daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old November 18th, 2010, 12:54 AM   #8441
PaulFCB
BANNED

Likes (Received): 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolier View Post
Having a WOrld Cup in Qatar would be about as exciting as having it on the moon.
Gliese 581 g 4 2130 FTW!
PaulFCB no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:07 AM   #8442
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulFCB View Post
Gliese 581 g 4 2130 FTW!
There is a chance its more exciting than the moon !

Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:13 AM   #8443
PaulFCB
BANNED

Likes (Received): 262

I never said It won't be nice
PaulFCB no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:18 AM   #8444
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

World Cup 2018: Spain may suffer for damning Fifa verdict on Qatar

England’s World Cup bid was boosted by the verdict of Fifa’s technical report on Wednesday, but perhaps the most significant factor in the 2018 race came in the damning judgment on Qatar’s bid for the 2022 tournament.

The tiny Gulf state’s emergence as a contender in the 2022 race, boosted by an alleged collusion agreement with Spain-Portugal that could mean the two bids starting with seven votes each, has proved to be the wild card of this campaign.

Fifa’s technical inspectors may have stalled Qatar’s progress by rating the offer as a “high overall operational risk”, the only one of the nine bids for the two tournaments to be judged anything other than a low or medium risk.

The judgment made Qatar the lowest rated of all the bids, and reflected concerns about the wisdom of staging the tournament in a country smaller than the Falkland Islands with summer temperatures that can reach 50C.

Qatar had hoped to counter those concerns with ambitious plans to install air-conditioning in all stadiums and training facilities, but Fifa’s inspectors appear unimpressed.

The low technical marks may now make it hard for Fifa’s executive committee members to back Qatar for 2022 and retain credibility, which could have a knock-on effect in the 2018 race if it damages an alliance with Spain.

Fifa’s ethics committee will on Thursday reveal the findings of its investigation into the allegations of collision, as well as into the corruption allegations against executive committee members Ammos Adamu and Reynald Temarii, caught discussing the price of votes with undercover reporters.

Qatar’s bid team suspect there is a political agenda to Fifa’s pursuit of the collusion allegations, with Qatari executive committee member Mohamed Bin Hammam a possible presidential challenger to Sepp Blatter.

Bin Hammam said on Wednesday that there had been no collusion. “I trust the committee and I’m sure they will come to the right decision to protect the integrity of the game,” he said. “I would like someone to tell me what the collusion is.”

Where European rivals stand

Russia
Expenditure budget $641m
Stadium budget $3.8bn
Significant concerns over air transport infrastructure and other transport projects, as well as need for accommodation to be increased and improved, and IT and communications to be upgraded.

Spain-Portugal
Expenditure budget $675m
Stadium budget $2bn
The bid by the world and European champions and their neighbours has not provided a clear safety and security plan, and Fifa has concerns about the operational challenge of joint bids.

England
Expenditure budget $722m
Stadium budget $2.54bn
Concerns over number of contracted hotel rooms and training venues. Described as a leading football sponsorship market, but listed events TV legislation would have to be suspended for Fifa.

Holland-Belgium
Expenditure budget $541m
Stadium budget $2.43bn
The joint bid has failed to provide government guarantees to protect Fifa’s commercial rights and indemnity against prosecution, and Fifa has concerns over a shortage of contracted hotels and training facilities.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-on-Qatar.html
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:24 AM   #8445
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_pon88 View Post
waqif: you have been regurgitating the same information for the last few pages and its really getting boring.
i personally think that Australia should get the 2022. as it is logistically close to east asia where football has still soo much room to expand. but with out actually being in asia, as japan/korean world cup was not long ago. that's my opinion on it but getting it will be another matter, as me and a lot of my friends seem to believe that FIFA is corrupt.
as for qatar if only they had decided to do a joint world cup then i would have fully supported it. its just in the back of my mind this whole resentment about people throwing money at things to make them happen with out thinking. its just another dick waving issue thing.
my 2 cents/pence
East of Asia cant host it twice since the west of Asia and Arab world didnt host it yet and Qatar lobby many countries with it even their bid isnt the best but the most close bid to win this race Australia in very hard position they dont have seat , they lost oceana vote due suspend and they only get ony vote from Germany by it is member Beckenbauer the fact that they need to collect more than 14 votes to get ride of Qatar.
waqif no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:27 AM   #8446
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
World Cup 2018: Spain may suffer for damning Fifa verdict on Qatar

England’s World Cup bid was boosted by the verdict of Fifa’s technical report on Wednesday, but perhaps the most significant factor in the 2018 race came in the damning judgment on Qatar’s bid for the 2022 tournament.

The tiny Gulf state’s emergence as a contender in the 2022 race, boosted by an alleged collusion agreement with Spain-Portugal that could mean the two bids starting with seven votes each, has proved to be the wild card of this campaign.

Fifa’s technical inspectors may have stalled Qatar’s progress by rating the offer as a “high overall operational risk”, the only one of the nine bids for the two tournaments to be judged anything other than a low or medium risk.

The judgment made Qatar the lowest rated of all the bids, and reflected concerns about the wisdom of staging the tournament in a country smaller than the Falkland Islands with summer temperatures that can reach 50C.

Qatar had hoped to counter those concerns with ambitious plans to install air-conditioning in all stadiums and training facilities, but Fifa’s inspectors appear unimpressed.

The low technical marks may now make it hard for Fifa’s executive committee members to back Qatar for 2022 and retain credibility, which could have a knock-on effect in the 2018 race if it damages an alliance with Spain.

Fifa’s ethics committee will on Thursday reveal the findings of its investigation into the allegations of collision, as well as into the corruption allegations against executive committee members Ammos Adamu and Reynald Temarii, caught discussing the price of votes with undercover reporters.

Qatar’s bid team suspect there is a political agenda to Fifa’s pursuit of the collusion allegations, with Qatari executive committee member Mohamed Bin Hammam a possible presidential challenger to Sepp Blatter.

Bin Hammam said on Wednesday that there had been no collusion. “I trust the committee and I’m sure they will come to the right decision to protect the integrity of the game,” he said. “I would like someone to tell me what the collusion is.”

Where European rivals stand

Russia
Expenditure budget $641m
Stadium budget $3.8bn
Significant concerns over air transport infrastructure and other transport projects, as well as need for accommodation to be increased and improved, and IT and communications to be upgraded.

Spain-Portugal
Expenditure budget $675m
Stadium budget $2bn
The bid by the world and European champions and their neighbours has not provided a clear safety and security plan, and Fifa has concerns about the operational challenge of joint bids.

England
Expenditure budget $722m
Stadium budget $2.54bn
Concerns over number of contracted hotel rooms and training venues. Described as a leading football sponsorship market, but listed events TV legislation would have to be suspended for Fifa.

Holland-Belgium
Expenditure budget $541m
Stadium budget $2.43bn
The joint bid has failed to provide government guarantees to protect Fifa’s commercial rights and indemnity against prosecution, and Fifa has concerns over a shortage of contracted hotels and training facilities.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-on-Qatar.html
there much dust on the british newspapers lol they better think how can they lobby against the countries in side of Qatar & spain
waqif no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:33 AM   #8447
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
Australia in very hard position they need to collect more than 14 votes to get ride of Qatar.
Is that so!

I reckon 13 will do it,12 most likely,maybe even 11 or if Qatar get kicked out it could be less
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:36 AM   #8448
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Is that so!

I reckon 13 will do it,12 most likely,maybe even 11 or if Qatar get kicked out it could be less
I dare you, it is been one year and your country tried every thing and was not abel to get ride of this tiny country what you will do if china was in the race lol
waqif no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:38 AM   #8449
weava
Arch(Struct) Engineer

Likes (Received): 1962

I've been reading through this thread, I don't know why the US is not listed as a zero risk, we already have more than enough stadiums that could host it tomorrow.
We have transportation; not sure why that is listed as a problem by some, we have NFL games in these cities every weekend and people get to the game somehow don't they??? Can you foreigners not rent cars from the countless rental car places, take the hotel shuttles, ride our buses, ride our rail, or take a cab????? If you can afford the $1000s for airplane/hotel costs surely you can afford another $50 for a rental car.
weava no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:42 AM   #8450
MysteryMike
BANNED

All the Executive Committee members are paying attention to the evaluations. Some members may not even bother to read each bid nation's proposal, and only read the evaluation reports. Egypt, which placed a bid to host the 2010 World Cup, got zero votes because the evaluation report said that Egypt's proposal did not mention ways to solve traffic congestion.

http://www.asahi.com/english/TKY201011160333.html
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:44 AM   #8451
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by weava View Post
I've been reading through this thread, I don't know why the US is not listed as a zero risk, we already have more than enough stadiums that could host it tomorrow.
We have transportation; not sure why that is listed as a problem by some, we have NFL games in these cities every weekend and people get to the game somehow don't they??? Can you foreigners not rent cars from the countless rental car places, take the hotel shuttles, ride our buses, ride our rail, or take a cab????? If you can afford the $1000s for airplane/hotel costs surely you can afford another $50 for a rental car.
first of all no government guarantees, secondly lack of local transportation networks, i.e it's fine for the citizens of the US but when the world cup comes it won't be able to deal with the excess loading and thirdly no legacy outside of the US, this might work for nations such as Russia who are first time hosts but when you are a trying to host it for a 2nd time, you have to have something additional to your own nation, the US does not.
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:48 AM   #8452
Mr Trebus
BANNED

I hope the african,caribbean and other non-white members of fifa get to see the following video illustrating the horrific and disgusting treatment of foreigners by the vicious russian neo-nazi gangs running rampant in Russia..very sad state of affairs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLUxuq-E9yA
Mr Trebus no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:49 AM   #8453
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

I see a lot of this in this thread.

Old November 18th, 2010, 01:54 AM   #8454
MysteryMike
BANNED

You must be saying FIFA are envious because everyone has said what the FIFA TECHNICAL REPORT has said - Qatar's bid is total garbage.
Old November 18th, 2010, 02:01 AM   #8455
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
You must be saying FIFA are envious because everyone has said what the FIFA TECHNICAL REPORT has said - Qatar's bid is total garbage.
FIFA has nothing to do with whats going on in this thread.

All i see is, Australia bashing Qatar (primary agenda)
&
England bashing Russia (and the other way around)
Old November 18th, 2010, 02:03 AM   #8456
antriksh_sfo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Is that so!

The results would be:
2018: Close contest England or Russia
2022: USA or Japan

So stop wasting your resources, have fun during the thanksgiving holidays and be prepared for the REALITY CHECK on 02 Dec 2010.

Qatar's effort is appreciable.
Oz attempt is equally far fetching as Qatar's but still WILL NOT attract votes as many votes.
antriksh_sfo no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 02:12 AM   #8457
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by antriksh_sfo View Post
2022: USA or Japan

So stop wasting your resources, have fun during the thanksgiving holidays and be prepared for the REALITY CHECK on 02 Dec 2010.

Qatar's effort is appreciable.
Oz attempt is equally far fetching as Qatar's but still WILL NOT attract votes as many votes.
Both USA and Japan don't have even government guarantees, both are previous hosts, Japan in only 2002 and the US in 1994, the US also lacks a legacy to the sport and localised transportation infrastructure so best of luck to your rubbish thoughts on the matter.
Old November 18th, 2010, 02:17 AM   #8458
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
AFC which belong to FIFA eliminated Australia from AFC Cup 2011 bid and Qatar now who will host AFC Cup 2011 ..... fact

FIFA will not choose Australia which located in east of Asia becouse East of Asia already hosted WC in 2002 by Japan/Korea ..... fact

simply another fact ..... Australia not on FIFA map and dont have vote seat lol
waqif no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 02:20 AM   #8459
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
Both USA and Japan don't have even government guarantees, both are previous hosts, Japan in only 2002 and the US in 1994, the US also lacks a legacy to the sport and localised transportation infrastructure so best of luck to your rubbish thoughts on the matter.
hahahaha that guy he want Australia to win in anyway lol
waqif no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 02:24 AM   #8460
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
hahahaha that guy he want Australia to win in anyway lol
All I have said are FACTS, not utter garbage that you post. I doubt your even Qatari, more like a US troll trying to damage everyone else. But the truth has come out because you've been found wanting.

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup