daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 17th, 2011, 05:51 PM   #1201
Clery

Likes (Received): 3593

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
I think it is like with experimental electronic music (or other tough art genres for that matter). It's sometimes hard to listen but when you'll find the beauty in, you will say there's nothing better Because infact I too realise that the shape of this building is a bit confusing, a bit tough one may say, but still the combination of the unique cladding, interiors and interesting way of relation with the surraundings makes me think there is something undoubtedly nice about this tower.
I agree. Judging this tower on its own by saying it's "pretty" or "ugly" is totally missing the point.

Tour Phare will totally change La Défense as a whole. The area marked by the Grande Arche, the CNIT and Tour Phare will become a point of centrality unique in Paris.

We have something similar about Hermitage in a way. There's the two towers, but there's also the commercial mall and the conquest of the banks of the Seine. Knowing this, it becomes almost impossible for someone truly loving Paris to be against such a project.
Clery no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #1202
Exxon mobil
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

is so beautiful that communicates with God
Exxon mobil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:59 PM   #1203
Clery

Likes (Received): 3593

Say YES! to Tour Phare!

One of our forumers (ppierre) propose an online petition to support the project of Tour Phare.

It would be terrific if people from all over Europe and the world would sign it to show that the project affects a lot more people than just surrounding neighbours. We all suffer from nimbyism, let's show a global answer!

Here's a google translate link:
Say "yes" to Tour Phare

the dialog box is at the end of the page.

Clery no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:09 PM   #1204
Boriska
zététicien complotiste

Likes (Received): 4833

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
it's like a fat lady wearing a dress
Big Girls are beautiful
Boriska no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:09 PM   #1205
seb.nl

Likes (Received): 1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb.nl View Post
I would describe Phare as one of those girls that is not particularly genuine beautiful
but nevertheless so interresting that you can't keep your eyes off of her
I was being positive here :P
seb.nl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 12:02 AM   #1206
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Let's make PHARE happen

By Piéton

PLEASE SIGN THE FOLLOWING PETITION HERE

Thank you folks!
Old December 30th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #1207
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

has it not been approved yet? i thought it was already u/c lol what a great design

Last edited by SO143; January 5th, 2012 at 03:16 PM.
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #1208
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Yes it's approved but the construction cannot start as long as all appeals aren't cleared.

However, the preliminary works (destruction of the current footbridge) should have already begun, but for almost 2 months now, the mayor of Courbevoie Jacques Kossowski (initially eager to see this tower rise), has refused for the second time in a row Unibail's proposal regarding the new footbridge...indeed for some reasons (elections...?), he said that Unibail Rodamco's proposals to guarantee the connection between the Faubourd de l'Arche & La Défense during the construction of the 'Phare Tower' were still unsatisfactory.

For people's welfare (sure...), the mayor does not want escalators & lifts but a street level gateway...incredibly, Unibail & Kossowski haven't come to an agreement so far & carry on wasting a precious time stupidly with what I call a 'detail'...

***Carry on signing the petition guys***
Old January 18th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #1209
MissyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post
Mock-up photographed by Piéton:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG!!!!

Tour Phare is absolutely the definition of French Haute Coutre Design under architectural masterpieces! IF this one ever gets constructed and in this colour and such cladding and shape, it will certainly trigger a new trend worldwide among architects to build dazzling looking sophisticated buildings and not just a bunch of crap that we see in many places these days.

This will be not be just another tower, but A new tourist attraction for the area and for the city of Paris as a whole. I am just ...
Old March 28th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #1210
gdipasqu

Likes (Received): 249

La Défense : Nouveau retard dans le projet de tour Phare

(LaVieImmo.com) - La construction de la tour Phare de la Défense, qui serait la plus haute d’Europe, est actuellement mise entre parenthèses pour « une banale histoire de passerelle », informe Le Figaro.

Le député maire UMP de Courbevoie, Jacques Kossowski, « souhaite qu’Unibail finance une autre passerelle » pour remplacer celle qu’empruntent chaque jour « 20 000 personnes » entre la Défense et Courbevoie. Le promoteur a tenté quelques propositions, rejetées par l’élu qui les a jugées « insuffisantes ». Le maire a même précisé au quotidien qu’ « au cas où la proposition ne serait pas améliorée, je m’opposerais à la destruction de l’actuelle liaison, ce qui empêcherait le début des travaux ».

Ce projet de tour risque donc d’être fortement retardé, surtout si l’on se rappelle qu’Unibail doit également attendre la confirmation de son permis de construire, « attaqué en octobre 2010 devant la justice ».

source: HERE
gdipasqu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #1211
gdipasqu

Likes (Received): 249

sorry : that means the building of La tour Phare is delayed again because Jacques Kossowski ( UMP deputy mayor of Courbevoie ) wants Unibail build a another footbridge between La Défense to Courbevoie. (average : 20 000 passenger per day) to stand in for the current one that should be destroy to allow the building of the tower .

so ... it's the same problem since a long time ago ;.... and because the election are close now that should maybe move or not ... who knows ?
gdipasqu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #1212
ory26
BANNED

edit

Last edited by ory26; January 21st, 2016 at 12:17 PM.
ory26 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #1213
seb.nl

Likes (Received): 1280

I'll even help them build that thing if that's what it takes
seb.nl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:06 AM   #1214
Ulpia-Serdica
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7648

Quote:
Originally Posted by seb.nl View Post
I'll even help them build that thing if that's what it takes
Count me in. Who else wants to join?
Ulpia-Serdica no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #1215
MissyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdipasqu View Post
(LaVieImmo.com) - La construction de la tour Phare de la Défense, qui serait la plus haute d’Europe, est actuellement mise entre parenthèses pour « une banale histoire de passerelle », informe Le Figaro.

Le député maire UMP de Courbevoie, Jacques Kossowski, « souhaite qu’Unibail finance une autre passerelle » pour remplacer celle qu’empruntent chaque jour « 20 000 personnes » entre la Défense et Courbevoie. Le promoteur a tenté quelques propositions, rejetées par l’élu qui les a jugées « insuffisantes ». Le maire a même précisé au quotidien qu’ « au cas où la proposition ne serait pas améliorée, je m’opposerais à la destruction de l’actuelle liaison, ce qui empêcherait le début des travaux ».

Ce projet de tour risque donc d’être fortement retardé, surtout si l’on se rappelle qu’Unibail doit également attendre la confirmation de son permis de construire, « attaqué en octobre 2010 devant la justice ».

source: HERE
As long as (forgot how to say that in French) they don't make a second Shard in Paris!

Moi, j'aime le Shard à Londre aussi bien, mais la même dessin pour Paris sera tellement tellement fou!
Old March 29th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #1216
MissyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpia-Serdica View Post
Count me in. Who else wants to join?
Moi!

Old March 30th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #1217
Exxon mobil
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

bellissimo
Exxon mobil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #1218
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteJ View Post
As long as (forgot how to say that in French) they don't make a second Shard in Paris!
Hi there Charlotte,

As long as = 'du moment que' / 'aussi longtemps que' / 'tant que' (ça dépend du contexe) .

France is not used to copying other nations when it comes to architecture, so don't worry.

Shard is a beautiful building, but honestly I prefer Phare a lot more for many reasons (organic shape, one of a kind, amazing cladding, several different faces). Although some people criticize its design, I'm fairly sure that it will be Paris's new pride after the Eiffel Tower, once built it's gonna be a fantastic new kind of building to gaze at. It will be so iconic...

Regarding the footbridge, let's wait for the Elections to take place...Kossowski has been using this 'pretext' to show his electors how involved he can be regarding their 'welfare'...

That's a common behaviour...things are likely to evolve positively once the elections over. Furthermore, it doesn't change anything as 2 appeals need to be cleared before starting works. As mentioned in a previous post, the Court's decision will be known late 2012. Therefore, we must wait & see.

Last edited by Jex7844; April 12th, 2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: additional info
Jex7844 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #1219
Boriska
zététicien complotiste

Likes (Received): 4833

One of the most beautiful towers in the world. I hope I will see it.
Boriska no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #1220
Union.SLO
Existere et persistere

Likes (Received): 2044

Great, I really like this organic "coat" of the building. It will fit very well among the existing highrises, especially somewhat similar Tour T1.
Union.SLO no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
la défense, paris, paris skyscrapers