daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old November 17th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #8381
RobH

Likes (Received): 10315

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
You can create own classification. Fortunately, no one (except other British trolls like MysteryMike and RobH) will take it seriously.

******* hell, you never shut up do you?
RobH no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #8382
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeek View Post
Slightly confused as to why the report clearly highlights the UK rather than England on the map, and the close of host cities includes Glasgow, Edinburgh and Cardiff..?

Have I missed something, or have FIFA made a mess of this?
Have a closer look at the Map's Key.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #8383
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7061

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
******* hell, you never shut up do you?
Robbie, your last post in the Russian thread is rough trolling. You said all what you think. Unfortunately, the moderator is too sympathetic to English bid and don't want to ban you.
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #8384
RobH

Yes, 1 post, and it got the thread locked as I'd intended, so I'm quite pleased about that. It was by way of thanks for you getting the England thread locked with your trolling the previous day.

No need to thank me.
RobH no está en línea  
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #8385
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
No need to thank me, but perhaps before taking the moral high-ground and getting upset when your thread got locked, you could have decided to think twice before posting reams of shit in the England thread. Just a thought eh?
This shit has been shown by all world TV-channels and newspapers. The normal fan will blame the government (who passed the law), students-vandals, the police (which did not provide security). But you decided to blame Russians for the fact that all known footage were showed - "Russians are ****". I did not expect that the British so receptive to criticism. After your posts English thread was blocked because you have insulted the whole nation.

And what you did in response? You will send the stereotypical Photoshop images, and said that you want to block Russian thread. And the moderator agreed with the requirement of troll. Terrific!

You can block Russian thread, ban Russian forumers, but it don't help you to win elections for WC2018!
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:40 PM   #8386
RobH

You seem to be forgetting that you started your posts with the headline "25 years into the fight against English hooliganism" in size 7 font. Trolling much? Every post of mine which you call trolling has been in response to idiocy from you and other Russians here. It's quite simple and the threads bare that out.

If you can't take it, don't dish it out. Simple.
RobH no está en línea  
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:51 PM   #8387
AlekseyVT
BANNED

I think that the recent events in the major British city has shown that security in England is not as perfect as you (and Blatter) thought. I think that 80% of these students are football fans. If this is their reaction to the rising of cost of education, what their reaction on the expensive WC tickets?

By the way, same situation is impossible in Russia because we're have free education.
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:55 PM   #8388
Mr Trebus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

The russians are getting desperate boys..the screw is turning
Mr Trebus no está en línea  
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #8389
Schmeek

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbanger View Post
Have a closer look at the Map's Key.
Oh I see. Still don't see why they are on there though or why the map is of the uk when it states England.
Schmeek no está en línea  
Old November 17th, 2010, 08:06 PM   #8390
RobH

Quote:
I think that the recent events in the major British city has shown that security in England is not as perfect as you (and Blatter) thought. I think that 80% of these students are football fans. If this is their reaction to the rising of cost of education, what their reaction on the expensive WC tickets?

Thank you proving my point about the value of your contributions to this forum
RobH no está en línea  
Old November 17th, 2010, 09:04 PM   #8391
matthemod

Likes (Received): 95

Quote:

By the way, same situation is impossible in Russia because we're have free education.
The entire march involved 50'000 students, 49'000 of which were entirely peaceful. 1'000 decided to attack the Conservative HQ and they get the disproportionate amount of media coverage.

Let me just re-iterate that for you, in your own unique style

2% OF THE PROTESTORS RIOTED. WITH VAST MAJORITY BEING PEACEFUL. (edited for Aleksey)

You're talking as if Russia has never had a riot...

My MiniCity!

Last edited by matthemod; November 17th, 2010 at 09:31 PM.
matthemod no está en línea  
Old November 17th, 2010, 09:25 PM   #8392
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthemod View Post
The entire march involved 50'000 students, 49'000 of which were entirely peaceful. 1'000 decided to attack the Conservative HQ and they get the disproportionate amount of media coverage.

LESS THAN 1% OF THE PROTESTORS RIOTED. WITH VAST MAJORITY BEING PEACEFUL.

1.000 of 50.000 is 2%, not "less than 1%". Yes, Britain really have serious problems with education system. And they have increased the cost of this.
Old November 17th, 2010, 09:30 PM   #8393
Rev Stickleback

Likes (Received): 1921

Quote:

LESS THAN 1% OF THE PROTESTORS RIOTED. WITH VAST MAJORITY BEING PEACEFUL.

I doubt it was even anywhere near 1000 rioting (although I doubt it was anywhere like 50,000 protesting either - such crowd estimates are notoriously over estimated).

And even if the utterly ludicrous idea of students rioting about ticket prices happened, where exactly would they riot? Would they all hop on EasyJet flights to Zurich to attack FIFA's HQ?

People are wrong to say the Russian guys should be banned. They are comedy gold.
Rev Stickleback no está en línea  
Old November 17th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #8394
matthemod

Quote:

1.000 of 50.000 is 2%, not "less than 1%". Yes, Britain really have serious problems with education system. And they have increased the cost of this.
Fair enough, Maths was never my strong suit. I see you didn't even acknowledge my point however that it was such a small number.

I was more a History Buff, particularly European History, particularly European History of the 19th and 20th centuries.

Can't help but think it's Ironic that considering what I have learnt about European history, a Russian is lecturing about how "unsafe" England is because of Rioting.

My MiniCity!
Old November 17th, 2010, 09:41 PM   #8395
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Can't help but think it's Ironic that considering what I have learnt about European history, a Russian is lecturing about how "unsafe" England is because of Rioting.
I'm not talking about history, but about the present. History of British riots and colonial/civil wars is the past, but the current problems are present.
Old November 17th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #8396
matthemod

So, by your standards, one riot of probably less than 1000 people, in the centre of London, is somehow going to affect our national bid, for a competition in 8 years.

I just want to clarify that's what you're saying, because good lord that is dumb.

My MiniCity!
Old November 17th, 2010, 09:48 PM   #8397
PejatBR

Likes (Received): 32

I dont want another world cup in USA, they dont deserve to receive another because they cant feel the love for football. In USA soccer is still a boring sport for the most of americans.

Katar would have a boring world cup in really beautiful stadiums.

Japan and Korea hosted in 2002, not enough far to got a good feeling and expectation thata big event like that derserves.

My favorites

2018: Portugal/Spain X England

2022: Australia X Russia
PejatBR no está en línea  
Old November 17th, 2010, 09:48 PM   #8398
RobH

The England 2018 chief executive, Andy Anson, said today that he was increasingly confident that the World Cup bid could move on from the "period of uncertainty" created by corruption allegations against Fifa executives and secure enough votes to triumph on 2 December.

As Fifa today published the executive summaries of its technical reports, and made more detailed versions available to the 22 executive committee members who will vote on 2 December, Anson said their positive verdict would allow England's bid to refocus on its strengths.

He insisted that despite perceived damage caused by Fifa corruption allegations in the British media, and the prospect of a controversial Panorama airing days before the vote, the positive assessment of England would provide the springboard for a late rally.

"We're unhappy Panorama is going to run. We can't say it's positive for England that a programme of that nature is going to run so close to the vote. But do we think we can still win it? Of course we do," he said, perhaps unsurprisingly. "We're satisfied and content the support is still there behind us. Over the past two weeks we've had a lot of positive signals. We've had very positive signals from Fifa Exco members that have given us great encouragement that we're very much in the race."

Anson is also convinced that several key executive committee members are undecided how to vote and will keep their options open until the last possible moment.

Countering growing public cynicism about the probity of the process, Anson insisted that he still believed it to be a fair one. "We fought hard and fair for two years and we're still confident we can win it. We feel we have been given a fair chance to win it and every chance to win it."

If the two executive committee members currently suspended are not allowed to vote, then there will be 22 voters and backing from seven of them will be sufficient to make it through the first round. Eight votes would guarantee that England make it to the final round for a shoot-out against Russia or Spain/Portugal. "One vote counts for an awful lot and it could still go either way," said Anson. "There are some who will definitely leave their options open until the last minute."

Fifa today published executive summaries of the technical reports into the nine bidders for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups but did not make public the more detailed versions that will go to the 22 executive committee members.

Those longer versions rate each country as low-, medium- or high-risk in a range of 17 operational categories from transport to stadiums and accommodation. Among the 2018 bidders, the joint Spain/Portugal bid and England come out on top with 15 low ratings and two medium each.

England's bid is rated a medium risk for accommodation, where Fifa inspectors picked up on the fact that England had not guaranteed the required amount of hotel rooms at the required rate, and for stadium operations, where all of the bidders who have included unbuilt grounds in their plans have received a medium or high rating.

Although a positive technical report is not likely to be a decisive factor in the final vote, Anson said that for England in particular – which has partly based its pitch on being a safe bet and a commercial bonanza – it was crucial.

He said recent conversations with executive committee members had left him feeling more confident than at any time since the Sunday Times corruption allegations that led to the suspension of the executive committee members Amos Adamu and Reynald Temarii.

The Fifa ethics committee will meet tomorrow to decide their fate and also rule on allegations of collusion between the Qatar bid for 2022 and Spain/Portugal. It is claimed that they secured a bloc of seven votes by trading support.

As far as the 2022 bidders are concerned, the technical report was seen as a blow to Qatar's hopes. The Middle-Eastern country, which started off as an outsider but has become an increasingly strong contender, was the only one among the nine to be rated as a high overall operational risk in the reports.
RobH no está en línea  
Old November 17th, 2010, 09:58 PM   #8399
AlekseyVT
BANNED

I think the main outcome of the last few weeks:
1) FIFA recognized that in technical terms Russian and English bids on the one level;
2) Safety in England was called into question.

Thus, the superiority of the British in these two important criteria was a myth. Now I see only one advantage in favor of England - it's a motherland of football.
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #8400
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Likes (Received): 4861

EDIT

CONO SUR
CHILE - ARGENTINA - URUGUAY
Bolsilludo no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup