daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old November 9th, 2010, 03:48 PM   #8261
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

As a neutral for 2018 I can honestly say its between England and Spain OR Russia not any other way.
Spain has definitely damaged Russia's chances-they are fighting for the same votes
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #8262
Ecological
BANNED

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
I doubt that drug tests and match fixing are have something in common WC bids. Now Spain is our major opponent.
Do you know how many matches are investigated in Russia. what would be the difference between 64 world cup matches.

And the drug issue is in relation to general sportsmanship. Russians are the biggest culprits of the lot. How many have been stripped of medals in recent years? If sporting events are awarded to corrupt sporting organisations and generic failure to ensure FAIR sporting events then it goes against every principle I myself have been brought up to believe in.
Ecological no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #8263
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecological View Post
Do you know how many matches are investigated in Russia. what would be the difference between 64 world cup matches.
I don't see any connection between fixing matches in Russia and matches of World Cup, which will controlling by FIFA. I don't know any fixing match in the recent history of World Cups.

Quote:
And the drug issue is in relation to general sportsmanship. Russians are the biggest culprits of the lot. How many have been stripped of medals in recent years? If sporting events are awarded to corrupt sporting organisations and generic failure to ensure FAIR sporting events then it goes against every principle I myself have been brought up to believe in.
I think that there is no proper mechanism of doping control. This is selective control of athletes. My personal opinion - now all top athletes use doping, but not all of them are punished.

During whole history of Russian football only one player - Yegor Titov - was punished for using of drugs.

I don't understand how this theme connected with Russian bid, sorry.
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #8264
matthemod

Likes (Received): 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post

I don't understand how this theme connected with Russian bid, sorry.

Ha, I love the irony that you say that, but you go on and on about the "British media" and the English bid.

My MiniCity!
matthemod no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:28 PM   #8265
RahalInter

Likes (Received): 0

Ha, I love the irony that you say that, but you go on and on about the "British media" and the English bid.

Dude he is a fair sport, easy as that.

AUSTRALIA FOR 2022!!!
RahalInter no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #8266
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthemod View Post
I find it very strange. According to article of British (non-Russian) mass-media, publications in Sunday Times seriously damaged English bid. As you can see, this connection is really exist at unofficial level. If you don't understand it, that it's your personal problem.
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:23 PM   #8267
MysteryMike
BANNED

Russian football legend Aleksandr Bubnov has said that his country is not ready to host the 2018 World Cup. The famous Dynamo Stadium pitch, which is the site for the new showpiece arena for the 2018 World Cup if Russia's bid is successful, is in shambles and stands are a mass of tangled metal and torn up plastic seats. Aleksandr said: "Russia isn't ready to host the 2018 World Cup, I'm afraid. As of today, Russia hasn't a single stadium, which would meet the requirement of a World Cup. In my opinion England could hold the World Cup now - and that's before all the investment that will pour in."

"England invented football. The World Cup there in 1966 is now long ago and you have the best league in the world. I think 2018 will go England's way," The decision is to be announced by Fifa, the world football's governing body, on December 2. Aleksandr said his nation is unprepared for the tournament due to Russia's virulent corruption, both in football and wider society, its lack of infrastructure and the need for the development of the national team.

"Russian officials approached me after I raised questions about our 2018 bid and asked, 'Are you so unpatriotic that you don't want the World Cup in Russia?' I'm very much a patriot but we are totally unprepared to host the World Cup," he added. Russia has pledged 61.5 billion pounds to transform ageing cities and build infrastructure, including 14 new stadiums if it wins the bid.

He is worried that much of the cash will be siphoned off through backhanders and bribes. Aleksandr said: "Corruption is a disease in Russia. It begins with police and business. The building industry is corrupt too." (ANI)

http://www.yahind.com/news/directory.php?id=75913

Last edited by MysteryMike; November 9th, 2010 at 10:29 PM.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:37 PM   #8268
WFInsider
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4442

He should read the news about construction in Sochi and Kazan. And Dynamo stadium will begin its construction in summer 2011, it's well known.
WFInsider no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:41 PM   #8269
MysteryMike
BANNED

A member of FIFA's ruling executive committee has admitted that claims of corruption in the bidding process for the 2018 FIFA World Cup have damaged the world governing body's reputation.

Junji Ogura, the Japanese member of the 24-man committee that will decide on the 2018 and 2022 hosts next month also says the status of the tournament has also been affected.

Ogura also insists England should not give up hope despite bid leaders admitting their campaign has been badly damaged by the recent Sunday Times undercover investigation into FIFA.

Two other executive committee members, Nigeria's Amos Adamu and Tahiti's Reynald Temarii, have already been suspended following corruption allegations pending a hearing next week by FIFA's ethics committee. They deny any wrongdoing.

Ogura told the BBC: "We were very surprised and disappointed when the executive committee announced two members had been provisionally suspended.

"We are totally disappointed and yes, I am sure there is damage for FIFA and for the World Cup.

"We are waiting for the outcome of the FIFA ethics committee later this month and we don't know if they are innocent."

Allegations of collusion between Spain/Portugal and Qatar are also to be dealt with by FIFA's ethics committee next week but so far little concrete evidence has emerged.

Ogura insisted however that England is still in the running. He said: "Their chances are very big. The contents of the English bid everyone appreciates very much."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/2018-...ruption-claims
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:55 PM   #8270
RobH

Likes (Received): 10322

A sailor on the Titanic has admitted that Iceberg collision in the 1912 transatlantic crossing may have damaged the ship's hull.

He told the BBC: "We were very surprised and disappointed when all that water started flowing in."

"We are totally disappointed and yes, I am sure there is some damage to the ship and to our chances of reaching New York"

He insisted however that everything would be just fine. Speaking of the passengers on board he said: "Their chances are very big."
RobH está en línea ahora  
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:57 PM   #8271
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
A sailor on the Titanic has admitted that Iceberg collision in the 1912 transatlantic crossing may have damaged the ship's hull.

He told the BBC: "We were very surprised and disappointed when all that water started flowing in."

"We are totally disappointed and yes, I am sure there is some damage to the ship and to our chances of reaching New York"

He insisted however that everything would be just fine. Speaking of the passengers on board he said: "Their chances are very big."
You officially think its all over now?
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #8272
RobH

Likes (Received): 10322

Certainly not, the last line was done for dramatic effect

I do think Junji Ogura should win an award for stating the bleedin' obvious though. FIFA damaged by evidence of corruption? Never?!

Perhaps it's the way the article spins it, as though it's a ground-breaking admission, but it just made me laugh.
RobH está en línea ahora  
Old November 10th, 2010, 01:17 AM   #8273
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Certainly not, the last line was done for dramatic effect

I do think Junji Ogura should win an award for stating the bleedin' obvious though. FIFA damaged by evidence of corruption? Never?!

Perhaps it's the way the article spins it, as though it's a ground-breaking admission, but it just made me laugh.
I take his comments as a positive.Once there is an admission then action can be taken.Quite obviously he is one of the more honourable ExCo members
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 10th, 2010, 02:17 AM   #8274
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Likes (Received): 4861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
Most of us know how strong South American football is. What's you point?
I made that comment because some of your countrymen in this forum seem to have that attitude.

CONO SUR
CHILE - ARGENTINA - URUGUAY
Bolsilludo no está en línea  
Old November 10th, 2010, 03:02 AM   #8275
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Russian football legend Aleksandr Bubnov has said that his country is not ready to host the 2018 World Cup...
Alexander Bubmov is not legend of Russian football, but just former player and media-person, who loves to talk directness and uncompromising speech. I remember how in 2007 he told that Russian team have no any chances in Euro2008.

As for Dynamo, I don't think that it's impossible to reconstructed stadium within 7 years. It's need to low level of the field and demolished track roads.
Old November 10th, 2010, 07:30 AM   #8276
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolsilludo View Post
I made that comment because some of your countrymen in this forum seem to have that attitude.
Attitude of what?
We all aknowledge and respect South America's footballing pedegree but we're here to win. Are the middle footballing nations supposed to forever tremble at the presence of the mighty history of CONMEBOL?
That doesn't translate well with the Australian sporting psyche and now that we're out of FIFA's neglected backwater, we intend to stay in the top 25.

Last edited by Walbanger; November 10th, 2010 at 03:02 PM.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old November 10th, 2010, 07:55 AM   #8277
jacoboy7

Pure corruption of the 21st century.
There is little hope left for humanity...

"Scientists discover the Unknown, Architects design the Unique, Engineers create the previously Impossible"

jacoboy7 no está en línea  
Old November 10th, 2010, 07:57 AM   #8278
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolsilludo View Post
Even if they do, what does it have to do with the 2018/2022 WC bids?
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 10th, 2010, 02:16 PM   #8279
rus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Bubnov perceived as a clown, he just loves to be on the front page of newspapers.
rus no está en línea  
Old November 10th, 2010, 06:33 PM   #8280
MysteryMike
BANNED

A member of soccer’s governing body from the American region said he’s not sure he’ll support the U.S. bid to stage the World Cup in 2022. “I don’t know what I’ll do,” Guatemalan soccer federation president Rafael Salguero said in an interview late yesterday. “The U.S. is possible but I can’t say anything at this moment. I’m waiting for the vote, the secret vote.”

The U.S., the only candidate from Central and North America, faces competition from Australia, Qatar, South Korea and Japan to stage sport’s most watched event in 2022. Because all the other candidates come under the Asian confederation, support among that region’s four voters may be split. The U.S. is banking on the three votes available to the executive members from the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football. Trinidad’s Jack Warner, the organization’s head, and U.S. official Chuck Blazer are on FIFA’s executive committee along with Salguero, a former Guatemalan national team player.

FIFA is investigating two of its 24-member decision-making panel after the Sunday Times newspaper alleged Nigeria’s Amos Adamu and Tahiti’s Reynald Temarii told undercover reporters they’d exchange their votes for cash. The findings will be announced on Nov. 17. “I think there are many ugly things which I’d prefer not to comment on,” Salguero said in a telephone interview. “I’m not involved in any of that.”

Salguero said he’ll travel to New York next week to meet with Blazer and other U.S. soccer officials. FIFA on Dec. 2 will decide on where the World Cups in 2018 and 2022 are staged. The winning candidates need at least 13 votes. England, Russia and joint offers from Spain and Portugal and the Netherlands and Belgium are vying for 2018. Salguero said he hadn’t made up his mind on that vote either.

FIFA’s ethics committee is also looking into an alleged pact by Qatar’s committee and Spain/Portugal’s bid to share votes. Officials from the European bid have denied the claim. Qatar hasn’t commented. Whatever the result of the corruption claims “there’s damage for FIFA and for the World Cup,” Junji Ogura, a member of its executive, told the BBC.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...g-u-s-bid.html

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup