daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 27th, 2010, 04:49 AM   #6421
some_stupid_nut

Likes (Received): 3

I love how imposing and elegant it looks!

IFC2 and ICC(US7)! Good job Hong Kong!

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2010, 07:42 AM   #6422
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!

Likes (Received): 50771

image hosted on flickr
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 12:29 PM   #6423
Ribarca

Likes (Received): 3270

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
it's probably a flight simulator lol
The air just looks to clean. I flew over Hong Kong a few weeks back and had an amazing view. Unfortunately the smog ruined my pics!

Hong Kong by Xavibarca, www.xavibarca.com
Ribarca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 04:04 PM   #6424
Rachmaninov

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribarca View Post
The air just looks to clean. I flew over Hong Kong a few weeks back and had an amazing view. Unfortunately the smog ruined my pics!
Same to me. I had a photo of the whole victoria harbour and another with the whole of kowloon...
Old January 27th, 2010, 04:21 PM   #6425
Ribarca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachmaninov View Post
Same to me. I had a photo of the whole victoria harbour and another with the whole of kowloon...
It can be so annoying! Good thing we did have some clear days in November last year:

image hosted on flickr

Old January 27th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #6426
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17802

ICC's panoramic views will be best in city
22 January 2010
SCMP

Hongkongers will soon be able to enjoy the most spectacular view yet of Victoria Harbour - 383 metres up on the 100th floor of the International Commerce Centre in Kowloon.

The observation deck of the highest building in Hong Kong, which towers to a height of 483 metres, will be open to the public by the end of the year.

"I believe this building with 118 levels will be the new landmark of Hong Kong," the chairman of the Hong Kong Tourism Board, James Tien Pei-chun, said, adding that the board would promote the Kowloon station development again when the deck opened.

The observation deck will offer a 360-degree panoramic view of Kowloon and the harbour. It will be the first of its kind in the city and will open in the fourth quarter of the year.

Four express lifts will take visitors from the second floor of the ICC to the deck in one minute. The general manager of the observation deck, Elaine Tsui, said there would be multimedia exhibitions documenting the changes in the city's lifestyle and development. A tourist information centre will also be set up.

The public will be able to buy tickets to visit the deck. Prices have not yet been decided, but Tsui said that they would take into account prices at similar tourist spots in other Asian cities.

The only public space that offers a view of the harbour from a higher altitude is The Peak. But visitors still have to walk around the hill to get a 360-degree view. "The view from The Peak is different ... both Kowloon and Hong Kong Island can be seen from the ICC observation deck located in the city centre," Tsui said.

Only two towers in the world have observation decks higher than the ICC one. The viewing point on the Burj Khalifa in Dubai is on the 124th floor at 442 metres above sea level. The three decks in the Shanghai World Financial Centre are on the 94th, 97th and 100th floors, at 423, 439 and 474 metres.

The ICC deck is higher than the one at Taipei 101, which is on the 89th floor at 390 metres. But Taipei 101 is a taller building at 508 metres.

Businesses have progressively moved into the office space in the ICC below the deck. The Ritz-Carlton, the highest hotel in the world, will open this year above the observation deck on the 102nd to 118th floors. Fine-dining restaurants will open on the 101st floor.

The observation deck has not yet been named. The ICC is inviting the public to submit proposed names for it to www.shkp-icc.com/odeck by March 5.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #6427
Ribarca

Can't wait till it opens!!!

In color.

image hosted on flickr

Old January 27th, 2010, 07:24 PM   #6428
CultureOfCongestion

Likes (Received): 1

Your pictures are always amazing Ribarca, probably the bests I've seen on this forum. It's a real pleasure to come and take a look at this thread, plus I love the ICC I hope to have some occasion to go to Hong Kong again, last time I saw it, it was a dwarf of something like 20 floors.
CultureOfCongestion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 07:44 PM   #6429
Huhu

Likes (Received): 437

Ribarca: do you have a larger version of that last pic (the one in colour), I need a new desktop picture.
Huhu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 10:03 AM   #6430
Ribarca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huhu View Post
Ribarca: do you have a larger version of that last pic (the one in colour), I need a new desktop picture.
Definitely Huhu. What dimensions do you need for the screen?

Old January 28th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #6431
vipermkk

Likes (Received): 5

1920*1200 Please...
vipermkk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 05:47 PM   #6432
Ribarca

I'll post it tomorrow!

Old January 28th, 2010, 08:09 PM   #6433
Huhu

Likes (Received): 437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribarca View Post
I'll post it tomorrow!
Thanks!
Huhu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #6434
the sock

Likes (Received): 80

isnt the sears tower obs deck higher than this one ?
the sock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:19 PM   #6435
stefanguti

Likes (Received): 1223

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
ICC's panoramic views will be best in city
22 January 2010
SCMP

Hongkongers will soon be able to enjoy the most spectacular view yet of Victoria Harbour - 383 metres up on the 100th floor of the International Commerce Centre in Kowloon.

The observation deck of the highest building in Hong Kong, which towers to a height of 483 metres, will be open to the public by the end of the year.

"I believe this building with 118 levels will be the new landmark of Hong Kong," the chairman of the Hong Kong Tourism Board, James Tien Pei-chun, said, adding that the board would promote the Kowloon station development again when the deck opened.

The observation deck will offer a 360-degree panoramic view of Kowloon and the harbour. It will be the first of its kind in the city and will open in the fourth quarter of the year.

Four express lifts will take visitors from the second floor of the ICC to the deck in one minute. The general manager of the observation deck, Elaine Tsui, said there would be multimedia exhibitions documenting the changes in the city's lifestyle and development. A tourist information centre will also be set up.

The public will be able to buy tickets to visit the deck. Prices have not yet been decided, but Tsui said that they would take into account prices at similar tourist spots in other Asian cities.

The only public space that offers a view of the harbour from a higher altitude is The Peak. But visitors still have to walk around the hill to get a 360-degree view. "The view from The Peak is different ... both Kowloon and Hong Kong Island can be seen from the ICC observation deck located in the city centre," Tsui said.

Only two towers in the world have observation decks higher than the ICC one. The viewing point on the Burj Khalifa in Dubai is on the 124th floor at 442 metres above sea level. The three decks in the Shanghai World Financial Centre are on the 94th, 97th and 100th floors, at 423, 439 and 474 metres.

The ICC deck is higher than the one at Taipei 101, which is on the 89th floor at 390 metres. But Taipei 101 is a taller building at 508 metres.

Businesses have progressively moved into the office space in the ICC below the deck. The Ritz-Carlton, the highest hotel in the world, will open this year above the observation deck on the 102nd to 118th floors. Fine-dining restaurants will open on the 101st floor.

The observation deck has not yet been named. The ICC is inviting the public to submit proposed names for it to www.shkp-icc.com/odeck by March 5.

Great!

Vienna Public Transport Thread

Austrian Subforum
stefanguti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #6436
The Terminator

Likes (Received): 7

Oh crap not for free?
The Terminator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #6437
Patrick Highrise
visit the world

Likes (Received): 2913

the sooner this one opens the better, last time in Hong Kong for me was in 2004, when this baby was a giant hole in the ground with its foundation. Always said then when ICC was finished and open for the public it was time for me to go back and visit Hong Kong!

BTW @ Ribarca: AWESOME PICTURE, me new desktop for the coming weeks (at least)
2017: Patagonië / Patagonia / Stockholm - India Ladakh (sept) - wandeldagen in de bergen van Ladakh - Boedapest (okt)
2018: Liverpool (mrt) - Wenen (mei) - Tanzania-Kilimanjaro (juni)
Patrick Highrise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 07:02 AM   #6438
Ribarca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huhu View Post
Thanks!
Sorry, I will do so later today!!!

Old January 30th, 2010, 07:42 AM   #6439
WiGgLz01
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

wow that is one amazing picture ribarca
WiGgLz01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #6440
The Terminator

Likes (Received): 7

and wait I thought it said the deck's gonna be taller than that of Taipei 101's? I don't know if it's true or not but judging by the information it contradicted itself because Taipei 101's is at 390m while ICC is at 383 (The info claims the latter to be taller)
The Terminator no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
1 austin road west, centre, commerce, hong kong, icc, international, kowloon, union square