daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old November 17th, 2010, 10:44 PM   #8421
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
"In terms of accommodation, over 84,000 rooms
have already been contracted, thus exceeding
FIFA’s minimum requirement of 60,000."

Something big Australia was not able to provide:

"In terms of accommodation, 43,000 rooms
have already been contracted, thus falling short
of FIFA’s minimum requirement of 60,000."
Australia is still massively low risk, you think Australia doesn't have enough hotel rooms? The country is like top 10 in tourism receipts, infact it's number 8 in the world, England are number 7. If that's the best you can find best of luck to you. As I have said many times Qatar should be eliminated for failing everything required, there has been no worse bidding nation in the history of world cup bidding.
MysteryMike no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:47 PM   #8422
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Australia on the other hand has PROBLEMS WITH TRANSPORT, "the country’s vastness and geographic location imply a dependence on air travel, potentially causing domestic and international transfer challenges in view of the lack of alternative means of long-distance transport within the country."
This is a problem for any other large nation as well (South Africa would have had the same line), the US has the same line plus they need to improve their local transportation networks as well. Qatar's bid is a total sham.

Last edited by MysteryMike; November 17th, 2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:50 PM   #8423
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
Why you don't wrote anything for English & Australian bids?
They are low risk, so I do not need to write anything for them. Both of them suffer in accommodation but as I said, England is the number 7 nation in tourism receipts and Australia are the number 8 nation in tourism receipts, there is really no issue with this what so ever. The analysis is correct, Australia and England are the only 2 nations deemed to be low risk and for me I have never doubted them, they deserve to host the world cups, they have fantastic teams behind their bids and they have done everything required to do so. I think if the world cup was in 2022 in the case of Russia, it may have been a different story but it is 2018 and the challenges are going to be a little too much to overcome. As for Qatar, is the most embarrassing bid of all time. The Qatar bid chief may as well come into the FIFA meeting with no pants on, or for that matter any clothes on what so ever because that is the level of standard of Qatar's bid. It's FAIL, FAIL, FAIL, everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
AUSTRALIA (2022) - Low Risk

USA (2022) - Medium Risk (Additional transport required, legacy, government guarantees)

QATAR (2022) - High Risk (Health and welfare of players, staff and spectators under threat, infrastructure, security, transport, logistics, accommodation)

Japan (2022) - Medium Risk (Security, government guarantees)

South Korea (2022) - Medium Risk (transportation, infrastructure)

ENGLAND (2018) - Low Risk

SPAIN/PORTUGAL (2018) - Medium Risk (Security, communications, accommodation, transport)

RUSSIA (2018) - Medium Risk (transport, infrastructure, communications, logistics, accommodation)

HOLLAND/BELGIUM - Medium Risk (2018) (government guarantees, accommodation)

Last edited by MysteryMike; November 17th, 2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:55 PM   #8424
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Australia is still massively low risk, you think Australia doesn't have enough hotel rooms? The country is like top 10 in tourism receipts, infact it's number 8 in the world, England are number 7. If that's the best you can find best of luck to you. As I have said many times Qatar should be eliminated for failing everything required, there has been no worse bidding nation in the history of world cup bidding.
It has not been mentioned in the FIFA report, so they don't care ! Australia being so successful in this thing couldn't provide basic sufficient accommodation, this is a total joke !

Quote:
This is a problem for any other large nation as well, the US has the same line plus they need to improve their local transportation networks as well. Qatar's bid is a total sham.
UNLIKE THE QATAR BID, which was able to provide every single stadium with sufficient public transport and major transport links, (Buses, Watar taxis and metro connections)

Quote:
They are low risk, so I do not need to write anything for them. Both of them suffer in accommodation but as I said, England is the number 7 nation in tourism receipts and Australia are the number 8 nation in tourism receipts, there is really no issue with this what so ever.
if it wasent it wouldnt have left such a scar on what could have been a glowing bid, what a fail.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old November 17th, 2010, 11:02 PM   #8425
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
It has not been mentioned in the FIFA report, so they don't care ! Australia being so successful in this thing couldn't provide basic sufficient accommodation, this is a total joke !

UNLIKE THE QATAR BID, which was able to provide every single stadium with sufficient public transport and major transport links, (Buses, Watar taxis and metro connections)

if it wasent it wouldnt have left such a scar on what could have been a glowing bid, what a fail.
Qatar bid fails in everything ok. Just get that through you head, your bid is a total utter FAIL. Sorry but it's not me that says it, it's the FIFA technical report that says it. I have been saying it all the time too of course because I know the FACTS, the FACTS are QATAR FAILS EVERYTHING. Qatar is the worst bidding nation of all time. Nothing you claim exists, it's not real. Your bid is a total sham.
Old November 17th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #8426
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Qatar bid fails in everything ok. Just get that through you head, your bid is a total utter FAIL. Sorry but it's not me that says it, it's the FIFA technical report that says it. I have been saying it all the time too of course because I know the FACTS, the FACTS are QATAR FAILS EVERYTHING. Qatar is the worst bidding nation of all time. Nothing you claim exists, it's not real. Your bid is a total sham.
This is expected from a BIASED, HYPOCRITICAL person. Your in such a shock that Qatar got a "fairly good" technical report that your are in "denial mode" you need to take a rest, I recommend a temporary brig.
Old November 17th, 2010, 11:13 PM   #8427
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
This is expected from a BIASED, HYPOCRITICAL person. Your in such a shock that Qatar got a "fairly good" technical report that your are in "denial mode" you need to take a rest, I recommend a temporary brig.
Actually 333,the report for Qatar was a shocker
Heat
Logistics
Security
Training Village
Qualified people
The sheer amount of building
Accommodation exclusivity
The point kept coming up about the inability to test loads at WC levels
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 17th, 2010, 11:15 PM   #8428
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Good? Obviously you don't understand the meaning of the word good then at all. The words that would come into mind in regards to the Qatar bid report would be appalling, disgraceful, embarrassing, atrocious, I mean there was even mention about the health and welfare of players being put at risk. June/July are the hottest months of the year in Qatar, even Qataris leave Qatar during then. Do you really think FIFA are going to risk massive law suits from clubs after they have put in their bid book health concerns, not just even the welfare of the players but fans as well. I mean adios amigo, as they say, you might want to get someone to translate that one for you as well
Old November 17th, 2010, 11:42 PM   #8429
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
the only fail we saw is the big lose by Arab team not qaulified to WC 2010

Egypt 3 Australia Zeroooo lol

Arab world deserve world cup it is the time to be hosting in Qatar

the team Ranked 21 lol
waqif no está en línea  
Old November 17th, 2010, 11:46 PM   #8430
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
the only fail we saw is the big lose by Arab team not qaulified to WC 2010

Egypt 3 Australia Zeroooo lol

Arab world deserve world cup it is the time to be hosting in Qatar

the team Ranked 21 lol
You're going to have to do better than that. Egypt deserve to host a world cup, Qatar do not, simple as that.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:01 AM   #8431
_X_

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225955192458
Quote:
But the criticism of Qatar is damning, even written in FIFA's diplomatic speak, and it emerged last night that the flaws highlighted in the bid are leading to a fresh push to have it ruled non-compliant before the December 2 vote.

Though it's expected that FIFA's ethics committee will find no hard evidence of collusion between the Spain/Portugal and Qatar bids when it reports tomorrow, it's believed the other seven bidders are lobbying FIFA's ExCo members to have the Middle East nation sidelined at an extraordinary meeting tomorrow.
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:07 AM   #8432
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
You're going to have to do better than that. Egypt deserve to host a world cup, Qatar do not, simple as that.
you have to know Egypt will going to vote for Qatar by it is member Hani Abu Radia becouse arabs deserve world cup do you need to be beating by another non qaulified arab team such Qatar 1.5 million population then wait till next January Asia Cup 2011 in Qatar and this will be another scandal other than the lose by non qualified arab team.
waqif no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:21 AM   #8433
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
you have to know Egypt will going to vote for Qatar by it is member Hani Abu Radia becouse arabs deserve world cup do you need to be beating by another non qaulified arab team such Qatar 1.5 million population then wait till next January Asia Cup 2011 in Qatar and this will be another scandal other than the lose by non qualified arab team.
You do realise MBH didn't vote for Egypt for 2010
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:24 AM   #8434
Rev Stickleback

Likes (Received): 1919

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
I think the main outcome of the last few weeks:
1) FIFA recognized that in technical terms Russian and English bids on the one level;
2) Safety in England was called into question.
Are you on the FIFA committee? It's just that I don't see anyone other than you thinking a few louts breaking the odd window consititutes a concern about safety in England because of it.

Or have you perhaps become so obsessed that you've become convinced that things you post here actually influence the voting?

Perhaps if I post often enough, FIFA will realise the dangers of hosting a world cup where people people set up desperate illegal "markets" in underpasses, perahps selling as much as one small child's t-shirt, where old women are forced to scavenge for coins at "Kilometre Zero" behind Red Square, and where old people have to be searched with metal detectors at markets. It is a country, after all, where youths hang around just past Tver railway station and throw bricks at the St Petersburg to Moscow Express. And lets not forget, it's a country where entry into any attended public convenience bears witness to horrors not fit for discussion in public. The ones near the (empty & rusting) swimming pool near the Luzhniky Stadium were rumoured to be the setting for the next "Saw" film, but the producers deemed them too grisly and frightening for their audience.

The rail links may be lacking, but let us consider the poor fan deciding to hire a car. He may be in luck. He might hire one in St Petersburg, and being June it'll be late enough in the year to have had its annual wash, spurning the "mud up the door handle" look still popular well into May, where all cars look like they've been freshly pulled from floodwater, and a family of badgers could live in the door sills. Consider their plight as they navigate the road system, and find things like lines on the road are merely treated as suggestions, and car wiper blades move in a way that's little more than a gesture. Pity more the poor fan on foot attempting to cross a busy Russian road, realising that even on pedestrian crossings, drivers act as if they discuss the importance of stopping in their head, making every crossing feel like a human reenactment of the 1980s arcade game frogger. Their only hope is to be guided across by one of the traffic policemen who exist with the frequency of traffic cones on the M6, and are about as useful, as they stand there idly twirling their batons like paramilitary charlie chaplins.

But it's not all bad. Fans can at least look forward to using the plentiful bars and restaurants at ground level out the back of Red Square, made all the more accesible by the locals who see no need to go in them, when they can instead swig from a bottle of cheap vodka in the street instead.

But some people might think making these points a frivilous waste of time, as they are not points that are remotely likely to be considered by the voting committee. Only some people, mind. Only some people.
Rev Stickleback no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:26 AM   #8435
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
yes I realise this but I realise too that Hani Abo Radia said officaly he will vote to Qatar and his country did this officaly in Arab sport Minsters meeting.

there no another arabic country in this bid ! are you think he will vote for Australia

im sorry but the fact we not talk about small gap 1 vote or 2 votes between Qatar and Australia we are talking about 14 votes in Qatar side and 1 to Australia plus they cant get oceana vote becouse it is member is suspended due bribe.
waqif no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:29 AM   #8436
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
maybe because: Egypt did not have a good bid, Egypt did not lobby its bid properly, Egypt did not buy votes.

In the end its all a personal preference of who votes for who. I am sure Egypt will be more than ready for an amazing 2026 bid campaign.
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:35 AM   #8437
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
maybe because: Egypt did not have a good bid, Egypt did not lobby its bid properly, Egypt did not buy votes.

In the end its all a personal preference of who votes for who. I am sure Egypt will be more than ready for an amazing 2026 bid campaign.
Egypt wasnt serious that time if they was of course Qatar was will give them their vote but they wasnt and they didnt lobby the arabs or africa or middle east like Qatar did even Qatar now lobby South America and lobby some europian countries there much talk in halls Russia will going to vote for Qatar and when this confirmed we will get 15 votes in our side.
waqif no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:49 AM   #8438
PaulFCB
BANNED

Likes (Received): 262

2 weeks till the decisions. My feeling is England and Australia will take the World Cups even though my favorites would be Iberia ( whyyyyy Portugal when Spain can host 3 World Cup sim with what it has? ) and Qatar would be a unique experience even though It could have been nice to host one in the middle east in UAE, they certainly would have had a better chance.
PaulFCB no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:52 AM   #8439
Gondolier

Having a WOrld Cup in Qatar would be about as exciting as having it on the moon.
Gondolier no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:53 AM   #8440
n_pon88
wishing i was in bkk

Likes (Received): 13

waqif: you have been regurgitating the same information for the last few pages and its really getting boring.
i personally think that Australia should get the 2022. as it is logistically close to east asia where football has still soo much room to expand. but with out actually being in asia, as japan/korean world cup was not long ago. that's my opinion on it but getting it will be another matter, as me and a lot of my friends seem to believe that FIFA is corrupt.
as for qatar if only they had decided to do a joint world cup then i would have fully supported it. its just in the back of my mind this whole resentment about people throwing money at things to make them happen with out thinking. its just another dick waving issue thing.
my 2 cents/pence
n_pon88 no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup