daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old November 11th, 2010, 03:12 AM   #8301
matthemod

Likes (Received): 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
totally unacceptable comment
O.K. calm down, couldn't you tell I was joking? It was a tongue in cheek comment, satirising Aleksey's use of generalising the English.

My MiniCity!
matthemod no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2010, 05:15 AM   #8302
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoG View Post
Which doesn't mean that you have a 90% chance of winning, as you said. 90+75+25+20 for Holland/Belgium = 210. 210 over 100 = 2.1. 90/2.1 = 42.8% chance of winning for Russia, 35.7% chance for England, 11.9% chance for Spain/Portugal and roughly a 10% chance for Belgium/Netherlands, all according to the bookies anyway, not really a reliable prediction. Not to say that Russia aren't favourites, they probably are.
South Africa were odds on favourites for the 2006 edition, they had sepp blatter's blessing and all but in the end who walked out with the trophy? whoops GERMANY So much for the betting odds. Russia can have the favoritism tag, it shouldn't really bother anyone.

MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #8303
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7061

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
South Africa were odds on favourites for the 2006 edition, they had sepp blatter's blessing and all but in the end who walked out with the trophy? whoops GERMANY So much for the betting odds. Russia can have the favoritism tag, it shouldn't really bother anyone.

Brits want to be like the Germans. These are unexpected news for me.
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 11:31 AM   #8304
Mr Trebus
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
why are you so stupid?
Mr Trebus no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #8305
RobH

Likes (Received): 10315

He's Russian
RobH no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #8306
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #8307
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Germans have good beer, great sausage, Claudia Schiffer, and Michael Schumacher - who wouldn't want to copy the Germans!!

Then again they also have that twit Vettel who could cost his team-mate the world championship this weekend
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #8308
crazyalex

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
student protest
Dude this FIFA World Cup 2018/2022 bids thread not skybar thread like this http://www.skyscrapercity.com:80/sho...php?p=66875993
crazyalex no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #8309
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
Germans have good beer, great sausage, Claudia Schiffer, and Michael Schumacher - who wouldn't want to copy the Germans!!

Then again they also have that twit Vettel who could cost his team-mate the world championship this weekend
How selfish is he
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #8310
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

This thread is currently under review, and will be re-opened, once all posts by forumers not meeting the guidelines of this section, have received infractions.

Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 12:54 AM   #8311
_X_

Wow,something I found.Possibly the most important article written of late.This will have major ramifications.
Why Qatar would need to do this is ,if they didn't have something major to worry about
FIFA must act,or their image and that of football will be forever tarnished

According to Google translator

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/wirtscha...story/22730046

World championship candidate Qatar with "project Seleucia" against Zen-Ruffinen 22730046, 9, 1 of Jean François Tanda. If updates at 04:00 o'clock

Fastenings the ex Fifa secretary general said, Qatar and Spain would have closed a forbidden pact to protect itself the football world championship in 2018 and 2022. Now Michel Zen-Ruffinen should be discredited.
Qatar lets itself cost the inquiries against him something: Ex Fifa secretary general Zen-Ruffinen should be discredited. Picture: Keystone Tearing out from a memo of private investigator-company Kroll.
Article on the subject Seeing here, also I am a democrat hidden corruption with Olympic candidature? Sepp Blatter – always on the edge of the offside Sepp Blatter should owe the journalist headwords Fifa the antique town Seleucia lies near the Iraqi capital of Bagdad and was founded 323 before Christ by general Alexander of the tallness. From there this controlled the Middle East of the Mediterranean Sea to there to India.
Today complete control is also meant with "project Seleucia": Under this name « Qatar determine by order private detectives against ex Fifa secretary general Michel Zen-Ruffinen of the world championship applicant in 2022 ». Also earlier Fifa-executive member Amadou Diakite from Mali is in the visor of the spies: He had told journalists from England, Qatar has offered to different members of the Fifa-executive committee 1.2 million US dollars for " personal projects », so that these are right for a football world championship in 2022 on the Arabian peninsula. With it the competition around the world championship assignments heavy to billions accepts in 2018 and 2022 new dimensions. Be aimed Qatars is obvious it to discredit Zen-Ruffinen and Diakite so that the Fifa-ethical committee gives them no belief. The ethical committee under chairmanship of ex-national player and lawyer Claudio Sulser must examine since whether there is really a Spanish qatarischen pact. This would be an offense against Fifa rules. Only one rumor verbreitetUnfreiwillig had publicized this pact Zen-Ruffinen when he had been filmed by "Sunday Times" journalists with hidden camera and did this statement. He found out only on the 14th October – ten days before the publication of the suitable article – that his interlocutors were journalists and no lobbyists for the USA which apply like Qatar for the world championship in 2022.
When this they had spent themselves Zen-Ruffinen towards. Likewise on the 14th October the journalists wrote in Hassan Althawadi, the CEO about " Qatar in 2022 », and appealed to him to the forbidden Spanish qatarische alliance. Five days later on the 19th October, 2010 also wrote Zen-Ruffinen Qatar: He qualified the alliance reproaches and explained that he has spread with it only one rumor which circulates in interested circles for a long time. Swiss journalist hilftDennoch instructed the CEO of " Qatar in 2022 » private investigator of Kroll Associates with it, Zen-Ruffinen nachzurecherchieren. Kroll counts as an especially aggressive enterprise which does not shrink back to break in houses, to tap phones, to steal notebooks as a branch expert tells. During the eighties years they counted as a " CIA of the Wall Street ». Kroll has looked for the first gulf war for Kuweit after property which Saddam Hussein had stolen and had hidden. In the current inquiries against Zen-Ruffinen helped or helps to them a Swiss Investigativ journalist who is called not notable in a Kroll memo from the 23rd October, however. He has reported as a journalist about the fight between Zen-Ruffinen and Fifa president Joseph Blatter, one says in the memo, and he has promised Kroll court documents.
Private investigators usually offer for it good money. The richest candidate QatarDie Fifa has reacted to questions of the "day indicator" to the behavior Qatars just as little like the committee of " Qatar in 2022 » himself. Qatar which counts as richest and financially most potent all world championship candidates lets itself cost the inquiries against Zen-Ruffinen and ex Fifa-executive member Diakite something. According to a document, to the "day indicator" voliegt, the hourly fee of Kroll-hired lies between 200 pounds for an analyst and 450 pounds for a Managing Director. Kroll has suggested to Qatar investigating up to the price of 75,000 pounds, stopping with about 118,000 fr for the time being. Change in the ExekutivkomiteeDie Fifa-ethical committee meets from Monday today till Wednesday. Besides, for the next Friday Fifa president Joseph Blatter has called up a special meeting of the executive committee. Subject might be Qatar/Spain as well as the case of the both nowadays still suspended Fifa-executive members Amos Adamu from Nigeria and Reynald Temarii from Tahiti. Both had indicated compared with "Sunday Times" to accept money to be right with the world championship assignment for a land. Observers assume from the fact that Temarii is acquitted because he wanted the money for a project beyond Tahiti.
However, they calculate on the fact that Adamu from the executive committee is exiled; he wanted the money for himself. On the 2nd December, 2010 the Fifa-executive committee wants to decide on the world championship assignments in 2018 and 2022. This will be the last big decision in which the German executive member Franz Beckenbauer takes part. Afterwards he wants to withdraw. Also the Belgian Michel Baron D'Hooghe who counts as one of few upright members in the football government wants to withdraw according to unconfirmed information after the 2nd December from his office. (Day indicator
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:29 AM   #8312
T74

Likes (Received): 1

wow

will be interesting if other media pick this up
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #8313
Carcará
Far

Likes (Received): 701

I liked only two stadiums in the question of Qatar
design, originality, concept, daring and everything.
The other gave me the impression that the inspiration did not
have been gained in terms of concept
cultural creativity. Although it took another two
now close.

Some models follow "similar" to that of Cups
earlier and even with some of the projects in 2014.
Bet until Brazil in the sense of wanting to do
all stages spectacular and mainly
different from one another, opened the way for what
Today happens with future applications. The country will be
a watershed. Everyone will want to "imitate"
trying to do something more in future editions.
Get ready! Qatar has some projects that resemble
much the pavilions of Expo. Indeed there is much that
thing arises for future innovations for those not
know.

I believe that if Qatar would win the 2022
many design changes for the better course.
I found the colored ribbons, Oasis (and other decorated
filled with small white polka dots on the coverage
did not need) and high tech (although
an interesting idea) ridiculous!

I hate to make comparisons, but the Brasilia, Manaus,
Natal, Porto Alegre and Belo Horizonte of the project WC Brazil to amaze me more, whether on originality, creativity,
contemporaneity, either through innovation or daring.

Achieving this balance is the most difficult of all and
it remains in the projects of that value as Doha
only in futuristic and daring, sinning in other
questions. Just in terms of identity and creative
I fondly in two cultural specifically, how
i had said.

We still have beautiful or innovative projects of the WC Brazil yet, that run
outside but closely follow those of Recife, Curitiba and
Fortaleza. I think the interesting but so Cuiaba
just charming. The Fonte Nova is blatantly copy
arenas around the world has ever seen, despite having a
most unique facade.

The Maracana may end up getting much more
interesting and even beautiful or even with innovations, but
honestly, in my view, are the cities that has
disappointing World Cup, Rio and SP (single and
only), mainly Sao Paulo. Why the others are making an effort
huge, dignified and praiseworthy which is very clear.

Brazil could close to the stadiums / arenas more
beautiful and amazing the world, but SP and a little Rio are not
doing their part, the part that frustrates that dream.
And that everything is really coming out as the paper, which
just changing the scenery a bit.

However, I do not see the Cup as a hosting Qatar
early. Not only for matters of an astronomical challenge
reaffirmed by the authorities themselves in the FIFA
visit to the country, but mainly has several 'cause
countries that are in the queue waiting to host the
rights a World Cup. Also are countries with strong power
political and economic, I would say in social as well.

While this caravan does not move, no chance for
Qatar!

Qatar see only after 2050 when all complete
this queue and over Brazil for the third time and more
deserved. Yes there is fully applicable, it is not
have to make joint campaign with others to
more secure and ensure the victory.

Moreover, the World Cup in Africa was very too
influenced by African votes and the lobby of a
giant continent and the cradle of humanity has never
hosted one before. Even with very strong tradition
in football. And also because much of the claim of
FIFA to win votes and influence in the block
Africa, in relation to its members and
alike. At that point the Middle East region still
and failure is not trivial. For that reason alone.

These days the $ $ $ no longer seems to guarantee these
events, with the scandals in the IOC from the oven
tb now with FIFA, according to what was reported
by British tabloids and even then with only two
members involved which is very little. Will have neither
warranty will actually be present on the day of
election or whether they will refrain from inventing history that
the plane was delayed or that were sick and so
will ...

A scandal of this magnitude can worsen a lot
application, causing the country to be turned down for
many decades. The shot can backfire. Today in
day the electoral process has rules and supervision
very mature and consistent, not only by
governing body as the opposition of other
applications, as well as by the media and so on.

I think it gave for not clearing now? I hope so.
But Qatar's bid is very valid. I like
much.

And my vote is for Belgium / Netherlands 2018 and Australia
2022. Leave England for 2030. Uruguay and
Argentina in 2034. Russia already for 2026. This is the
China does not threaten. In addition to Canada and Italy after
2034 and so on. But again in Brazil
2050 without doubt!
Carcará no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:19 AM   #8314
_X_

Very interesting translation
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #8315
_X_

Welcome to Russia! World Cup 2018 bid cities marred by violent clashes

15th November 2010

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz15REFPLoS

_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 02:42 PM   #8316
rus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Welcome to Russia! World Cup 2018 bid cities marred by violent clashes

15th November 2010

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz15REFPLoS

Finding the police at the stadium - the main cause of unrest. Why do I need 2,000 police on 20000 stadium? The fans wanted to celebrate the title with Zenit players that this criminal? They wanted to break down the gates to the souvenir of victory, that this criminal? Just because policeman nobody would beat, then he deserves.
The situation in Moscow. Spartak striker ran, it caught the steward and began to beat, it set off a response reaction fans.
This tells me one thing that the World Cup in 2018 requires us to remove the police from stadiums and train stewards to treat the fans as human beings.
Guys do not be afraid to go to Russia. Of course, if you are from Chelsea Headhanters, you can easily find here with whom to fight, but ordinary fans nobody will beat.
Welcome to Russia!
rus no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:04 PM   #8317
RobH

Quote:
The fans wanted to celebrate the title with Zenit players that this criminal?
I don't know, it depends on the laws in your country. Technically it may well be, but you get pitch invasions in many leagues when teams win the league or win promotion. It depends whether they're good natured or not.

Quote:
They wanted to break down the gates to the souvenir of victory, that this criminal?
Sounds it to me yes.

Quote:
This tells me one thing that the World Cup in 2018 requires us to remove the police from stadiums and train stewards to treat the fans as human beings.
Yes, indeed. This is something which would be essential. Police in stadiums, particularly in the numbers you've stated above, can inflame situation rather than calming them. England was forced to very quickly deal with its problems in the last two decades, and is now the model other countries look to. Russia will have to instigate similar measures should they be awarded 2018.
RobH no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #8318
RobH

SO, in Portugal...

Portugal host world champions and neighbours Spain on Wednesday in a friendly match aimed at promoting the countries' joint bid for the 2018 World Cup.

AND in England....

England will line up in front of a sold-out Wembley to take on France. A capacity crowd of 90,000 is expected for the friendly international.

AND in Doha...

Looking to put their World Cup blues behind them, Brazil and bitter South American rival Argentina will play an eagerly anticipated friendly in the Gulf which will also herald the return of playmaker Ronaldinho in a yellow shirt.

Wednesday's match will be a key test for Brazil's coach Mano Menezes and Argentina's Sergio Batista as they gear up for the Copa America, the South American championship in July which Argentina will host.

MEANWHILE the Qatar football team yesterday were doing this...

Are there any other matches going on in the next couple of weeks which will promote World Cup bids?
RobH no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #8319
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
SO, in Portugal...

Portugal host world champions and neighbours Spain on Wednesday in a friendly match aimed at promoting the countries' joint bid for the 2018 World Cup.

MEANWHILE the Qatar football team yesterday were doing this...

Are there any other matches going on in the next couple of weeks which will promote World Cup bids?
Hopefully both of them will be banned because neither of them deserve to host a world cup. Both vote rigging scum. Qatar's bid is an out and out utter joke. One of the worst footballing nations on the planet, who can't make a world cup and who steals/bribes players to play for them, out and out utter disgrace. That's on top of all the other issues with the technical aspects of the bid itself. Far out I hope ENGLAND pull off 2018 and AUSTRALIA pull off 2022. Otherwise I certainly won't be going to 2018 if England doesn't get it and 2022 if Australia doesn't get it. Brazil 2014 will be my last world cup till Egypt hosts 2026.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #8320
Gondolier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Brazil 2014 will be my last world cup .
We expect you to keep your word..
Gondolier no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup