daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old November 9th, 2010, 07:04 AM   #8241
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
The ethics committee reports come out on Nov 17th.
Great, just in time for the South American clash of Brazil VS Argentina in Qatar
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:27 AM   #8242
hngcm

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
What a crock of shit, Mexico would hardly ever qualify in CONMEBOL. What a tugger!
Mexico has made it to the top 4 in Copa America 5 out of 7 times.

That's already more than Venezuela, Ecuador, and Bolivia.

And those teams have played the Copa America 42 times.

Truthfully I'm not sure if OZ can compete because there really isn't enough information to make a decision.

But I KNOW that Mexico would compete and qualify most of the time.

And oh yeah all of the Copa Americas have been in South America.

I'd like to see how CONMEBOL teams fare playing in important games at Estadio Azteca. Actually, the 1999 Confederations Cup was played in Mexico. Mexico beat Bolivia in the group stage and then beat Brazil in the final.

Heck you have to go pretty far back to find a friendly game that Mexico has lost at Azteca.
hngcm no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:34 AM   #8243
hngcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Oh dear.
Played 5 times(2 confed cup,3 friendlies)
Australia won both CC matches.Overall 2 w,1 d,2 l
I didn't say Mexico was better than OZ did I?

I said I'm sure Mexico can compete due to the results I've seen and I said I'm not sure if OZ can do it too cuz there'es not information.

That and head to head record isn't THAT important.

For example the USA has recently had a WAY better head to head record against Mexico.

But I'm sure if you ask most teams they'll rather play the USA instead of Mexico. Mexico downs big teams regularly.
hngcm no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:35 AM   #8244
hngcm

Also I have nothing against OZ, I just like debating about soccer lol.

I would love for our teams to play in the final here in the US in 2022.

Last edited by hngcm; November 9th, 2010 at 08:41 AM.
hngcm no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:50 AM   #8245
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

South Africa is best at soccer. We will dominate and win in 2014. This is clear.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:33 AM   #8246
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

The FIFA Executive Committee, chaired by President Joseph S. Blatter, approved the voting process to determine the hosts of the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ and 2022 FIFA World Cup™ during their meeting held in Zurich on 28 and 29 October. The voting will take place at the Home of FIFA in Zurich on 2 December 2010 and the process will be as follows:

* The 2018 vote will take place first, then the 2022 one. The vote will be by secret ballot and all eligible members of the FIFA Executive Committee can vote in both ballots
* To win the right to host the competition, a bidder must obtain an absolute majority (50% + 1) of the votes of the FIFA Executive Committee members present
* In the event of a tie when only two bidders remain, the FIFA President will have the casting vote
* For any voting round in which an absolute majority is not achieved, the bidder with the lowest number of votes will not progress to the next voting round
* If there is a tie for the lowest number of votes in any round, an intermediate voting round will be conducted to determine which of the tied bidders does not progress
* When the final decision on the host has been taken, the result will be put in two envelopes and taken by the notary to the “Messe Zurich”, where they will be handed over to the FIFA President for the announcements

The order of the presentations by the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cup™ bidders to the Executive Committee was also drawn during the meeting.

On 1 December,
Australia will give their presentation at 14.00 CET,
Korea Republic at 15.00,
Qatar at 16.00,
the USA at 17.00
and Japan at 18.00.

On 2 December,
Belgium/Netherlands will give their presentation at 09.00,
Spain/Portugal at 10.00,
England at 11.00
and Russia at 12.00.

Each presentation will be made at the Home of FIFA in Zurich and last 30 minutes. All presentations will be broadcast live on FIFA.com and at the “Messe Zurich”.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/federa...d=1325928.html

Last edited by MysteryMike; November 9th, 2010 at 09:55 AM.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #8247
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolsilludo View Post
What annoy me about some Australians is that, in terms of football, they see themselves better than they really are. You underestimate the value and the rich history of South American football. You must learn to be more humble in life.
Most of us know how strong South American football is. What's you point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hngcm View Post
Mexico has made it to the top 4 in Copa America 5 out of 7 times.

That's already more than Venezuela, Ecuador, and Bolivia.

And those teams have played the Copa America 42 times.

Truthfully I'm not sure if OZ can compete because there really isn't enough information to make a decision.

But I KNOW that Mexico would compete and qualify most of the time.

And oh yeah all of the Copa Americas have been in South America.

I'd like to see how CONMEBOL teams fare playing in important games at Estadio Azteca. Actually, the 1999 Confederations Cup was played in Mexico. Mexico beat Bolivia in the group stage and then beat Brazil in the final.

Heck you have to go pretty far back to find a friendly game that Mexico has lost at Azteca.
Dude Mexico can't even top CONCACAF qualifying, they would struggle in CONMEBOL.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #8248
hngcm

I come up with evidence on how Mexico has proven itself against CONMEBOL in real competition and you bring up CONCACAF qualifying...

Dude OZ didn't even make it to the second round of the WC so of course they would struggle in CONMEBOL...[/sarcasm]
hngcm no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #8249
slipperydog

Likes (Received): 2401

You can tell everyone is bored and just waiting for the vote when people are trying to come up with stuff to argue about just to pass the time...
slipperydog no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #8250
ExSydney
Melbourne-Sydneysider

Likes (Received): 78

Late breaking news!
Mexico have pulled out of the race for the 2022 World Cup.It was just announced no less than 14 months ago!
ExSydney no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #8251
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by hngcm View Post
I come up with evidence on how Mexico has proven itself against CONMEBOL in real competition and you bring up CONCACAF qualifying...

Dude OZ didn't even make it to the second round of the WC so of course they would struggle in CONMEBOL...[/sarcasm]
No shit sherlock. I'm not deluded like you.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #8252
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperydog View Post
You can tell everyone is bored and just waiting for the vote when people are trying to come up with stuff to argue about just to pass the time...
Its been a very long campaign,almost as long as WCQ'ing but it seems to be coming round so quick all of a sudden.

Just can't wait-its been a very good period for our campaign
C'mon
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #8253
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Latest news!!!

Newspapers have gotten photos of Sepp personally conducting his investigation into the Spain/Qatar corruption allegations

they also have these inside images of the FIFA Ethics Committee hearing testimony:

T74 no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #8254
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7061

ENGLAND STILL HAVE A CHANCES FOR HOSTING OF WC2018!!!!!
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #8255
AlekseyVT
BANNED

England's 2018 World Cup bid still in running, says senior Fifa official

• Corruption claims have damaged Fifa's reputation, says official
• England's chances of hosting 2018 World Cup remain 'very big'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...world-cup-fifa

A member of Fifa's ruling executive committee has admitted that claims of corruption in the bidding process for the 2018 World Cup have damaged the governing body's reputation and that, despite the fallout from the affair, England is still in the running to become hosts.

Junji Ogura, the Japanese member of the 24-man committee that will decide on the 2018 and 2022 hosts next month also says the status of the tournament has been affected. Ogura insisted England should not give up hope despite bid leaders admitting their campaign has been badly damaged by the recent Sunday Times undercover investigation into Fifa.

Two executive committee members, Nigeria's Amos Adamu and Tahiti's Reynald Temarii, have already been suspended following corruption allegations pending a hearing next week by Fifa's ethics committee. They deny any wrongdoing.

Ogura told the BBC: "We were very surprised and disappointed when the executive committee announced two members had been provisionally suspended. We are totally disappointed and yes, I am sure there is damage for Fifa and for the World Cup. We are waiting for the outcome of the Fifa ethics committee later this month and we don't know if they are innocent."

England's chances of hosting the 2018 World Cup have been "significantly damaged" by the Sunday Times allegations, according to a senior bid leader, who fear even more fallout from a BBC Panorama investigation.

The England bid now looks to be in third place among the four European bidders for 2018 behind the combined Spain-Portugal bid and Russia, and ahead of only the joint Holland and Belgium bid.

Allegations of collusion between Spain-Portugal and Qatar are also to be dealt with by Fifa's ethics committee next week but so far little concrete evidence has emerged.

The England 2018 chief executive, Andy Anson, visited the BBC director general, Mark Thompson, this week to express fears that the Panorama investigation could fatally harm their bid because Fifa members are angry at being targeted by the English media. Ogura insisted however that England are still in the running. He said: "Their chances are very big. The contents of the English bid everyone appreciates very much."
Old November 9th, 2010, 01:58 PM   #8256
Ecological
BANNED

Likes (Received): 23

What a crock of shit. Russians and Spaniards damage sport with constant drug test fails and match fixing yet the English explot these UN-SPORTSMANLIKE ACTS and get ****ed.

Piss of FIFA you egotistical dicks. Give it to a country that actually plays fair. not some corrupt sporting nations. And don't pretend they aren't.
Ecological no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #8257
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecological View Post
What a crock of shit. Russians and Spaniards damage sport with constant drug test fails and match fixing yet the English explot these UN-SPORTSMANLIKE ACTS and get ****ed.

Piss of FIFA you egotistical dicks. Give it to a country that actually plays fair. not some corrupt sporting nations. And don't pretend they aren't.
Here we go.

Will737 no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 03:17 PM   #8258
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecological View Post
I doubt that drug tests and match fixing are have something in common WC bids. Now Spain is our major opponent.
Old November 9th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #8259
AlekseyVT
BANNED

England 2018 bid "not even in the running"

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...global&cc=5739

England's chances of landing the 2018 World Cup might be far worse than previously imagined with one senior FA figure warning: "It's now between Russia and Spain."

The most pessimistic appraisal from an influential FA figure comes at a time when there have been confessions that the bid has been "harmed" by the English media's investigations into FIFA corruption.

But it hasn't been appreciated just how bad that might be until one senior FA figure confessed: "The word from within the FIFA executive is that England might very well have blown it completely."

Claims of corruption in the 2018 World Cup bidding process by the English press have seriously damaged FIFA's reputation and that, in turn, has impacted badly on England's bid.

"I'm sure there's damage for FIFA and for the World Cup," FIFA executive member Junji Ogura recently told BBC Sport.

England's biggest hope is that opinion within FIFA swings back in their favour before the final vote next month - but at the moment the signs are ominous.

ESPNsoccernet has been told the strength of feeling is running high within FIFA's voting executive. "The word is that it is now between Russia and the joint Spain and Portugal bid," the source said. "England? Not even in the running anymore. At least that is what is now being suggested.

"If you know the way FIFA's mind works then it looks like we haven't got a prayer. Talk about our bid being harmed, well, that is the least that has happened. There has been a huge backlash and the word inside FIFA is that they won't be voting for England.

"Look, it doesn't mean I agree with their view. I don't. I am not saying it is wrong to expose vote-rigging and corruption, but there is a proper way of going about it.

"If the papers have the moral high ground and believe it is their right to investigate, then fine, but why didn't they take their findings to FIFA first, let them act, and then report it? The evidence should have been handed over to FIFA first."

The FA's 2018 bid committee has been lobbying frantically in the last week to try to pull the situation around, and it will be a huge achievement if they can pull off what would now be seen as a shock decision in favour of England's bid.

ESPNsoccernet's FA source has direct contact with those lobbying within FIFA Executive circles, but the bid committee are taking advice from Lord Sebastian Coe, who successfully led England's 2012 Olympic bid, about how to turn it around at the last minute.

The bid team will make their final presentation on December 2 in Zurich, and that is why there is panic within the FA ranks that England may struggle. The 2018 Bid team are third up after Holland/Belgium and Spain/Portugal. The order was confirmed by the drawing of lots.
Old November 9th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #8260
RobH

Likes (Received): 10315

I wonder how much money the FA gives to FIFA and football development around the world and how much they'd miss it?

I certainly think England, should we lose, should try to claw back from FIFA the tens of millions they've invested in what has proven to be a corrupt and untransparent process, and think twice about giving any more money to the organisation.
RobH no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup