daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 1st, 2008, 06:20 AM   #2821
Assemblage23
▄bereinstimmend

Likes (Received): 8105

Words fail me to describe how much I love your diagrams.

Thanks for sharing
Assemblage23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2008, 08:29 AM   #2822
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assemblage23 View Post

Words fail me to describe how much I love your diagrams.

Thanks for sharing
I agree. It always takes me a few minutes to sit down and analyze his diagrams. The detail is superb and the information it conveys puts everything in to a perfect perspective.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 02:33 PM   #2823
Aboveday

Likes (Received): 11

W-Hotel at Kowloon Station set to redefine luxury hospitality
1 April 2008

The Group's W-Hotel at Kowloon Station is scheduled to open in the middle of 2008. The first W-Hotel establishment in Hong Kong in The Cullinan II will blend international and oriental design in about 400 deluxe rooms that set new standards for Hong Kong's hotel industry.

Open mid 2008

The Group is opening the first W-Hotel in Hong Kong above Kowloon Station in mid 2008. The hotel will take up 25 floors between the first and 38th floors of The Cullinan II with about 400 deluxe rooms. Four floors will be set aside exclusively for two gourmet restaurants, a grand ballroom, five conference rooms and a W-Living VIP lounge. An elegant spa and an outdoor swimming pool will be available to hotel guests and tenants of the deluxe HarbourView Place serviced suites.

International design with local flair

W-Hotel Hong Kong will have interiors by acclaimed Japanese and Australian designers in line with W-Hotel's worldwide emphasis on internationalism with local features. The designs fuse elegance and comfort with traditional Chinese five-elements concept. The opulent interiors and the distinctive architecture will redefine luxury hospitality.

World-class designers

Japanese Glamorous is noted for restaurant, pub and shopping centre designs, with projects in Japan, New York, London, Hong Kong and on the mainland. Principal Yasumichi Morita has an original style that goes beyond interior design to graphics and other products. Australian g+a is a boutique design firm specializing in high-end residential projects. It did the interiors of many hotels in Australia and projects in Hong Kong and on the mainland. The firm believes that consolidating architecture and interiors in a detailed approach is key to unique design. Principal Nicholas Graham often finishes projects personally with custom fabrics, furniture, accessories and artwork that make each one unique.

Executive accommodation

The W-Hotel Hong Kong will offer personalized hospitality and full service to its top clientele of modern executives. Its location at Kowloon Station close to the Elements shopping centre will provide some of the best shopping and entertainment in town, while splendid views of Kowloon Peninsula and Victoria Harbour will add further appeal.

Easy accessibility

The Kowloon Station location offers maximum transport ease, being in the heart of a future business and cultural hub above the Airport Express Station next to the Western Harbour Crossing with fast links to the East and West rails via the West Kowloon MTR station. It will take just 20 minutes to get to the airport, three minutes to Central by rail and 20 minutes to the Lok Ma Chau border via Route 3. Future rail lines including the Kowloon Southern Link, Northern Link and Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong Express Rail Link will make connections even easier.

- END -

Last edited by Aboveday; April 1st, 2008 at 02:40 PM.
Aboveday no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2008, 04:53 AM   #2824
PwnedByASkyscraper
iPura Vida!

Likes (Received): 4

FINALLY, I found a good ICC photo
emily geoff 3/29
image hosted on flickr

Large Version

Paises Favoritas Que Yo Visite: United States, Costa Rica, Nederland, Espana, Deutschland

*All images I contribute to the site are from Flickr unless stated otherwise.
PwnedByASkyscraper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:34 AM   #2825
austinsteev1

Likes (Received): 0

I HATE to be negative, but i personally think that this is the second most BORING supertall ever constructed....right behind wtc. i mean.....square and go straight up...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big effing deal!!!!!!!!!!! now the Burj Dubai, Guangzou TV Tower, Chicago Spire, even the empire state building all have some character and finess'. But i wish that supertalls of this magnatude of unimaginativeness should not even be on the list. But, thats just my opinion.
austinsteev1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2008, 09:31 AM   #2826
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 61229

Elegance is also a virtue.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2008, 10:15 AM   #2827
spicytimothy
...::HK.:.:.:.LA::...

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsteev1 View Post
I HATE to be negative, but i personally think that this is the second most BORING supertall ever constructed....right behind wtc. i mean.....square and go straight up...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big effing deal!!!!!!!!!!! now the Burj Dubai, Guangzou TV Tower, Chicago Spire, even the empire state building all have some character and finess'. But i wish that supertalls of this magnatude of unimaginativeness should not even be on the list. But, thats just my opinion.
Thanks for your opinion and welcome to the forum!
Old April 2nd, 2008, 10:26 AM   #2828
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10144

Quote:
i donr know about that. its not straight up. it tapers. it has an enormous dragon tail . the top will consist of 4 opaque fins. just wait 6months
Old April 2nd, 2008, 12:12 PM   #2829
gladisimo
If I could be anyone...

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytimothy View Post
Thanks for your opinion and welcome to the forum!
lol, dunno about that, he's been here for a year and he's made 15 posts

RIP Dopey - 9/2005 - 20/2/2008
gladisimo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2008, 12:14 PM   #2830
gladisimo
If I could be anyone...

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
i donr know about that. its not straight up. it tapers. it has an enormous dragon tail . the top will consist of 4 opaque fins. just wait 6months
Neither is the freedom tower, actually. I find the height to be a bit of cheating, but the tower itself is quite nice.

Personally, I can't stand the Chicago spire (Reminds me of a drill bit) and I don't like the TV tower much, lol.

To each his own, I suppose.

RIP Dopey - 9/2005 - 20/2/2008
gladisimo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2008, 12:27 PM   #2831
dakir2004
BANNED

Likes (Received): 294

Really cool
dakir2004 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2008, 02:31 PM   #2832
Aboveday

From Flickr.com

From Flickr.com
Old April 2nd, 2008, 02:39 PM   #2833
Aboveday

From Flickr
Old April 2nd, 2008, 05:01 PM   #2834
_00_deathscar

Likes (Received): 217

Wah....
_00_deathscar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:57 PM   #2835
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

Quote:
and for me this tower is one of the best skyscrapers ever
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2008, 09:02 PM   #2836
Langur
Londinium langur

Likes (Received): 1640

Quote:
Well I love it and I loved the old World Trade Center too. The supertalls I hate are the ugly ones such as Sears Tower or Taipei 101.
"Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end." Edward Whymper
Langur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2008, 09:28 PM   #2837
Krattle

Likes (Received): 12

Straightness and squareness are cheaper to build and provide more office space. Despite its height the Burj Dubai has no more floor space than Sears Tower. Also, I love the subtle tapering of the sides of this tower.
Krattle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2008, 11:41 PM   #2838
LAYZIEDOGG
Los Santos

Likes (Received): 33

How can you call this boring? square and straight up? what do you mean?
look at its shape from the base till the top, its just a beautiful monster!
I love it, its one of the best towers in the world when finished!
LAYZIEDOGG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2008, 12:00 AM   #2839
TallBox

Likes (Received): 421

Close to topping out? It's only 406m.

I think the renders showed so much potential, but I think the building has been poorly executed. The lines are not slender curves but angular and make the building look stub (I'm aware it hasn't reached it's full height).

That said, its height is impressive.

Last edited by TallBox; April 3rd, 2008 at 12:09 AM.
TallBox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2008, 12:08 AM   #2840
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10144

shaun-make sure you scroll back a page or 2.
its amazing what you may find.
answer-ICC is a long way before topping out.
the upper 20 floors are totally different construction and shape compared to other 100 floors.
construction will slow down significantly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
nah, no where near topping out.
still at m4-1. 1st of mechanicals or 406m, still another 80m!!
it may stay at this level for a while. the upper 20 floors are intricate compared to lower 100 floors

floor plate columns have caught up/ now at lev100

Tags
1 austin road west, centre, commerce, hong kong, icc, international, kowloon, union square