daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: Which bid should host the FIFA World Cup 2018 / 2022?
Australia - 2018 255 12.32%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2018 247 11.94%
England - 2018 538 26.00%
Indonesia - 2018 68 3.29%
Japan - 2018 35 1.69%
Mexico - 2018 105 5.07%
Qatar - 2018 78 3.77%
Russia - 2018 279 13.48%
South Korea - 2018 16 0.77%
Spain / Portugal - 2018 267 12.90%
USA - 2018 116 5.61%
Australia - 2022 378 18.27%
Belgium / Netherlands - 2022 111 5.36%
England - 2022 114 5.51%
Indonesia - 2022 122 5.90%
Japan - 2022 37 1.79%
Mexico - 2022 149 7.20%
Qatar - 2022 153 7.39%
Russia - 2022 148 7.15%
South Korea - 2022 23 1.11%
Spain / Portugal - 2022 184 8.89%
USA - 2022 249 12.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2069. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old March 5th, 2007, 02:00 AM   #1801
Its AlL gUUd
Cute but Psycho...
 
Its AlL gUUd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London
Posts: 6,017
Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordancda View Post
To say that the 1994 WC had no impact is absurd; and if you think that FIFA doesn't see the profitability in hosting another WC in the USA sooner rather than latter, than that is just foolish thinking. I'm not saying the USA should host one every 15 years, but the impact of hosting another one in the next three would do wonders for the continued growth of the sport and bring FIFA millions of dollars because I guarantee you it would put the 1994 Cup (already the best the World has seen) to shame.
Exactly, FIFA do not represent football but just MONEY like the US thats all they care aout, whereas in countries such as England it is more about the actual game, passion, history, FOOTBALL. FIFA and Sepp Blatter are so corrupt with greed, UEFA should show who is boss!!

@jordancda. Your post confirms ppls concerns about the World Cup in the USA, thanks. a World Cup is supposed to engulf the whole of the host country and ppl to be passionate about football, this certainly did not happen in 94.
__________________
I T S Y
Its AlL gUUd no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2007, 02:20 AM   #1802
Benjuk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 920
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachRes44 View Post


Might happen about the same time soccer overthrows the NFL in America.

We've all know about soccer for a long time. Its not a new sport. Why do you think its suddenly going to sweep the world?
3 years ago I wouldn't have thought it possible - but times have changed. Qualification and a good performance in Germany, the promissing start to the A-League, etc.

55000 at Telstra Dome for a soccer match. Never thought that would happen. 50000 just for a league game vs Sydney. The game will continue to grow as players realise that aiming for a pro-career in Oz is a realistic goal. More teams (from 2010) onwards will mean even greater opportunities for local players.

Meanwhile, the AFL will continue to make stupid changes to the rules that rob the game of it's explosive, full contact glory.
Benjuk no está en línea  
Old March 5th, 2007, 04:51 AM   #1803
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,274
Likes (Received): 19

1994 was a new concept, a nwe idea.... no one knew what to expect. It turned out that WC '94 laid the groundwork for the future of soccer in this country. And yes, soccer does matter in this country now. Ask, Nike, ask Adidas, ask ESPN. Spanish tv in this country scored it's biggest ever rating for a non WC game for any event with the USA - Mexico friendly.... trounced the superbowl ratings ..... MLS is now at 15, 000 average gate, new stadiums are popping up, $$ is rolling in left and right......

The USA hosting the 2014 or 2018 WC would blow the freken roof off soccer in this country. This country is ready to get behind it's national team. Had we showed up to play Ghana and got to the round of 16, you really would have seen it. The kids who followed WC '94 (me) are now a generation older and more wiser.

I can understand your concerns about FIFA and USA $...... all valid..... and yes England prob does deserve to host the WC more than anyone...... but will England hosting the WC really increase the popularity of the sport over there? If FIFA is serious about growing the game (making $ is a given).... then USA 2018 would be the ultimate. (outside of England's passion of course)..
nyrmetros no está en línea  
Old March 5th, 2007, 05:12 AM   #1804
jordancda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 16
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
1994 was a new concept, a nwe idea.... no one knew what to expect. It turned out that WC '94 laid the groundwork for the future of soccer in this country. And yes, soccer does matter in this country now. Ask, Nike, ask Adidas, ask ESPN. Spanish tv in this country scored it's biggest ever rating for a non WC game for any event with the USA - Mexico friendly.... trounced the superbowl ratings ..... MLS is now at 15, 000 average gate, new stadiums are popping up, $$ is rolling in left and right......

The USA hosting the 2014 or 2018 WC would blow the freken roof off soccer in this country. This country is ready to get behind it's national team. Had we showed up to play Ghana and got to the round of 16, you really would have seen it. The kids who followed WC '94 (me) are now a generation older and more wiser.

I can understand your concerns about FIFA and USA $...... all valid..... and yes England prob does deserve to host the WC more than anyone...... but will England hosting the WC really increase the popularity of the sport over there? If FIFA is serious about growing the game (making $ is a given).... then USA 2018 would be the ultimate. (outside of England's passion of course)..
Thanks for putting it in better words than I. This is not about slighting Europe (specifically England) but the fact is that there has been exponential growth of soccer in the USA since/because of 1994. I know a lot of Europeans are going to have a hard time believing that the evil, hated USA could ever love your sport as much as you do, but it is in fact beginning to happen. Now, of course we have other sports we are passionate about, but remember, if only 1/3 of the population of the USA become rabid soccer fans, that is still more than all of England. Anyway, I digress. The point is, and "nymetros" hit it on the head, if there were another WC in the USA in 2018, it would blow the lid off this market (which would be good for soccer all over the world). Soccer would explode here even more than it has already. Its not a thing against England, I love England: I'm planning on going to university there soon. This is all about FIFA wanting to grow the sport across the globe and specifically in North America. Like nymetros said, it does nothing to grow the sport to have it in England. You guys will get it soon any way this falls. But it be a shame if FIFA failed to capitalize on the momentum soccer has gained here in the USA.
jordancda no está en línea  
Old March 5th, 2007, 05:25 AM   #1805
rconsa
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Guate city
Posts: 3,210
Likes (Received): 172

A guatemalan newspaper publicated an articule where blatter said that the 2018 world cup must be in on country of the concacaf, so I think it must be in Canada, because EEUU had ir in 1994, mexico have too many problems and central america and the carribean is too poor to do it.
rconsa no está en línea  
Old March 5th, 2007, 05:46 AM   #1806
cmc
Registered User
 
cmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 364
Likes (Received): 253

If 2018 for Concacaf....the 3 choices in order..

1) USA- good economy, growing soccer boom, building good NFL and MLS stadiums.

2) Canada- hosting the 2007 U-20 WC, Blatter is known for taking the WC to new host nations (Korea/Japan 2002 & S.Africa 2010).

3) Mexico- (eventhough I'm Mexican and I would like the WC to be in MX)
MX has had it twice (70 & 86), is a big soccer nation, its infrastructure must be renovated and build new too, and economically MX is trying to grow, However the FEMEXFUT would back up the idea 100%.
cmc no está en línea  
Old March 5th, 2007, 07:40 AM   #1807
Riise
Registered User
 
Riise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South London & Sprawlgary
Posts: 104
Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordancda View Post
The point is, and "nymetros" hit it on the head, if there were another WC in the USA in 2018, it would blow the lid off this market (which would be good for soccer all over the world). Soccer would explode here even more than it has already. Its not a thing against England, I love England: I'm planning on going to university there soon. This is all about FIFA wanting to grow the sport across the globe and specifically in North America. Like nymetros said, it does nothing to grow the sport to have it in England. You guys will get it soon any way this falls. But it be a shame if FIFA failed to capitalize on the momentum soccer has gained here in the USA.
I'll put it a simply as I can. The World Cup is not about capital gains or growing the game, it's a global football tournament. A month where the world comes together to celebrate and play the beautiful game.
__________________
"A city can be friendly to people or it can be friendly to cars, but it cannot be both" | Enrique Penalosa
Riise no está en línea  
Old March 5th, 2007, 07:58 AM   #1808
KiwiBrit
There's only one United
 
KiwiBrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: the garden city
Posts: 1,743
Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordancda View Post
I know a lot of Europeans are going to have a hard time believing that the evil, hated USA could ever love your sport as much as you do, but it is in fact beginning to happen.
Here we go. It may surprise you, but most Europeans don't hate the Americans. We think you get what you deserve for voting a muppet like Bush in for a second term, but hate...nah.

How the hell could you claim Americans are beginning to love football as much as we do? Listen mate, our love for the beautiful game is etched into our sole. Through generations of families, the all too familiar defeats, through heartache and pain. We have teams that have won nothing in there 100-odd years of history, yet they still have fans turn up week in, week out. We don't call our teams a 'franchise' that can be upped and moved to a more profitable destination. Ours are known as clubs, maybe you should look up what that means in a dictionary.

To us, it's not all about $$$$$$'s, and although it would be great to see the game grow in the States, to be honest it wouldn't have much effect on us if it didn't. You see football was holding a World Cup as long back as 1930. A time when the USA was still finding it's feet as to which sports to ingrain into it's heritage.

I am glad Americans are beginning to appreciate the beautiful game. And I honestly hope you guys continue to do so, but come back in 50 years time with even more passion and I for one will begin to believe.

So sit back, chill out and have a beer. Your day will come again...just wait your turn!
KiwiBrit no está en línea  
Old March 5th, 2007, 09:38 AM   #1809
Ari Gold
Mr Superstar
 
Ari Gold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Perthzillia
Posts: 2,391
Likes (Received): 126

If the World Cup was all about spreading the game to all parts of the world, the 2018 WC would therefore go to Australia.

If the World Cup was all about the benjamins, then the WC would go to the US.

If the World Cup was politically-free and just, then the WC would lead to England.
__________________
Perth - Lawns n Yawns for All
Ari Gold no está en línea  
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:08 PM   #1810
Benjuk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 920
Likes (Received): 2

IF it goes to CONCACEF rather than UEFA then it should be Canada because the US had it in '94 and Mexico have had it twice.

But let's not get carried away, the ONE AND ONLY reason Blatter is talking up North America is that that's where he gets his votes for the presidency - and he's up for re-election prior to the 2018 venue being decided. He has to talk up that chance of the finals being there or he'll lose out to Beckenbauer in the next vote. He's already seen his fat cat buddy Lennart Johansson lose out to Platini in UEFA, he's worried about his job. Pure and simple.

This isn't an attack on any nation - the USA, Canada, Mexico, or any other nation who gets the chance will do a great job hosting the finals - just as all of the recent hosts have.
Benjuk no está en línea  
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:44 PM   #1811
Its AlL gUUd
Cute but Psycho...
 
Its AlL gUUd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London
Posts: 6,017
Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juddy View Post
If the World Cup was all about spreading the game to all parts of the world, the 2018 WC would therefore go to Australia.

If the World Cup was all about the benjamins, then the WC would go to the US.

If the World Cup was politically-free and just, then the WC would lead to England.
i can't agree with you further. Football is already the most popular sport in the world, the WC should come back to the 'home of football'. its the right thing to do.
__________________
I T S Y
Its AlL gUUd no está en línea  
Old March 5th, 2007, 02:52 PM   #1812
Benjuk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 920
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its AlL gUUd View Post
i can't agree with you further. Football is already the most popular sport in the world, the WC should come back to the 'home of football'. its the right thing to do.
For me it's nothing to do with England being the 'home of football' - that comes across as being a bit "up our own behinds" (and I'm saying that as an Englishman)

I think it should be England because -

(1) Europe, the home of the majority of the world's best teams, should host the 2018 Finals as the competition will have been out of Europe in 2010 and 2014.

(2) If it is to be in Europe, the only countries capable of hosting (at the moment) are Germany, France, Spain, Italy and England. No other single European nation can justify building the 8 major stadiums required (as is demonstrated by the fact that no other European nation has even close-to the required number of suitable stadiums). Germany, France, Spain and Italy have all hosted since England last hosted (Germany twice!).

(3) After two finals tournaments which will require major building work, it'll be nice to have a finals in a country which already has it's stadia in place.

(4) The fans. We've waited 41 years already.




One thing occurs to me, that I don't think has been mentioned so far on this thread... The 2014 finals are set for what FIFA refers to as The Americas. NOT SOUTH AMERICA - THE AMERICAS. If the US, Mexico or Canada want to host the finals - why not bid against Brazil, Colombia and co., see how things stack up.
Benjuk no está en línea  
Old March 5th, 2007, 02:54 PM   #1813
BobDaBuilder
Registered User
 
BobDaBuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Yarck
Posts: 1,542
Likes (Received): 1

^

Blatter probably won't be president by the time a 2018 vote occurs. So all bets off on who is most stupid.

You will probably get a South America or Asian president by then.
BobDaBuilder no está en línea  
Old March 5th, 2007, 03:25 PM   #1814
Its AlL gUUd
Cute but Psycho...
 
Its AlL gUUd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London
Posts: 6,017
Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjuk View Post
For me it's nothing to do with England being the 'home of football' - that comes across as being a bit "up our own behinds" (and I'm saying that as an Englishman)

I think it should be England because -

(1) Europe, the home of the majority of the world's best teams, should host the 2018 Finals as the competition will have been out of Europe in 2010 and 2014.

(2) If it is to be in Europe, the only countries capable of hosting (at the moment) are Germany, France, Spain, Italy and England. No other single European nation can justify building the 8 major stadiums required (as is demonstrated by the fact that no other European nation has even close-to the required number of suitable stadiums). Germany, France, Spain and Italy have all hosted since England last hosted (Germany twice!).

(3) After two finals tournaments which will require major building work, it'll be nice to have a finals in a country which already has it's stadia in place.

(4) The fans. We've waited 41 years already.

One thing occurs to me, that I don't think has been mentioned so far on this thread... The 2014 finals are set for what FIFA refers to as The Americas. NOT SOUTH AMERICA - THE AMERICAS. If the US, Mexico or Canada want to host the finals - why not bid against Brazil, Colombia and co., see how things stack up.
I know. I agree with these points and even referred to them aswell on several occasions, lets not forget Europe provides half the teams for the World Cup. but the tournament should come back to the 'Home of Football', i dont care how that sounds because 52 years is long enough.
__________________
I T S Y
Its AlL gUUd no está en línea  
Old March 5th, 2007, 03:52 PM   #1815
marrio415
Registered User
 
marrio415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mansfield and Oxford UK
Posts: 835
Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its AlL gUUd View Post
I know. I agree with these points and even referred to them aswell on several occasions, lets not forget Europe provides half the teams for the World Cup. but the tournament should come back to the 'Home of Football', i dont care how that sounds because 52 years is long enough.
damn right the home of football which ever way you look at it(we even gave the yanks baseball lol)And we deserve it 52 YEARS CMON
marrio415 no está en línea  
Old March 6th, 2007, 03:05 AM   #1816
Benjuk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 920
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDaBuilder View Post
^

Blatter probably won't be president by the time a 2018 vote occurs. So all bets off on who is most stupid.

You will probably get a South America or Asian president by then.
He won't be - but he wants to be, and his best chance is to keep 'his crew' onside as long as possible.

Next president will be Beckenbauer. THe sooner the better.
Benjuk no está en línea  
Old March 6th, 2007, 10:38 AM   #1817
LandOfGreenGinger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 55
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjuk View Post
He won't be - but he wants to be, and his best chance is to keep 'his crew' onside as long as possible.

Next president will be Beckenbauer. THe sooner the better.
I wouldn't bank on it. As i understand it, its a one country one vote system for the presidency. Any candidate who represents or is seen to represent the interests of the powerful european nations will not get in. The smaller nations in asia, africa and the americas will vote in a goldfish before allowing a 'european' candidate to win.
LandOfGreenGinger no está en línea  
Old March 6th, 2007, 12:59 PM   #1818
Benjuk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 920
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandOfGreenGinger View Post
I wouldn't bank on it. As i understand it, its a one country one vote system for the presidency. Any candidate who represents or is seen to represent the interests of the powerful european nations will not get in. The smaller nations in asia, africa and the americas will vote in a goldfish before allowing a 'european' candidate to win.
I can see that happening - but for the good of the game I hope that Beckenbauer gets in. He's proved himself to be the best at everything he's tried so far. A winner as a player, then as a manager, and then as the 'host' organiser he put on the best finals so far in every area other than the gamesmanship on the pitch... And the one area he talked out about during the finals was gamesmanship - he recognised the problem and didn't attempt to ignore it (as Blatter has consistantly), he said that it should be the no. 1 priority of FIFA to stop players cheating.

Frankly, I can't imagine how good football would be if players stopped diving, feigning injury, time-wasting, arguing with referees, etc.
Benjuk no está en línea  
Old March 6th, 2007, 02:40 PM   #1819
BobDaBuilder
Registered User
 
BobDaBuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Yarck
Posts: 1,542
Likes (Received): 1

Beckenbauer would be an excellent president, he was recently out in Oz showing off the world cup trophy that we ended up being robbed of.

I wouldn't mind the World Cup being in Blighty in 2018, as the bus goes past my place from Sydney to London nowadays! Mind you it takes about 10 weeks to make it there and 9 grand. Still it beats the heck out of flying. It ain't the destination, but the journey that makes the trip.
BobDaBuilder no está en línea  
Old March 6th, 2007, 03:08 PM   #1820
Noostairz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Transatlantic
Posts: 9,896
Likes (Received): 10

Blatter a big fan of England 2018 bid
Fifa president will back Europe bid and is a fan of the Premier League, he tells Denis Campbell

Sunday March 4, 2007
The Observer


Sepp Blatter will support efforts to stage the 2018 World Cup in Europe, a move that will greatly enhance England's chances of hosting the tournament. Football's most powerful man wants the event to be held in Europe rather than North America, China or Australia, senior Fifa sources have told Observer Sport. The Fifa president is ready to support an alliance of key powerbrokers in the game's governing body from outside Europe who will lobby for it to host 2018.

Influential figures such as Mohamed bin Hammam, head of the Asian Football Confederation, and Fifa executive committee members from Africa and South America are also likely to back Europe as the venue, which would probably mean England competing with Russia as the leading contenders.
Blatter triggered a wave of pessimism about England's chances of getting 2018 during his visit to London last week to meet Gordon Brown, the Chancellor of the Exchequer and enthusiastic advocate of a Football Association bid for 2018, when he warned that the event might well be held in the United States, Canada or Mexico if Fifa readopted its policy of moving the tournament around the continents.

Fifa will decide in November whether to continue rotating the World Cup through their six continental confederations. If they voted to do so, England could not bid until 2022 or even 2026. If they vote for a new approach - the existing rotation policy expires in 2014, when the World Cup is due to be staged in South America - England would be hot favourites for 2018.

As Europeans already fill eight of the 24 places on Fifa's ruling executive committee, they would need only five supporters from other quarters to win the November vote. 'Blatter would vote for Europe to get 2018,' said a senior Fifa official. 'He knows that it would be good commercially to hold it in Europe and he has no favours to give America.

'There's a good chance the executive committee will go for restarting rotation in Europe in 2018,' he added. 'If 2018 comes, it'll be England versus Russia. It would be silly not to give it to England because it is ready to host a World Cup now, because of its stadiums and because it's been so long since 1966.'

In an exclusive interview with Observer Sport, Blatter lavished praise on English football and said that England 'could stage a World Cup tomorrow' because of its excellent stadiums and impressive security procedures.

'The technical infrastructure of England is perfect,' Blatter said. 'The best, absolutely the best. Because it is so good the league is so attractive. People are happy to go to the game because you are seated, there are no fences, you can touch the players.' He also praised security arrangements and policing in England.

Mike Lee, a key member of London's successful bid for the 2012 Olympics, said: 'This week has shown that mounting a successful World Cup bid is a complex matter and issues about rotation and securing European support are vital for an England bid to move forward.

'Nothing that has been said [during Fifa's visit] should be interpreted as a blow to England's chances,' Lee added. 'This is a chess game and it's important to play it the right way. An England bid clearly has the potential to succeed.'

Blatter also lauded Scotland's stock of excellent grounds. 'There are big stadia, especially in Glasgow. They have exactly the same organisational skills [as in England]. From a catastrophe [at Ibrox in 1971, when 66 fans died] they have learned something and they now have stadia that are absolutely an example for the whole world,' he said. Ibrox, Celtic Park and Hampden Park are all highly rated by Uefa, and the latter will host the Uefa Cup final on 16 May.

Despite that, though, Blatter made clear that if England were awarded the 2018 finals, they could not stage any games in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Blatter said that for as long as he remained Fifa president - he is expected to be re-elected, probably unopposed, for a third term this summer - he would insist on one country hosting all the 32 teams and 64 games in the World Cup.

And Blatter also indicated that if smaller English cities such as Hull, Norwich, Plymouth or Southampton wanted to host games if England did stage 2018, they would have to build grounds big enough. All stadiums must have a minimum capacity of 45,000, he said, adding that, without a big stadium, the most those cities could hope for would be a large outdoor public viewing screen. The World Cup's popularity and the need to provide seats for media and security personnel, as well as the fans, compelled Fifa to insist that the biggest available venues were used, he said. This will be good news for Arsenal, Newcastle and Sunderland in particular - and for Birmingham City, if they go ahead with plans to build a new 55,000-seat stadium.

Blatter welcomed the growing number of Premier League clubs who are deciding to use the forthcoming 60 per cent increase in the league's television revenue either to cut or freeze the price of tickets from next season. But he urged clubs to spend more money on developing young players and on humanitarian projects both in their own cities and in Africa and Asia.
Noostairz no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
australia, united states of america, world cup

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu