, but technically you are right, and I think Uruguay deserve the acknowledgement for this
AndreasBerlin no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 01:35 AM   #8229
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
The 12 year cycle no longer exist. You are very uninformed.You are wrong, CONMEBOL insn't better than everyone else. What I said was that CONMEBOL is, along with UEFA, the world's most powerful confederation.Are you sure?. Mmmmm, I don't know bro. Good teams like Ecuador and Colombia couldn't qualify. Is Australia better than Colombia or Ecuador?. Besides, in Asia you don't have to play matches at high altitude. You don't have any idea what the lack of oxigen is!. I want to see Australia play in Bogota (2640 meters), Quito (2800 meters) or La Paz (3077 meters).
Prove it. Seems to be everyone in world football is working on the cycle, except yourself. Do you know something everyone else doesn't ? I mean even the bidding teams and FIFA committee members? I doubt it, so how about you pack it up and go and improve your embarrassing knowledge of world football even a tiny bit.

No, you clearly said South America is better than everyone else and pretty much no one else almost deserves to play football, buddy why don't you go and play in your little South American league and pretend that Uruguay can even conquer that. Hardly any teams go to South America to play because there is no use in doing so. What's it going to achieve, football development? money? No, NOTHING. Not even teams from South America want to go and play in places like La Paz and Quito because it's far from an equivalent playing field. Not even Brazil, Argentina etc have good records at those venues and that's why FIFA banned high altitude matches for a while because it's equivalent to doping i.e having an unfair advantage. But hey good for the Bolivians that they could protest and get La Paz back in, doesn't mean anyone who doesn't need to play there will ever play there. But you can go on about your delusions as I said.
Old November 9th, 2010, 02:39 AM   #8230
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Quote:
Prove it. Seems to be everyone in world football is working on the cycle, except yourself. Do you know something everyone else doesn't ? I mean even the bidding teams and FIFA committee members? I doubt it, so how about you pack it up and go and improve your embarrassing knowledge of world football even a tiny bit.

No, you clearly said South America is better than everyone else and pretty much no one else almost deserves to play football, buddy why don't you go and play in your little South American league and pretend that Uruguay can even conquer that. Hardly any teams go to South America to play because there is no use in doing so. What's it going to achieve, football development? money? No, NOTHING. Not even teams from South America want to go and play in places like La Paz and Quito because it's far from an equivalent playing field. Not even Brazil, Argentina etc have good records at those venues and that's why FIFA banned high altitude matches for a while because it's equivalent to doping i.e having an unfair advantage. But hey good for the Bolivians that they could protest and get La Paz back in, doesn't mean anyone who doesn't need to play there will ever play there. But you can go on about your delusions as I said.
What annoy me about some Australians is that, in terms of football, they see themselves better than they really are. You underestimate the value and the rich history of South American football. You must learn to be more humble in life.

CONO SUR
Old November 9th, 2010, 02:45 AM   #8231
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
What annoy me about some Australians is that, in terms of football, they see themselves better than they really are. You underestimate the value and the rich history of South American football. You must learn to be more humble in life.
I don't know about Australians, but certainly I suggest you grab a dictionary and read over and over the meaning of the word humble many many times. South America is NOT world football. Get over it.
Old November 9th, 2010, 02:47 AM   #8232
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6445

Quote:
Right, because South American football is the be-all and end-all?
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 02:54 AM   #8233
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Sepp Blatter Full Of Praise For South Korea's 2022 World Cup Bid

FIFA president is quite positive about South Korea's 2022 World Cup bid.

By Stefan Coerts
Nov 8, 2010 3:00:00 PM

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has taken the time to praise South Korea's 2022 World Cup Bid, labelling the South Korean bid as 'very good'.

The 74-year-old added that FIFA is keen to help foster peace between South Korea and North Korea by using the power of the World Cup.

"I can say that with all my determination, Korea is a good bidding association and the bidding company for the World Cup 2022," Blatter was quoted as saying in a press conference. "Even a very good one. Not only good one — very good.

"I will be very, very happy to use the power of the World Cup and the power of football to help foster peace on the Korean peninsula."

South Korea face competition from Australia and Qatar among others in the battle to host the 2022 World Cup finals.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/3512/201...2022-world-cup

CONO SUR
Old November 9th, 2010, 03:11 AM   #8234
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Sepp Blatter Full Of Praise For South Korea's 2022 World Cup Bid

FIFA president is quite positive about South Korea's 2022 World Cup bid.

By Stefan Coerts
Nov 8, 2010 3:00:00 PM

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has taken the time to praise South Korea's 2022 World Cup Bid, labelling the South Korean bid as 'very good'.

The 74-year-old added that FIFA is keen to help foster peace between South Korea and North Korea by using the power of the World Cup.

"I can say that with all my determination, Korea is a good bidding association and the bidding company for the World Cup 2022," Blatter was quoted as saying in a press conference. "Even a very good one. Not only good one — very good.

"I will be very, very happy to use the power of the World Cup and the power of football to help foster peace on the Korean peninsula."

South Korea face competition from Australia and Qatar among others in the battle to host the 2022 World Cup finals.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/3512/201...2022-world-cup
That's great that you're finally getting the message about the rest of world in football
Old November 9th, 2010, 03:14 AM   #8235
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Quote:
That's great that you're finally getting the message about the rest of world in football

CONO SUR
Old November 9th, 2010, 03:28 AM   #8236
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

EDIT

CONO SUR

Last edited by Bolsilludo; November 9th, 2010 at 03:50 AM.
Old November 9th, 2010, 03:34 AM   #8237
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
"FIFA announced on October 29, 2007 that it will no longer continue with its continental rotation policy, implemented after the 2006 World Cup host selection. The newest host selection policy is that any country may bid for a World Cup, provided that their continental confederation has not hosted either of the past two World Cups".

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_hosts

I was right, you don't.
Right, Let me explain this to you, this means that the confederation hosting the world cup within a specific year cannot host it for the next 2 consecutive world cups i.e lets take Brazil 2014 which is part of the South American confederation right. South America can thereby not bid for the next 2 world cups i.e 2018 and 2022 (which is why there are no South American bidders for these 2 editions of the world cup). South America can only next bid for the 2026 world cup. Let's say England win the 2018 bid, then that means Europe cannot bid for the next two consecutive world cups, which means 2022 and 2026 are out for Europe. The next available bidding year is 2030, where Russia will bid as the European candidate and as I said before good luck with that

Last edited by MysteryMike; November 9th, 2010 at 04:00 AM.
Old November 9th, 2010, 03:35 AM   #8238
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
"FIFA announced on October 29, 2007 that it will no longer continue with its continental rotation policy, implemented after the 2006 World Cup host selection. The newest host selection policy is that any country may bid for a World Cup, provided that their continental confederation has not hosted either of the past two World Cups".

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_hosts

I was right, you don't.
I really hate defending Mike (who is an embarrassing troll), but techincally he didn't say it was a rotation policy, he referred to a 12 year cycle. As you mentioned, by getting 2018 UEFA will miss the next two WC bids, which means they are back in the game for 2030.

Personally I hope you guys get it though, sometimes you have to respect your history.

Also don't think MM is typical of most Aussies, most of us can post something other than baits and the same youtube picks over and over again.

Then again, we inflicted Matt Lowry on this forum, so maybe Aussies should be banned on mass

Back to the bids, any work yet on when the tech reports will be released?
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 03:44 AM   #8239
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
I really hate defending Mike (who is an embarrassing troll), but techincally he didn't say it was a rotation policy, he referred to a 12 year cycle.
Ok, now I understood what he wanted to explain. Sorry.

CONO SUR
Old November 9th, 2010, 03:48 AM   #8240
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
I really hate defending Mike (who is an embarrassing troll), but techincally he didn't say it was a rotation policy, he referred to a 12 year cycle. As you mentioned, by getting 2018 UEFA will miss the next two WC bids, which means they are back in the game for 2030.

Personally I hope you guys get it though, sometimes you have to respect your history.

Also don't think MM is typical of most Aussies, most of us can post something other than baits and the same youtube picks over and over again.

Then again, we inflicted Matt Lowry on this forum, so maybe Aussies should be banned on mass

Back to the bids, any work yet on when the tech reports will be released?
I suggest you get off the alcohol ASAP The technical reports are given to the executives in a couple of days, but more than likely FIFA will want to keep it a secret. The ethics committee reports come out on Nov 17th.

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup